LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I think retraining yourself is KEY.

That's what I could never do before. I could lose 50, 60, 70 pounds and then when it came to it I would gain it all back because I would revert "back to normal" (was I ever normal before?).

Now people say they can't believe I ever weighed almost 300 pounds because I eat so healthfully. I tell them that's why I'm not almost 300 pounds anymore. To change things permanently you have to change your actions, permanently!
Totally with you on this! It's like challenging yourself to do something for a year is much easier than a lifetime! lol You totally have to re wire your brain's way of thinking about food, and I know for me, it was a whole learning experience about food (and still is today)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewlme
GOsh when I think of how I used to eat it is mind numbing, and when I was fat I had my oself convinced I didnt eat that bad, LOL OMG
hahaha saaaaame here! hot dog with baked white processed fries and mixed frozen mini veggies? Sure that was a "healthy" night! What?? You can't eat tons of banana chips as a late night snack? But but.... it's bananas??

Like I was saying about learning about food. I've come so far even my parents can't get over how differently I eat now.

I do think after eating so much crap for years, it takes a while to readjust your taste buds to what is good. When I first started years ago, I forced lots of foods down that I didn't find too palatable, but over time, weaning myself from bad stuff and eating more of the good stuff my body and taste buds craved the good on their own.

For example, my supper last night was baked red potato rounds, bbq'ed asparagus with steamed broccoli, french beans and baby carrots . My mouth watered as I at it as much as I used to eating a big mac meal.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

And good news my mom said they do pay sick leave for any surgery with note from doctor. She had elective breast reduction and it covered it. So I should be good to go for February! *crosses fingers*
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #843
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I do think after eating so much crap for years, it takes a while to readjust your taste buds to what is good. When I first started years ago, I forced lots of foods down that I didn't find too palatable, but over time, weaning myself from bad stuff and eating more of the good stuff my body and taste buds craved the good on their own.
True. I'll stand in line at the store looking at all the impulse buys... candy, chips, cookies and think I used to think NOTHING of grabbing one, two, THREE of those items for the ride home. Today my impulse buy for the ride home was an apple.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Okay Ladies, a while back I was given super advice about a good bra to try and now I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was. Any suggestions? I am about a 38 or 40B (still can't believe that when I say it...but I am). I need help finding a nice bra that isn't too padded... Thanks!!

PS: Today is 2 months post-op for my tummy tuck. I am back to 100% of my walking (with a little jogging) and I feel really good. It is still sometimes very hard to believe my huge pannus is gone - but I'm dealing with it! Today I tried on some dresses I thought for sure would be too small for me and yet a few 12's and even one size 10 fit! Never in my life did I ever wear a 10, and I only ever owned one size 12 dress (and I only wore it one time before I grew out of it). Talk about motivation to keep this weight off!
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 191 / 174 (-17)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #845

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/134/129-131
HT - I would suggest going to Victoria's Secret and trying on some bras. There are several I LOVE from there. Before wearing their bras I was feeling too small after my lift(without implants). While wearing their lift bras I feel fabulous now.
WTG with the walking!!! Walking is my exercise of choice which I do 6-7 days a week. Even though I've been in maintenance for months I track my calories daily using an online tracking site. I highly recommend this to all if you are not currently doing it. It's very eye opening.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/148.4/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Okay Ladies, a while back I was given super advice about a good bra to try and now I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was. Any suggestions? I am about a 38 or 40B (still can't believe that when I say it...but I am). I need help finding a nice bra that isn't too padded... Thanks!!

PS: Today is 2 months post-op for my tummy tuck. I am back to 100% of my walking (with a little jogging) and I feel really good. It is still sometimes very hard to believe my huge pannus is gone - but I'm dealing with it! Today I tried on some dresses I thought for sure would be too small for me and yet a few 12's and even one size 10 fit! Never in my life did I ever wear a 10, and I only ever owned one size 12 dress (and I only wore it one time before I grew out of it). Talk about motivation to keep this weight off!
Congratulations! I wear hanes concealing pedal underwires, super comfy and give great shape and inexpensive to boot
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the bra suggestions. Anyone else, please throw me your two cents! I will be going shopping for some in a few days. If anyone has a general suggestion for where to get good, supportive undergarments (think high-waisted and long-legged girdle/similar...) or great pantyhose please let me know! It is high time I start addressing my lack of clothing that fits!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #848

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
I actually got spoiled with genie bras (extreme comfort, good support)... here's me today in a light blue genie bra with a similarly colored spaghetti strap tank. Also, my arm scar is the same color as my skin now. The placement of the scar was always good... now that it's skin color, I am comfortable going sleeveless in bright sunlight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hoop pose.jpg (25.9 KB, 108 views)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

I've wondered about those bras - I may have to try one. How long has it been since your arm surgery (PS: You look great!)? My arms have healed kinda badly...theleft once especially, and they are still quite red, too. My dermatologist said I needed to talk to my plastic surgeon...about either shots into them or maybe even revision surgery. Well, the surgery is NOT an option. The shots don't thrill me either - except maybe she could do that while I was under for my thighs... I see her Friday so I will see what she has to say. I do have to say I was not at all pleased with my visit to my dermatologist (he seemed kinda tired or irritated, looked at the chart, not me, and asked, "So, are you keeping the weight off?" I said, "Um, when you saw me last I had lost about 75 pounds. I've now lost over 200 and yes, I'd say I'm keeping it off so far." Boy did that tick me off!) and I'll take what he said with a big grain of salt. If I've learned nothing else on here I've learned that we all heal differently and all bets are off in terms of timelines, complications, and best case scenarios...
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I've wondered about those bras - I may have to try one. How long has it been since your arm surgery (PS: You look great!)? My arms have healed kinda badly...theleft once especially, and they are still quite red, too. My dermatologist said I needed to talk to my plastic surgeon...about either shots into them or maybe even revision surgery. Well, the surgery is NOT an option. The shots don't thrill me either - except maybe she could do that while I was under for my thighs... I see her Friday so I will see what she has to say. I do have to say I was not at all pleased with my visit to my dermatologist (he seemed kinda tired or irritated, looked at the chart, not me, and asked, "So, are you keeping the weight off?" I said, "Um, when you saw me last I had lost about 75 pounds. I've now lost over 200 and yes, I'd say I'm keeping it off so far." Boy did that tick me off!) and I'll take what he said with a big grain of salt. If I've learned nothing else on here I've learned that we all heal differently and all bets are off in terms of timelines, complications, and best case scenarios...
My arm surgery and torso lift were June 2011. My breast lift and neck lift were December 2011.

Sorry the derm was rude/insensitive. What is the shot?

Last edited by Maryposa; 09-09-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #851

forgot to say that I prefer the genie bra with the "modesty" pads... Saturday I wore a light colored shirt to a class and a genie bra without the pads and my high beams were showing lol oops. The modesty pads are not to increase size (they are thin but formed and rigid enough to do the job).
Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #852

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- try Soma if there is a store near you for bras, very supportive!!!!

Mary- You look great hun, I cant even see a scar!!!

Heidi- Yeah for the surgery! You will be thrilled you did it!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #853

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I actually got spoiled with genie bras (extreme comfort, good support)... here's me today in a light blue genie bra with a similarly colored spaghetti strap tank. Also, my arm scar is the same color as my skin now. The placement of the scar was always good... now that it's skin color, I am comfortable going sleeveless in bright sunlight.
Does it really support you? If you don't mind, what size are you? You look awesome BTW.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #854

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I could not imagine using a genie bra... it wouldn't offer me the lift and support I need since I've lost all my boobage. I would still be tube sock shaped!

I have to have a padded push up bra. Not full coverage, but average. None of that demi bra stuff though. Even then I can't fill out the cups because my "round" is gone. It's more like wrinkled and rolled.

Honestly, I just use bras from Walmart or Target. I have a few from JCP. I don't keep them long as I bore of them or they stop fitting. And I didn't want to spend $$$ on bras I'd need to change once I got my girls fixed. I'll save VS for then. I have a bra and panty "fetish". They don't have to MATCH (same pattern, lace etc) but they have to coordinate. So if my bra is pink my panties must coordinate with pink... etc. I feel off all day if they don't.

This also applies to my workout panties and my sports bras. They must also "go".
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I just ordered some Genie bras based on Mary's recommendation. I need something during this transition period. I am a huge VS gal when I can fit in them. Boy, their prices have gone up since I used to buy them. I am very much a matching set person again, when I can wear them. They used to have adorable clothing, my entire thin clothing wardrobe is from there. I can't wait to get back in VS Jammie's and clothes. I always felt so sexy wearing them.

I have been reading this thread with interest, it is becoming very clear plastics are in my future.

Mary, you look fabulous...you are a true inspiration.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #856

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Does it really support you? If you don't mind, what size are you? You look awesome BTW.
Yes, it does... but then again, I used them before my breast lift and I don't remember how good they were or not... but I do know I wore them to work, so it must have been decent lol

I am between a 36 C and D. I "measure" D, but I'm not, quite. I think it has to do with being "wide set". Before my BL, I was a D-DD. Before weight loss, I was squeezing into a 44DD.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #857
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not sure exactly what I need - the breast lift really improved where they are - what I need now is to improve how the look while they are there. lol Like Mary kinda said, I measure one way but think I look another way. My boobs are kinda spread out, versus "projecting." I need something to reign them in and make them look decent. I will be checking out VS and Soma soon and I'll look into the Genie bras, too. I've never been able to really even try to match my underwear to my bras, but now I'd like to do that, too... Very new territory for me!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #858

Yellow- I am like you my bras and panties must be the same color and my workout clothes must match, LOL Whenever I get a new workout top I get a matching workout bra!!!!! VS has gotten even more expensive I love their clothes but the quality has been crap all they have in the store is yoga pants and workout stuff then you order an $80 dress and it feels like a dishrag I hate that!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Yellow- I am like you my bras and panties must be the same color and my workout clothes must match, LOL Whenever I get a new workout top I get a matching workout bra!!!!! VS has gotten even more expensive I love their clothes but the quality has been crap all they have in the store is yoga pants and workout stuff then you order an $80 dress and it feels like a dishrag I hate that!!!!!!!!!
That is too bad to hear about VS. I LOVED their clothes , undies and Jammie's back in the day. I used to order tons of stuff all the time and always got a lot of compliments on my wardrobe. They used to have a country line that had the best stuff. It wasn't "country" stuff but cute, cute, cute.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #860
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewmemii
Stats: 280/224/150
Start Date: Dec 19, 2011
Well, I finally made it through this thread after reading it for the last three days...I just want to thank you all for your frank honesty and your opinions. My VSG was on Jan. 2 this year and I have lost more than half of what I need to lose. I have about seventy pounds to go. By then I'm pretty sure I will be a candidate for a little plastic surgery. I know there will be some apron to take care of but I caught a glimpse of my thighs the other day......I look like a curtain valance. Here's a link to a pic from Flickr that shows what I mean: suspended theater valance with fringe trimming | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Anyway, thanks for the discussions. I'll be starting my PS savings account this week!
anewmemii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #861

Congrats Anewme!! OMG that cracked me up the theater curtain, LOL Pretty much my thighs and butt at this point!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmemii View Post
I know there will be some apron to take care of but I caught a glimpse of my thighs the other day......I look like a curtain valance. Here's a link to a pic from Flickr that shows what I mean: suspended theater valance with fringe trimming | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
That's like, the perfect comparison! My thighs are that "shape" as well. Lovely isn't it? lol Congrats on all your weight loss! Keep up the great work!

About the genie bra, I'm like Yellow and couldn't see it properly supporting my type of girls. My dad got my mom one for Christmas last year, and she didn't find it supported her enough as well. I think it's good if you still have enough plump girls to fill 'em lol.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #863

I like to say my boobs are tube socks with tennis balls, LOL There is no genie that can fix this or hold them! And the fat on the sides that bunches up, ughghg I told the PS when I get my boobs done I want that hacked!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #864
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewmemii
Stats: 280/224/150
Start Date: Dec 19, 2011
Bejewelme, I have that, too...the tube socks and the side fat Did your PS tell you how the get rid of the side fat? Is it part of one of the other surgeries?
anewmemii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I like to say my boobs are tube socks with tennis balls, LOL There is no genie that can fix this or hold them! And the fat on the sides that bunches up, ughghg I told the PS when I get my boobs done I want that hacked!
You're hilarious! Mine are tube socks too, and I always had the side fat as well; however, I've noticed since dropping down to 175lbs and yoga they are mostly gone! I found that side skin made bra shopping the worst. Most bras were never wide enough under the arm for me. Most are still way too narrow, but at least I've been able to expand my horizons a little lately! lol

Side note edit: My mom finally had a breast reduction (poor dented-shouldered soul) several years ago, so essentially, my 63 year old mom has way nicer titties than I do lol. And so, to say, even with her nice boobs the genie still didn't offer proper support for her.

Last edited by Heidi; 09-14-2012 at 04:51 PM..
Old 09-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #866

PS said that he can make a horizontal cut out the sides to remove the skin, I am having that done with the boob lift, I would love to be at 175 as my final weight but it is so hard to lose anymore, since weight gain or loss now really effects the boobs I am waiting to see if I can keep moving weight and working out like a nut!!!!! I have gained 15 pounds thru losing my job, quitting smoking, trips etc luckily most of it returned to my boobs, LOL The scar will lay under a bra or bikini line and to me it is worth it, that skin and residual fat that pushes up drives me nuts, almost worse than my thighs!!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #867
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone. Went to the PS yesterday. It is now about 9 weeks since my tummy tuck. She was very happy with things - the scars are pretty thin and my swelling is all but gone (except right down the front scar between my new belly button and my pubic bone, which she said will still go down slightly in time). There are two areas that are a bit puffy - one above my left thigh and the other above the new belly button, but she said she will do a little lipo during the thigh lift to fix them. She is also going to give me injections in my arm scars to soften and flatten them, although she says it will also potentially darken them a bit and I will most likely need more than one session of shots. She said the shots hurt, but we'll do the first shots while I'm knocked out, so I'm happy with that. Oh - my thigh surgery is currently scheduled for 12/27/12.

Okay, a few of you are possibly waiting to see some updated pics. I give my word I am going to take some today!!! I will upload them to photobucket today and let you know when you can access them.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 09-15-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #868

side flab.... I had 12" removed off of one side, and about 10" off the other in an upper body lift. Then when I had my breast lift, Dr. Agha removed another 2" or so! Hmmm... I really hesitate to post pics... but maybe I will if someone wants me to? Let me know.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #869

yes post or send a link in pm if you feel more comfortable??? I want that boobage fat on the sides gone, in my workout clothes it pushes up, I hate it!!!

HT- I am so glad you are feeling so good, that is awesome, I cant wait to see the thigh lift, if you make it through I will think about doing it, maybe, I am a big chicken!! LOL
Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #870
Blabbermouth!!!

IF I make it through?!?!? You're freaking me out!

Bad news - I still have some side fat/puffiness after my breast lift. Good news is I still look 1000% better than I did. Consider this: She took 27cm of skin off (that's probably about 8 inches?) and moved my girls (nips) up 17cm - about 4 inches! They were also pointing down - now they are perky!

I went to Victoria's Secret today (for the first time in my entire life...) and things fit. Everything fit! Even underwear! I. AM. SHOCKED. One bra seemed too small and I told the girl, well, I finally got one that just isn't going to work. She looked at it and she had brought me one that was a size too small! lol So, I spent more on a few bras and panties today that I normally spend in maybe 3 years. Oh well. I deserve to look and feel pretty. That's the other thing. MY. UNDERWEAR. MATCHES. Never - I repeat, NEVER In my life have I had bras and panties that match. I could never find things in my size and/or when I was super heavy they just looked horrific. This stuff looks good. I kinda teared up on the way home thinking about it. I'm pretty happy right now - despite the big bill that will be sent my way in a few weeks. In a way it was worth it.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 09-16-2012 at 03:02 PM..