Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hot Tamale- good luck tomorrow hun, I will be praying hard for you, it is rough in the beginning but I just pranced around Myrtle Beach in a bikini all week and let me tell you it was all worth it!!!!!!!! I cant tell you what it was like walking around without a mumu cover up and having a flat tummy! you are going to be fine!!!!

Heidi- you must stop smoking, I was a smoker for 25 years, and I knew I wanted this surgery, I quit 1/17/12 my surgery was 3/2/12, I am almost at 6 months, I still think about it everyday but for me it is like crack I know if I go back and have even one puff I will be hooked, I think I gained a little weight from stopping, but it is still worth it!! We were just down in Myrtle Beach and cigs are so cheap, and I was like thank God I finally quit those things! My healing was hard enough I cant imagine if I still smoked, it is way to risky to chance smoking, my doc will test you if he thinks you are still smoking or if he smells it on you.

After the smoking lecture I forgot to mention you look amazing!!!! I seem to hang around 205-208 I am wearing 12's and some 10's, and I am ok, now I was away and ate and drank and gained 17 pounds I am a sponge, as soon as I eat bad I gain, so now it is back to business! We leave for St. Kitts 7/29!! So I gotta get this bloat off before hand!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 07-09-2012 at 07:53 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I seem to hang around 205-208 I am wearing 12's and some 10's, and I am ok, now I was away and ate and drank and gained 17 pounds I am a sponge, as soon as I eat bad I gain, so now it is back to business! We leave for St. Kitts 7/29!! So I gotta get this bloat off before hand!
"A Sponge" is a good way to put it! I am amazed at how fast the scale goes up with just a few more calories. It sure doesn't come back off as fast as it goes on!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #633

CLM how are your poor tootsies???

I gained 22 pounds on our honeymoon and I had all that and more off in 2 weeks it is crazy!!! I think its the booze, LOL I got hooked on these fruity sugary frozen things, OMG they were so good when it was so hot out!!! LOL I do this and know I will pay for it, but it is worth it when you are so strict all the time to cut loose and not worry Tony was really glad to see me enjoy and not be all whiny what is 2 or 3 weeks a year out of 52??
Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CLM how are your poor tootsies???

I gained 22 pounds on our honeymoon and I had all that and more off in 2 weeks it is crazy!!! I think its the booze, LOL I got hooked on these fruity sugary frozen things, OMG they were so good when it was so hot out!!! LOL I do this and know I will pay for it, but it is worth it when you are so strict all the time to cut loose and not worry Tony was really glad to see me enjoy and not be all whiny what is 2 or 3 weeks a year out of 52??
Hey, Gorgeous!

My tootsies are coming along. It will be five weeks on Wednesday. I had all eight pins removed from my toes last Tuesday and it didn't hurt... just felt like pressure with them being pulled out. But, the upper end of my feet are no longer wrapped and I think without compression, they are swelling more. My toes look like fat vienna sausages. I am going to a physical therapist friend today and she is going to show me how to wrap them to help with swelling.

I am keeping them up on stool with a pillow under my desk so they don't hang down and swell more.

I also get to shower without duct-taping plastic bags over my feet now.

Going to get xrayed again next week and doctor says if she sees any issues, she will have me start wearing the ortho boots for a while... lovely!

No pretty sandals for me this summer!!

Thanks for asking!

Here's the update from last week's visit:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pins out Day JPG.jpg (34.3 KB, 66 views)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #635

Holy crap that looks bad, but wow you can see the swelling is much less in the pins to no pins pic, this was the worst surgery huh? OMG I would be dying, can you walk and stuff? Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidi
Stats: Start: 315lbs/ Current: 160lbs
Thanks for the info about the complications that can arise with smoking-- guess it will be time for me to quit soon! Bah it is time anyhow! Terrible example to be setting for my daughter (I try to hide but kids are not stupid lol).

No contest compared to how much I want this!

Bejewlme-- wow! Size 10-12! You must have looked all fabulous at the beach struttin' your new shape I hope that will be me some day!

And thank you for the compliment! I have to remind myself to be proud of myself for how far I've come, but it can be disheartening at times with what you have left. I just pray this gets approved and all goes smoothly!

clmoore, you have a lot of guts in a tiny package girl!

Last edited by Heidi; 07-09-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

clmoore, you have a lot of guts in a tiny package girl!
Wow, how exciting to say I'm a "tiny package"!

PS: I agree with all the above about the smoking. It is so bad for healing and just plain ol' not healthy. I have never smoked, but lost my sweet daddy to lung cancer when he was barely 61 and that was way too young. He was a smoker since he was 13 or 14.

I know it is a hard thing to quit, but hope you can.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Holy crap that looks bad, but wow you can see the swelling is much less in the pins to no pins pic, this was the worst surgery huh? OMG I would be dying, can you walk and stuff? Hope you feel better soon!!!
Yes, of all my surgeries, the feet have been my least favorite as I am still told to stay off of them as much as possible... I'm really trying, but that is so hard to do! They have you walk out of the surgery center, but this is opposite of other surgeries when they tell you to move as much as possible.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Wow, how exciting to say I'm a "tiny package"!

I know it is a hard thing to quit, but hope you can.
haha I bet it must be quit the trip hearing something like that!

Thanks for the encouragement! Very sorry to hear that your father left way too early I wish they would make them illegal and stop selling them. Would make it easier for everyone! Buuut I've done it once I can do it again!

Last edited by Heidi; 07-09-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 07-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #640

Heidi- this trip was really eye opening for me, I am always focused on how bad this looks nad that looks, and finally I had to say I am almost 44, I lost a ton of weight that I carried my whole life, it is better than I ever have been and yes I am not perfect but way more perfect then I could have imagined! And you know the beach has women of all sizes, and the only great looking ones are the teenagers, and the rest of us Moms are OK the way we are, Tony was glad to see me eat and drink and have fun and not be stressed out about it, I know I blow up, but now I know I can be right back on track like I am today! We have to be grateful for the journey at times, and this trip and wearing a bikini everyday without a cover up finally made me grateful to just be!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heidi- this trip was really eye opening for me, I am always focused on how bad this looks nad that looks, and finally I had to say I am almost 44, I lost a ton of weight that I carried my whole life, it is better than I ever have been and yes I am not perfect but way more perfect then I could have imagined! And you know the beach has women of all sizes, and the only great looking ones are the teenagers, and the rest of us Moms are OK the way we are, Tony was glad to see me eat and drink and have fun and not be stressed out about it, I know I blow up, but now I know I can be right back on track like I am today! We have to be grateful for the journey at times, and this trip and wearing a bikini everyday without a cover up finally made me grateful to just be!
We should ALL have that great attitude and stop stressing so much!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thinr4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Welcome, Heidi!

Hi Everyone!

Please send prayers and good vibes my way. I have to be there at 8:30AM for the panniculectomy... I am stressed, nervous, and excited. I have no idea what it will be like afterwards. I have had some sort of stomach/pannus since I was at least 18... Please wish me luck. I'll post again in a day or two. Love you ladies!
thinr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #643

HT- hoping all went well, waiting to hear from ya!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
THAT is what I don't understand about myself! I just brought my daughter to the beach last week, and the whole time I couldn't really relax. Constantly focused on my posture/position, jumping back into my swim shorts the moment we leave the water and just feeling like all eyes are on my jiggly thighs the whole time.

REALITY CHECK is that no one probably notices or cares... I know this deep down but I can't shake this self-consciousness. I see tons of other women all shapes and sizes at the beach-- all seem fine with the way they look and pretty much not giving a crap what other people would think of them. I don't know why I can't achieve that state of mind

Hope all went smoothly with your surgery Tamale. Sending quick recovery vibes your way!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
HT Hoping You are doing well. Thinking of you.
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! Well, I did it, and it hurts!!! Very, very sore, but pretty comfortable with the pain meds. It is like a c-section only more sore in my opinion. I will write more later - still pretty drugged up! Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers! I need(ed) them!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Well, I did it, and it hurts!!! Very, very sore, but pretty comfortable with the pain meds. It is like a c-section only more sore in my opinion. I will write more later - still pretty drugged up! Thanks for all the well-wishes and prayers! I need(ed) them!!
Yay! You did it!

The surgery is over, now you are just HEALING more every moment!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Y'all - Thanks again for your continuing support! The pain is lessening some - I walk around my house about every 90 min, but am planning to do it hourly today. I also am trying to eat more protein. Yesterday I didn't eat much - kinda thankful to not have much of a desire to eat, however... I know it is too early to get on the scale - I know I am retaining fluid right now, but curiosity got the bestof me late last night. The scale then said 187.3 I'll keep you posted as that changes!! Currently kinda dreading my first BM...I took some stool softener to ease the potential pain, so we will see about that, too!

I go to see my surgeon this afternoon, soI will post some info later on that. I know in the past I have said Iwill post some pics, but I wimp out... This time I think I will do it, though...once I start to look more "normal" - no bandages and stuff. It is an amazing transformation though. I had a stomach/pannus issue for at least 25 years and to look down and see nothing is amazing.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

I am so excited for you, HT. That was a huge amount of pounds of skin removed. Keep moving and get your protein, fluids, and vitamins in you.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #650

HT- it is so amazing!!! I know exactly how you feel, OMG take fiber and stool softeners though the first BM is the worst!!!! Don't weigh for some time, you are so full of surgery fluid and swelling, it takes a while for the scale to move the thing is you are going to look 20 pounds smaller with the tummy gone, I am soooooo excited for you it was the best thing I ever did and nothing can replace that feeling. I know we were similar with having always been big and struggling to lose, you are going to feel like a whole new woman!!!! As bad as my recovery was I would do it all over to have the tummy I have now versus that disgusting pile of skin and flubber!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #651

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
HT when I imagine that (looking down and not seeing the pannus there) it seems surreal. I am practicing expecting to see that because I think it will take a long time to adjust to, mentally.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
HT when I imagine that (looking down and not seeing the pannus there) it seems surreal. I am practicing expecting to see that because I think it will take a long time to adjust to, mentally.
You girls are going to be so amazed when you can look down and see your Woo-Woo Va-jay-jay area! Don't be surprised that for a while after the surgery it is swollen up like a baboon's butt, though!

Next step is you'll be wanting to get laser hair removal with a little design down there!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL Woo Woo Va Jay Jay area! That cracked me up! Just a quick update - I went to see the surgeon today. She took off all the tape and bandages and was very pleased with what she saw. I was amazed - nothing there - just flatish-looking skin! But honestly, she wrapped it back up in a big bandage and then put me into some crotchless girdle-like thing so fast that I cannot remember if I even have a belly button! This surgery seems less painful in a way vs. the arms and breast lift and so far, those incisions seem like they are going to heal thinner. She told me I need to keep the drains in until I only am putting out 20cc or less of liquid in a 24 hour period. Right now I'm up around double that - at least on one side. I still have a way to go but today's doc comments have me feeling pretty positive about the whole thing. One thing I did notice is my thighs really do look especially hideous now that they are not hidden by my pannus. As long as I continue to heal well, I am now strongly leaning towards just getting the thighs done on 7/23. The doctor told me, compared to this surgery, that one will seem a lot easier. I'm not sure I believe that, but I do know I have to have it done eventually.

PS: I'm starting to drink more protein shakes to suppliment the food I eat for more protein. I need all the healing I can get!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #654

Quote:
LOL Woo Woo Va Jay Jay area! That cracked me up! Just a quick update - I went to see the surgeon today. She took off all the tape and bandages and was very pleased with what she saw. I was amazed - nothing there - just flatish-looking skin! But honestly, she wrapped it back up in a big bandage and then put me into some crotchless girdle-like thing so fast that I cannot remember if I even have a belly button! This surgery seems less painful in a way vs. the arms and breast lift and so far, those incisions seem like they are going to heal thinner. She told me I need to keep the drains in until I only am putting out 20cc or less of liquid in a 24 hour period. Right now I'm up around double that - at least on one side. I still have a way to go but today's doc comments have me feeling pretty positive about the whole thing. One thing I did notice is my thighs really do look especially hideous now that they are not hidden by my pannus. As long as I continue to heal well, I am now strongly leaning towards just getting the thighs done on 7/23. The doctor told me, compared to this surgery, that one will seem a lot easier. I'm not sure I believe that, but I do know I have to have it done eventually.

PS: I'm starting to drink more protein shakes to suppliment the food I eat for more protein. I need all the healing I can get!
Ummmm.... just about EVERYONE says the thighs are the WORST!!!! lol maybe your doc does them differently... who knows!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Ummmm.... just about EVERYONE says the thighs are the WORST!!!! lol maybe your doc does them differently... who knows!
Sorry, HT, but I have to agree with Maryposa. I have had seven procedures done in three major surgeries and all of them except the thighs were easy for me. I had the thigh lift where my surgeon just pulled excess skin up to the top of my thighs in the groin area and around my buttock creases and removed it. It was not the incision that went vertically down the inside of my thighs. I was not really in pain, but I was MISERABLE for two weeks. I think it is because when we move, that area always moves with us. I had my breast lift/silicone implants and my upper arm lift with incision in arm pit at the same time as my thigh lift. Breasts and arms were EASY!

Anyway, maybe like Marposa said, your doc may do them differently.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

I bet she was just trying to make me feel better! By the way, ballpark again on how long until you went back to work once your thighs were done? I know you said you were miserable for two weeks, but how soon did you return to work? Thanks
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #657
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CJ}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I bet she was just trying to make me feel better! By the way, ballpark again on how long until you went back to work once your thighs were done? I know you said you were miserable for two weeks, but how soon did you return to work? Thanks
Well, you may remember, I am kinda crazy and a freak, but with all my surgeries, I was back in my office in 3 or 4 days. I just took it slow and did not lift anything. I'm an office manager of an engineering firm.

The only surgery that I had to stay out of office for longer was my recent bunion/hammertoe surgery on both feet. I had to stay off my feet and keep them elevated. I made it 12 days at home and then was back in office with my feet propped up under my desk.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #659

HT- glad you are doing so well!!! I would say your post is pretty positive so you are going to have an easy go of it, thank god!!! LOL I remember I took a before pic of my big old blubber resting on my legs and the one after with nothing on my thighs, its amazing!

I so agree that the more parts get fixed the ones left hanging around look so much worse, LOL I want my thighs and boobs done so bad but my doc says thighs are a nasty surgery he really doesn't even like doing them, so if I do it someday I might have to look for another doc.

Rest up and keep on healing, thighs seed like a big surgery so close together, the tummy is tough to get over. I would really consult your doc and see if you can talk to some of her patients that had it done.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaAshling View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CJ}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I'd really like to hear from CJ if she applied for any grants or appealed the insurance denial... and otherwise, how she is holding up... so CJ if you are lurking, please let us know!