Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #871
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I went to Victoria's Secret today (for the first time in my entire life...) and things fit. Everything fit! Even underwear! I. AM. SHOCKED. One bra seemed too small and I told the girl, well, I finally got one that just isn't going to work. She looked at it and she had brought me one that was a size too small! lol So, I spent more on a few bras and panties today that I normally spend in maybe 3 years. Oh well. I deserve to look and feel pretty. That's the other thing. MY. UNDERWEAR. MATCHES. Never - I repeat, NEVER In my life have I had bras and panties that match. I could never find things in my size and/or when I was super heavy they just looked horrific. This stuff looks good. I kinda teared up on the way home thinking about it. I'm pretty happy right now - despite the big bill that will be sent my way in a few weeks. In a way it was worth it.
That must have felt just so....... awesome. Wow! I want undies that match too!! LOL
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #872
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,934
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
MY. UNDERWEAR. MATCHES. Never - I repeat, NEVER In my life have I had bras and panties that match.
Welcome to my world. Mine must always coordinate or I just feel WRONG all day. Not match exactly per se, but color coordinate.

I love VS yoga panties for working out. Soft, comfy and don't stay wet like cotton ones do when I sweat.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #873
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,345
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
HOT TAMALE: A friend of mine had a boob job after weight loss and then after mine told me that I should go to Victoria Secret. She said: "You don't put $8,000 boobs in a $10 bra!" (Or fill in how much your boobs cost you!)
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #874
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
HOT TAMALE: A friend of mine had a boob job after weight loss and then after mine told me that I should go to Victoria Secret. She said: "You don't put $8,000 boobs in a $10 bra!" (Or fill in how much your boobs cost you!)
haha true logic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang
I love VS yoga panties for working out. Soft, comfy and don't stay wet like cotton ones do when I sweat.
Those sound awesome! We don't have a VS around here... it sucks It's kind of surprising considering we have the largest mall in the maritimes :S
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #875
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Man a lady that went to my doc called said he told her to get this $35 cream for her belly button, I said what is $35 on top of 8K? LOL Get the freaking cream you dont want a funky belly button!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #876
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,976
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
LOL I love what all of you said - esp you don't put $8K boobs in a $10 bra! You guys will rationalize me into bankruptcy! I wish I had about ten more than I bought! I also had a nightie in my hands that I left there...guess I deserve that, too, huh!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Monkeeville USA
Posts: 6,257
Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
General question to all....
How much weight/oz in skin did they remove at each of your surgeries?
Did your clothing size change?
Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #878
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
He took 8 pound 6 ounces off my stomach, sadly I am still wearing size 12's my size hasn't changed but lets just say I look a whole lot better in them, but I have gained some weight this summer, but it doesnt go to your gut which is amazing!!! It all went to my boobs and thighs, actually it looks better filling out the skin, but I still want to lose it! How bad is that, that you look a little better after gaining! Ughghg
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #879
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,976
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I don't know exact weights for some of this...

She removed 1.5 pounds of skin/fat during my breast lift (and 27cm of skin).
She removed 9cm of skin from each arm...
She removed 17 pounds of skin/fat during my panniculectomy!

I went down to about a size 14 top and bottom after each surgery (top half and bottom half). I had been at least an 18-20 on the bottom before the surgery and a 16-18 on top before surgery. Now, although I have only lost one or two additional pounds, I almost always wear a size 14, but I can often wear a 12. I am still amazed daily.
__________________
The big question is: How badly do you want this!?!
"If it was easy everybody would be doing it." --Me!
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought...What we think we become.” Buddha
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #880
Queen of the Planet of Redheads
 
LunaAshling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: LunaAshling
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
HOT TAMALE: "You don't put $8,000 boobs in a $10 bra!"

Amen!
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #881
Queen of the Planet of Redheads
 
LunaAshling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: LunaAshling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
side flab.... I had 12" removed off of one side, and about 10" off the other in an upper body lift. Then when I had my breast lift, Dr. Agha removed another 2" or so! Hmmm... I really hesitate to post pics... but maybe I will if someone wants me to? Let me know.

Post what you feel comfy posting. I am sure there are a ton of people watching this thread that would get something out of it. No pressure!
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #882
Queen of the Planet of Redheads
 
LunaAshling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: LunaAshling
Wow 92,484 views!
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #883
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,509
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Hi all, ok, I will see what I can do for pics.

Last edited by Maryposa; 09-24-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #884
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,509
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
As for my December surgery.... I don't know what to do... here are my concerns:

- my surgeon is very popular and I am suddenly having a hard time getting responses from his office (this was not a problem before)
- there are 10 weeks until my surgery and I have no idea if my paperwork was submitted to insurance or not because of above stated problem
- I want to lose more weight but it hasn't been happening
- I am crazy stressed about finances and haven't attempted obtaining financing for the surgery yet
- I have been crazy stressed at work and although things have calmed down, there were a lot of lay offs in the not so distant past
- I just got over having shingles.... it makes me concerned that I either have too much stress or my immune system is shot and either way, not ideal conditions for surgery (if I am generally "run down")
- I loath the idea of taking a bunch of weeks off from exercise after I have gotten back into full swing

On the other hand,
- some (if not most) of these things might not resolve any time soon (especially the finances part!)
- I'll have to take time off from exercising no matter when I have this done
- I am not getting any younger
- my lower body loose skin is really bothering me
- I already asked for the month of December off
- because we have paid time off the week of Christmas that is an extra week I'll be paid that I wouldn't if I just used vacation time....
__________________


10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #885
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,976
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I suppose you need to first find out if the insurance paperwork has been submitted and/or where it stands. If you can move forward with that then I would see what my doctors suggest in regards to the immune issues. My doctor decided she would not do my thigh surgery because I wasn't as totally healed as she wanted me to be - greater chance of infection. As you all know, I was so upset, but now I see her reasons and I am glad she didn't let me sway her.

Financially, well, I will add to a saying I always heard growing up: "You never have enough money to get married, have children, or have plastic surgery! (underlined part is mine, obviously!) If you can make it happen, I say do it now while you are young and healthy.

I'd go for the December surgery date if you can. You already have the time off and in many ways you are mentally ready for it. One way or another you will have to stop exercise for a while, but, like you said, that will happen whether you do it in December or any other month. If my doctors were okay with me having surgery I would do it. I hope you figure out what's best for you!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 AM   #886
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Mary- like hot tamale said there is never enough money and you know it is the best money you will spend! I would be concerned about lack of response from the office, make sure that is in order, if you have that extra week go for it in Dec, that is a real plus! As for stress, just try to chill!!! It is stressful times, you know I lost my job and was devastated and now it all worked out, we gotta roll with the punches, this is for you!!! You will come out OK, just try to find some inner peace so you go into well and healthy!!

And now bad news, I went to have my lump drained, it is not a seroma, it is a lymph pocket, I said what are we going to do, now he thinks shove a drain back in and see if it will collapse, last night flat, this morning at the gym I get all this burning and the sucker is filled up again, he said he never had this happen and never lymph, he is still reluctant to go back in and open me up since everything has healed so nicely, ughhg, so now with the new job I will be dragging a drain bag around again for over a month! Ughgh he is going to see if he can me a smaller one and a thinner tube since it is so localized! I am pissed, I am sick of getting drained I wait forever in his office, it hurts, it fills back up anyways it hurts when I roll on it, so I guess this is the best option!
__________________
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wB47MwP/weight.png
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #887
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,345
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
And now bad news, I went to have my lump drained, it is not a seroma, it is a lymph pocket, I said what are we going to do, now he thinks shove a drain back in and see if it will collapse, last night flat, this morning at the gym I get all this burning and the sucker is filled up again, he said he never had this happen and never lymph, he is still reluctant to go back in and open me up since everything has healed so nicely, ughhg, so now with the new job I will be dragging a drain bag around again for over a month! Ughgh he is going to see if he can me a smaller one and a thinner tube since it is so localized! I am pissed, I am sick of getting drained I wait forever in his office, it hurts, it fills back up anyways it hurts when I roll on it, so I guess this is the best option!
Oh, I hate that so much! I hope you and your doctor can figure it out!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #888
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah it is a very strange thing he said he never had this happen, he had seromas that resolved but this is pure yellow lymph it fills right back up, the thought of that damn drain again is killing me and now I got this new trainer and he is busting my rump so I might wait til after the holidays it is such a royal PIA!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,345
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Yeah it is a very strange thing he said he never had this happen, he had seromas that resolved but this is pure yellow lymph it fills right back up, the thought of that damn drain again is killing me and now I got this new trainer and he is busting my rump so I might wait til after the holidays it is such a royal PIA!
So, I don't know what "lymph" means. Is it like a lymph node in the area or what?
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #890
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,934
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
So, I don't know what "lymph" means. Is it like a lymph node in the area or what?
It's the fluid that flows through the lymphatic channels. Yup, to do with lymph nodes.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #891
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,976
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
So sorry you are going through this, Bejewelme! I hope the drain works if you do it... Do you have a choice?
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #892
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well I can keep it as is, but its big like an egg, you can see it sticking out on me through my clothes, it hurts when I exercise and roll over on it, so I guess that is the plan, I go MOnday and he is going to see if he got the smaller drain tube and bag, lovely!!!! I will let you know then! Ughghg!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!
 
tybeeanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern, IL
Posts: 2,865
Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
I am so sorry you are going through this ((((hugs))) & prayers.
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #894
Major LCF Poster!
 
Izzysdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,254
Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Well I can keep it as is, but its big like an egg, you can see it sticking out on me through my clothes, it hurts when I exercise and roll over on it, so I guess that is the plan, I go MOnday and he is going to see if he got the smaller drain tube and bag, lovely!!!! I will let you know then! Ughghg!
Amber, so sorry you are still going through this! Hope he can get a smaller drain tube/bag for you. Is there anyway you can get a second opinion about treatment for this?
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #895
Major LCF Poster!
 
Izzysdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,254
Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
As for my December surgery.... I don't know what to do... here are my concerns:

- my surgeon is very popular and I am suddenly having a hard time getting responses from his office (this was not a problem before)
- there are 10 weeks until my surgery and I have no idea if my paperwork was submitted to insurance or not because of above stated problem
- I want to lose more weight but it hasn't been happening
- I am crazy stressed about finances and haven't attempted obtaining financing for the surgery yet
- I have been crazy stressed at work and although things have calmed down, there were a lot of lay offs in the not so distant past
- I just got over having shingles.... it makes me concerned that I either have too much stress or my immune system is shot and either way, not ideal conditions for surgery (if I am generally "run down")
- I loath the idea of taking a bunch of weeks off from exercise after I have gotten back into full swing

On the other hand,
- some (if not most) of these things might not resolve any time soon (especially the finances part!)
- I'll have to take time off from exercising no matter when I have this done
- I am not getting any younger
- my lower body loose skin is really bothering me
- I already asked for the month of December off
- because we have paid time off the week of Christmas that is an extra week I'll be paid that I wouldn't if I just used vacation time....
Mary, can you go to the ps office and check on the insurance issue in person? I would probably go ahead with the surgery, with the extra week off for the holidays. I had to go back to work after 2 weeks (hard recovery after a fleur de lis tt) and I needed at least a month off. There are good supplements out there that reduce the stress hormone cortisol in the body and maybe a supplement to boost the immune system (a good one I use is superlysine+). Can you get the shingles vaccine?
I saw your pictures, you look absolutely wonderful!!!!
__________________
[B]Journal time :http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...riment-35.html
P2 Start April 2, 2014
P3: April 25, 2014 Stabilization Phase
P4: May 16, 2014 Maintenance

Last edited by Izzysdream; 10-05-2012 at 11:00 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Amber, so sorry you are still going through this! Hope he can get a smaller drain tube/bag for you. Is there anyway you can get a second opinion about treatment for this?
Ditto! Must be so frustrating! I can understand him not wanting to open you back up, but at what point do you decide enough is enough?
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #897
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well Monday I will find out, I am wondering maybe if this tube gets in it will solve some of the swelling and numbness too, there is still fluid and swelling in my tummy so maybe it will be a good thing!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #898
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Well Monday I will find out, I am wondering maybe if this tube gets in it will solve some of the swelling and numbness too, there is still fluid and swelling in my tummy so maybe it will be a good thing!

How did it go hun?
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #899
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
He decided now no drain he thinks it will keep the fluid producing so he is back to wanting to cut me open and try to stitch it. So I am still getting drained once a week and he is doing nothing! Ughghg
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #900
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
He decided now no drain he thinks it will keep the fluid producing so he is back to wanting to cut me open and try to stitch it. So I am still getting drained once a week and he is doing nothing! Ughghg
Oh my gosh.... so frustrating! Hang in there!
So did he give you a ballpark time on when said revision would take place?
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.