Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #1231
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypenrod View Post
So glad that ya'll are having these procedures covered by insurance Had . 1/2 my GB in 07 and lost half of me, 170, within 6 months. Have gained back 10 since the sudden death of our 23 year old son in January due to an asthma attack, but have stayed steady. Insurance refused to cover any type of panniculectomy or anything else regardless of amount or size. Dr. says let get infected for 6 months and they'll do it but just can't do that physically (low white blood cell counts) or morally. Wish they could be on this side and see how much that means to those of us who have accomplished so much but still have "weights" to carry around. Dr. says my excess skin etc is about 40 lbs.
Please accept my sincere sympathies on the loss of your son. I am sorry for your loss.

On a much lighter note congratulations on your successful weight loss and maintenance.

I did not have WLS and I paid for my surgery out of pocket. I had a TT/breast lift(no implants). We are not wealthy. With that said, IT IS THE BEST MONEY WE EVER SPENT. I have never been happier. Even if you have to pay out of pocket, you will never regret it. I even had post op complications(hospitalized with compressed lungs) and can still stay that.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #1232
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
If you do have any skin problems, make sure your doctor documents it. So that over time, you will have a history of skin problems. When I developed an infected cyst on my waistline, it was the final thing that supported my request for the panniculectomy. But the face lift and neck lift, I went through a clinic at a teaching hospital. I know Chicago and Boston have them. There may be others around the country.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #1233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Globix
Hi Everyone,

Kind of new here, but am hoping someone can answer my questions and TIA!

In the past couple of years, I lost about 125lbs, did it on my own, and I qualified for insurance to pay for a breast reduction and a panniculectomy. I had the BR done in April and I was thrilled with it and I'm just one week out from the panni and have concerns. My insurance wouldn't pay for the full tummy tuck/panni and I'm worried that maybe I should've paid the extra for the tummy tuck???!!!?

I'm so swollen and I feel unrecognizably round! I wore a dress to the hospital and stayed one night, put the same dress on the next day to wear home and my belly (especially the part under my arms) was so swelled, that the dress barely fit! A week out, a little of the swelling has gone down but I still look like an M&M with legs! I saw my dr. today and he said in 3 months some of the swelling will go away, and my husband asked if my belly would go down any more. Dr. said not a lot, but I think he thought we were talking about the belly being flat. I know it won't be flat, I still have more to lose, but I'm really worried that I will retain this pumpkin-like physique!!

If anyone's had this surgery and can relate to what I'm asking, I would greatly appreciate any input you may have. I don't want to have gone through all this to be a round ball, especially when I think I looked better before! LOL

Thanks again!
Globix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #1234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypenrod View Post
So glad that ya'll are having these procedures covered by insurance Had . 1/2 my GB in 07 and lost half of me, 170, within 6 months. Have gained back 10 since the sudden death of our 23 year old son in January due to an asthma attack, but have stayed steady. Insurance refused to cover any type of panniculectomy or anything else regardless of amount or size. Dr. says let get infected for 6 months and they'll do it but just can't do that physically (low white blood cell counts) or morally. Wish they could be on this side and see how much that means to those of us who have accomplished so much but still have "weights" to carry around. Dr. says my excess skin etc is about 40 lbs.
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss! That must have been so hard to hear. I lost my brother at a young age, so I know the devastation it can leave on parents (now that I'm a parent myself I know two fold).

Yes I think it's disgraceful the way they throw some very expensive medical procedures around like candy, yet others get swept under the rug. It is not right.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #1235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Globix>> Congrats on the huge weight loss!

Medicare wouldn't cover full TT here either, but I was at a weight where simple panni was pretty much only needed. When I lean far forward (like into plank), I still have some loose skin, but it's inevitable, as that is skin from behind. By rights I would need a lower body lift, but will never have that.

I had some moderate swelling about 6 weeks in. One night I looked 3 months pregnant and it was uncomfortable!! I googled it, and it seems everyone is SO different regarding swelling. I'm sure you will notice a significant difference in swelling within a few months, and more in 6 months.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #1236
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
Globix>> Congrats on the huge weight loss!

Medicare wouldn't cover full TT here either, but I was at a weight where simple panni was pretty much only needed. When I lean far forward (like into plank), I still have some loose skin, but it's inevitable, as that is skin from behind. By rights I would need a lower body lift, but will never have that.

I had some moderate swelling about 6 weeks in. One night I looked 3 months pregnant and it was uncomfortable!! I googled it, and it seems everyone is SO different regarding swelling. I'm sure you will notice a significant difference in swelling within a few months, and more in 6 months.
Thank you! I feel so much better now, the swelling has been going down and the pain is pretty much gone. I had breast reduction 2 months ago and it was very easy compared to this!

I still have some weight to lose and will keep on with it, but it will be much easier now because I'm not encumbered by huge, saggy breasts and that big flap of skin. I love my plastic surgeon and hope to save enough money to have my arms and legs done at some point. Insurance won't pay for those, sadly.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #1237
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yep, I agree. Everyone heals from surgery differently. While one surgery left me swollen for a few months (to differing degrees...) another had hardly any swelling. I just had my revision of sorts done and my belly is puffy and swollen from the liposuction. I always thought - and think - that in just a few months you will look and feel so much better. Hang in there! There are also foods that allegedly help with healing and with swelling. I know pineapple is one of them - you might try to do an internet search for foods to eat to reduce swelling or something... And remember, extra protein helps with healing! Nom nom nom! Pass the steak!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #1238
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Yep, I agree. Everyone heals from surgery differently. While one surgery left me swollen for a few months (to differing degrees...) another had hardly any swelling. I just had my revision of sorts done and my belly is puffy and swollen from the liposuction. I always thought - and think - that in just a few months you will look and feel so much better. Hang in there! There are also foods that allegedly help with healing and with swelling. I know pineapple is one of them - you might try to do an internet search for foods to eat to reduce swelling or something... And remember, extra protein helps with healing! Nom nom nom! Pass the steak!
Can I ask about your lipo? Did you have it done in your Dr's office? What kind of cost was it, if you don't mind my asking? TI!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #1239
Blabbermouth!!!

You can ask me about pretty much anything! :P

The lipo was done in my doc's office to help with some puffiness I had above the bellybutton she had made for me after my panniculectomy. She took out about 4 vials (not sure how much total), but she said it was almost twice as much as she thought she'd have to remove. She also revised an incision in my mons area due to puffiness at the same time. Because it was a revision she (only) charged me $200.00 for all of it. She also gave me injections in my scars for my breast lift because they were thick and somewhat painful at times. Her policy is she will try to adjust/fix/revise things at pretty much her cost in situations like this. I am sure the lipo alone would have been a lot more money elsewhere.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #1240
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You can ask me about pretty much anything! :P

The lipo was done in my doc's office to help with some puffiness I had above the bellybutton she had made for me after my panniculectomy. She took out about 4 vials (not sure how much total), but she said it was almost twice as much as she thought she'd have to remove. She also revised an incision in my mons area due to puffiness at the same time. Because it was a revision she (only) charged me $200.00 for all of it. She also gave me injections in my scars for my breast lift because they were thick and somewhat painful at times. Her policy is she will try to adjust/fix/revise things at pretty much her cost in situations like this. I am sure the lipo alone would have been a lot more money elsewhere.

Wow! Great price, no doubt about it. I'm sure I'd have to pay a lot more. Oh well, it's a future issue so I may as well start saving now.

Thank you!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #1241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nezel
It took forever to read through the whole thread!

You girls are amazingly strong.
Nezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #1242
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Nezel, and welcome!

Don't even get me started on my (kinda) emergency gallbladder removal and subsequent internal bleeding and hospitalization 2 weeks ago...!! I'm strong, all right...or something like that!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #1243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Thanks Nezel, and welcome!

Don't even get me started on my (kinda) emergency gallbladder removal and subsequent internal bleeding and hospitalization 2 weeks ago...!! I'm strong, all right...or something like that!
OMIGOD, glad you are okay now! What happened? Did they go through your scars from your TT surgery or leave you with a new one?
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1244
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL I received 7 different little incisions from the laproscopic surgery. I look like I've been shot 7 times! I am slowwwwly recovering. Did you know that when you have internal bleeding they do not get it out? I left the hospital with 4 units of blood in my abdominal cavity! That fact, coupled with my kinda tight skin from the plastic surgeries meant a few weeks of being truly feeling like a stuffed sausage! Things are slowly reabsorbing, but I am still uncomfortable and in some pain, too. Not fun.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #1245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL I received 7 different little incisions from the laproscopic surgery. I look like I've been shot 7 times! I am slowwwwly recovering. Did you know that when you have internal bleeding they do not get it out? I left the hospital with 4 units of blood in my abdominal cavity! That fact, coupled with my kinda tight skin from the plastic surgeries meant a few weeks of being truly feeling like a stuffed sausage! Things are slowly reabsorbing, but I am still uncomfortable and in some pain, too. Not fun.
Girl, what you've been through! What caused the internal bleeding? I forget about laproscopic, way back when I had my gallbladder removed, I ended up with a 5 inch vertical scar, right of my belly button - they came out with the new procedure about 6 months later. One of the reasons for my fleur de lis style tummy tuck surgery was to remove that scar..
Old 08-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #1246

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
belly button update!
I wasn't happy with how it looked a few weeks after surgery, but it has since changed and although off-center, the shape is now exactly what I expected!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20121226_174531.jpg (11.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20130825_115822.jpg (7.0 KB, 34 views)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #1247

I guess even the belly button / umbilicus is swollen for MONTHS after surgery!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #1248
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Mary - that looks nice! Mine was sooo long she removed it and made me a new one...

Izzy - The internal bleeding, I think, was due mostly to being told to start my blood thinners too soon (I take them for a clotting disorder I have). That or I'm just not sure why it happened. It has been a long trip back, but I am feeling a lot better than I did a few weeks ago...
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #1249
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Wow Mary - that looks nice! Mine was sooo long she removed it and made me a new one...

Izzy - The internal bleeding, I think, was due mostly to being told to start my blood thinners too soon (I take them for a clotting disorder I have). That or I'm just not sure why it happened. It has been a long trip back, but I am feeling a lot better than I did a few weeks ago...
I'm glad you are feeling better!!, and yes, the blood has to reabsorb over time.

to you!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onedimsim
Stats: 261/144/139 - 5'7"
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Dr. Agha

I am planning on having a whole host of surgeries with (I think...) Dr. Agha!

Maryposa, what did u think?? Worth the extra $$$?

Anyone else have any experience with him?
onedimsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #1251

Yes, totally worth it!!!! I have seen the work of others for post-massive weight loss... they are simply nowhere NEAR Dr. Agha's aesthetics.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Yes, totally worth it!!!! I have seen the work of others for post-massive weight loss... they are simply nowhere NEAR Dr. Agha's aesthetics.
yea, see...i think esp. when you get to REAL massive weight loss....the Atlanta surgeon i spoke with, if you look at her gallery, most of the folks have lost <80 lbs. I have lost close to 200....so my body is a complete wreck....the "specialty" in working with post massive weight loss seems to be scarce. I may PM you if that is OK!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #1253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
belly button update!
I wasn't happy with how it looked a few weeks after surgery, but it has since changed and although off-center, the shape is now exactly what I expected!
Yours is cute, my is big and bizarre looking, but I'll take it over my old tummy! The scar above is still red from steroid shots this spring, plus gaining 5 pounds this past week doesn't help. Salt and carbs still bloat me up!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #1254
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, Izzy - Your scars are better than mine any day and your skin looks great! I recently added a few pounds, too, and wow, it appears to be true for me - when you have things fixed and then gain weight you gain it in the strangest places... What an incentive to lose what I gained and certainly not gain any more!!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow, Izzy - Your scars are better than mine any day and your skin looks great! I recently added a few pounds, too, and wow, it appears to be true for me - when you have things fixed and then gain weight you gain it in the strangest places... What an incentive to lose what I gained and certainly not gain any more!!
Yes, had lipo in saddlebags 3 or 4 years ago, when I gained weight afterward it was in my upper arms. Yo-yo-ed several times. Can't seem to lose it from my upper arms now. I used to have small arms. I'd love to get them done, but won't have the finances for who knows how long...some of my friends who had work done, gained in their boobs! Oh how I was hoping for that! LOL
Belly skin is still pretty good. Everywhere else sags and bags. My inner thighs/butt are a hopeless case. I just keep them covered to the knees in the summertime.
P4: May 16, 2014 Maintenance

Last edited by Izzysdream; 09-16-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Yes, had lipo in saddlebags 3 or 4 years ago, when I gained weight afterward it was in my upper arms. Yo-yo-ed several times. Can't seem to lose it from my upper arms now. I used to have small arms. I'd love to get them done, but won't have the finances for who knows how long...some of my friends who had work done, gained in their boobs! Oh how I was hoping for that! LOL
Belly skin is still pretty good. Everywhere else sags and bags. My inner thighs/butt are a hopeless case. I just keep them covered to the knees in the summertime.
Interesting observation on having Lipo....if you gain weight, you gain it in different places.....
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #1257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I'll look into Dr Agha too, I'm 20 pounds to my goal and it's not pretty, I'm saggy in some lovely places I'm probably looking at needing the thigh lift, brachioplasty, lower body lift and breast lift/implans. I was looking into Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico, he seems to have a lot of experience with former obese people as well.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1258

I went to Mexico for my VSG, no problem... but all of my reconstructive surgeries were so massive I can't imagine being so far away from home AND THEN so far away from my doctor should complications arise.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #1259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I'll look into Dr Agha too, I'm 20 pounds to my goal and it's not pretty, I'm saggy in some lovely places I'm probably looking at needing the thigh lift, brachioplasty, lower body lift and breast lift/implans. I was looking into Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico, he seems to have a lot of experience with former obese people as well.
you are considering two of my same guys there! I met Sauceda in Orlando - i would totally trust him - he has an actual fan page on FB. he does not do the "L" brachio which is a "must" for post massive in my book.

I have to say, Agha is wonderful, but i have so far not be as impressed by the "talks" i have had with him - have felt sort of "rushed" and that the answers to my questions were not tailored to my body and even my questions! There were a couple of reviews on him that sort of scared me too.....not to mention the cost of being in Cali for two - one-month periods - and he is by far the highest price.

Mary i saw one of your vids! You think a lot of Agha i guess? He does have the webs most beautiful gallery no question! I salivate......I still may try to do an "in person" visit prior to making final decisions.

My current top contender is a guy out of San Antonio - Peter Fisher - he is just great on the phone and has given me tons of individualized attention - he seems just about as excited as I am to "rebuild" me!

But if $$$ were a huge issue, i would totally do Sauceda - definitely the "most for your $$$" - really like him too! Very humble and honest guy.
**P3/P4 - 234 -> 224
RxHCG Round 2 - 4/14/2013, 53 days, 224-> 196, 28 lbs
**P3/P4 - 196 -> 193
RxHCG Round 3 - 7/27/2013, 90+ days , 193 -> 165, 28 lbs
Post Body Contouring R1: 168 -> 154!!!
RxHCG Round 4 - 3/13/14 - WIP - ~42 days planned
Old 09-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I went to Mexico for my VSG, no problem... but all of my reconstructive surgeries were so massive I can't imagine being so far away from home AND THEN so far away from my doctor should complications arise.
yes, if i were local to that area - IF ONLY!!! I have not found anyone right where i am that i totally am "into" - no one bills themselves as post massive specialists....

the one i talked to is Dr. Kavali and I am not fully convinced she is a "reubilder" - pretty flat looking butts!

Agha's work does make me salivate for sure.....