Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Continuing to recover...still have too much fluid draining to have the drains removed, but I expected it would take several days. I have been trying to eat right (protein, protein, protein) as well as...move things along in the bathroom department (have had some success, but it is generally still difficult). I walk through the house often & think I'm being pretty active. I am in a compression-type panty girdle which is annoying, but not as bad as the huge girdle I wore about 2 years ago at this time. Patience is a virtue I guess - wish I had more of it!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Continuing to recover...still have too much fluid draining to have the drains removed, but I expected it would take several days. I have been trying to eat right (protein, protein, protein) as well as...move things along in the bathroom department (have had some success, but it is generally still difficult). I walk through the house often & think I'm being pretty active. I am in a compression-type panty girdle which is annoying, but not as bad as the huge girdle I wore about 2 years ago at this time. Patience is a virtue I guess - wish I had more of it!
Sounds like you are doing what you should! Good girl!

My motto is still:

MOVE
PROTEIN
VITAMINS
COMPRESSION

And for the other issue, stool softeners and maybe Benefiber each day. I get the Target brands and use every day anyway per my gastro doctor. He says that is good for everyone...NOT LAXATIVES, but fiber and softeners.

Keep up the good work.

Does it feel weird having 17 pounds gone from your lower abdomen or can you tell any difference yet since you are swollen and sore? Seems like even your balance would be different.

So happy for you!
clmoore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #663
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yes what CLM said use fiber and stool softner not laxatives, it sounds like you are great!!! You must take pics for us, it is going to be so amazing!!!!! I am so glad you were able to have this done and can enjoy your new tummy!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my Lord, can I tell the difference. I cannot even tell you. I am floored - even with the swelling and all that good stuff. My pannus used to cover all but the last four or five inches of my thighs down to my knees. At my largest I couldn't even see my legs until my knees. Now? I could fit about 5 kids on my lap...I HAVE a lap now. I don't want to go on and on, but this was a very necessary and very good decision for me.

Now, ladies, I still have my drains - this is day 7. That is not uncommon, right? I see my doctor on Wednesday, if not sooner (depending on the amounts collected in the drains every day). I feel pretty swollen - especially from my new belly button up - I did have the fleur de lis tummy tuck, so there is an additional incision (including the belly button) to contend with. I am trying to be patient!

Last but not least, I will say this surgery ended up really affecting me emotionally and mentally. Yes, I lost a lot of weight, but this surgery has made such a huge difference in how I look that I am awestruck. I have wanted this for easily 25 years, but actually seeing it done is surreal. I'll try to do pictures soon.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #665

Aww HT, that made me cry, I so know how you feel, all the work to lose weight and then the mess we are left with, it is amazing!!!! I had my drains 28 freaking days, 28 long days and still got my seroma friend, so as big of a PIA as they are do not wish for it out too soon, leave it in, you swell worse after it is out, so better it is longer than out to soon! I am so glad that you are loving life!!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Bejewelme, You totally inspire me. I know this is worth it & I so appreciate your honesty with all of this.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Hot Tamale, If I may, Where did you have your surgery? I am thinking the fleur de lis tummy tuck would be the one i would want. I am so very happy for you. Like you I have needed this done for over 25 YEARS (((((HUGS))) & thanks
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Quote:

Last but not least, I will say this surgery ended up really affecting me emotionally and mentally. Yes, I lost a lot of weight, but this surgery has made such a huge difference in how I look that I am awestruck. I have wanted this for easily 25 years, but actually seeing it done is surreal. I'll try to do pictures soon.
You gave me goosebumps!! I'm so happy to read another positive story!

I didn't think I would get emotional but when the surgeon seemed confident in the way she was saying they would get rid of my pannus/thigh area, my throat tightened and my eyes instantly welled up. I can't imagine how I will react if I get it done! 17 more days until I find out!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #669

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Oh my Lord, can I tell the difference. I cannot even tell you. I am floored - even with the swelling and all that good stuff. My pannus used to cover all but the last four or five inches of my thighs down to my knees. At my largest I couldn't even see my legs until my knees. Now? I could fit about 5 kids on my lap...I HAVE a lap now. I don't want to go on and on, but this was a very necessary and very good decision for me.

Now, ladies, I still have my drains - this is day 7. That is not uncommon, right? I see my doctor on Wednesday, if not sooner (depending on the amounts collected in the drains every day). I feel pretty swollen - especially from my new belly button up - I did have the fleur de lis tummy tuck, so there is an additional incision (including the belly button) to contend with. I am trying to be patient!

I am not exaggerating when I say I am so happy for you I could cry. I haven't had my LBL yet but I just KNOW what you mean in this last segment, I am trying to prepare myself for that.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

So, so happy for you, HT!! It is good to be thankful for what we have lived through and I hope we all remember this when we get down and worry about gaining weight back, etc. I hope and pray I can keep mine off after all this. I NEVER want to go back to the way I was. My life is not perfect by any means, but the 100+ extra pounds of fat and the flab and disgust with myself is ONE less thing I have to deal with every day.

So thankful!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybeeanna View Post
Hot Tamale, If I may, Where did you have your surgery? I am thinking the fleur de lis tummy tuck would be the one i would want. I am so very happy for you. Like you I have needed this done for over 25 YEARS (((((HUGS))) & thanks
I have a great doctor in Sarasota, Florida who did this surgery. She actually removed my thicker gastric bypass scar when she did this surgery on the 9th. I have keloid tissue (it kinda "overheals...") so I'm sure this result may be improved (over what was there already). She also removed a c-section scar (which had busted open 3 days after I had it and had left quite a mess) as well as pounds and pounds of skin & fat). My supermodeling career will never take off due to the scars I'll have, but I'll deal with it! At this point I would suggest anyone who feels as strongly as I did start saving a little money every month towards it - you will not be disappointed. My insurance did cover 75% of this, but the 25% is still significant. That said, I'd pay for all of it if I needed to (read that as finance - I will be paying as it is for probably 5 years...) - it is worth it.

Good Luck, Tybeeanna!!! You will be amazed!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement. Looking down at myself in the doctor's office when she removed the bandages initially all I could think was, "Man, I will NEVER be able to gain a pound!" LOL Where would it go? With all the surgeries I've now had, any significant regain will look awful! I am prepared to fight this fight - thank God for that!

Those of you who have had plastic surgery, my hat, again, is off to you. I know how different it is from other surgeries, and how difficult it is, too. To everyone considering it I will tell you that it is difficult, but I think very worth it... Be prepared, however, for the unique type of pain involved as well as the time to fully recover and the mental and emotional ramifications of your surgeries. I read a research paper the other day about how people's self-image or body image changes after plastic surgery - specifically how people who have had WLS change, and what I found interesting is that, out of I think 40 original participants, only 22 or so actually went through with their procedures on schedule. That means almost 50% for whatever reason, didn't do it. And I know why, it is scary! It is, technically, elective in most cases, and it isn't cheap. Making this decision and then actually doing it is a huge thing. It is life-changing. I am so glad I did it.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #673

HT you make a huge point, it is a whole different level of pain, and like you said its elective, some people are fine with it, the one lady at the PS office lost like 80 pounds she is like I would love the result but I would never do it, now having been through it I think it takes a certain mental toughness and attitude to want to make these changes and I think deep down maybe some worry they will regain???

I am in debt up to my eyeballs paying for my surgery and guess what throw another 5K on the mountain of debt soon cause boobies are getting lifted, LOL I have no regrets it is the best money I ever spent!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #674

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
HT- WOW, Congrats to YOU!!!!! I am so happy for you. Your post really touched me.

Like some on this thread I paid for my surgery all out of pocket and IT WAS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT. I would rather have this over a NEW CAR or ANYTHING the same money would buy. As I shared, I ended up in the hospital with compressed lungs, and I would STILL do it all over again. We saved for it and did not have to finance it, but, if that was the only way to have it done, I WOULD HAVE. I did not have weight loss surgery, but, to be honest, I sometimes wonder if I would have kept the weight off had I not had this cosmetic surgery. I am so inspired to exercise daily and count my calories. I want to stay in my size 4's!!! Anyway, I could go on and on. My point to ALL is DO IT. You will have no regrets.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #675

Marie- I think I am like you I did it to not let myself regain!! It is a huge financial obligation and that keeps you sober with the eating! Marie- I am still getting drained weekly this damn seroma will not go away, ughghg it is ticking me off!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Marie- I think I am like you I did it to not let myself regain!! It is a huge financial obligation and that keeps you sober with the eating! Marie- I am still getting drained weekly this damn seroma will not go away, ughghg it is ticking me off!!!
That is the pits you are still getting drained.
I hesitate to mention this because VERY FEW people know, but, if it makes you feel any better I had to have some revision surgery on May 17. So, I have been going through this since November!!! I am starting ALL over with compression garment, scar maintenance everything! It's too much to get into, but, my surgeon and I were not 100% happy with the results. This was just 2 hours, and went off without a hitch. I am mainly out of my compression garment, thankfully. We are now 100% happy!!. I didn't tell my family until after the surgery. With all the problems I had the first time I just did not want to have to explain myself. It's been worth IT ALL.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #677

Oh No Marie!! I am sorry to hear that, that is what he said about mine, my scar is healing so nicely this darn seroma is right on my incision and he hates to cut in there and open me up for problems so he said give this a year--a year?????? But I am sooo glad that that scar is nice I do hate to open it, its not like it hurts or anything. When I get my boobs done I need lipo here and there, and then that is it, I guess my jiggly thighs will be remain!

Thank God you are OK from the surgery!!! Now back to the healing!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #678

Quote:
Oh No Marie!! I am sorry to hear that, that is what he said about mine, my scar is healing so nicely this darn seroma is right on my incision and he hates to cut in there and open me up for problems so he said give this a year--a year?????? But I am sooo glad that that scar is nice I do hate to open it, its not like it hurts or anything. When I get my boobs done I need lipo here and there, and then that is it, I guess my jiggly thighs will be remain!

Thank God you are OK from the surgery!!! Now back to the healing!!!
My last scar and this scar is beautiful, never any problems with the scar area AT ALL. I went on to lose more weight so had more loose skin. Plus, there was one area that was a bit indented, had been since post surgery, so it needed to be dealt with. I am completely happy, and my belly button is gorgeous, was the first time too. I love my surgeon. My breasts are small, but, I swear, they are a work of art, imo, LOL. Previously, my nipples were huge, and my breasts were different sizes. They are not as perky as they would be with implants, but, I am very happy. I found a great bra at VS(Fabulous) that looks great.

My thighs are jiggly too. I walk, but, that doesn't help the inside of my legs. I need to do some toning. I'll be 50 in a few months. No more surgery for me!!! We are out of money, lol. My husband is 14 years my senior and is retiring in a few months. When do you think you will have your lift?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #679

Maybe over the winter like Jan or Feb to heal before Spring, I am not wanting implants and will have to see how much is left, I do what the sides like where my bra hits I have so much skin, its like skin everywhere it is gross, but even being a bigger person this is so much better, I feel so much better about myself! I wanted to feel normal and that is how I feel just normal!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I feel so much better about myself! I wanted to feel normal and that is how I feel just normal!
Maybe a NORMAL beauty queen!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Maybe a NORMAL beauty queen!
I agree. Amber is GORGEOUS!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #682

You girls are crazy!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

No they aren't, you're a knock-out!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #684

Hot Tamale-

how is it going with the drains? Hang in there. It will be a lot easier once those are removed.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

One drain actually stopped working for a while. I don't know if it got pinched or clogged or what. Thankfully it is working again now - but what a miserable night. I also had to go for bloodwork today and had to wait 90 minutes for my turn! Needless to say, this is not one of my better days.

I go see my doctor tomorrow, and I think she'll take one of the drains out because its under 25cc's a day now. The other will stay in - maybe until Monday's thigh surgery. I am not 100% for another surgery, but I will talk to her about it and make sure it is okay to do it, etc... I'm already miserable - why not just extend it a few more weeks.

My incisions are all staying shut and healing. I look a little swollen here and there, but I know that is to be expected. I'm just looking forward to a few months from now when all this is past me.

All in all, a week and a day post-op I still do not regret what I had done one bit. Just wish I was a lot more patient.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #686

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
HT I think I missed something... I thought your thigh surgery was a "possibly" for a couple/few months from now? You are having it in a couple of days?? wow, go you!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #687
Blabbermouth!!!

lol I know it sounds crazy, but my work schedule doesn't allow for it for several months and I have decided - based on what the doc says, that I should just do it now and be done with it. I see her tomorrow, so I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #688

OMG hun I will be praying hard for you one week out is nothing, you are doing great, my darn drains were always clogged, he showed Tony how to strip them to clear them out, I felt like Violet in Willy Wonka when they backed up, LOL

Good luck with your thighs, you are going to be fine!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

This is all a pain in the butt, but I intend to rock it!!! The next couple weeks will be uncomfortable, but two months from now I'll be just happier and happier! Bring on the financing!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is all a pain in the butt, but I intend to rock it!!! The next couple weeks will be uncomfortable, but two months from now I'll be just happier and happier! Bring on the financing!!
Good attitude. Just be very safe and do what your doctor advises.

Which type thigh surgery is your doctor performing?