Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Chrissykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windy City Burbs
Posts: 4,816
Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
I had an RNY and take only acetominphen-no NSAIDs of any kind-they can cause gastric bleed and this includes things like Pepto Bismol (contains salicylic acid). The last gastrologist I saw explained it this way-when many take pills they fall into the same place in our pouches or altered stomachs every time we take them-this can also cause problems especially with NSAIDs-irritation & bleeding can occur. I have had no problems faithfully avoiding NSAIDs including prescriptions like Celebrex & Mobix etc. Here is a list of the most common NSAIDs and as always confer with your wls doc.

List of NSAIDS:
Actron
Advil
Aleve
Amigesic
Anacin
Anaprox
Ansaid
Aspergum
Aspirin
Bayer
Bufferin
Doan's pills
Ecotrin
Excedrin
Feldene
Flector
Ibuprofen
Indocin
Indomethacin
Ketoprofen
Lodine
Magnesium salicylate
Midol
Mobic
Motrin
Naprosyn
Naproxen
Nuprin
Sodium salicylate
Toradol
Ultraprin
Voltaren
Voltaren Gel
Zipsor

Note: Celebrex is also an NSAID but it works differently than most NSAIDS. Some physicians feel it is safe for gastric bypass patients. Discuss the risks and benefits with your physician before deciding if you feel comfortable taking Celebrex.
Thanks, this is a really nice list to keep in my purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
32 lbs so far.

you go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
As of today, 4 1/2 months after RNY surgery, I have lost 71 lbs. and my BMI has gone from 41.2 (morbidly obese) to 29.7 (overweight). I never thought I would be so happy to be classified as "overweight"

Outstanding! You must feel like a different person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodye View Post
Hello all. Just checking in. I am doing ok. I went to the YMCA for water zumba today. I felt pretty good afterwards. I so need to exercise daily. It makes me feel so much better.Its just the getting there that I have a problem with, once I am there I enjoy it.
Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Checking in - I'm in a "slow down" not really a stall but not the very steady weight loss I've been experiencing. No problem though because suddenly my pants are way too big again. It's amusing to me how they are baggy but still usable and then I put them on again a few days later and BAM! they are unacceptable. Time to go shopping.
Isn't it a great feeling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
I think I've hit my 3 week stall at week 6.

Please reassure me that it will get better (even though I know it will).

I've been logging, and I'm not eating anything I shouldn't be and I am staying under 800 calories, which is where my doc wants me.
It will get better your body has a mind of its own. The three week stall is VERY normal for a lot of people.

Me, I am doing good. I am cleaning up my eating. I was down to 176 this morning. My surgeon has a goal of 161 but i think i am going to shoot for 150. everyone at work is telling me my face is getting really thin and i am not sure how much excess skin I have it must weigh at least 10 pounds. I am now into all of my clothes from my "thin" stash of tubs. I moved the last ones from my basement to my closet last night.

I went to my daughter's school for a meeting yesterday and the wouldn't let me in! I rang the buzzer and had to ID myself before they would unlock the door. They didn't recognize me
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Chrissy--wow, you are doing fantastic. Plus I want to thank you for all of us, you are always so kind and post such supporting posts. HUGS
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
My dd left this week for a semester in Rome. So excited for her, but it was hard to hug her goodbye for 4 months. She's been there a few days and has posted photos etc. and it looks like she is going to have an incredible experience. I helped her pack the 50 lbs of clothes she was allowed. Yesterday I went into her room to start bringing some order to it after the crazy packing and I looked at the approximately 300 pounds of clothes that she left behind and thought hmmm I wonder if that sweater would fit me? It did! I wore it to dinner last night at a charming little french restaurant and felt pretty fashionable. Once I was in her room I borrowed a necklace too. My dh took a picture of me so we could send it to her. I'm sure she'll love it; she's been very proud and supportive. She has a ton of cute dresses ranging from size 14 to size 10. I think I just founds my spring wardrobe
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
My dd left this week for a semester in Rome. So excited for her, but it was hard to hug her goodbye for 4 months. She's been there a few days and has posted photos etc. and it looks like she is going to have an incredible experience. I helped her pack the 50 lbs of clothes she was allowed. Yesterday I went into her room to start bringing some order to it after the crazy packing and I looked at the approximately 300 pounds of clothes that she left behind and thought hmmm I wonder if that sweater would fit me? It did! I wore it to dinner last night at a charming little french restaurant and felt pretty fashionable. Once I was in her room I borrowed a necklace too. My dh took a picture of me so we could send it to her. I'm sure she'll love it; she's been very proud and supportive. She has a ton of cute dresses ranging from size 14 to size 10. I think I just founds my spring wardrobe
What a great opportunity for your dd and awesome nsv for you.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,954
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Congrats, Jesse! My DD14 was downright mad for a while when she realized I was only a few (1 or 2) sizes larger than her. Once I wore a few of her things she suddenly went on a diet and dropped another size... She seems to be over it now, but I will say she seems more threatened than supportive. I guess its all part of the teenage angst thing.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Congrats, Jesse! My DD14 was downright mad for a while when she realized I was only a few (1 or 2) sizes larger than her. Once I wore a few of her things she suddenly went on a diet and dropped another size... She seems to be over it now, but I will say she seems more threatened than supportive. I guess its all part of the teenage angst thing.
Yes, my daughter is 20 and in college, so no teenage angst. I can by no means wear all of her clothes yet, but there are a few pieces, and more to come I'm sure. My guess is she will be just as pleased when she can raid my closet in the future!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Healthy and Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,006
WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
16.5 wks and it was confirmed yesterday, she is a GIRL! I'm at 10 lost and 2 gained back for the pregnancy so far. Feeling much better with little nausea now. I had heard other preggo VSG'ers say that their sleeve seems to enlarge some to fit more food in during the pregnancy and then goes back to being tighter afterward. I think I am at the stage now where it feels like I can fit more in. I am eating very often thru the day, and was even up at midnight last night to eat a bit of chicken!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (13.3 KB, 11 views)
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Today's weight 200.5. So close. I haven't been this weight for 25 years. Trying to avoid the Sunday minefield of pancakes and now, trail mix while the menfolk watch football. Doing okay, but not perfect. I will continue to fight the good fight!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Today's weight 200.5. So close. I haven't been this weight for 25 years. Trying to avoid the Sunday minefield of pancakes and now, trail mix while the menfolk watch football. Doing okay, but not perfect. I will continue to fight the good fight!
Awesome job, Jesse.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Where is everyone I know there are other boards for WLS, and I learned a lot reading them, but I only post here. I like our group and how respectful and supportive it is Can we keep it going?

I am still hanging in at 200.5. Nice spot for a mini stall! looking forward to being in onderland, hopefully sometime this week. It's mid January, cold and dark here in the north country. I just keep pushing through the dark and cold, knowing that I am going to have a spring like I haven't had in decades! Keeping busy, keeping on plan, and keeping hope for all that is to come.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
HI all. Jesse, I too like this board the best. It has gotten quiet. I'll chat with you if you want.

I started walking on my treadmill today. Woohoo. I did 20 minutes and it was brutal. I want to increase a little everyday.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
HI all. Jesse, I too like this board the best. It has gotten quiet. I'll chat with you if you want.

I started walking on my treadmill today. Woohoo. I did 20 minutes and it was brutal. I want to increase a little everyday.
My first real work outs weren't until I was about 3 months post op and I did NOT find them energizing. But it improved rapidly, and now I can honestly say that I look forward to working out. It feels good! I am nicer and more energetic if I work out regularly.

Question for those further along- my bones hurt when I'm sleeping. Explain this to me. I'm 5ft 5 in, small framed, and weigh 200 pounds. I am not skinny, I'm still fat. So why can I seem to feel every $#@ bone when I'm in bed? I don't remember them hurting when I was much, much thinner. Is it because they are not used to contact with the outside world because they were sheathed in fat for so long? Is it because I'm older now? We're going to need to buy a pillow top mattress pad soon.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
Gymnopedie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 141
Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Hi!!! I've been trying to focus on hitting the gym. Water aerobics and yoga, mostly. It's going well, and I feel like I'm getting some of my core strength back, which is awesome.

I'm getting impatient to weigh, but I won't.... not until the 3rd of next month. My doc made me promise.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Hey all... question.

I woke up this morning with a headache of epic size. I only get these a couple times a year, and I've historically taken excedrin migraine; my doc said it wasn't worth a prescription when I don't get them very often. It works, after a fashion.

Now, my surgeon and nut didn't tell me I couldn't take any OTC meds, and they didn't tell me I had to take anything specific. I've heard that folks who have had bypass can't take this, but I've not heard anything about sleevers....

So, sleevers, can I take this?
NSAIDS are a big risk post WLS no matter which one you had. Most risky for RNY as we can get ulcers in our blind stomach. Sleeves can be visualized but the risk of getting them is still great. I would recommend none or only rarely in moderation. I had migraines about 10-15 times a month pre-op. None since. None! I can tell you that it is greatly related to diet and blood glucose/insulin levels. I don't drink caffeine any more and I don't eat any sugar, period.

Anyway. For migraines... I'd steer clear of NSAIDS. *Maybe* once won't hurt you, but you have to think it only takes once to hurt you. I had ulcers pre-op from NSAID use for migraines.

Tylenol and caffeine if you drink it. Ice to the main pain point. And believe it or not, exercise. It hurts like h$ll to start out with, but a good run (or brisk walk - something to get the blood pumping) works wonders against head pain. Headaches are caused by a dilation of blood vessels. Ice and cold constricts them. So does exercise. I promise, it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
I did hear back, and I was told that any OTC med is fine... although I was told that they "might" cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach.
They might. And remember the risk of ulcers with NSAIDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Question: anyone get light headed and loopy feeling? I feel that way now and don't know why. Maybe low bp????
Blood pressure could be it. But I always get cloudy, foggy, loopy, weird feeling when my blood glucose is about to tank. I feel like everything is being painted in a white haze. Everything is brighter, louder, fuzzier, and I just feel OFF.
__________________
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $48,000 for The DFW Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Hi!!! I've been trying to focus on hitting the gym. Water aerobics and yoga, mostly. It's going well, and I feel like I'm getting some of my core strength back, which is awesome.

I'm getting impatient to weigh, but I won't.... not until the 3rd of next month. My doc made me promise.
Can I preach the wonders of yoga enough? All of my strength and toning has come from yoga. I'm a brick beneath all this skin lol.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #76
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
My first real work outs weren't until I was about 3 months post op and I did NOT find them energizing. But it improved rapidly, and now I can honestly say that I look forward to working out. It feels good! I am nicer and more energetic if I work out regularly.

Question for those further along- my bones hurt when I'm sleeping. Explain this to me. I'm 5ft 5 in, small framed, and weigh 200 pounds. I am not skinny, I'm still fat. So why can I seem to feel every $#@ bone when I'm in bed? I don't remember them hurting when I was much, much thinner. Is it because they are not used to contact with the outside world because they were sheathed in fat for so long? Is it because I'm older now? We're going to need to buy a pillow top mattress pad soon.
I can definitely feel a difference on days I don't work out. I missed my 5am workout yesterday due to the ice and I was so draggy that I came home and fell asleep talking to my daughter on her bed! Seriously, it's that different. A good sweaty power yoga session or a quick 3 mile run works wonders!

As much as it sucks to workout, make it a priority. I schedule life around my job and my workouts, they are that mandatory. If someone wants to do something on a saturday it's after noon when I'm done with workouts. If something comes up and I have to miss a workout I "bank" that time beforehand if I know about it. I never ever ever say "I'll make it up later" because I just set myself up to fail if I don't get to it. I just say "well I missed that opportunity". Nor do I do home workouts. I can, and I have, but for the most part if I don't get dressed and physically LEAVE to workout then I find excuses not to. My workouts are just something I do, part of my daily life and are non-negotiable. They just are.

I'm at the gym or yoga studio 6 days a week. It'd be 7 if I could find a good Sunday class too!

Bones... they aren't padded anymore. You're actually feeling them. My hips would hurt when I slept on that side. My tailbone hurt when I sat. Once you've lost your weight and maintained there for a while you will get used to it and it won't hurt anymore.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
NSAIDS are a big risk post WLS no matter which one you had. Most risky for RNY as we can get ulcers in our blind stomach. Sleeves can be visualized but the risk of getting them is still great. I would recommend none or only rarely in moderation. I had migraines about 10-15 times a month pre-op. None since. None! I can tell you that it is greatly related to diet and blood glucose/insulin levels. I don't drink caffeine any more and I don't eat any sugar, period.

Anyway. For migraines... I'd steer clear of NSAIDS. *Maybe* once won't hurt you, but you have to think it only takes once to hurt you. I had ulcers pre-op from NSAID use for migraines.

Tylenol and caffeine if you drink it. Ice to the main pain point. And believe it or not, exercise. It hurts like h to start out with, but a good run (or brisk walk - something to get the blood pumping) works wonders against head pain. Headaches are caused by a dilation of blood vessels. Ice and cold constricts them. So does exercise. I promise, it works.



They might. And remember the risk of ulcers with NSAIDS.



Blood pressure could be it. But I always get cloudy, foggy, loopy, weird feeling when my blood glucose is about to tank. I feel like everything is being painted in a white haze. Everything is brighter, louder, fuzzier, and I just feel OFF.
My dr said to cut the bp pills in half. I haven't done it yet cause my pills are set in a container for a week. I will do that starting Saturday. My bp was 112/68. That is super duper low for me.

Also, I've been finally doing my walking on my dreadmill. At the end of the time, now 20 minutes, I get off and go outside to walk around the yard and cool off. I am super light headed when I get off the tm. Is that normal? I am not an exerciser and have no idea. Advice needed. TIA
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Hi!!! I've been trying to focus on hitting the gym. Water aerobics and yoga, mostly. It's going well, and I feel like I'm getting some of my core strength back, which is awesome.

I'm getting impatient to weigh, but I won't.... not until the 3rd of next month. My doc made me promise.
That's funny. Well, then you'll have a nice surprise.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #79
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,485
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Bones... they aren't padded anymore. You're actually feeling them. My hips would hurt when I slept on that side. My tailbone hurt when I sat. Once you've lost your weight and maintained there for a while you will get used to it and it won't hurt anymore.
Same here... especially the tail bone... whew
I too got used to it.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Chrissykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windy City Burbs
Posts: 4,816
Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I saw my surgeon today. He was really happy with my progress. All of my levels were within normal range. He said I could call goal if I wanted, I was 174 this morning and am 5'8" I think I am going to try to lose 15 more pounds and re-evaluate from there. I am doing so well he doesn't want to see me for a nine month check.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,954
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Congrats, Chrissy! I wish I could get to 174 - it was my original goal, but now I am thinking my body just really likes to hover around 185... pretty close

I agree with the no padding comments! My tailbone and rear end in general gets really sore if I sit for too long. I am constantly fidgeting! I also have visable collar bones, shoulder bones and my kids make fun of my bony feet! I still manage to have thick ankes, though!

I am currently just trying to recover from my 12/27 surgery. It is a slow process. I am trying to get in more protein to help. Talk about uncomfortable!
__________________
The big question is: How badly do you want this!?!
"If it was easy everybody would be doing it." --Me!
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought...What we think we become.” Buddha
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Gymnopedie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 141
Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Can I preach the wonders of yoga enough? All of my strength and toning has come from yoga. I'm a brick beneath all this skin lol.
I am loving all your yoga pics! You are like my own personal yoga role model. Question: when will my flab stop getting in my way, and how is the best way to modify til then?

Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #83
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I wish I could get to 174 - it was my original goal, but now I am thinking my body just really likes to hover around 185... pretty close
Not a bad place to be, but absolutely no reason you have to snuggle in where your body wants to hover if you still want to hit 174. You can get there if you want.


So... I was planning on having surgery early in this year but it looks like I'm pushing it back. Who knows when. Why? So I can attend a Yoga Master retreat in April, lol. Yes, for exercise. Originally I thought hey I can have surgery in February and be ready by mid april, but then decided not to "risk" it. So now I'm thinking maybe late April or mid summer. Who would have thought a few years ago I would avoid doing something so I could KEEP working out. Used to be I would avoid working out by doing something.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #84
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
I am loving all your yoga pics! You are like my own personal yoga role model. Question: when will my flab stop getting in my way, and how is the best way to modify til then?
You just work around it! Pick it up and move it around. Wear compression workout clothes. Twist or bend less. I used to just work out in cheapo baggy clothes, but now I invest in better gear. Performance dry fit tops. Good yoga or running bottoms. I spent $70 on a pair of yoga pants, and even though I own a million billion pairs of other pants I wear these all the time because the fit and function are tons better. Not to mention if I spend that much on workout gear, by gosh I better keep working out!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #85
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,914
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I still manage to have thick ankes, though!
Do you really? Cuz I'd swear on a stack of bibles that I had a gut the size of Texas and when I look in the mirror that's all I see... but to everyone else (you know, all those people who look at me with out my distorted body image) I look perfectly normally proportioned.

Just saying this because we are always our own worst critics and when one thing gets resolved we tend to focus on something else that is "horrible" about ourselves. I'm super bad at this myself!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
199.5 baby! Enough said.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Healthy and Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,006
WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Congrats!!!!!!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Congrats!!!!!!
Thanks. I haven't seen a 1 on the scale for soooo long!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Chrissykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Windy City Burbs
Posts: 4,816
Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Congrats, Chrissy! I wish I could get to 174 - it was my original goal, but now I am thinking my body just really likes to hover around 185... pretty close

I agree with the no padding comments! My tailbone and rear end in general gets really sore if I sit for too long. I am constantly fidgeting! I also have visable collar bones, shoulder bones and my kids make fun of my bony feet! I still manage to have thick ankes, though!

I am currently just trying to recover from my 12/27 surgery. It is a slow process. I am trying to get in more protein to help. Talk about uncomfortable!
Thanks HT you will get there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Not a bad place to be, but absolutely no reason you have to snuggle in where your body wants to hover if you still want to hit 174. You can get there if you want.


So... I was planning on having surgery early in this year but it looks like I'm pushing it back. Who knows when. Why? So I can attend a Yoga Master retreat in April, lol. Yes, for exercise. Originally I thought hey I can have surgery in February and be ready by mid april, but then decided not to "risk" it. So now I'm thinking maybe late April or mid summer. Who would have thought a few years ago I would avoid doing something so I could KEEP working out. Used to be I would avoid working out by doing something.
I love your workout ethic! I wish I could find mine. My NY resolution was to start hitting the gym and tone up but, I hired a housekeeper and I am trying to get some deep cleaning done so she can then maintain it. I am spending my free time transporting kids and cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
199.5 baby! Enough said.
congrats! It is a great feeling isn't it.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #90
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,773
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
199.5 baby! Enough said.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.