Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Melodye
Stats: 209/199/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Good morning all. Just checking in. I weighed in at 205 this morning. I so can't wait to be out of the 200's. I've been going thru a lot of stressful things with my DD15. She was hospitalized a couple weeks ago for suicidal thoughts and cutting and buring herself. THey readjusted her medication and put her in more therapy. BUt, so far things aren't getting better. I feel helpless. Please say a prayer for me and my family.

Hugs to you all, and congrats to the losers and motivation to those who are having diffuculties.

"You can achieve it, if you just believe it"
Melodye is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Sure is quiet around here lately.

I'm getting really tired of shakes. Can't wait till my dr appt on Thursday. Should clear me to go on to pureed foods.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #93

Melodye---hugs, I'm sorry for all your stress. Sending prayers to you and your family.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodye View Post
Good morning all. Just checking in. I weighed in at 205 this morning. I so can't wait to be out of the 200's. I've been going thru a lot of stressful things with my DD15. She was hospitalized a couple weeks ago for suicidal thoughts and cutting and buring herself. THey readjusted her medication and put her in more therapy. BUt, so far things aren't getting better. I feel helpless. Please say a prayer for me and my family.

Hugs to you all, and congrats to the losers and motivation to those who are having diffuculties.

Melodye great job on your weight loss & sending prayers your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi. Sure is quiet around here lately.

I'm getting really tired of shakes. Can't wait till my dr appt on Thursday. Should clear me to go on to pureed foods.
Hang in there Chewiegand you're doing great!!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Finally a NSV I have been waiting for!! I made it into those 18w jeans!!
I am so happy since the scale is up & down the stuff is being re arranged!!
People keep telling me at work I look like I have lost more, but I don't pay much attention to people & what they say sometimes . Some people have a more
messed up perception than mine when it comes to size.

Comming from not being able to wear 26-28 to 18w is refreshing & I haven't been there since the early 90's. Vacation is comming up so I'll take some pics later & try to post them.

I'm struggling with depression , drinking too much, my son moving out on the 20th & the judge taking away our access to our grandson. oh & my mother-in-law is
almost 90 & ill. On top of all of this we have to paint the inside of our house to get ready for a home study as we continue our fight for access to our grandson.

As soon as we get back from vacation like Jan 7th or 8th I am on the wagon & back to water aerobics I'm heading to Onderland!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Finally a NSV I have been waiting for!! I made it into those 18w jeans!!
I am so happy since the scale is up & down the stuff is being re arranged!!
People keep telling me at work I look like I have lost more, but I don't pay much attention to people & what they say sometimes . Some people have a more
messed up perception than mine when it comes to size.

Comming from not being able to wear 26-28 to 18w is refreshing & I haven't been there since the early 90's. Vacation is comming up so I'll take some pics later & try to post them.

I'm struggling with depression , drinking too much, my son moving out on the 20th & the judge taking away our access to our grandson. oh & my mother-in-law is
almost 90 & ill. On top of all of this we have to paint the inside of our house to get ready for a home study as we continue our fight for access to our grandson.

As soon as we get back from vacation like Jan 7th or 8th I am on the wagon & back to water aerobics I'm heading to Onderland!
Considering all that you're going through, I think you're doing great. Congrats on the 18s. WOW---I haven't worn that size since ??????
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Savannah; Great work. Congrats!
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Chewiegand & Gymnopede!!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodye View Post

going out.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I need lots of butt kicking please. Since Thanksgiving I have not done well at all. I don't know why but I have been on a huge carb fest. I haven't lost anything but I haven't gained an once. I am the one who has been so focused and kept my nose to the ground. My only saving grace is that I burn so many calories at work I have been able to maintain.

I just don't understand why I have been so lax. I have come so far and am only 38 pounds from goal. I am quite angry with myself.

I am back on the wagon as of today but my head is really playing games.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-16-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I need lots of butt kicking please. Since Thanksgiving I have not done well at all. I don't know why but I have been on a huge carb fest. I haven't lost anything but I haven't gained an once. I am the one who has been so focused and kept my nose to the ground. My only saving grace is that I burn so many calories at work I have been able to maintain.

I just don't understand why I have been so lax. I have come so far and am only 38 pounds from goal. I am quite angry with myself.

KNOCK IT OFF!!!!! Get your ducks in a row, buckle down and focus. 38 pounds. That's it. 38 pounds. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Besides... since you're my role model, you had best act like it.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
KNOCK IT OFF!!!!! Get your ducks in a row, buckle down and focus. 38 pounds. That's it. 38 pounds. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Besides... since you're my role model, you had best act like it.
Just restart and you're good as gold.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #103

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post

It happens. Trust me, it happens. And it happens A LOT. WLS didn't cure you. It helps you. And this is why I always always always talk about forming good habits during the rapid WL phase. So that you have them to fall back on when things get out of control.

You got this. You totally have this. You know the rules. You know what to do. AND you know how to get there.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #104

Happy Monday---an oxymoron???? YES. Plus not only is it Monday but I have a dentist appointment today. BLECK!

That milk in the shake did not agree with me, lucky it was only a small amount. I guess I'll try milk again in a few weeks.

Anyone try those Isopure zero carb drinks? They are 40 grams of protein for the drink, although it is 20 oz. They are pricey though--about $4 each. I thought they might be a good supplement when I start eating meat as I know it's going to be hard to get in all the protein. Heather---can you chime in here, is this a good idea?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Happy Monday---an oxymoron???? YES. Plus not only is it Monday but I have a dentist appointment today. BLECK!

That milk in the shake did not agree with me, lucky it was only a small amount. I guess I'll try milk again in a few weeks.

Anyone try those Isopure zero carb drinks? They are 40 grams of protein for the drink, although it is 20 oz. They are pricey though--about $4 each. I thought they might be a good supplement when I start eating meat as I know it's going to be hard to get in all the protein. Heather---can you chime in here, is this a good idea?
I've tried them and they are good quality protein. I personally think they taste like soap. A lot of people like them.

My thoughts are... do what you need to do to get it in. I found a favorite protein powder and use a scoop and a half to 6 oz water - so it's more bang for the liquid amount. More protein in a little package. But you'll need to experiment to find what works for you. I don't think too much about price. It's a medication in my view... and I wouldn't skip that because it was pricey. Getting protein is highly important. There is so much damage that can be done by malnutrition - and you can be malnourished eating 2000+ calories a day if you aren't getting in enough protein.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #106

Oh, and I rarely drink milk. Only when I'm hypoglycemic and need a quick sugar boost.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I've tried them and they are good quality protein. I personally think they taste like soap. A lot of people like them.

My thoughts are... do what you need to do to get it in. I found a favorite protein powder and use a scoop and a half to 6 oz water - so it's more bang for the liquid amount. More protein in a little package. But you'll need to experiment to find what works for you. I don't think too much about price. It's a medication in my view... and I wouldn't skip that because it was pricey. Getting protein is highly important. There is so much damage that can be done by malnutrition - and you can be malnourished eating 2000+ calories a day if you aren't getting in enough protein.
Thanks. I just thought they were too good to be true. I'll pick up a few flavors. I agree about protein---I'm going to always try and get my to my goal and I know when I start on foods it's going to get harder.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #108

It's harder initially. But you get there. You learn how to get it in and where you get the most bang for your buck. Yogury - bang. Toast - not so bang. Choices. It's a journey.

I like toast too. So it's give and take.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #109

Good morning. Sunny and going to be in the 60s today. Is it December???

NSV: I have a top on that never fit me. I have not stepped on the scale since before my surgery. Hoping (expecting) a pleasant surprise on Thursday.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #110

Got my new Withings WiFi scale today. Heart it. Heart it a lot.

I set up a user profile for each of my family members. We don't tell it who we are when we step on it... it just knows! It recognizes you.

It said I had 20% body fat one time. Now it says 3%. I think that 3% is a *little* off lol. I'll take the 20% for sure. Sounds good to me. That means I'm 80% lean - muscle bone and water.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone. To say I come here daily and read doesn't say too much now, does it. Sorry I haven't been posting. I have a big deadline coming up on Thursday. general stress of my kids and the holidays, and surgery next Thursday. My son gets tubes in his ears on Friday and I only have about a week to get myself situated for the next three weeks or so while I try to recover. I'm also starting to get sick and sooo worried it will prevent my surgery. I am using zicam and lots of vitamin C and fluids. If anyone else has suggestions please pass them along. I will post a lot more this weekend... Everyone hang in there and take care.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #112

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
hi guys, sorry i've been quite but here's a very long (sorry!) vlog of what i have been going through
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Melodye
Stats: 209/199/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hello all. I stepped on the scales this morning and I am down to 202.
3 more pounds and I willl be in "Onederland". I have waited for it seems like forever to be this close to getting below 200. Its been over 25 years since I weighed this low. I go to the nutritionist this morning, so I'm not dreading the weigh in. I have lost around 10 pounds this past month.

I have got to stay in control over Christmas and not make bad choices. Plus, I haven't bee exercising with all that has been going on with my daughter. So, I hope to get back to the YMCA and start my water aerobics ad zumba again.

Everyone have a great Friday.
Melodye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Mary you have been thru it girl! I hope each day gets better for you and you can get the rest of the drains out.

Here's a pic of my little butter bean, this was last Thursday at 12 wks, 1 day. I was shocked that the tech could guess the gender by 95% already! She said it's either a GIRL or a boy we won't be very proud of, LOL! I knew it was a girl all along, plus the fact that I have done nothing but puke, feel pukey, and sleep which did not happen with my 4 boys! We are super excited that our adopted daughter will have a sister!

I am 13 wks today and have lost 10 lbs and gained back nothing yet. I am glad to know that I will be going thru this pregnancy without the extra strain of being obese!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (32.9 KB, 8 views)
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #115

Mary---gentle hugs. I can't watch your video at work but will when I get home.

HT--I like airborne--it seems to work for me. Good luck--hope you're not getting sick.

Melodye--woohoo!! You go girl. You're rocking it.

HH---wow, congrats. So you have 5 kids already???? OMG. That's a lot. One big happy family.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Thanks Chewie, yep this is #6 on the way! The more the merrier!!! If we had a bigger house we would love to adopt again in the future.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

HH - CONGRATS!!!!

Melodye- I've been loving water aerobics... I've only done a few classes, but so far, so good.

I have to start back to work tomorrow. I'm a little concerned with how I'm going to feed myself during the day... I work a 9 hour shift with an hour lunch break. What did everyone do?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SINDERELLA
Stats: 357/261/175
WOE: Atkins/LSG
Start Date: Sept 12, 2007/Restart/Surgery 11/05/12
Hello all! I just found this thread and I have seen a lot of good information. I had my surgery 11/5/12. 31 pounds down so far and looking for more! Glad to see there are many others walking the same road that I am.
SINDERELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
HH - CONGRATS!!!!

Melodye- I've been loving water aerobics... I've only done a few classes, but so far, so good.

I have to start back to work tomorrow. I'm a little concerned with how I'm going to feed myself during the day... I work a 9 hour shift with an hour lunch break. What did everyone do?
I have a mini fridge by my desk now, but when I first went back to work I used the fridge in the break room. I packed a lot of soft foods at first that didn't need much chewing because I didn't know if I would have time to chew. I ate a lot of greek yogurt and cottage cheese, RTD protein drinks .... at first it was easy because I wasn't hungry. Now 6 months later, I am hungrier and I need more substantial solid food to keep going.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINDERELLA View Post
Hello all! I just found this thread and I have seen a lot of good information. I had my surgery 11/5/12. 31 pounds down so far and looking for more! Glad to see there are many others walking the same road that I am.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote