LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi peeps. I hate my job. That is stressing me out plus TOM kicked my butt and I haven't walked this week. I found all kinds of excuse---cramps, back hurts, etc. I need to get back on that treadmill. I'm also trying to stay off the scale. It's too up and down to rely on and I tend to have a day dependent on what it says---if down, good, if up or the same, bad. That's not a good way to have a life. Monday will be 8 weeks for me. Seems like just yesterday and I'm still adjusting to what I can and can't eat. My portions are still very small.
Job stress can just permeate your whole life. I hope you can find a resolution to this situation.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
I've been MIA for a couple of months--had my VSG on 11/28, down #32 since surgery.
I was hoping for bigger losses, but I guess it didnt get packed on overnight
I've hit some stalls, which can get pretty discouraging.
People have started to notice, which is nice and all, but I am my biggest critic.
I've been told to stop obsessing about the scale, and stay off of it, but I keep tormenting myself with daily weigh ins.
Mixed advice from other VSG patients--more protein, more water, yada yada..stalls are normal.
I guess I had delusions about quick weight loss with such a drastic procedure.
Kristen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
32 lbs in two months IS fast... that's like half a pound a day!! I lost 17lb my first month, and 12 my second month. The thing about the sleeve, you don't lose 32 pounds in two months and then get tired of "dieting" and give up or stall out... the weight loss continues. Before you know it, a year and a hundred or more pounds have gone! (I am not saying you even have a hundred pounds to lose, that is a generic "you")
Exactly what I was going to say. 32 pounds in two months? Awesome. At that rate that's 100 pounds in 6 months... 200 pounds in a year...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
This morning my dh told me "You need to understand I've always loved you, but I never thought you'd be thin again. It's like I got my 20-something wife back. I feel like we're newlyweds." I guess the old adage is true, WLS makes good marriages even better.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #154

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
This morning my dh told me "You need to understand I've always loved you, but I never thought you'd be thin again. It's like I got my 20-something wife back. I feel like we're newlyweds." I guess the old adage is true, WLS makes good marriages even better.
That's fantastic!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
Hi peeps. I hate my job. That is stressing me out plus TOM kicked my butt and I haven't walked this week. I found all kinds of excuse---cramps, back hurts, etc. I need to get back on that treadmill. I'm also trying to stay off the scale. It's too up and down to rely on and I tend to have a day dependent on what it says---if down, good, if up or the same, bad. That's not a good way to have a life. Monday will be 8 weeks for me. Seems like just yesterday and I'm still adjusting to what I can and can't eat. My portions are still very small.
I'm sorry you're still having issues with your job. That stinks.

This last 8 weeks has gone fast, hasn't it? I'm adjusting, too, but overall, I'm thrilled.

Dust off your walking shoes and DO IT!
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Quote:
Wow! That is an amazing NSV! Sounds like you have a good one there!! Congrats on all of it!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey Chewie - I do the scale mood game, too. It stinks! Also, a little tough love here - get out there and walk, girlie! Also, don't push it on your portions. I used to only take about 8 bites of food. Somehow, that has morphed into well over a cup of food...be careful now so you don't have to be fixing things in the future...
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hey Chewie - I do the scale mood game, too. It stinks! Also, a little tough love here - get out there and walk, girlie! Also, don't push it on your portions. I used to only take about 8 bites of food. Somehow, that has morphed into well over a cup of food...be careful now so you don't have to be fixing things in the future...
Ok, thanks. I really appreciate all the veteran's giving us newbies advice. I should copy it all down and keep it to read daily. HUGS
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Even after 7 months it is still a chore somedays to drink enough water. I do it, don't worry, but I'm surprised by the days when I would just rather not. I try to vary it up, drinking it plain, using crystal light, drinking tea .... getting it in is just something I have to do.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #160

Ok--folks it's 8 weeks today. I hit the ground running today. I emptied the d.w., got the laundry going, took my ds14 to football and then came home and hit the treadmill. I did 21 minutes and then 11 minutes on my bike to cool down and get over 30 minutes. This is a milestone as I have not gone over 25 minutes till today. Woohoo!!!!! I need to keep this up. Maybe first thing in the morning is my answer?????
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #161

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
WLS makes good marriages even better.
Actually, you are very lucky... if you read on Obesity Help, most everyone says just the opposite.... husbands often turn very jealous and insecure. Sounds like you've got a good one.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #162

I can't believe January is already almost over!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Aww, Jesse, that is really so sweet of him to say to you.
My boyfriend is Latino (from Peru), so he has loved me at any weight. I'm very pear shaped, so he never saw the body that I do. I have a bit of junk in the trunk, and he wants that to stick around.....but I sure don't! He doesn't have to go into dresssing rooms for hours trying on jeans!
The two big issues I have had a problem with is drinking all my fluids and the constipation. I was as regular as a train before surgery, now it's every other day or longer. I take a stool softener every day.
I went through all my closets, bureaus, etc yesterday and 'organized' everything. I only threw a few things away, as I dont want to get too ahead of myself.
Still having a hard time going out to dinner with my boyfriend. We used to have four hour food orgies at some great spots here in Boston, and now, I am done by the appetizer or a few bites of dinner. I have cried on a few occasions because I just feel weird about everything now.
He is super supportive and totally understands...he said we are both learning together and we will figure all of this out eventually. We had a good laugh over it, and put it behind us. It's a life changing thing, and I guess I really didnt get just how much.
Here he is (Carlos):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aruba trip 1.jpg (19.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Krissy66; 01-28-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #164

Krissy it seems most of us shrink in proportion... I would think the area which has the most fat would shrink at a faster rate, changing body proportions, but not so... until you get down to the last couple pounds, I would expect to stay the same shape (your bf will be happy!) lol
Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Actually, you are very lucky... if you read on Obesity Help, most everyone says just the opposite.... husbands often turn very jealous and insecure. Sounds like you've got a good one.
A few weeks ago we were out with some friends, and our table opened up so everyone got up to leave, and I stayed on my barstool to close out our tab. So as I was sitting there by myself a guy sat down on the next stool and struck up a conversation. Suddenly his hand was lightly on my back, not in any icky way, but it caught me by surprise as I realized he was FLIRTING with me! I paid our bill and said something about my husband waiting for me and I left. I thought about mentioning it to dh when I sat down, but it seemed like a crazy thing to talk about in front of our friends. A couple nights later when just dh and I were out, I mentioned it to him. He looked a little strange at first like what?! I said hey, I know I did nothing wrong, or anything to invite this. He digested it for a moment and said, You know I kind of like it that other men find you attractive. So yeah, he is a good one!

A little more on this topic ~ he is complimenting me a lot, and my first response was you are being so kind to me, because of course I am thinking about the loose skin. the stretch marks and all the weight yet to be lost. But I listened to the sincerity in his voice, and I decided to try and see myself through his eyes. If he thinks I'm pretty, if he thinks I'm thin, if he thinks I'm hot then I am. On this topic, his opinion is the one that matters to me, so I'm going with it. Feels very liberating to stop ticking my faults off in my head and just feel pretty instead.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Cute couple Krissy!

My DH likes it when other men find me attractive, LOL. He knows I'm his so I guess it boosts his ego or something.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #167

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
My husband sent me this picture today. It was day I surgery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.7 KB, 40 views)
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Oh WOW. Amazing transformation.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wowza!!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #170

Quote:
OMG---wow, what a transformation! Congrats.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Ugh. We got a bunch of snow last night... I was hoping for SPRING! I guess not yet.

I'm getting excited for Feb 3rd, so I can weigh again. I'm noticing a huge difference in how my shirts are fitting, which is awesome.

How is everyone else handling the January BLAHs?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Ugh. We got a bunch of snow last night... I was hoping for SPRING! I guess not yet.

I'm getting excited for Feb 3rd, so I can weigh again. I'm noticing a huge difference in how my shirts are fitting, which is awesome.

How is everyone else handling the January BLAHs?
I've got a girls spa weekend coming up early Feb for a friends 40th. Plan on doing some swimming in their heated pool and getting a bit pampered.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Ok--folks it's 8 weeks today. I hit the ground running today. I emptied the d.w., got the laundry going, took my ds14 to football and then came home and hit the treadmill. I did 21 minutes and then 11 minutes on my bike to cool down and get over 30 minutes. This is a milestone as I have not gone over 25 minutes till today. Woohoo!!!!! I need to keep this up. Maybe first thing in the morning is my answer?????
you go girl!

Quote:
A few weeks ago we were out with some friends, and our table opened up so everyone got up to leave, and I stayed on my barstool to close out our tab. So as I was sitting there by myself a guy sat down on the next stool and struck up a conversation. Suddenly his hand was lightly on my back, not in any icky way, but it caught me by surprise as I realized he was FLIRTING with me! I paid our bill and said something about my husband waiting for me and I left. I thought about mentioning it to dh when I sat down, but it seemed like a crazy thing to talk about in front of our friends. A couple nights later when just dh and I were out, I mentioned it to him. He looked a little strange at first like what?! I said hey, I know I did nothing wrong, or anything to invite this. He digested it for a moment and said, You know I kind of like it that other men find you attractive. So yeah, he is a good one!

A little more on this topic ~ he is complimenting me a lot, and my first response was you are being so kind to me, because of course I am thinking about the loose skin. the stretch marks and all the weight yet to be lost. But I listened to the sincerity in his voice, and I decided to try and see myself through his eyes. If he thinks I'm pretty, if he thinks I'm thin, if he thinks I'm hot then I am. On this topic, his opinion is the one that matters to me, so I'm going with it. Feels very liberating to stop ticking my faults off in my head and just feel pretty instead.
how awesome

Quote:

OMG What a difference you look amazing.
Quote:
Good morning everyone. Being back in the office is hard... yesterday I came late, took a long lunch (went home and laid down and put my legs up), and went home early and I was still mega swollen and a little sore (overall UNCOMFORTABLE) arg. This morning my thighs were even more sore then when I left work. I am so glad I had these surgeries, so I don't want to be a complainer... I just feel sort of despressed still.

Going up stairs at the office this morning, for a moment I forgot what's going on with my body and tried to start up the stairs like I did before surgery. OMG... It's not that I DID start up that way and regreted it... it's that my body literally COULD NOT do that.
you are doing so well after your ps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I'm so happy for all of us I've lost 75 lbs. since my RNY on August 20. On one hand, I think it should be more, then I tell myself (omg! 75 lbs.!) and I realize how monumental that is. I have 30 or 40 pounds to goal (I keep waffling between 140 and 150 as my goal), and that is even more astounding to me. My surgeon told me to expect to lose 70% of my excess weight at one year. I've kicked that pretty hard, which also encourages me. I try not to weigh every day, the normal fluctuations can be maddening.

I also find that repetitiveness in my food makes things easier. I am a historical self-sabatouer (I don't know if I spelled that correctly) and the less choices I have in front of me, the better off I am.

your rockin!!

Me, I am on a holding pattern weight wise. Too much crap has been going into my mouth. I am trying to decide to keep going or call goal. I had to buy new pants for work and they were a size 14. My 16's from 15 years ago are starting to fall off from me so I know these are true 14's and not vanity sized. I have never been a 14 in my adult life. My legs look really thin in them and I am concerned about losing too much in my face. I am still technically overweight by two points on the BMI scale. It seems every pound I lose shows in my face now and everyone says my face looks good so I don't want to over do it., I am 50 and worry about looking haggard. Also, as I said my legs look really thin, I actually have that gap In between my the tops of my thighs even with loose skin.

I took my measurements yesterday and I lost 3 1/2 inches in the last two weeks with no weight loss so my body is still tightening up. Total inches lost is 82 just amazing to me.

Truthfully, I am getting tired of dropping sizes. I buy such cute stuff and after a few weeks end up donating it. I want to decide once and for all on a goal weight and get my weight stabilized so I can quit changing sizes. It was fun at first but now it is getting annoying. Plus I am going to Hawaii for two weeks in July and want to start getting some cute summer things.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

You ladies are all inspiring! Heather, your picture shows just how far you have come - amazing and inspiring!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #175

Chrissy--awesome job---82 inches???? WOWOWOWOOW!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Just, wow
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

So it was a bit warmer today and I decided to wear my new dress. Put on said dress, over normal undergarments. Wiggled into tights. Pause at mirror. Hmmm a little spanx might be in order. More vigorious wiggling needed to get spanx in place. Back to mirror. Does the light shine through the skirt? Ekk gads don't want the silhoutte of my legs to show through if I am somehow backlit! Bad form if you teach high school. So I dig out a half slip. Good grief, I now have on FOUR layers under the dress~ pantie, tights, spanx and half slip! Finally I tug on my very cool boots, and unlike when I bought them 2 months ago, I DO NOT break out into a sweat while I zip them up. which is good because I am still sweating a little from my struggle with the spanx. But everything is in place, jiggles pretty much subdued and I'm feeling pretty chic! Whew, dressing well can be a lot of work.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #178

Quote:
So it was a bit warmer today and I decided to wear my new dress. Put on said dress, over normal undergarments. Wiggled into tights. Pause at mirror. Hmmm a little spanx might be in order. More vigorious wiggling needed to get spanx in place. Back to mirror. Does the light shine through the skirt? Ekk gads don't want the silhoutte of my legs to show through if I am somehow backlit! Bad form if you teach high school. So I dig out a half slip. Good grief, I now have on FOUR layers under the dress~ pantie, tights, spanx and half slip! Finally I tug on my very cool boots, and unlike when I bought them 2 months ago, I DO NOT break out into a sweat while I zip them up. which is good because I am still sweating a little from my struggle with the spanx. But everything is in place, jiggles pretty much subdued and I'm feeling pretty chic! Whew, dressing well can be a lot of work.
Wow!!! You are the hot teacher today. LOL

Awesome job---that must feel great even with the little bit of wiggling.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #179

I asked dh to take ds14 to football this morning. I wanted to do my dreadmill and bike first thing. I did 35 minutes!!!! Phew, it's hard no matter when you do it but I love getting it out of the way. Then there is NO excuse. Plus I end up doing a bit more in the early morning than later in the day.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #180

Quote:
try not to drink allot of water today

Ya, I got you there... Since I have to wear compression to reduce swelling after surgeries, I have on... compression panties, compression tights, compression for torso via under-bust to hip garment, geanie bra, cami (dress is a bit low cut for work), dress and finally, a sweater! lol!!! And that is not to mention the gauze / surgical dressings!!!!!!