LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1051

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I took 1 week off for arm surgery, 3 weeks for tummy but still felt like crap but sat all day, but laying out felt better I was counting the hours til I could get home and lay out, I really still want a boob lift and work on the leftover side skin that bra fat that pushes up! But honestly this TT is still causing me problems so I am not even thinking about the boobs, I am letting VS take care of that!!!
I am doing that, and I am 7 and a half weeks out!!!

Sorry the TT is still causing probs... still the seroma or something else?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #1052
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Thanks Everyone! You can do it, too. The weight loss and the plastic surgery if you decide to do it... I'm just a normal person... I did have a gastric bypass, but I have worked hard to lose the weight and I'm trying hard to keep it off, too. I really appreciate the compliments, but I am still overweight (considerably) by all the BMI calculators and weight charts... My "tiny waist" is around 32" - 34". I am NOT complaining, just saying a lot of people think that's huge! It is just how I'm built and I'm very happy with where I am right now. I wil be paying for these surgeries for the next few years, too - but again, I'll deal with that. I have never in my life looked like this. It took 45 years but I'm savoring it now & trying to make up for lost time. Thanks again.
32-34 IS SMALL!!!!!!!!

I in hearing you talk about Savoring and Enjoying the *New-You*!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
Here's another question. Sorry if I'm bugging y'all or if this isn't the right place.

I live by myself in Atlanta & my family lives in Savannah. I'm thinking about having the surgery done in Savannah (about a 4 hour drive) I could probably stay there for 2 weeks. I've got animals and I could take my dog, but I would probably have to get a pet sitter to check on the cats a couple of time a week.

I would like to have arms, boobs and stomach done at the same time. Is this doable?

Do you think that 2 weeks would be enough with all the follow up appointments?
How about driving? When were you allowed to drive?
Do you think after 2 weeks you could stand a 4 hour drive, either driving or riding?
If I have it done here in Atlanta what's your opinion about me being able to take care of myself? How long will I need to have someone around full time?

Thanks!
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #1054
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
To everyone who is having trouble getting in to see my pics - I do not know what I have done wrong... If you're still interested, please PM me and if you give me your email I will send them. Thanks, HT

PS: One other thing to remember: I have keloid tissue, which means I scar a lot more than most people will... The scars will lighten a lot over time, but right now they are all still quite dark.
Will you msg me the info?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #1055

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Its not a seroma it is a lymphocele, I had that surgery he thought he removed it and now it is back, that was in Dec, my lymph ducts were cut and they are running all willy nilly and finding voids to collect fluid, I still have not told him its back cause that means more sticking, or surgery which I dont feel like dealing with, I am sort of sick of it, March will be one year! I am still really numb and my tummy still hurts at places like the internal muscle repair I can still really feel especially working out. But as uncomfortable as I may be I love it, I have a great belly button and seeing that super flat belly is worth it, it just sucks I cant seem to get past it!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Its not a seroma it is a lymphocele, I had that surgery he thought he removed it and now it is back, that was in Dec, my lymph ducts were cut and they are running all willy nilly and finding voids to collect fluid, I still have not told him its back cause that means more sticking, or surgery which I dont feel like dealing with, I am sort of sick of it, March will be one year! I am still really numb and my tummy still hurts at places like the internal muscle repair I can still really feel especially working out. But as uncomfortable as I may be I love it, I have a great belly button and seeing that super flat belly is worth it, it just sucks I cant seem to get past it!
Sorry, you did clarify that before!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Hi everyone!

I know I haven't been around in a long time! Wow lots of updates here! I'm glad you're recouping well HT and MP! I can't see your pics HT, but I could view Mary and you look fabulous!

Well... my surgeon was aiming for February, so I had myself all pumped up for the next couple of weeks, but because my blood work came back late, she said it won't be until April. She needs to book 5-6 hours for the room at the hospital so they need a good chunk of time ahead to reserve it. I was bummed but what can you do right?

I signed the consent forms at the last visit, and she told me they will contact me 6 weeks prior to surgery. I've lost more weight (down to 165lbs) so she's confident that she will 'tighten me right up" haha

She must have seen fear in my eyes because she told me "it's not going to hurt that bad dear". She said some thigh surgeries they cut under the bum/groin line THEN down the leg but she doesn't need to do that with me so sitting won't be as harsh.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #1058

Good luck Heidi!!! I am sure you are super anxious now!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #1059
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Heidi - Right. I had the "smaller" thigh lift - no vertical scar down the leg. It is (still) uncomfortable, but gets a little easier/better each day. The pain with my thigh lift only lasted a few days, but the discomfort hangs around a LOT longer. PM me your email and I will send you my pics.

I also need to take some new thigh pictures - a lot of swelling is down now - even though I still have a few areas that drain a little clearish liquid each day on the inside of one thigh. I took my last antibiotic last night - hope it was enough! My surgery was 5 weeks today, for those of you trying to guage your possible healing time. I have been back to work for three weeks... I am not exercising yet, but hope to get back to it maybe this weekend (a small walk) or for sure by next weekend.

Have a great day, Everyone!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #1060

Heidi, it seemed like I waited forever for my surgery, but as it got closer it felt too soon! I was really motivated to exercise in the four months leading up to my surgery... my focus was on getting STRONG so that my upper body strength could help me get up/down from bed, the toilet, etc lol
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girls! Yes by the time I have my surgery it will have been a year!

She told me I needed the vertical line down to achieve the best results, and she doesn't think medicare would cover the lift one anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Heidi, it seemed like I waited forever for my surgery, but as it got closer it felt too soon! I was really motivated to exercise in the four months leading up to my surgery... my focus was on getting STRONG so that my upper body strength could help me get up/down from bed, the toilet, etc lol
So true! I have been trying to do as much strength training as possible for same reasons, but it's hard for me to stay motivated this time of year. I always get down and sluggish and fall a bit out of routine. Was -38° with the windchill here last week!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Also, we have two main hospitals here. We're an official bilingual province, so we have the city hospital (English) and the Georges-Dumont (French). I could pick either or but my surgeon told me the french covers the top compression garment, which saves me 100$-- bonus! I've been to both and both offer good quality care in both languages (I'm bilingual so it doesn't matter either way).
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #1063
Blabbermouth!!!

Wearing good compression garments after surgery is really important and has always made me feel a lot better. I also agree with being strong to help you. I was holding myself above the toilet for a few days - kinda felt like spiderman how I had my arms jammed against the walls so I didn't have to sit. I also used my arms a lot to help shift around in bed. Actually, I am still doing that to a degree.

I walked about a mile today. My right leg is sore in the back, but generally it felt good. I still have some clear discharge, but I've learned to live with it and it is decreasing a little each day... Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 02-02-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #1064
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emem89
Hi Everyone,

Let me start by saying you ladies are such an inspiration. I am new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile and had a question for you. I have lost 180 pounds over the last few years and have been steady at about 205, I know I need to lose more before I could get surgery but at what weight did you even go consult a plastic surgeon?? I am in desperate need of an arm lift and pretty much my whole boob area needs some work. I have been contemplating this for awhile but wasn't sure at what point I should actually consult a plastic surgeon.

Thanks,
Em
emem89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #1065
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Em, I'm not sure how much more you want to lose, but if its only 20 or 30 pounds I'd say go get a consult now. That way you will know where you need to be or what else needs to be done. Also, if you are considering trying to have insurance cover any of your surgeries you would need to start documenting issues and doctor visits ASAP. I'd say sooner rather than later. By the way: congrats on your losses!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #1066
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a doctor visit a few hours ago. She is very pleased with my progress and feels the infection is gone or on the way out... She said she feels I am "out of the woods" now and she can breathe easy. I was like O,o I didn't know I was ever in the woods! Anyway, she gave me the green light to exercise and take baths. I have been exercising, so I will continue that, but as for baths, I still think I will wait another week or so until everything is truly closed and healed. I did wear jeans today for the first time since the surgery and they actually felt pretty good. All in all, a good doc visit. I really do like her and her work.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #1067
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emem89
Thanks! I think I will go ahead and at least make an appointment to figure out where I need to be and what will need to be done. As for documentation I just recently started getting rashes on my stomach area so I guess off to the Dr I go.
emem89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1068

Warning... discussion of "gross stuff" lol (wounds and whatnot)

I have good news and bad news... good news is that all but one of my openings healed up and scabbed over to where I can just put a bandaid over. Bad news is the one that is left is the biggest one... to me, it kind of smells... but then again I always thought there was a smell (not necessarily bad) and both my helper and the doctor said they didn't smell anything. Now the smell went from a weird smell to a slightly bad smell (in my opinion) so I am a little worried.

Also, and this is the really gross part I had a weird blister-like looking thing on my LBL inscision line, it wasn't big but it was there for a while... so I messed with it and it had some pus-like drainage. I pressed the surrounding area to get as much out as a could, in my perception it was quite a lot. It didn't smell bad or like anything, so I don't think it was an infection (well not any more of an infection than a pimple is)... Ew But I have had all these surgeries and never had anything like that before. Anyone else ever experienced something like that????

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey

Last edited by Maryposa; 02-06-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by emem89 View Post
Thanks! I think I will go ahead and at least make an appointment to figure out where I need to be and what will need to be done. As for documentation I just recently started getting rashes on my stomach area so I guess off to the Dr I go.
My surgeon recommends that you go to him when you have 20 pounds left to lose, that way you still have "good fat" he can use to re-shape you... like if your butt is really flat, but you still have a couple lower back rolls and thigh fat... he can use the fat from the areas you don't want it, and put it areas where you do want it.

Also, I don't think it hurts to go in if you have a bit more than 20lb to lose, really good surgeons can visualize how your body will be if you lost a few more lbs. and what they would do.

Finally, I thought I had a whole bunch more fat left on my lower stomach, but he told me it looked like it was mostly connective tissues that were left, but that he wouldn't know for sure until he got in there. Either way he was confident he'd give me a good result, and he did. So, the surgeon might be able to tell if he can help you now or if you should lose some more weight first.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #1070

Quote:
I had a doctor visit a few hours ago. She is very pleased with my progress and feels the infection is gone or on the way out... She said she feels I am "out of the woods" now and she can breathe easy. I was like O,o I didn't know I was ever in the woods! Anyway, she gave me the green light to exercise and take baths. I have been exercising, so I will continue that, but as for baths, I still think I will wait another week or so until everything is truly closed and healed. I did wear jeans today for the first time since the surgery and they actually felt pretty good. All in all, a good doc visit. I really do like her and her work.
Sounds positive
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #1071

cross-post.... my sis in law took pics of me yesterday and i posted the favs starting here:

WLS Before/After and Progress Pictures...
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #1072

Mary- the one of your face looking to the side, just beautiful!!!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #1073
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
cross-post.... my sis in law took pics of me yesterday and i posted the favs starting here:

WLS Before/After and Progress Pictures...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member

You look Aaaamazing and those photos rock!

Can I go raid your closet??

Before losing all this weight, I always stuck to jeans and shirt when going out. Now I can wear almost anything, but I couldn't put a rockin outfit together if my life depended on it. I've upgraded to proper fitting jeans and fancier tops. I tried a skirt this Christmas, but the loose skin on my thighs totally showed when sitting down, so still can't go there yet lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #1075
Blabbermouth!!!

She looks amazing!!! I agree - maybe you need to come to Florida to go shopping with me, Mary!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #1076
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She looks amazing!!! I agree - maybe you need to come to Florida to go shopping with me, Mary!!
Ah, yes!, but on the way there, could you please stop by North Carolina and go shopping with me first
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #1077

I would love to go shopping with you all!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #1078

Quote:
I'll go. You know I love some shopping.

Well, I was planning on seeking some consultations this year, probably late May, after we got through everything at work that is going to be implemented. I'm the only one in my role so time off is not easy until after all that.

ANYWAY, depening on what car insurance says about my wreck - if they total it or not - I may not have the funds to do it for a few more years. If they total the car I'm going to have to pull that money to buy a new car. A car loan isn't gonna cut it for us, the interest rate is outrageous, but if I use the loan I was planning to get for surgery to buy a car it has a few more benefits. I'd own the car outright, I'd get the title not the lien holder. I'd get a wayyyyyy better interest rate, and all interest would be repaid into my account to myself versus someone else(401k loan). I'd make the same payments on a 3 year 401k loan as I would a 6 year auto loan.

So... I'm waiting to see what happens. If they fix it I'll have the funds for plastics, but I'll have a rebuilt car that will probably breakl down right and left and have next to NO trade in value because of the major accident on it's carfax record.

I'm torn.

I got a lot of tummy to take off and I really want some new bewbies. But this new little red car is soooo cute.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #1079
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather, I really hope the car insurance thing works out in your favor. I hate that this could push back your plans. I will tell you, I know how expensive the surgery is - I am putting off getting a different car for a while and I have big bills, but there is nothing that compares to having my pannus gone. I had no idea my doc would be able to do what she did. It has changed my life. Even if I hadn't had the arms, boobs, or thighs done, I'd do the tummy tuck again in a heartbeat - and I'd drive a more cruddy car for ten years without thinking twice. I just wish I lost the weight and did all this ten years ago...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #1080

Well, initial estimate with no confirmation yet (looked it up on the online claims status thingy) shows repair at $11,700 and change. For a 2007 Nissan with 94k miles the value is only about $12,500 on a dealer lot. I think I'm looking at a total loss.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote