Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Wow, Chrissy, that is fantastic! I just bought some size 14 Levis tonight, but haven't had the courage to try them on. I find that I prefer all of my clothes more snug now (compared to the tent-like fit I preferred before), even though all of my lumps show
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
I made it through the surgery... I feel like I've been hit by a train!

I left the hospital on full liquids, but all I really feel like right now is ice chips. I can't burp to save my life, but I am passing gas some.

How did you all deal with the gas? This is almost unbearable! I've been walking as much as I can.
Lots of walking, my heating pad & gas-x lol!! congrats for making it through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Spent last night in ER for kidney pain/infection due to not being able to get down enough liquids from being nauseous. I'm over 10 wks pregnant now and I've lost over 10 lbs just since I found out about 6 wks ago. They gave me a script for Zofran, seems to be helping the nausea some so far. They think it will help so I can get down more liquids. This is all new to me, I was never sick like this with my other pregnancies! Now I'm going back to read on how all of you are doing!

Healthy & Happy Hope you are feeling better by now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I just realized Monday was my five month surgerversary! 97.5 pounds and 65 1/2 inches gone including my 15 pound preop loss. I am down 112.5 pounds from my all time high. I am 5'8" tall and I have almost lost my height!! Wow
Chrissykins- WTG what a great loss & transformation. your pics are fantastic & you havve done an awesome job! Thanks for sharing your pics & success!!`
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I'm weighing & measuring everything that goes in my mouth. Log on *** daily &
protein first no junk. I increased my fluids & have been much better now just to get back to the exercise. I have 2 more pounds to get to 228 & hopefully I can start losing again. Just in time for Christmas & vacation

So much stress in my life now & I don't have to eat over it. Court batttle
continues & my DS is getting his own place. I'm contemplating joining Curve's
now I have all this free time & no longer have to rush home after work.
EMPTY NEST for sure

Good to hear from you Angelfire

Hope you all have a good evening!!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Awesome pictures Chrissy!

Allison. I don't like mine tight, but I like them form fitting. At least the jeans, not the tops. Too much muffin.

I'm really really really looking into getting a tummy tuck and a lift/aug in january. I've put it off for a while due to things at work and especially yoga. But I really want one and my body is ready. I'm skin and muscle. I should heal well. I thought initially I wanted to drop about 5-10 more pounds but I think I'm good where I am. I'm solid and yes I weigh a little more than I did, but I'm also stacked quite a bit more than I've EVER been and you can fit a whole lotta muscle into a smaller package.

I'm just going to do it. If I don't lose any more I'm good. I'm okay. I'm great. I just don't wanna gain any more, and I think if I can lose what's sagging on the belly I'll be content with my body image. It's the tummy that hangs me up every stinking time.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
As you know, I had my boobs and arms done before the tummy tuck. Those first surgeries helped a lot but the tummy tuck totally transformed how I looked and how I felt about myself. I say if you're ready and you're sure it is for you then GO FOR IT!!!

I'm currently struggling with regaining a few pounds and not losing them very quickly. I have to stop drinking coffee (with plenty of creamer/flavored creamers/etc...), start drinking more water, and start more strenuous/longer exercise sessions. I've been down to 183.1 and I would like to get there again before my 12/27 thigh surgery. This will take some doing.

More tomorrow - I have to get some sleep.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #36

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I'm in recovery,in quite allot of pain from lbl and thigh lift and fat transfers. Pretty miserable, actually.. I don't see how people can claim this is not bad.whatever..... It's very terrible every time. 1000x worse than weight loss surgery.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: awlass
Stats: 385 / 375.8 / 230.2 / 150
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 10/20/11 RNY 05/15/2012
Hope the pain goes soon Mary

Im feeling kinda in the dumps.. Ive been eating better this week, and the stupid scale went up! Ive been bouncing around the 270's for a month now I was 271.7 last tuesday, and not back up to 276.5 this week. Makes me want to cry..
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Ok, the size 14's are a no-go. I conveniently "forgot" that Avenue's size 14 is really a 16 (I'm wearing Avenue 14's right now). Oh well, the 14's are in the closet and waiting for me.

Heather - "form fitting" is the term I should have used. The bag of skin that is forming at my hips is humiliating, it's like my pannus is becoming a flat tire. I won't even mention what has happened to my boobs, thank baby jesus I have some really good bras. I will always have wide hips, but I really like wearing tops that cut in under the breasts and at the waist right now. They are flattering and make me feel good about myself. I'm not used to caring about clothes - this is going to be expensive.

Mary - I hope you are feeling better soon. I always wondered about the pain, I have no doubt it's excruciating
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
As you know, I had my boobs and arms done before the tummy tuck. Those first surgeries helped a lot but the tummy tuck totally transformed how I looked and how I felt about myself. I say if you're ready and you're sure it is for you then GO FOR IT!!!

I'm currently struggling with regaining a few pounds and not losing them very quickly. I have to stop drinking coffee (with plenty of creamer/flavored creamers/etc...), start drinking more water, and start more strenuous/longer exercise sessions. I've been down to 183.1 and I would like to get there again before my 12/27 thigh surgery. This will take some doing. More tomorrow - I have to get some sleep.
Ditto minus the surgery...LOL
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I'm in recovery,in quite allot of pain from lbl and thigh lift and fat transfers. Pretty miserable, actually.. I don't see how people can claim this is not bad.whatever..... It's very terrible every time. 1000x worse than weight loss surgery.
Take care Mary!
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
You look fantastic Chrissy! WTG!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #42

Mary, glad you are through and recovering and hope the pain is tolerable and goes away quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
Ok, the size 14's are a no-go. I conveniently "forgot" that Avenue's size 14 is really a 16 (I'm wearing Avenue 14's right now). Oh well, the 14's are in the closet and waiting for me.

Heather - "form fitting" is the term I should have used. The bag of skin that is forming at my hips is humiliating, it's like my pannus is becoming a flat tire. I won't even mention what has happened to my boobs, thank baby jesus I have some really good bras. I will always have wide hips, but I really like wearing tops that cut in under the breasts and at the waist right now. They are flattering and make me feel good about myself. I'm not used to caring about clothes - this is going to be expensive.
Plus size stores usually carry "W" sizes. And X sizes. So like 14W is really a 16ish in regular sizes. And 1X is bigger than XL and 2X bigger than XXL. It's all so confusing, but you won't have to even worry about that before much longer.

And yes, expensive! Before I literally owned one pair of jeans. And maybe two pairs of capri jeans. T-shirts were pretty much it too. Now I have omg 30-40 pairs of jeans (I really did pare down too - I sold about 35-40 pairs lately ). I have skirts, dresses, workout gear (probably more so than regular clothes!), slacks, dress shirts, regular shirts, sweaters! Shoes! Purses! It's ridiculous. My hubby commented I was taking over the closet and my reply was he wasn't using that space anyway...

And I've gotten spoiled to the more high end brands too. Whereas I used to be content with buying my (one pair) of jeans at Walmart for $18 I now have to have only certain brands and styles (that run a good bit more than WM prices too darnit). My top two favorite brands are Seven and BKE. Most of mine are those two brands.

As your body changes you'll be amazed at how your clothes options will open up! I shop thrift stores a lot and just keep my eyes open for certain brands and styles in my sizes.

FYI 8-12 are the best sizes to find in a thrift store. They are everywhere. 2-4 not as easy to find.

And the boobs.

You can's really see mine in my avi... but that's okay you couldn't in real life anyway. There literally are none!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
I hope some good drugs are coming your way soon to take away the pain.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

My hunger is reduced quite a bit, but with it my sense of thirst also. I'm fine with my food, and for the most part eat the right kinds of foods in the right amount. I still struggle most days to get in even a minimum amount of liquid (48 ounces). I even count the ounces I drink to swallow my pills. Today I will get in over 64 ounces because I stopped at McDonald's on my way to the gym to buy an unsweetened ice tea. Most of the time, I just really don't want to drink very much.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
OMG... the gurgling tummy. Please tell me it gets better.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am doing well the last week or so. I have still not been exercising (I suck) but I have been thinking about it (does that count?). For a major life changer I have decided to go back to school and get yet another Master's degree and change my career completely. So I have started studying for the GRE, a test you have to take to get into most graduate schools. It sucks because I do very poorly on standardized tests but I am a good student (I had a 4.0 GPA for my last graduate degree). I am forcing myself to study at least 30+ hours a week. I have not done math problems in 32 years so I am pulling out what little of my hair I have left!

Chrissy- You look fantastic!! What a great transformation in such a short time. Yep, you gotta get some new jeans! Congrats on your terrific loss so far.

Mary- I hope you start feeling less pain soon. I have heard the LBL and Thigh Lift especially are quite painful and that is where I will need the majority of plastic surgery. Take your drugs and feel better soon, it will be worth it in the long run.

AWLass- Hold tight, as frustrating as it is you know that sometimes stalls happen for no reason you can think of and it is your body adjusting.

Heather- I cannot wait until I can splurge on a nice pair of jeans. Right now none of my jeans really fit my body great because I have big thighs, a big butt and a smaller waist. I just won't spend the $ to take "temporary" jeans to the tailor to get altered.

Gymnopedie and Chewy- I hope that you are starting to ease into recovery. I was lucky and really did not have much gas/pain. Two days after surgery I went to downtown Tijuana and did some gift shopping, it wore me out but I was never in pain. I had a bit of a tougher time introducing foods because I go so sick of sweet foods. I felt "normal" after 3 weeks and after 6 weeks I felt like food was not an issue at all and I could eat pretty much any food without problems. There will be ups and downs and some uncertainty but just know that it will pass and you'll come out the other side happy and thankful that you did it.

Jesse- I have to make sure I have a drink in front of me all the time or I forget to drink for hours. If I see the drink it reminds me to sip. I even sneak a drink discretely into the library so I can drink while I am there for hours.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

I am doing much better today. I managed to drink 8 oz of protein so far today, a sip at a time. the gurgling is tapering off, which is making it easier. I am thinking about a scrambled egg later!

I hope everyone else is recovering and doing well today!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

I'm coming up on my six month anniversary next week. So far I have lost 73 pounds since surgery and 82 from my highest. I've seen some people lose faster and some slower ~ I'm very happy with how it's going because it feels very sustainable right now. I expect I might lose even a bit slower the next 6 months but I can deal with it.

I just got back from working out again. I'm mostly focusing on resistance machines right now with a little time on the elliptical. I like how my legs are a little bit wobbly when I'm done. I feel so great ~ high on endomorphines not Christmas Cookies It occurs to me that this is one of the only times in my life when I have been able to follow a workout plan AND an eating plan simultaneously. Usually I only had enough willpower to do one. Thanks again sleeve, this time for freeing up enough willpower so I could get my workout routine going.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Guys, eating properly is so important.. I didnt really realize it until now. I had been eating what ever I wanted when ever, and drinking way too much espresso just to keep me going.. 2 days of proper food in my belly and I feel amazing! I have so much more energy than the coffee ever gave me, and I just feel great.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Awlass; that's awesome that you got back on track. I suppose that WLS is like any other tool - if you don't control it, it can control you.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

Mary speedy recovery thoughts comming your way!

Gymnopedie speedy recovery thoughts for you also!

Great jobs on your loss Jesse!!

Hot Tamale- How long was the surgery for your arms? I would love to have my arms fixed some day ,but worry about the length of anesthesia time any input is appreciated!! Thanks. I can live with the tummy & the thighs at my age, but I do prefer short sleeves & my arms are pretty gross now. exercise/ weights my help some, but who knows.

Does anyone know of any long sleeve or 3/4 length skin compression tops to help with the arms?? all I see is tanks I need to check this out.

I have been doing protein & making more effort to get my fluids started much earlier in the day. This helps with staying on track because when I'm fully hydrated I don't seem to want to eat as much.

Awlass-- Glad you are feeling better!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Savannah - I had my arms and boob lift at the same time. I was under for about 4 hours... I bet arms could be done in between 2 and 3 hours... Of course, only your doctor would know for sure. I will say that, although I am very happy I had it done, I have keloid tissue (it keeps healing for a while - the scarring is excessive...) which has resulted in some thick scarring we didn't expect. You don't see it from the front, but there are times it is visable and it isn't pretty. Even with the scars I would do it again in a second. It also took me a while before I had full range of movement (its super tight) and it was sore and painful for a while. It felt like I had a very tight long-sleeved shirt on for at least 3 months... That said, it still looks like I work hard for good arms, even though I only lift weights a little bit once in a while. Shoot me an IM if you'd like more info!

More later, time to make dinner now! On the menu? Some yummy baked salmon.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 12-08-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

HT Im coming over for dinner.. Salmon sounds way better than the tilapia I have in the oven
Old 12-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #54

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
my surgeon removed over 20lb of excess tissue. explains allot!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Seriously That would explain a lot. So sorry to hear how rough this is.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Does anyone know of any long sleeve or 3/4 length skin compression tops to help with the arms?? all I see is tanks I need to check this out.
I don't use shapewear but I hear Slim Expressions (I think that's the name) makes some good ones for arms.

Quote:
Wow girlie! Instant weight loss!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow! That's amazing!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #58

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:

lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Mary, that is a lot to go through, please take good care of yourself! Do you have help?
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Savannah - I had my arms and boob lift at the same time. I was under for about 4 hours... I bet arms could be done in between 2 and 3 hours... Of course, only your doctor would know for sure. I will say that, although I am very happy I had it done, I have keloid tissue (it keeps healing for a while - the scarring is excessive...) which has resulted in some thick scarring we didn't expect. You don't see it from the front, but there are times it is visable and it isn't pretty. Even with the scars I would do it again in a second. It also took me a while before I had full range of movement (its super tight) and it was sore and painful for a while. It felt like I had a very tight long-sleeved shirt on for at least 3 months... That said, it still looks like I work hard for good arms, even though I only lift weights a little bit once in a while. Shoot me an IM if you'd like more info!

More later, time to make dinner now! On the menu? Some yummy baked salmon.
Thank you so very much Hot Tamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post
HT Im coming over for dinner.. Salmon sounds way better than the tilapia I have in the oven
YUMMY I agree!!

Quote:

WOW That makes it worth the pain right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I don't use shapewear but I hear Slim Expressions (I think that's the name) makes some good ones for arms.

Wow girlie! Instant weight loss!

Thank you Heather for that info going to check them out!