LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #1291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onedimsim
Stats: 261/144/139 - 5'7"
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: 01/24/2013
sorry re-post.....

Last edited by onedimsim; 02-21-2014 at 07:10 AM..
onedimsim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #1292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/200/179 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-246#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
OMG JULIE!!
that is awesome, I was worried you would be in a lot of pain! Enjoy looking at your new body!!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I want to show some pictures but i'm on my ipad so Im limited to the amount of editing I can do to these. As they ARE surgery some may not be considered as decent, I mean I have a picture with post op breasts showing, however I just wanted to show my experience in this area because breast reconstruction after weight loss can be different than just implants.

Anyways, here I am on the day after my VSG:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=a6043cde92

And pre surgery (plastics)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=a513e845c5

In my compression garments:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=04dff6ac96

The skin after being removed from my body (warning, uh, it's skin, chopped off skin?)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=c97b2044b8

And me without garments waiting for shower (warning, post op breasts)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=603009a6dc

Hope this helps anyone else thinking about these surgeries.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #1294
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I was not able to view any of them. Dang! What is your name over there on fb.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about that! I'll have to repost the pictures, I'm on an ipad so my usual right click -show picture to find out the actual URL isn't working well. I'll repost the pics when I can figure that part out, minus the breast one, I'll send that one to Mariposa to see if she can somehow make it LCF safe for you guys, sorry about that, I don't have Photoshop with me or I'd have fixed it up
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #1296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here goes attempt number 2 at pictures!
Anyways, here I am on the day after my VSG:, 303 pounds. I got my sleeve done in Tijuana by Dr Ponce de Leon in November 2012
Markdown Link (reddit comments)
http://i.imgur.com/WdOT6ZK.jpg

And pre surgery (plastics)
http://i.imgur.com/pw0pSDO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dpmFTzN.jpg

In my compression garments:
http://i.imgur.com/8T3sxCF.jpg

The skin after being removed from my body (warning, uh, it's skin, chopped off skin?) We think the numbers written on them are grams so about 8.5 pounds. Thighs are the big pieces, the top 4 pieces on top would be butt, then you have panni/stomach and finally the small pieces are arms.

http://i.imgur.com/MmMHNJQ.jpg

And me without garments waiting for shower (warning, post op breasts) Large thigh lift, lower body lift with ab tightening, arm lift, and some lipo on arms, breast implants (345cc/365cc Allergan textured Natrelle high profile) . 7 drains.
(Will wait for Mariposa to edit this to be safe for LCF)

Hope this helps anyone else thinking about these surgeries.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #1297
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Julie; thank you SO much for sharing these....

You look awesome; and even in your before / pre skin removal pics too!

Seems that your surgeon did a GREAT job and the fact that you are not in major pain is amazing.

Continued healing and enjoyment of the New You...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #1298
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I am so happy for you! I think you are doing amazingly well! In that one pic you have a handful of...is that side hip! LOL I have that, too, - STILL! You had different surgeries from me... I wish I woke up from surgery with your chest, too! I think you already look great and are going to heal up even hotter! Congrats!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #1299
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Congratulations! Keep up the wonderful healing!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #1300
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics. I could open them this time. When I had the Panniculectomy, they took off 6 lbs of skin. I haven't had any other parts done on my body but hooe to get the arms and breast done. They will only do two parts at a time. How much did this all cost in Mexico?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My cost was 17300$, that quote included the thighs, lower body lift, breast lift and implants, arm lift, stay at the clinic, 12 nights at the hotel, and 600$ reimbursement in airfare. Oh and 2 sets of compression garments, I think those are like 200$ each. All meds while we're here of course, and daily nurse and doctors visits in the hotel once we're discharged from the hospital. I think doing it all at once lets them keep the costs down because they only have to do the anesthesia once etc. People who do face work do that at a different time, so normally it would be body work, then 3 days later face work, but I had no face work done. They've been seriously wonderful, I wouldn't have asked for a better service. The only downside I could see is that he doesn't do the L shaped brachio that might have helped get rid of some side boob, but it's not that much of an issue on me and certainly wasn't enough of an issue to make me choose a different (more expensive) surgeon. Quotes will very based on how much work needs to be done though, for instance my lower body lift didn't need an anchor cut, an anchor cut would have been more expensive. Another girl who was here at the same time had enough breast tissue that she only needed a lift and no implants so her quote was changed accordingly.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #1302
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW!!!!!

AM I reading that right? $17,300 all inclusive

OMG, That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, we paid more than that for a vehicle some years ago and now all we have is a piece of metal, basically,...while for the same amount, you have a whole new body for life!! Woo-hoo...
Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #1303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, price definitely wasn't the ONLY reason I chose to go to Dr Sauceda in Mexico, I do think he's one of the best of the best in reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss... but it sure did help that he's so affordable as well!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:43 AM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

How did you do the pre surgery consults since you lived so far away?
Old 02-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #1305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sent him naked pictures for his opinion and quote, and then I had my PCP prescribe the necessary pre-op blood tests that needed to be sent to him 4-6 weeks prior to my surgery. Oh and I had to film out a health questionaire. Other than that I didn't actually meet the surgeon until the night before my surgery when he did my mark up. This is pretty normal for medical tourism, I didn't meet my VSG surgery until the day of either, it was all done by internet and filled out health forms. Dr Sauceda DOES do consults in the US once a year though, this june he's doing consults in Las Vegas.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #1306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/200/179 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-246#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
How ya feeling, Julie? You have SO much courage to do this, just like anyone who considers this!! Have you had any unbearable pain?
Awesome price for a surgeon who knows what he is doing!!
You look great in your compression garment already! Bet you are anxious to see the final result!!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #1307
Blabbermouth!!!

When do you get home from Mexico?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I come home tomorrow! I was never in any unbearable pain at any moment of my surgery, my first 24 hours of my VSG were more painful than any single day after this surgery. I didn't even use any pain pills today and felt fine. I reset, I eat a lot of protein, I wear my conpression garments and change the bandages, and I was keeping up with my pain med regimen, Tomorrow i'll probably take something for the long plane ride but at home I doubt i'll need anything more powerful than advil.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #1309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scrapgal123
Stats: 220/130/130
For those that were able to get their insurance to cover, any suggestions on making sure it gets covered? Supposedly my plan will cover removal of excess skin in the abdomen area with 80lbs of confirmed weight loss. I have lost more than that amount but when I called my insurance company, the state that plastic surgery is not covered. The person I spoke to seemed to indicate that I needed to have another issue caused by the excess skin. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks in advance.
scrapgal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #1310
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
From what I understand, if you have documented medical problems caused by the excess skin, it's much more likely to be covered. A lot of people have skin infections, rashes, yeast infections, for example, where the skin folds mean there's excess moisture.

I plan to start having my GP document any time I have the beginnings of a yeast infection for that very reason. I treat them with a mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil before they get bad, but because I want to have the best chance of getting a tummy tuck covered in the future, waiting a couple of days and having it noted in my file will be worth it.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:13 AM   #1311
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=Ntombi;16824330]From what I understand, if you have documented medical problems caused by the excess skin, it's much more likely to be covered. A lot of people have skin infections, rashes, yeast infections, for example, where the skin folds mean there's excess moisture.

I plan to start having my GP document any time I have the beginnings of a yeast infection for that very reason. I treat them with a mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil before they get bad, but because I want to have the best chance of getting a tummy tuck covered in the future, waiting a couple of days and having it noted in my file will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

THIS!!....

And everything else said...

As an RN who now works in a large Bariatric hospital, you = spot on with advice given

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #1312
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emem89
Hi Everyone, I am looking at getting a tummy tuck in October and was wondering how bad the recovery was for those who have had one. How long did you need help and how much help did you need – I had an arm lift awhile ago and needed a lot more help than I had anticipated.

Also for those who have had a tummy tuck did the surgeon do a vertical incision on you as well the horizontal cut? I have seen two surgeons who said I would need it and two who said I would not - not really sure who to believe here. If I don’t need the vertical Incision I would prefer not to have it but I don’t want the results to be not as good if I don’t get one.

Thanks for any insight!
emem89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onedimsim
Stats: 261/144/139 - 5'7"
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emem89 View Post
Hi Everyone, I am looking at getting a tummy tuck in October and was wondering how bad the recovery was for those who have had one. How long did you need help and how much help did you need – I had an arm lift awhile ago and needed a lot more help than I had anticipated.

Also for those who have had a tummy tuck did the surgeon do a vertical incision on you as well the horizontal cut? I have seen two surgeons who said I would need it and two who said I would not - not really sure who to believe here. If I don’t need the vertical Incision I would prefer not to have it but I don’t want the results to be not as good if I don’t get one.

Thanks for any insight!
I had an LBL, which the tummy tuck is part of...

Recovery from the TT is a bit hard as your whole abdomen is almost unusable - again i had the LBL and i needed help for at least two weeks. I also rented a medical lift recliner to sleep (and basically) live in for those three weeks. Also a toilet seat riser and maybe some grabbers to grab from floor.

On the Vertical incision, i had lost ~200 lbs and the surgeon still didnt do one - i think for most folks, he does not think marring adomen with this incision is worth it. Other surgeons are quicker to do the mid-line incision. I have seen where he has done it on ppl who were maybe more "apple" shaped and had severe laxity (although with a 200lb weight loss not sure laxity can get more severe?). I am happy with my contours, however if i "bend over" while standing you can also see skin falling forward - i guess it does not bother me enough to do the vertical incision. you can always go without it and add it in later, but IMHO I am with my surgeon - a proper TT with good abdo contouring on most folks is sufficent without doing a vertical. There is a site called RealSelf you can go to and post your pics and ask opinions of the doctors there to get more professional opinions.

Best of luck!
**P3/P4 - 234 -> 224
RxHCG Round 2 - 4/14/2013, 53 days, 224-> 196, 28 lbs
**P3/P4 - 196 -> 193
RxHCG Round 3 - 7/27/2013, 90+ days , 193 -> 165, 28 lbs
Post Body Contouring R1: 168 -> 154!!!
RxHCG Round 4 - 3/13/14 - WIP - ~42 days planned
onedimsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #1314
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by emem89 View Post

Thanks for any insight!

Hi! I'm sorry - I meant to answer you and then promptly forgot I didn't do it! I had a tummy tuck/panniculectomy (Um, maybe spelled wrong...) about 2 years ago. Recovery wasn't terribly long, but it does take time. I needed help for at least two weeks, and wasn't fully recovered for well over a month - probably closer to two months until I was back to almost normal activities. I did have the vertical as well as the horizontal cuts. I had already had 3 open abdominal surgeries, so the surgery actually made my previous scarring much better. I had lost around 200 pounds at the time of surgery, and my stomach was my worst part by far, so I had a lot of skin to deal with. My surgeon removed 17 pounds of skin/fat that day. It totally changed my life! I absolutely needed it, but you may not. I will say, after two years, my upper stomach (above my belly button - which she remade...) is a bit puffy - it isn't perfect - but wow, what a difference compared to the before! I hope this info helps. PS: I also had a medical recliner and I slept in it for a few weeks. Also, I still often sleep with a few pillows under my knees because it feels better. However, I also had a thigh lift (in a later surgery), so that might also make the pillows under my knees more comfortable for me...
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #1315
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emem89
Thanks I appreciate the input – I also lost about 200 pounds and I carried most my weight up top more in the shoulder/arm area rather than the stomach. So while my stomach is bad I don't think it is as bad as it could have been. I really just want to make sure the area above the belly button is really going to be gone – to me it is the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror at my stomach!

I have a follow up appointment with one of the plastic surgeons who said I didn't need the vertical cut just to ask him a few more questions - he had showed me some pictures of his patients who lost a lot of weight who didn't have the vertical incision and their stomachs looked awesome. Thanks for the tips - I will definitely be checking out the toilet seat riser and the website that was mentioned!
emem89 is offline   Reply With Quote