Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/)
-   -   WLS Before/After and Progress Pictures... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/751555-wls-before-after-progress-pictures.html)

Maryposa 12-29-2011 02:40 PM

WLS Before/After and Progress Pictures...
 
2 Attachment(s)
I am starting this thread so that as we post our progress pictures they don't get lost/buried in the monthly thread. I'll start! My passport photo in March 2010 (I got it for land travel to Mexico for my surgery!) and my Passport photo today.

Scary thing is, I had already lost 70 or 80 pounds from my highest weight by that time!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Monkee 12-29-2011 02:58 PM

LOL. Yours is like mine, Mary. I need a new passport picture for sure.
I remember going back for a follow-up with Aceves and being detained and asked a million questions by immigration. I had to share the whole weight loss surgery story before they let me through. I don't think he was too convinced but he let me through anyway.

clmoore 12-30-2011 04:47 AM

Trying to load photo
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'll see if this first time I am trying to load a photo works here.

Before 261 pounds
After RNY lost 120 pounds -- Go up and down five pound range to maintain. It's a hard thing to maintain!!

whitelighter1968 12-30-2011 08:10 AM

Passport Photo - Differences
 
Since Passport photo was mentioned, here's a comparison from my passport photo and my work ID that I'm still wearing at work. People comment on it all the time.

T-man

[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/passport.jpg[/IMG]

Maryposa 12-30-2011 09:03 AM

Awsome, T-Man and clmoore. clmoore, your upload worked... now that you know how, I hope you'll continue to share. I still have never shared any of my before/after reconstructive surgery pics... but I am sure people would wanna see those (NOT the gory ones, the healed up ones lol).

Monkee that is funny. They did not stop us, I was with the driver, Ernesto.

clmoore 12-30-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 15282907)
clmoore, your upload worked... now that you know how, I hope you'll continue to share. I still have never shared any of my before/after reconstructive surgery pics... but I am sure people would wanna see those (NOT the gory ones, the healed up ones lol).

I do have all my before and after photos from the plastic surgeon's office from all my procedures. If I can figure out how to BLACK out my private parts, I'll try to post them. They are very dramatic to me. The BEFORE's just make me sad!

Maryposa 12-30-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmoore (Post 15282922)
I do have all my before and after photos from the plastic surgeon's office from all my procedures. If I can figure out how to BLACK out my private parts, I'll try to post them. They are very dramatic to me. The BEFORE's just make me sad!

I know what you mean.. when I saw MY befores, expecially of my BACK (I had a bra-line upper body lift) I was like "whoooaaaaaa how quickly we forget!"

Even the simplest photo program can be used to black out rectangular areas.

In paint, you can draw a rectangle from shapes, then fill it in with the paint bucket.

whitelighter1968 12-30-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 15282907)
Awsome, T-Man and clmoore. clmoore, your upload worked... now that you know how, I hope you'll continue to share. I still have never shared any of my before/after reconstructive surgery pics... but I am sure people would wanna see those (NOT the gory ones, the healed up ones lol).

Monkee that is funny. They did not stop us, I was with the driver, Ernesto.

Reconstructive photos? I would love to see some bat wing reconstruction.... I don't know the proper term... sorry... but that is something that I will actually consider when I get to goal - but am concerned with how it will turn out. I've only seen them with huge scars.

clmoore 12-30-2011 10:41 AM

I'll try to do the black triangles this weekend and post.

Yes, how quickly we forget. I need to look at those BEFORE photos every time I get weak and want to eat something I shouldn't OR just to remind me how far I have come and I want to stay HERE!

Maryposa 12-30-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitelighter1968 (Post 15283131)
Reconstructive photos? I would love to see some bat wing reconstruction.... I don't know the proper term... sorry... but that is something that I will actually consider when I get to goal - but am concerned with how it will turn out. I've only seen them with huge scars.

It's called Brachioplasty :)

I had it done. My surgeon does a perfectly straight line which is in my opinion very well hidden. I have yet to do an after of them though.

Hot Tamale 12-30-2011 12:42 PM

And I just had it done on 12/20... I still have the meaty, starting-to-heal incisions... I will have to take some pics - just still not feeling up to that right now. I will also look into cropping up some pics for everyone and taking some new ones now that I'm significantly changed - on top anyway.

Maryposa 12-30-2011 05:15 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Did I really write eXpecially? LOL I haven't done that since second grade, my mom would not have it! LOL I am going to blame it on the cold!

OK we need more pics! Here's a bunch of me at or close to my heaviest weight of 355lb! Size 28/30 on top 32/34 on bottom!

2006-mid 2007

Maryposa 12-30-2011 05:23 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here's the comparison, late October through the end of November this year. I will load the ones from Christmas my sis in law took as soon as she emails them.

Good bye cleavage :( You were floppy but I could stuff you into a bra and look busty lol ... no more :( Now I am just average lol

Size Medium or Large tops, size Large or 12 bottoms. Around 169-175lb

Maryposa 12-30-2011 05:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and here is my goal! HAHA!

clmoore 12-30-2011 05:25 PM

Maryposa:

You were like me. Even if you were overweight, you still wore pretty clothes, did your hair, and pretty make-up. So many ladies in my support groups who have not had surgery yet, look like they have just given up on themselves and don't even try.

No matter how fat I got, I was still trying to look the best I could and work with what was ME at the moment.

You were beautiful THEN and NOW!

Maryposa 12-30-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmoore (Post 15284225)
Maryposa:

You were like me. Even if you were overweight, you still wore pretty clothes, did your hair, and pretty make-up. So many ladies in my support groups who have not had surgery yet, look like they have just given up on themselves and don't even try.

No matter how fat I got, I was still trying to look the best I could and work with what was ME at the moment.

You were beautiful THEN and NOW!

Oh I sure did always try! Men with a BBW fetish sure loooooved me, because not many women as big as I was ever put much effort into their appearance.

Believe it or not, in the dress pic with the little flower pin on it, I had lost my first 15lb and was wearing a girdle and a heavy duty spanx-like thing that went from above the knee to the waist. You can't even tell! Ug. But then, because of my reverse tummy tuck and a good bra in the pics from November, someone asked me if I was wearing a corset! HAHA Oh the irony.

clmoore 12-30-2011 06:21 PM

"Oh, the irony" is funny and right!

emily1965 12-31-2011 12:31 AM

By popular request...

Progress pics from 320 to 189 (so far)....


At the wedding (black dress), I was 308 and Spanks-ed beyond words. The other picture is last Christmas and about 312 pounds. I was 320 when I started my journey this last April (LC all through April and surgery on May 10th)....

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309766.jpg http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309767.jpg http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309769.jpg

Last week at Christmas..

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309803.jpg http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309804.jpghttp://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL217.../400309805.jpg

Maryposa 12-31-2011 12:43 AM

Emily/Lisa,

Great progress! Yay!
I love your hair color curl/style and length in your wedding (?) pics!
In your current pics you can really see your waist shrunk down allot!

emily1965 12-31-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 15284742)
Emily/Lisa,

Great progress! Yay!
I love your hair color curl/style and length in your wedding (?) pics!
In your current pics you can really see your waist shrunk down allot!

It's still the same color. I wanted a 20's 30's era movie star style and the guy who did my hair did 3 practice runs (thank God I work in a salon), then I had to sleep in stand up curls clipped to my head, plus a hair net)....then didn't do the comb out until about 30 minutes before the wedding.

Yeah, I tend toward the small waist. If I didn't have all the extra skin spanxed in there, the waist would look even smaller. I can't wait for reconstructive surgery. That is a very formed bra I'm wearing. I have boob skin just sitting in the bottom half of the cups. :cry:

I wish I had taken measurements.

Maryposa 12-31-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emily1965 (Post 15284747)
It's still the same color. I wanted a 20's 30's era movie star style and the guy who did my hair did 3 practice runs (thank God I work in a salon), then had to sleep in stand up curls clipped to my head with a hair net)....then didn't do the comb out until about 30 minutes before the wedding.

Yeah, I tend toward the small waist. If I didn't have all the extra skin spanxed in there, the waist would look even smaller. I can't wait for reconstructive surgery.

I wish I had taken measurements.

It's funny because your proportions actually changed... before your waist/upper stomach was larger than your bust. Now you can see it goes in from the bust and lower stomach area. Most people stay similar proportions but just smaller and smaller in size.

emily1965 12-31-2011 01:29 AM

I just measured the waist band of old jeans and current jeans and it looks like I've lost 18-20 inches off the smallest part of my waist. The Spanx pushes some of my lower belly up and thickens my waist, so it's actually smaller than it looks. That's better than my lower belly looking like it really is, though. :sick:

I swear, with all the extra skin, it's like a game of smoke and mirrors just to look halfway normal. :sad:

clmoore 12-31-2011 07:02 AM

Emily/Lisa!

Look at YOU! So pretty and what a difference. You were so pretty before and now! Just beautiful! I'm sure you feel great!

Congratulations!

Maryposa 12-31-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emily1965 (Post 15284754)
I just measured the waist band of old jeans and current jeans and it looks like I've lost 18-20 inches off the smallest part of my waist. The Spanx pushes some of my lower belly up and thickens my waist, so it's actually smaller than it looks. That's better than my lower belly looking like it really is, though. :sick:

I swear, with all the extra skin, it's like a game of smoke and mirrors just to look halfway normal. :sad:

Have you tried the ones that come up all the way to just under the bust? You might like that better.

Spanx.com - VIEW ALL BODY SHAPERS - Body Shapers - Skinny Britches® High-Waisted Short

emily1965 12-31-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 15285465)
Have you tried the ones that come up all the way to just under the bust? You might like that better.

Spanx.com - VIEW ALL BODY SHAPERS - Body Shapers - Skinny Britches® High-Waisted Short

That was what I was wearing. It still thickens the waist in the act of lifting the hanging stomach. They don't stay up very well in the back. At the wedding, I was wearing an off brand that had straps that came up over the shoulders, so it didn't roll down, but you could still wear your own bra. I wish I could find one of those in my new smaller size.

Hot Tamale 12-31-2011 12:03 PM

Lisa- I know what a pain it is to have these issues, but trust me when I tell you that YOU LOOK GREAT! You must feel so much better!!! In no time you'll be taking care of the skin issues and then the sky's the limit! Congrats!!

Monkee 12-31-2011 02:48 PM

Amazing transformations, everyone! Awesome job!! :friends:

Stevie Renee 12-31-2011 05:30 PM

I just love LCF! Thank you to all of you who shared your photos!

Love all the curvy women! Gorgeous!

pescacat 01-01-2012 06:56 AM

Hi-
WOW! Everyone looks so fabulous-I'm so inspired! Lisa-love that you took a similar shot on the sofa for comparison! You have done SO AWESOME-congrats!

CLMoore and Mary-you both have done such an amazing job! WOOHOO!

I know Hot Tamale is doing great and is transforming into the beautiful butterfly she has dreamed of and worked so hard to become!

--Laura

HAB 01-01-2012 10:45 AM

Great pics everyone! Thanks so much for sharing.:hugs:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 AM.