Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Oh heck pretty soon you will be showing everyone, LOL I swear to God I am constantly pulling up my dresses to show my belly, LOL And I was not like that!!!!

That is so funny about the underwear I remember I went to VS before surgery bought like 20 pair of underwear and thought I hope I fit in these and I threw all those granny panties away, why was the underwear the last huge thing to go? Wait til you go to VS and get all those pretty panties the mental thing takes awhile to catch up I totally get you, I had lost my sexy some time ago, but now it is coming back now that I am starting to feel better, Tony is like WTH happened to you? But he likes it! LOL
You girls are funny. For a while I was showing everyone (females) my boobs. (Well, I may have showed them to other than the femaies) I had never had any boobs except for A and B cups even when I was fat.

Speaking of panties, my cousin told me to try thongs which I thought I would hate, but I bought one pair and like them and you have no panty lines. Well, Steinmart had a lingerie sale last week and 50% More off RedDot clearance. I bought SEVENTEEN pairs of thongs for less than a dollar pair. I won't have to wash panties for weeks!! And, they are all pretty.

I definitely have a cross addiction to shopping for clothes bargains.

Last edited by clmoore; 07-24-2012 at 05:44 PM..
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #722
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I don't know a thong would still show my sharpei butt, LOL I love a bargain too!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #723
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
I LOVE a bargain too, and now I am regretting not going over to SM! I DO have a few thongs, but, my butt doesn't look so great even with all the walking I do. I hate that I no longer have a butt, lol.

Amber, LOVE YOUR NEW AVI!!! You are hawt.

Thanks ALL for your kind words. It continues to be an effort every day. I walk daily, and count calories. I STILL struggle with sugar.

CLMoore - you are my hero. You are beautiful!!

HotTamale - so happy your healing is going so well.

Heidi - hope you are able to have surgery very soon.

To all the lurkers. IT IS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT...DO IT!!!
__________________
Marie


The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.



Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I went from a big fat, flat butt to a non-existent, flat butt! I (normally walk about 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week) will say its not too jiggly, but then again, its barely there - except for the wrinkles!! Still, I'll take it!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #725
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I went from a big fat, flat butt to a non-existent, flat butt! I (normally walk about 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week) will say its not too jiggly, but then again, its barely there - except for the wrinkles!! Still, I'll take it!
We have the exact butt, LOL!!! Yep, I will take it. I will be 50 in a few months, and am thrilled with my body at this age.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I hear you. I will be 45 shortly and right this second, even with the swelling, I have never in my adult life been this small, had this flat a stomach, or been as fit as I am right now. Despite all my grumbling and complaining, I am pretty pleased. I can't wait to be able to get this drain out and start walking again. I just wanna get on with my life, you know?

Surgery update: 2.5 week post-surgical doc appt this afternoon... My drain was just a hair over 25cc's at 24 hours. I REALLY HOPE she takes the drain out...but I will deal if she doesn't. I'll update later, of course!
__________________
The big question is: How badly do you want this!?!
"If it was easy everybody would be doing it." --Me!
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought...What we think we become.” Buddha
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-25-2012 at 06:29 AM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!
 
tybeeanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern, IL
Posts: 2,865
Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Hot Tamale I am so HAPPY for you. Your incision looks like it is healing really well. I am so proud for you. The assistant for my Dr said to me in the middle of my 6 mo weight management appt,I just want you to know you should be happy with the body God gave you, I wanted to tell her the body God gave me weighed 7lbs That this was not what God had in mind. This mess was all my doing. But I kept my mouth shut. I so want to get to where you are Again YOU LOOK WONDERFUL
__________________
If hunger is not the problem ~ then eating is not the solution.~Author Unknown I really need to remember this late at night
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #728
Blabbermouth!!!
 
wastednuffime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here!!
Posts: 5,145
Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Hot Tamale...





You look wonderful!!! Your surgeon did a beautiful job! As a nurse, I've seen it all. I can't believe that you are only a short time out -post-op. I had to go back and re-read just to make sure of the time line...
.Amazing,..and no doubt your user name fits you quite well..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #729
Senior LCF Member
 
Heidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 75
Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
You girls are too funny!

I would love to wear me some sexay panties! *fingers crossed*

HT... it appears I can't PM? I usually do know my way around forums but I just can't seem to find that option! lol Maybe my settings are off. Can you try pm'ing me the info?
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #730
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
You girls are so kind, you are making me cry! Thank you for all the sweet comments. I worked hard to get here - maybe this is my pay-off. I do, litreally, thank God, too, for allowing me to come this far. However, I don't wanna jinx this, so I will hush now!

PS: The drain is OUT! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I feel better already. She gave me the green light to walk again (as I can tolerate it) and even start swimming tomorrow! However, seeing how ragged the drain area looked, I will wait a few more days for swimming, for sure.

PPS: I got all the clothes I have recently ordered today. Everything fit! I almost fainted. Even the boots I got fit! My only real issue is that some of the dresses only come to the knee. I still have somewhat heavy legs, so I am debating either returning them for more flowy styles or wearing stockings... I am not complaining, though - I just never thought I'd have this problem!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-25-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
You girls are so kind, you are making me cry! Thank you for all the sweet comments. I worked hard to get here - maybe this is my pay-off. I do, litreally, thank God, too, for allowing me to come this far. However, I don't wanna jinx this, so I will hush now!

Heidi - On photobucket my name is phoenix1932 and my password is hot tamale. I'll leave this on here for a while. You are too new to get im's - I think you need to have 50 or 100 posts...

PS: The drain is OUT! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I feel better already. She gave me the green light to walk again (as I can tolerate it) and even start swimming tomorrow! However, seeing how ragged the drain area looked, I will wait a few more days for swimming, for sure.

PPS: I got all the clothes I have recently ordered today. Everything fit! I almost fainted. Even the boots I got fit! My only real issue is that some of the dresses only come to the knee. I still have somewhat heavy legs, so I am debating either returning them for more flowy styles or wearing stockings... I am not complaining, though - I just never thought I'd have this problem!
Yay for freedom from the drain! Keep wearing your compression garment!

Fun about all the new clothes fitting, too!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #732
Major LCF Poster!
 
NWLoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LaLa Land
Posts: 2,839
Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hi all. I have lurked on this thread and this forum for the last 2 years and feel I know you all. You are such a great bunch of ladies. I have lost 120 lb. and desperately need surgeries, also. I am a little scared and my daughter keeps trying to talk me out of having any. I definitely need something done in the breast area as they are just hanging and I have always had a very large bust. They are not even close to proportion to the rest of me. And as for the stomach and apron area. Yikes is all I can say. I can't even imagine having a flat stomach. That would be a dream come true. I can't even remember ever having one. I must of though when I was little.

So happy to hear that things are going well Hot Tamale. I greatly admire you. You have come a long ways. Congrats to all of you who have lost weight. I do not think WLS is an easy way out as some in the general public think. I did not have it but I totally understand it is a tool. So good job all of you!

I just wanted to add that I am happy each day when I read these threads and you have reached new goals/NSV. Woohoo!
__________________
Weight Loss Since Dec. 2006 = 120 lbs.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #733
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- I would not swim for a few weeks just cause of the water and possible infection, I am just funny that way. Yeah on the drain out, you might swell a little but that is normal! Yeah on the clothes!!!!!

Tights are my best friend, they make your legs look awesome and hide my terrible bulging veins, I found ones that look like sun tanned legs, they come from England I have a GF that sends them, but the assets tights are target rock!!!

I keep thinking someone is going to take this tummy away from me, LOL

NW- get what you feel you need, you accomplished a lot, I think for people like myself that were always huge it is needed physically and mentally!

Heidi- you will get sexy panties!!!!!!!
__________________
http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wB47MwP/weight.png
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #734
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
HT- I would not swim for a few weeks just cause of the water and possible infection, I am just funny that way.
I agree on the NO SWIMMING. I am a freak about worrying about infections in incisions. I was told NOT to submerse myself in any tub of water, etc. for a few weeks. I waited longer. I don't want any germs making their way inside any little opening that might be around the incisions.

Welcome NWloser!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #735
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
I agree on the NO SWIMMING. I am a freak about worrying about infections in incisions. I was told NOT to submerse myself in any tub of water, etc. for a few weeks. I waited longer. I don't want any germs making their way inside any little opening that might be around the incisions.

Welcome NWloser!
Same here, I think it was 4-6 weeks or more before I was given permission to take a bath. Whatever it was, I waited about a month AFTER that. I love my baths, but, it wasn't worth the risk.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Thanks, Ladies - I had no intentions of doing it tomorrow - and I agree - I'll wait a few more weeks for sure. I don't want to take any chances with the healing!

I will absolutely be looking into tights and thicker pantyhose. Also, Spanx or Assets are next on my hit list. I decided the one dress was just a bit too clingy and short, but had my DD14 try it on. Sung on me, a bit loose on her. She loved it...go figure!

Welcome NWLoser - I agree with the others that these surgeries are life-changing and if you feel that strongly about disliking something about yourself you should at least get a consult and see what you might want to do. I'd also encourage everyone that, although it isn't cheap, if you start saving a bit every month now that it will help a lot when you get to the point where you want it done. I owe CareCredit, Visa, and the bank of dad, but I'd still do it again in a second!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-25-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #737
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Regarding the cost of these surgeries, I know I DON'T have to justify what I spend my money on to anyone, but in my support group meetings I have told them that my insurance did not pay for my RNY gastric bypass or any of my cosmetic surgeries. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars in the last four years, but I have improved my health and it was my choice.

I don't go on vacations or out partying. I drive a nine year old paid for Volvo and will take care of it and drive it for many more years. I work 60+ hours a week and saved my money for all of this. IT IS WORTH IT!

Last edited by clmoore; 07-25-2012 at 05:36 PM..
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #738
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Regarding the cost of these surgeries, I know I DON'T have to justify what I spend my money on to anyone, but in my support group meetings I have told them that my insurance did not pay for my RNY gastric bypass or any of my cosmetic surgeries. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars in the last four years, but I have improved my health and it was my choice.

I don't go on vacations or out partying. I drive a nine year old paid for Volvo and will take care of it and drive it for many more years. I work 60+ hours a week and saved my money for all of this. IT IS WORTH IT!
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #739
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yep I used care credit and my tummy is thanks to my ex, I hocked a bunch of jewelry he got me when gold was high, LOL Let me tell you I look at my diamond ring and think, there is my new thighs and boobs, LOL All the money spent is worth it, I have no regrets we only go on this life ride once so make the most of it.

HT- glad you are feeling so good, funny about the kids, doesn't that kill you that you can wear your daughters clothes, I wore Bobby's shirts on vacation, and he was like Mom I cant believe you can wear my clothes now, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!
 
clmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,344
Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Let me tell you I look at my diamond ring and think, there is my new thighs and boobs, LOL
Love that!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #741
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yes, wearing my daughter's clothes is so weird to me - and to her! I don't think she likes it very much. Oh well!

Okay - I posted this on other threads, so if you've seen it, please ignore it. Just want to post it but too lazy to rewrite it!:

Ok, so I finally lost the 204th pound. I was 185.3 today. I drank more water (thanks, Heather) and I think that may have helped. I also went to Target and went through their sale things. And - AND!!! I tried on a pair of button up and zip pants (haven't even attempted that since about 2003 - and those were a size 30 or something) in a size 16 and THEY FIT! They were even baggy in places. I did't buy them, cause I know I'm still quite swollen, but I stood there in the fitting room almost in tears. Everything fit...it was so surreal to me.

I find shopping right now to be totally overwhelming. I am used to maybe 3 choices...not 50! I have to sit back, figure out what I really need, and just go for those one or two items at a time. I do think I have enough clothes for the first week or two back to work, so that will have to do for now.

Okay, next NSV. I walked today! I got up at 6:10 and walked a little over a mile. It was good to be back. Also, I wore a yoga-like top with a racer back and my old capri yoga pants (I used to wear baggy t-shirts without fail...). I saw an older guy I often see and asked him where his wife was when I got close enough to talk without yelling. He did not know it was me! He gushed and gushed about how great I looked and totally made my day. Then as I turned and walked away he calls out, "... and hey, nice butt!" LOL I almost died! No one has EVER told me that in my life. I was embarassed, and proud, and laughing at the same time. What a morning!

Have a good day everyone! I wish my 1st husband had given me anything of value - I'd pawn that crap in a second to get my thighs done!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #742
Blabbermouth!!!
 
wastednuffime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here!!
Posts: 5,145
Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
HT,...

That is fantastic!!!!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!
 
NWLoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LaLa Land
Posts: 2,839
Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Ok, so I finally lost the 204th pound. I was 185.3 today. I drank more water (thanks, Heather) and I think that may have helped. I also went to Target and went through their sale things. And - AND!!! I tried on a pair of button up and zip pants (haven't even attempted that since about 2003 - and those were a size 30 or something) in a size 16 and THEY FIT! They were even baggy in places. I did't buy them, cause I know I'm still quite swollen, but I stood there in the fitting room almost in tears. Everything fit...it was so surreal to me.

I find shopping right now to be totally overwhelming. I am used to maybe 3 choices...not 50! I have to sit back, figure out what I really need, and just go for those one or two items at a time. I do think I have enough clothes for the first week or two back to work, so that will have to do for now.

Okay, next NSV. I walked today! I got up at 6:10 and walked a little over a mile. It was good to be back. Also, I wore a yoga-like top with a racer back and my old capri yoga pants (I used to wear baggy t-shirts without fail...). I saw an older guy I often see and asked him where his wife was when I got close enough to talk without yelling. He did not know it was me! He gushed and gushed about how great I looked and totally made my day. Then as I turned and walked away he calls out, "... and hey, nice butt!" LOL I almost died! No one has EVER told me that in my life. I was embarassed, and proud, and laughing at the same time. What a morning!
Congratulations on 204 lb gone forever! That is so awesome. And how cool is it that you can wear your daughter's clothes.

I love your NSV moment with the guy. What a compliment. I have never had anyone tell me I have a nice butt. Now my mom is always telling me I don't have one! I think you should be proud of how far you have come.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #744
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Cruzcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Yes, wearing my daughter's clothes is so weird to me - and to her! I don't think she likes it very much. Oh well!

Okay - I posted this on other threads, so if you've seen it, please ignore it. Just want to post it but too lazy to rewrite it!:

Ok, so I finally lost the 204th pound. I was 185.3 today. I drank more water (thanks, Heather) and I think that may have helped. I also went to Target and went through their sale things. And - AND!!! I tried on a pair of button up and zip pants (haven't even attempted that since about 2003 - and those were a size 30 or something) in a size 16 and THEY FIT! They were even baggy in places. I did't buy them, cause I know I'm still quite swollen, but I stood there in the fitting room almost in tears. Everything fit...it was so surreal to me.

I find shopping right now to be totally overwhelming. I am used to maybe 3 choices...not 50! I have to sit back, figure out what I really need, and just go for those one or two items at a time. I do think I have enough clothes for the first week or two back to work, so that will have to do for now.

Okay, next NSV. I walked today! I got up at 6:10 and walked a little over a mile. It was good to be back. Also, I wore a yoga-like top with a racer back and my old capri yoga pants (I used to wear baggy t-shirts without fail...). I saw an older guy I often see and asked him where his wife was when I got close enough to talk without yelling. He did not know it was me! He gushed and gushed about how great I looked and totally made my day. Then as I turned and walked away he calls out, "... and hey, nice butt!" LOL I almost died! No one has EVER told me that in my life. I was embarassed, and proud, and laughing at the same time. What a morning!

Have a good day everyone! I wish my 1st husband had given me anything of value - I'd pawn that crap in a second to get my thighs done!!!
Your post put a HUGE smile on my face, especially the guys comment!!.

I am so, so happy for you!! It only gets better.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #745
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- that is great!!! That is such a great day dude you are going to settle way smaller than a 16 you are like a 10 or 12! Just you wait there is a ton of swelling to go down yet! I love that the guy you see everyday didnt know you!!!! And see how it is wearing tight stuff instead of baggie stuff? So much better!!! Yeah I had the diamond set for this wedding so Tony didnt have to spend that money, but now I think, get me a cheap one and let me hock this big one, LOL All I can think about it no more boobs dragging on the floor, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
LOL Boobs dragging on the floor, huh? LOL

Thanks Everyone! Today was one for the record books, for sure. I so appreciate all of your comments! Next time I wear that I'll take a new picture, too!
PS: I don't think I have ANY butt to speak of, but maybe all that walking has left me with something worth looking at. I've never even considered it! LOL
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #747
Major LCF Poster!
 
Izzysdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,254
Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Yes, wearing my daughter's clothes is so weird to me - and to her! I don't think she likes it very much. Oh well!

Okay - I posted this on other threads, so if you've seen it, please ignore it. Just want to post it but too lazy to rewrite it!:

Ok, so I finally lost the 204th pound. I was 185.3 today. I drank more water (thanks, Heather) and I think that may have helped. I also went to Target and went through their sale things. And - AND!!! I tried on a pair of button up and zip pants (haven't even attempted that since about 2003 - and those were a size 30 or something) in a size 16 and THEY FIT! They were even baggy in places. I did't buy them, cause I know I'm still quite swollen, but I stood there in the fitting room almost in tears. Everything fit...it was so surreal to me.

I find shopping right now to be totally overwhelming. I am used to maybe 3 choices...not 50! I have to sit back, figure out what I really need, and just go for those one or two items at a time. I do think I have enough clothes for the first week or two back to work, so that will have to do for now.

Okay, next NSV. I walked today! I got up at 6:10 and walked a little over a mile. It was good to be back. Also, I wore a yoga-like top with a racer back and my old capri yoga pants (I used to wear baggy t-shirts without fail...). I saw an older guy I often see and asked him where his wife was when I got close enough to talk without yelling. He did not know it was me! He gushed and gushed about how great I looked and totally made my day. Then as I turned and walked away he calls out, "... and hey, nice butt!" LOL I almost died! No one has EVER told me that in my life. I was embarassed, and proud, and laughing at the same time. What a morning!

Have a good day everyone! I wish my 1st husband had given me anything of value - I'd pawn that crap in a second to get my thighs done!!!
Congratulations on the 204 pounds! Holy Cow you are THE inspiration! I saw your pics and what a huge difference! How long has it been? Your PS did a fabulous job!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #748
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,968
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Thank you, Izzy! Two years ago at this time I was around my all-time high of 389. I was 374 on the morning of my gastric bypass in November of 2010. From then til now I've lost the weight - careful eating and tons of exercise - with the help of the panniculectomy, which removed 17 additional pounds. I had the panniculectomy surgery on 7/9, so Monday will be 3 weeks. I have had a very decent recovery and I am very happy and feel very blessed about that. My arms and breast lift this past December involved a lot more continuous pain and took about 6 weeks until everything was finally healed. I have had much better luck with this surgery. My plastic surgeon is great - especially with this surgery. It was tough; she was very honest about everything she was going to try to do. She was also smart enough to not do my thighs at the same time... I see now I would have had such a hard time dealing with all of it together. Thanks again for your kind words - it makes it all just a bit easier!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!
 
Izzysdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,254
Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Thank you, Izzy! Two years ago at this time I was around my all-time high of 389. I was 374 on the morning of my gastric bypass in November of 2010. From then til now I've lost the weight - careful eating and tons of exercise - with the help of the panniculectomy, which removed 17 additional pounds. I had the panniculectomy surgery on 7/9, so Monday will be 3 weeks. I have had a very decent recovery and I am very happy and feel very blessed about that. My arms and breast lift this past December involved a lot more continuous pain and took about 6 weeks until everything was finally healed. I have had much better luck with this surgery. My plastic surgeon is great - especially with this surgery. It was tough; she was very honest about everything she was going to try to do. She was also smart enough to not do my thighs at the same time... I see now I would have had such a hard time dealing with all of it together. Thanks again for your kind words - it makes it all just a bit easier!
I was going to say in my last post that your arms look great! I was at peak swelling at 3 weeks. You are going to see dramatic changes over the next few months if not sooner!
I wish I could do my upper arms, thighs and butt, but going to settle for having those areas covered with clothes. My TT was a really hard recovery, was going to do the lower body lift but my ps talked me into doing the tt first. I'm glad because I got a case of skin necrosis (turned out minor) but with a circum cut it probably would have been alot worse...the tt is the best thing I ever did for myself. Hated that belly for 30 years! I'm 10 pounds heavier since the tt 4 years ago but it still looks really good!
__________________
[B]Journal time :http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...riment-35.html
P2 Start April 2, 2014
P3: April 25, 2014 Stabilization Phase
P4: May 16, 2014 Maintenance

Last edited by Izzysdream; 07-27-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #750
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Bejewelme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading/PA
Posts: 13,555
Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- I am off for vacation, you rest up ad I am sure you will continue to feel better and be amazed! My GF from college called me out of the blue, she had arm surgery 2 days ago and is dying of pain, I said you didnt tell me you were having that, she is going through a rough divorce and decided the batwigs had to go, I said it is funny how everyone reacts differently to surgery, for me the tummy was the worst, the arm easy. Your tummy is easier for you than arms and boobs. I am anxious to see her when I get back, and see how she is doing.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.