LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
Healing vibes to all!!
WTG on your surgeries, new, old, and in progress.
Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #242

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
my surgeon called and before i even said anything about my concerns he reminded me that was a big big surgery i underwent, he removed alot of skin for one round that made me feel better.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OK girls I hope this make you feel better, it is a long road on the arms, and thee are days you are going to think was it worth it? But then you look at the outsides and the discomfort is all worth it!!!

Here is week 1

8 weeks

12 weeks

As you can see it is a long road but it is starting to look better, I dont fuss with them anymore, I am wearing cap sleeves and sleeveless shirts and it is OK, I go by what the guys at work say they were so grossed out now they say it is not so bad!!! I have another 3 months til the wedding, so I am hoping they are looking good til then, I still have swelling down near the elbow that is the hardest area to heal, but it is getting better, that is where I had the most discomfort reaching and stuff. You can see how much swelling there was too and the lax quality, I started working out my arms after 8 weeks so for a month now and it is making a huge difference, the puckers of stitches is what drives me nuts!!!!

Amber

Last edited by Bejewelme; 06-26-2011 at 06:36 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
my surgeon called and before i even said anything about my concerns he reminded me that was a big big surgery i underwent, he removed alot of skin for one round that made me feel better.
SO TRUE!! We put our bodies through a major trauma with these surgeries. We forget about that because we want to be better RIGHT NOW! It is almost like we feel fragile. Keep getting lots of protein and your vitamins in every day and move as much as you can to keep the blood cirulating and I promise all of a sudden it's not so bad!

Also, I may be different than most, but I HATE to take pain meds. They make me depressed and I think they get all in our tissues and just slow us down. I know if we are in real pain, we need them. But, if I am just uncomfortable and sore, I stop taking them and try to get them out of my system as soon as possible!

BEJEWELME!! Oh, my gosh!! Your arms look awesome. The scar has flattened and is just disappearing! You look beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #245

I totally agree about pain meds, I didnt take any vicodin, I am a bad pill taker anyway and I hate the way the stuff makes me feel, so I drank lots of water, protein shakes and I took a bunch of vitamins for healing, and I think that has helped, the exercise helps getting the blood moving, once I could work out that is what made some of the puckering smooth out, the blood flow is a good thing!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Bejewelme - thanks for sharing the during/after pics. Your arms look great. Do you happen to have a before pic of your arms? You can PM if you feel more comfortable.

I will have to have my arms done for sure. At first I thought I would not need as much surgery but the lower in weight I get the worse it seems. The skin just collapsed or something! Kaboom! LOL.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thinr4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OK girls I hope this make you feel better, it is a long road on the arms, and thee are days you are going to think was it worth it? But then you look at the outsides and the discomfort is all worth it!!!
What a difference! You look fabulous!
thinr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #248

I don't care posting these here, it is very scary and I always think the more pics the better, so here they are, OMG when I look at these I want to puke! I am telling you, it wasnt that painful and so worth the money, I am loving wear sleeveless shirts and dresses everyday, except now I get so cold since i lost so much fat, LOL So I sit here shivering! Goosebumps up my incisions are the worst it is a very weird feeling!!!

I guess I have lost about 18 pounds or so since the surgery, but I think the gym is doing the most, I look at these and think I look much heavier!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 06-28-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Its nice to see the before and after. You look awesome! And I have to say...The girls are nice as well! Mine vanished.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #250

I went from a 46DDD- 36 C, so they are gone, LOL Just lately it seems they really shrunk, they are tennis balls in tubes socks, that is my best bra that pushes them up!!! LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL @ the tube sock comment. Too funny!

At least you can find comfort in knowing that your money was well spent on your push up bra! Works awesome!

Note to self...Buy push up bras! Ha Ha.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LCinHouston
Start Date: 12/12/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkee View Post
Note to self...Buy push up bras! Ha Ha.
I'm in a 48-D right now, and LOVE, LOVE the new Serenada line at Catherines...underwire, smooth cup, and even have HOT PINK. woo hoo.

even going through very dark times (emotionally, physically & spiritually) the past few months, I've been really pleased with how the girls are riding high. LOL
LCinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't think Catherine's will have anything for my tiny boobies.
I could fit my whole head in one of their bras. Hee hee.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
LOL Monkee! I actually am tucking my girls into my bras at this point. I used to be a full DD or maybe even DDD. Now I'm maybe a D... I'm going to ask my father to give me some early inheritance to get the girls worked on...technically he'll be sponsoring a boob... rofl!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #255

Hot tamale,I know that is what I do the tuck them in heave them up and tuck them in, LOL VS push up miraculous is the best. One day I have boobs and the next I dont, this is how bad it is I can wear a regular workout tank to run and not need a bra, I would have had black eyes, LOL I do like them smaller, my financee wants me to get DD again, no way, I just want a perky upright C especially with working out now and golf man no more compensating for my big bosom in the way!!! I love that your Dad is sponsoring a boob lift, how much does he have? He could sponsor a whole army, LOL, and feel good that he made all those sagging boobies point North again, LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL! I didn't ask him yet...but I think if he can, he will. My mom died about 6 years ago but I know if she was here she'd give me the money... Time will tell. I'll let you know if he has more than I think - maybe we can all get a volume discount!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #257

Geez hun I am sorry about your Mom, it is good they are supportive of you!!!! Your Mom would be so proud of you!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #258
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
CJ have you had any luck? {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thinr4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkee View Post
Mine vanished.
Trust me when I say they ran away with mine!

I am down to a 36B and wearing push up bras
thinr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Bejewelme - She had offered to pay for me to get a lapband about 2 years before she died. I didn't do it for a variety of reasons. Mind you, my parents do not have a lot of money...it was just that important to her that I get healthy and, at the time, that looked like a potential solution. They would have had to dig really deep to give me that money...hope my dad might still have some somewhere to help with all the plastics I'm inevitably going to need... And, thanks, I know my mom would have been/is really proud of me. I've lost and gained tons of weight throughout my life, but this is the biggest loss for me ever... Onward and downward!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LCinHouston
Start Date: 12/12/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
And, thanks, I know my mom would have been/is really proud of me. I've lost and gained tons of weight throughout my life, but this is the biggest loss for me ever... Onward and downward!!
so are we!
LCinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #263

That is super, I know sometimes I think about all that I lost and I cant believe it!!!! You should be so proud,and I am all for you fixing yourself after all that hard work getting it off, you deserve it!!!!

Maryposa- how are you doing? Are your arms feeling better? I worried that you have not posted, and CLMoore? How are you feeling? I am such a worrier, LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #264

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
awww... ty, i posted on the wls board yesterday that i hit that "what did i do to myself?" point in my recovery. coming to terms with a longer recovery timeline than i was prepared for. i realize i had alot of work done, i keep focusing on my arms because that's the part that my nerves tells me about every moment of every day, and that i am reminded of when ever i attempt to do just about anything (i think i used to take my arms for granted, i keep thinking now lower body work will be easier in alot of ways at least i'll be able to feed myself, brush my teeth and hair,etc.... but in addition to the arms, internally my body is also working to normalize and repair where lipo was done, fat redistribution, bra line life/reverse tummy tuck.... it's alot and i have to respect my body and be patient as it heals

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey

Last edited by Maryposa; 06-29-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Went to doctor today for 3 week/2 day check up. He thinks I'm doing great! Says boobs are going to look beautiful and they are perfect size for my body. I think I'll end up being a full C cup. I was less than an A cup before this surgery.

I have one tiny about a 1/4 inch round pink spot in incision line between girly parts and right thigh that is still a little raw. It is from where our thighs move with everything we do.

I'm still liking wearing the compression garment for boobs and upper arms, but he says I can stop wearing it whenever I want, but I can also wear it as long as I wish if it feels good. I can go shop for a new bra even though my boobs will probably go down a little more. I'll probably go to Marshalls/TJ Maxx or somewhere and get a couple of them now while size is still changing. He also said I can wear sports bras.

The nurses were amazed at how well I have done with having SO MANY procedures and a nine-hour surgery all at one time. I told them I had barely noticed the arms and boobs surgery because the thighs got all my attention.

I am THRILLED that I think I am finally finished with my remodel of my body. Just to remind you all, I had the following procedures in three major surgeries in the last year.

JULY 2010 -- Butt Lift/Tummy tuck
DECEMBER 2010 -- Lower face lift/neck-jowls and brow lift
JUNE 2011 -- Arm lift/breast lift with silicone implants and thigh lift

On my way to healing up and staying healthy for rest of my life!!

On August 5, 2008 I weighed 261 pounds at time of RNY gastric bypass. I weigh 140 now at 5'7".

I can't believe it!! YAY!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #266

CLMoore- OMG that is so super, you are so lucky to be done and looking and feeling fabulous!!!!!!! WOW that was a lot to go through!!!1

maryposa- I know you hit that WTH did I do? But honestly it will get better, it takes time, you had a lot of proceudres done it takes a toll on you, one day at a time, dont rush your healing, if you cant do stuff ask for help, let people help you!!!!!!! In 2 months you are going to be saying, look at me!!!!! And it will all be a distant memory!!! Keep eating lots of quality protein!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
maryposa- I know you hit that WTH did I do? But honestly it will get better, it takes time, you had a lot of proceudres done it takes a toll on you, one day at a time, dont rush your healing, if you cant do stuff ask for help, let people help you!!!!!!! In 2 months you are going to be saying, look at me!!!!! And it will all be a distant memory!!! Keep eating lots of quality protein!!!!
BIG DITTO TO THIS, MARYPOSA!! Listen to Bejewelme!! Eat that protein and take those vitamins and move as much as you can, girl!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #268

CLMoore- I am dying to see pics, your before and after!!! You have got to feel so great, like this stomach I always say to Tony what if I start hacking myself go to the ER, then they put me in the psych ward to recover?? Free tummy tuck, LOL He doesn't think that will work, he suggested I get to goal and then have surgery, but now I am just impatient, LOL I feel like I came so far, I just want to be there and be done, surgeries and all!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CLMoore- I am dying to see pics, your before and after!!! You have got to feel so great, like this stomach I always say to Tony what if I start hacking myself go to the ER, then they put me in the psych ward to recover?? Free tummy tuck, LOL He doesn't think that will work, he suggested I get to goal and then have surgery, but now I am just impatient, LOL I feel like I came so far, I just want to be there and be done, surgeries and all!!!!
I have before photos, but need some after and I'll try to post on a link you can visit. Give me a few days.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
No Luna, no surgery approval yet.....
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote