Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Winter Wonderland WLS Wagon; DECEMBER 2012

I'm trying not to obsess to much about my surgery tomorrow, so I thought I'd start the December thread!

This month, I want to hear about all the changes, challenges and victories you're celebrating as the year draws to a close!

Mine: I'm getting my sleeve tomorrow. I started the process in March of this year, so my whole year (nearly) has been focused on getting me here.... after years of contemplation and failures. I feel like I am saying goodbye to the old me along with 2012.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greenbean
How exciting Gymnopedie!
Take some lip balm/chapstick to the hospital. OHHH! Take a magazine or book and your phone charger too. Be sure to walk the hospital halls as soon as they let you. It will help with any gas and help circulation with your legs.
greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I am sorry I have been flaking out on "our" threads.

I am going to start checking in (not just lurking) at least once a day. It really helps me stay focused and I miss yall!

I have been de-cluttering our house. This project may take a year to get done but I am determined to do it. I did the kitchen and part of the laundry room not too long ago (2 weeks maybe). Spent 3-4 days with a sinus infection and what the doctor is calling a complex kidney infection.

Laundry is my nemesis! I have a carload of clothes to donate or take to the consignment shop. Honestly, I am not sure it is worth my time to make sure stuff is not wrinkled and put it all on hangers to get it to a consignment shop. If anyone here is interested in some size 20/22/24 clothes and lives near DFW, please let me know. Most of it is from Macy's or Lane Bryant. It annoys me to no end to get rid of things I wore 2-3 times. Heck it annoys me to get rid of my favorites too.

I am still losing...ever so slowly. I am going to go walk at lunch on the days it is nice out. Pfft I am going to start wearing my fitbit too.

Okay- time to start laundry and throw some chicken on the grill.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Last week I got to the gym 5 days in a row by packing my bag and going straight there after work. I made it an extension of my work day. I started with that again this week. Felling good because it's 5pm, I'm home and my workout is already done. I felt so good as I was driving home, so I ask myself again, Why do I ever avoid working out when it feels soooo good and burns up all my left over work stress before I get home? I need to remember this feeling next time I want to skip.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
I am sorry I have been flaking out on "our" threads.

I am going to start checking in (not just lurking) at least once a day. It really helps me stay focused and I miss yall!

I have been de-cluttering our house. This project may take a year to get done but I am determined to do it. I did the kitchen and part of the laundry room not too long ago (2 weeks maybe). Spent 3-4 days with a sinus infection and what the doctor is calling a complex kidney infection.

Laundry is my nemesis! I have a carload of clothes to donate or take to the consignment shop. Honestly, I am not sure it is worth my time to make sure stuff is not wrinkled and put it all on hangers to get it to a consignment shop. If anyone here is interested in some size 20/22/24 clothes and lives near DFW, please let me know. Most of it is from Macy's or Lane Bryant. It annoys me to no end to get rid of things I wore 2-3 times. Heck it annoys me to get rid of my favorites too.

I am still losing...ever so slowly. I am going to go walk at lunch on the days it is nice out. Pfft I am going to start wearing my fitbit too.

Okay- time to start laundry and throw some chicken on the grill.
I'm decluttering a lot too. It seems as I lose weight, I want the house to lose weight also As I was tossing stuff from the hallway closet a few weeks ago, I kept saying ohh that feels so good! I recycled and donated what I could, but some of it was just broken crap that hit the trash can. Good riddance!!!

I wasn't sure about the consignment issue either- what I do is prep only my best stuff that I think has a chance of selling. I haven't made a ton of $ but what I have made I've used to buy things from the consignment store, which of course I will try to re-consign when they no longer fit. Sometimes though I find it is just easier to "set things free" and donate. I figure it'd building good karma and plus sized clothing is something a lot of low income women really need.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jesse! I am amazed at how much broken stuff we have. I gave away 11 pots/pans and we still have quite a few. Getting rid of stuff really feels pretty freeing. It is much easier just to "set things free" and donate for me.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
I have been de-cluttering our house. This project may take a year to get done but I am determined to do it.
Me too. And I'm so completely motivated by this local FB page where you post your stuff for sale and people buy it. I've come to the realization that people will be more apt to buy anything if you price it very very very cheap. Made about $200 this weekend. Probably about $500 so far. I've got about $100-$150 more coming in this week too! This is stuff I would have just stuffed in the garage, attic or given to Goodwill! Y'all should look to see if you have something like it in your area.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Heather! What is the FB page called? I guess I don't know what to look for on FB. I wouldn't mind selling the good stuff even if it goes cheap (money is always a bonus at Christmas time).
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #9

This one is specific to Midlothian. It's a secret group that only lets you in if you are in town or in a neighboring town. I happened across it by word of mouth. Maybe you could do a search for your town and the word shopping or something. I bet there is one, there are about 5-6 for my area and it's not a big area!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Thank you!
I hope you find them! Once you find one then you find several because they talk about them.

Today I have someone leaving me $10 for a wooden shelf, $45 for a dog crate, $12 for some books and watches, $1 for some napkin rings, $12 for a mini straightener, $2 for some salad tongs and I forget what the other thing was. But yeah, all while I'm at my regular job. I don't really worry about theft because they are all people I've dealt with before or seen dealing quite a bit on there. If it's someone I don't know or never see posting then I meet them at CVS or something or have them do a porch pickup while my husband and I are home.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Checking in for the month...my goal for the month is to lose 10lbs of regain I MADE myself get on the scale this morning... I didn't like what it said, but then again it's my fault. It also was not as bad as I imagined. I would like finish the year strong! My 2 year surgiversay is this month. Cannot believe it has been that long. I must say that I still have great restriction when I am not scarfing slider carbs.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I hope you find them! Once you find one then you find several because they talk about them.

Today I have someone leaving me $10 for a wooden shelf, $45 for a dog crate, $12 for some books and watches, $1 for some napkin rings, $12 for a mini straightener, $2 for some salad tongs and I forget what the other thing was. But yeah, all while I'm at my regular job. I don't really worry about theft because they are all people I've dealt with before or seen dealing quite a bit on there. If it's someone I don't know or never see posting then I meet them at CVS or something or have them do a porch pickup while my husband and I are home.
I joined one of these in my area...haven't bought or sold anything yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
I joined one of these in my area...haven't bought or sold anything yet.
Just jump right in. I watched for a while but now I'm addicted.

Quote:
Checking in for the month...my goal for the month is to lose 10lbs of regain I MADE myself get on the scale this morning... I didn't like what it said, but then again it's my fault. It also was not as bad as I imagined. I would like finish the year strong! My 2 year surgiversay is this month. Cannot believe it has been that long. I must say that I still have great restriction when I am not scarfing slider carbs.
Been there so many times. Right now I'm in an on track phase. Even though I've skipped workouts since last Thursday night. You've come to far to let this slide. It helps me to get on the scale every stinking day, no matter what it says. It makes me confront things.

Two years is when it started to be hardest for me. I'm hitting 20 months now and 3 years in March.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
I made it through the surgery... I feel like I've been hit by a train!

I left the hospital on full liquids, but all I really feel like right now is ice chips. I can't burp to save my life, but I am passing gas some.

How did you all deal with the gas? This is almost unbearable! I've been walking as much as I can.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Welcome back, Gymnopedie! My abdominal gas pain was awful, but it disappeared overnight the second day after surgery. So glad I was asleep for that I also had many weeks of burping/gas when eating. That eventually subsided, too.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Spent last night in ER for kidney pain/infection due to not being able to get down enough liquids from being nauseous. I'm over 10 wks pregnant now and I've lost over 10 lbs just since I found out about 6 wks ago. They gave me a script for Zofran, seems to be helping the nausea some so far. They think it will help so I can get down more liquids. This is all new to me, I was never sick like this with my other pregnancies! Now I'm going back to read on how all of you are doing!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
I have been there too! I have been having terrible acid and haven't been able to get my schedule coordinated with my surgeons for an appt. I feel like chewing my arm off and the burping OMG. I switched OTC meds and it seems to be helping. I haven't gained anything but I also haven't lost anything. I have been indulging in carbs and candy. It really showed my how easy it is too go back to old habits. I am still in losing inches mode so that is good. I bought new jeans two weeks ago and today when I put them on they are getting loose already. I bought some new bras this morning since I am wearing tighter tops and wow I feel so girlie I have boobs that don't hang to my knees I bought some of those genie bras a couple of months ago but I didn't like the way they made me look but, boy are they comfy.

As of yesterday I am back in losing weight mode. I am 38 pounds from goal and I want to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post

I left the hospital on full liquids, but all I really feel like right now is ice chips. I can't burp to save my life, but I am passing gas some.

How did you all deal with the gas? This is almost unbearable! I've been walking as much as I can.

Yeah, your home congrats and welcome to the losers bench. You are in for a wonderful, exciting ride. I have never been happier. I feel like the missing piece of my life in back. I not only feel complete and like a new person but i have so much confidence and I wish you and Chewie have as great of a journey as I have had.

I don't know why but I didn't have gas. They say walk, walk, walk to get it moving. One of the best things I can say to you.....at this stage never trust a fart for the first few weeks.

If you have any questions we are here for you.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-05-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Spent last night in ER for kidney pain/infection due to not being able to get down enough liquids from being nauseous. I'm over 10 wks pregnant now and I've lost over 10 lbs just since I found out about 6 wks ago. They gave me a script for Zofran, seems to be helping the nausea some so far. They think it will help so I can get down more liquids. This is all new to me, I was never sick like this with my other pregnancies! Now I'm going back to read on how all of you are doing!
I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just realized Monday was my five month surgerversary! 97.5 pounds and 65 1/2 inches gone including my 15 pound preop loss. I am down 112.5 pounds from my all time high. I am 5'8" tall and I have almost lost my height!! Wow

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-05-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Just jump right in. I watched for a while but now I'm addicted.

Been there so many times. Right now I'm in an on track phase. Even though I've skipped workouts since last Thursday night. You've come to far to let this slide. It helps me to get on the scale every stinking day, no matter what it says. It makes me confront things.

Two years is when it started to be hardest for me. I'm hitting 20 months now and 3 years in March.
So true, awareness is key to loss/maintenance. I hear people say, don't get on the scale everyday-but unless I do-it's out of sight out of mind. Yes, you are right-I am closer to my goal than I have ever been in adulthood. I also started working for a plastic surgeon and would like to reach goal so I can get a tummy tuck! Man, postop just FLIES by!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I just realized Monday was my five month surgerversary! 97.5 pounds and 65 1/2 inches gone including my 15 pound preop loss. I am down 112.5 pounds from my all time high. I am 5'8" tall and I have almost lost my height!! Wow
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Get to feeling better...
Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Yay! I'm so happy for you!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Pre-surgery I had nightly, awful, battery-acid-like reflux. I haven't had a single heartburn episode since surgery.

Celebration for today: realizing that the back part of my bra no longers rolls up due to back fat. It's the little things that mean so much......
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here are my photos.....

Me at 297, my highest was 301

Today at 188

my photos are always so big here. I have the settings set at photobucket for small too! so sorry about the size.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-05-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Chrissykins you have transformed!! You look simply wonderful. I do have one critique however ~ your smaller jeans are now too big. Go buy some even smaller jeans!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post

Congratulations! Some people sail through the first few weeks, but I had the hit by a truck feeling too. This too shall pass and one day your pants will start to fall off and you'll know that whatever you're going through now was soo worth it. Happy Healing
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Chrissykins you have transformed!! You look simply wonderful. I do have one critique however ~ your smaller jeans are now too big. Go buy some even smaller jeans!
Thanks, I just bought these jeans two weeks ago and they were snug

I do see a trip south of the border in my future. I am going to need a few nips and tucks.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-05-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! Just a fly-by now - I wasn't looking for the December thread - forgot it had started... I will be back for specifics, but wanted to say the gas will pass (did I really just say that!) quickly, and the results will be so worth it!

So cool to hear about people exercising, eating right, and having success. Chrissy your pics are awesome!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote