Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #1111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I called the clinic at the biggest hospital in Boston and asked for an appt with a plastic surgeon. I didn't have any names either. I met the team about a week ago and they were all qualified board certified. Ask them what their specialty is. Some do eyes, other do whatever. You want one who has done many tt's
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Girls-your stories are amazing-and thanks for sharing-it is so appreciated to hear what strengths you all have and the wonderful transformations you have endured--I have been thinking about doing a tt but have no clue how to find a good surgeon who is well versed so to speak in doing this kind of surgery after a big weight loss--I live in small town America so I would have to travel but would like to not have to travel too far for obvious reasons for repeat visits-my question is how to find a surgeon who is good? thanks for your advice.
I asked my weight loss surgeon, my gynecologist, and my regular doctor who they would recommend for the plastic/cosmetic surgery. They all three told me the same surgeon without any prompting from me. I met with two plastic surgeons, and the one all of them had recommended was my first choice after the consultations. I LOVE HIM!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #1113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Hi everyone!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

MaryPosa I bet your tush is looking smokin'! From the pics I've seen you have such a cute shape!!

MaryMary that is super exciting!

I am also a ball of nerves because I received my call today! My surgery is on May the 8th in the morning. The clock is ticking now!

I'm on my last pack of cigs-- want to kick this way before I go in! I hope it won't be too hard for me! I'm sooo ready to quit those things for good!

I've averaged 160-165 the last month and I'm pretty happy with that. I posted a new pic in my albums (my mom is with me but I blurred out her face to respect her privacy). She has lost about 27-30lbs as well and is looking awesome for a 64 year old lady!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I've averaged 160-165 the last month and I'm pretty happy with that. I posted a new pic in my albums (my mom is with me but I blurred out her face to respect her privacy). She has lost about 27-30lbs as well and is looking awesome for a 64 year old lady!
Heidi:

Your picture in your albums with your mom looks beautiful!

Way to go on quitting those cigarettes. You want to be as healthy as possible in your new hot body!

Congrats!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #1115
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, where are the albums?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #1116

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Thanks ladies
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1117
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Hehe I think I tend to stay pretty incognito, so I am hoping it will only happen when I *know* I am dolled up a bit.

Yesterday when I went to see my surgeon he was quite proud of the work he did on my rear... ya, I am pretty sure that is what got the attention in that skirt lol
I don't know. I think we need a butt pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybb1 View Post
What do they do about the vah-jayjay area? Can that be fixed too? I've been too afraid to ask. LOL. Mine will need some work.
Totally. Just ask them to include it in the estimate. If they don't/won't then keep looking!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

clmoore-- Thank you so much! Yes I reallllly want to quit for good this time. I quit once for 10 months around 10 years ago, and quit again cold turkey the moment I found out I was pregnant with my daughter (with really no withdrawals-- a lot of it is in your head). Started again a few months after she was born (although cut wayyy back and it's held) to avoid gaining weight, but I'm in a better place this time so 3rd luck's a charm?

I want these incisions to heal up as quick as possible, and as I learned from all of you knowledgeable ladies (as well as some of friends/family), smoking is a definite no-no post surgery! My recovery will be done end of June, so I'm hoping to squeeze in a least one good month of summer!!

MaryMary, you click on a user's name and it will bring you to their profile. Mine shows up on the right lower side of my screen. It's a box labeled 'albums' and below it is my only album 'Before and After'. I'm assuming if a user has more than one, then there would be clickable links listed in the box

About the vaj-jay area... I never even thought of it!! Has anyone had a panectomy that found it left theirs funky?

Last edited by Heidi; 03-26-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #1119
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, thanks for the dirctions.

I had a paniculectomy and mine was left funky down there, so if I ever get the thigh lift, I hope to get that done as well. First thing first, neck and face
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #1120
Senior LCF Member

Well I'm getting the panus and thighs done. Not a lift but a vertical line going down (but no side line closer to butt/pelvic area).

You would all laugh seeing me stare at myself in the mirror right now I'm tugging and pullin' on skin trying to visualize what the end result may look like!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
You would all laugh seeing me stare at myself in the mirror right now I'm tugging and pullin' on skin trying to visualize what the end result may look like!
I think we all do/did that!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #1122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I just got my pics ready to post for everyone - you will see what I had done. I will do this later tonight or tomorrow...
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I just got my pics ready to post for everyone - you will see what I had done. I will do this later tonight or tomorrow...
Yay!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #1124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

I got my date this week for the neck, face and upper eyelids. It is April 24 and I am planning to stay home from work for 3-4 weeks. Hooe all goes well.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #1126
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
I got my date this week for the neck, face and upper eyelids. It is April 24 and I am planning to stay home from work for 3-4 weeks. Hooe all goes well.

wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #1127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's great! Sending good surgery thoughts your way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale
I just got my pics ready to post for everyone - you will see what I had done. I will do this later tonight or tomorrow..
Yay! Can't wait to see!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #1128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Heidi- so excited for you, I had to quit smoking too, it was tough but I was so ready for that surgery that I did it, my Vjay def needs work, it is all puffy and gross, I am in s much stress right now with my grandmother and living an hour from work at my Mom's waiting to move that the thought of surgery again is the last thing on my mind, but it has been a year since surgery and I need some tune ups, I am still hopeful to get my boobs lifted so I was figuring he would fix that then. You are going to look great!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #1129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Heidi- so excited for you, I had to quit smoking too, it was tough but I was so ready for that surgery that I did it, my Vjay def needs work, it is all puffy and gross, I am in s much stress right now with my grandmother and living an hour from work at my Mom's waiting to move that the thought of surgery again is the last thing on my mind, but it has been a year since surgery and I need some tune ups, I am still hopeful to get my boobs lifted so I was figuring he would fix that then. You are going to look great!!!!
Thanks! Getting really excited/anxious now! Exactly 3 weeks to go!!

Are you getting a lift or implants too? Mine could use a lift, but they would still not be 'full' with that. Do they do it in a way that you get some fullness back?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #1130
Blabbermouth!!!

Heidi, the way it was explained to me, with a boob lift, they might get a little smaller, but they can add some of your own body fat to plump them up instead of implants. Your doc can explain.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #1131

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Heidi, the way it was explained to me, with a boob lift, they might get a little smaller, but they can add some of your own body fat to plump them up instead of implants. Your doc can explain.
Yes exactly right. But fat injection does not have a good track record for sticking around. My surgeon does a spiral flap breast aug that takes any "bra" side overhang fat you have left and cuts it rather than suctioning and rotates it into the breast area. That stays put much better than injection because it maintains blood supply and stays intact the whole time.
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
I had an extended lift with implants. I am used to being a large chested woman and had nothing left after losing weight. I am thrilled but they are a little big for fancy bras. I have the upper fullness that I wanted though. We he did the extended he went out under my arm so I don't have all the overhang about my bra and best of all I can go without the bra in a lot of those fun dresses.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1133
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the info!

I don't mind having smaller boobs... I just wish they were full and more perky lol! I'm guessing the price for this would be 5-8k, which I don't see in my immediate future :P but something to think about
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Mine were just a B cup even at my heaviest. When I lost the weight, they were less than an A cup and kinda sunk in. I got a lift and silicone implants about two years ago and love them! Now have a C cup except at Victoria Secret they are D cup.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #1135
Blabbermouth!!!

At the clinic at Mass General, I was quoted $6800 for both the breast life and the arms all done at the same time. When You get a second procedure at the same time, you get half off the second procedure. If I had known that I would have had my breasts done when I had the panniculectomy.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Same over here MaryMary If I had wanted to get my arms done (I don't really feel I need it now since losing more) it would have been much cheaper as day clinic and anesthesiologist costs would have been combined with a covered procedure.

clmoore, mine were a c most of my life, but I've also been overweight my whole life lol. At my heaviest I was a DD, but now I'm a B, but wear a C due to sagging and a bit of loose skin under armpit area.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Less than 2 weeks to go for me!! Had my pre admission at the hospital today Got my "scrubbing bubbles" sponge :P lol the nurse laughed when I called it that!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #1138
Blabbermouth!!!

I had my face and neck lift on Wed last along with the upper lids. Right now it is all bruises but doesn't teally hurt. I get the sutures out on Monday. The two drains came out the day after the surgery. My DD has spoiled me with her cooking all my LC meals for me since I got back to her place. I will post some pics when I am presentable. So glad it is over. The anxierty leading up to it is like giving birth to a baby.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So glad it is over. The anxierty leading up to it is like giving birth to a baby.
Couldn't agree more!!

I'm glad everything went well Mary! Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
I had my face and neck lift on Wed last along with the upper lids. Right now it is all bruises but doesn't teally hurt. I get the sutures out on Monday. The two drains came out the day after the surgery. My DD has spoiled me with her cooking all my LC meals for me since I got back to her place. I will post some pics when I am presentable. So glad it is over. The anxierty leading up to it is like giving birth to a baby.
Glad it's over and you are feeling well! Can't wait to see the pics!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote