Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Wow - And here I am with my doctor hesitant to do the tummy tuck and a thigh lift on the same day! Just goes to show, I guess, how very different doctors - and our own personal situations - can be. Best of luck to you, Lisa. My top half surgeries (breast lift & arm surgery) seemed to be to be pretty challenging to get through...I am really not looking forward to the recovery from the two I am about to undergo... However, my desire to finally look better/"normal" is inspiration enough to do what needs to be done.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #572
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emily1965
Stats: 320/179
WOE: VSG 5/10/11 plus healthy choices
I've been following/researching this doctor and many of his patients over the last year. Reconstructive surgery after major weight loss is his speciality. I am very comfortable with my decision.

Last edited by emily1965; 06-03-2012 at 11:43 PM..
emily1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1965 View Post
I've been following/researching this doctor and many of his patients over the last year. Reconstructive surgery after major weight loss is his speciality. I am very comfortable with my decision.
Ok. We all have to trust our own "gut" feelings... you won't have much "gut" after your surgery... Yay!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Ironically, I'm here to post that I got the official word today (via email) that my doctor has decided she will only do one procedure on 6/26... I am pretty upset about how this was handled and also how it wasn't mentioned when I was there in her office all those months ago (and also when I paid my downpayment...). I spent some time today researching other plastic surgeons and found one about 75 minutes away. I have a call in to that doctor - hoping for a consult in the next day or two before my scheduled appointment with my original doctor on Friday. Part of me is worried about going to someone who doesn't know me as a patient they have operated on - is that logical? Am I just being over-emotional about this? I don't want the pain yet another time and the anesthesia yet another time and the BILLS yet another time. However, I do need my life... Girls, help me out here. What do you all think? Sorry I'm such a mess right now; I'm just really upset and can use some advice!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #575

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I had a 6.5 hour operation in November, breast lift(no implants) and tummy tuck. I ended up in the hospital with compressed lungs. I don't think that would have happened had my surgery not been so long, but, that is just ME. Many people have both and do fine. Btw, I did stay in a surgery center for 23 hours. Fortunately, my hospital stay was not quite 2 days. I think you are better safe than sorry with one procedure at a time. I am not sure what happened. I love my surgeon and blame the anethesiologist, if anyone.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for writing, Marie. I need to hear things like this. I do appreciate my doctor's conservative attitude, and I know I am a higher-risk patient... I'm just totally bummed right now. If I had known this back in December when I had my other surgeries, I would have scheduled to have my thighs done over my Spring break. Now I need to wait until Christmas 2012. I am still really mad and sad. At least the worst will be over, though... Thanks again - I do apprecaite hearing from you.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #577

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
You are very welcome. I understand your disappointment. However, you ARE higher risk, and this is best.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

I know you are disappointed, but if you trust your life with your surgeon and the surgeon is conservative, I would listen to them. I trust my surgeon and he knows me well and how my body does with anesthesia and healing.

This is your life!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear you. I'm impatient, but in the end, of course, I want them to be super careful! I do wonder, however, how close together could I have the two surgeries? If I have one on 6/26 could I have another, say on 7/17? That's three weeks later. Would that work? I did hear from the other surgeon's office and I do have a consult on 6/14 - but even that patient coordinator suggested one procedure one day and the other one a few days/weeks later. I would do that in a heartbeat to not have to have another recovery period - this one would just be extended kinda, you know? I am still a mess right now. I am just so frustrated!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #580

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- you are somewhat high risk if I remember? I think it is best to not have them done together, that thigh lift is major and so is the tummy, as much as I want the thigh lift after this whole tummy thing I am just glad for that. Honestly in 3 months after your TT you are going to be loving life, and that new flat belly, your thighs are not going to be so bad, trust me, mine are bad but now I dont care I have a belly I can show, LOL The main thing is getting through these surgeries, I had a rough time, I am still getting drained once a week, and I am going on 14 weeks. I still have lots of numbness and pain that I am just sort of used to, swelling, you name it, but it looks better everyday and that is keeping me going. You are going to like your boobs so much better when this is done too. Be safe!! Nothing is worth compromising your health go with the surgeon that you know and knows you, and wait, even if it is a year, so what? We drug this weight around our whole lives. I am keeping you in my thoughts!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
HT- you are somewhat high risk if I remember? I think it is best to not have them done together, that thigh lift is major and so is the tummy, as much as I want the thigh lift after this whole tummy thing I am just glad for that. Honestly in 3 months after your TT you are going to be loving life, and that new flat belly, your thighs are not going to be so bad, trust me, mine are bad but now I dont care I have a belly I can show, LOL The main thing is getting through these surgeries, I had a rough time, I am still getting drained once a week, and I am going on 14 weeks. I still have lots of numbness and pain that I am just sort of used to, swelling, you name it, but it looks better everyday and that is keeping me going. You are going to like your boobs so much better when this is done too. Be safe!! Nothing is worth compromising your health go with the surgeon that you know and knows you, and wait, even if it is a year, so what? We drug this weight around our whole lives. I am keeping you in my thoughts!!!!
So agree!!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #582
Blabbermouth!!!

I know, I know. I saw her today and a whole lot has changed. First, they moved my surgery date to the beginning of July because a woman who has breast cancer needs surgery ASAP. I understand that. The only good news is she will do the thigh surgery 2 weeks after the abdominoplasty (as long as that healing is going well...). That's great, but I do have to be back to work on 8/1 - which gives me very little time to heal. I'm happy but frustrated at the same time. I guess I better thank my lucky stars, though.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #583

Oh boy, that is cutting it close but good if you can have them done close together, might as well be miserable all at one time!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Girls.

I'm home on second day of hammertoe/bunion surgery on both feet and have taken more pain meds with this than my gastric bypass, tummy tuck, butt lift, face lift, brow lift, arm lift, thigh lift, boobage lift and implants all combined!! My surgeon said mine were so bad that it took her double her usual time on them.

I had to promise to stay home for at least two weeks with them elevated and only get up to go to kitchen or bathroom. I have pins sticking out the end of each toe except big toes and have metal plates and screws at bunion area. I'm pretending this is a face lift for my feet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOES.jpg (41.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #585
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Girls.

I'm home on second day of hammertoe/bunion surgery on both feet and have taken more pain meds with this than my gastric bypass, tummy tuck, butt lift, face lift, brow lift, arm lift, thigh lift, boobage lift and implants all combined!! My surgeon said mine were so bad that it took her double her usual time on them.

I had to promise to stay home for at least two weeks with them elevated and only get up to go to kitchen or bathroom. I have pins sticking out the end of each toe except big toes and have metal plates and screws at bunion area. I'm pretending this is a face lift for my feet.

Feel better. I hope you have someone to wait on you hand and foot!
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOO View Post
Feel better. I hope you have someone to wait on you hand and foot!
my cousin spent first two nights with me & I am doing ok. I bought me a hot pink rollator to help when I get up yo walk carefully.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope you're going better each day! That sounds awful!! Still, you know that it will all be worth it in a few weeks. Keep your chin up!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72 Induction (Hard Core!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1965 View Post
My surgery date is scheduled! I will be having: long thigh lift, lower body lift with anchor cut, butt lift using a brick of fat from the front, breast lift with implants, arm lift and neck/lower face lift. November 1st is the big day.
holy Carp that is amazing! good on you!
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #589
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 356/250/175
Start Date: September 2011
Extra Skin Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck and butt lift in TWO WEEKS!! I had RNY gastric bypass 22 months ago and have lost 110 pounds and maintained almost a year. I also have the saggy arms and inner thighs, but the midriff and belly roll and my saggy, wrinkled butt are what bother me most. I checked on surgeons and the one I chose has his own center and was recommended by three of my doctors. It is supposed to be a six hour surgery and I will go home the same day.

Two other ladies I know had the same surgery and they claim they never had any pain... just discomfort for a few days. I hope that is how I am.

I'm very excited and nervous about any surgery.

YOU TWO LADIES ROCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!

Also, my surgery will cost $11,500 and I'm paying.
Can you give me the name of the surgeon that removed your extra skin?
Murfreesboro37129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfreesboro37129 View Post
Can you give me the name of the surgeon that removed your extra skin?
Steven J. Smith in Knoxville on Parkwest Boulevard. I don't think we are allowed to post web links here, but he has a web page. I would never let any other doctor touch me as long as Dr. Smith is practicing. Love him and his staff!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #591

How are the toes, CLM????
Old 06-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How are the toes, CLM????
Hi, Bejweleme!

I'm TEN days out from surgery, but WHO'S counting! I promised to stay home for ten days and keep feet elevated, so I am counting down the days. They are burning and throbbing, but I hope healing. I'm starting to get some itching under all the bandages and can't wait to get them removed Monday morning, even though I think they are going to re-wrap them. I'm preparing for them to look like Frankenstein feet. I had every toe sliced open and the sides where the bunions were. But, I remind myself how badly I looked after my cosmetic surgeries and hope for same results later on my feet from this surgery to straighten out my crooked, humped up toes.

I am still very bored, but watching tons of TV.

I am supposed to try to lie on my back with my feet elevated above my heart if possible. I had my laptop on my belly last night and was picking it up to move to the table next to couch and dropped it on my chin. So, now I have a little cut on the tip of my chin... So dumb!

How's your tummy doing these days? I hope the issues have resolved themselves.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #593

OMG I bet you are going crazy!!!! My tummy still feels wierd, I still am getting drained, that darn lump will not go away, he is baffled, it doesnt hurt, some weeks he gets like 10-15 cc out, some days like 5, but it fills right back up! I am working out pretty hard, only lower ab exercises hurt, but I feel much better!!!

I am hoping your feet feel better, you seem to heal well so your scars will heal!!!! Dont go busting up your face with your computer, LOL I hated that when I was laying there and couldnt move and no one was there to help me, LOL

Feel better!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG I bet you are going crazy!!!! My tummy still feels wierd, I still am getting drained, that darn lump will not go away, he is baffled, it doesnt hurt, some weeks he gets like 10-15 cc out, some days like 5, but it fills right back up! I am working out pretty hard, only lower ab exercises hurt, but I feel much better!!!
That is weird about your lump and your doctor being baffled. Hope it stops soon! I bet you are loving your new flat tummy with no hanging skin!

I had put on a few pounds and even hit 160 on scale. I think I've lost 8 or 10 pounds since the foot surgery. It's hard to get an accurate weight with bound up feet wearing big velcro hard-sole shoes, but the scale is lower and I need to try to maintain the loss.

The lowest I ever got to since WLS was 136 which didn't look great on me. I'm 5'7"and looked pretty haggard at that weight...even though I loved seeing that number on my scale. It was right after my neck and brow lift and an old friend had broken my heart, so I wasn't eating a lot.

I would love to maintain in the 140s even if it is 149. I still don't eat sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes, etc., but eat more than I should of "good" foods even if I am not hungry. It is a forever battle.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #595

Oh I know it is a battle, I am working out harder than ever and the damn scale does not move, its like WTH am I suppose to do, laying around I lost weight!!! I am determined to not sacrifice muscle though, my PS told me last week I need to remember how far I came from and focus on where I am, and not be so crazy about the scale, I said I am still 200 pounds, he is like but you are a big girl!!! I said geez thanks. LOL I am trying to just exercise like mad and eat healthy and go from there, I would think 136 is really low for you at 5'7, you look small framed, I am sure 150 is good!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh I know it is a battle, I am working out harder than ever and the damn scale does not move, its like WTH am I suppose to do, laying around I lost weight!!! I am determined to not sacrifice muscle though, my PS told me last week I need to remember how far I came from and focus on where I am, and not be so crazy about the scale, I said I am still 200 pounds, he is like but you are a big girl!!! I said geez thanks. LOL I am trying to just exercise like mad and eat healthy and go from there, I would think 136 is really low for you at 5'7, you look small framed, I am sure 150 is good!
You have just done amazingly with your weight loss on your own. The exercise physiologist at my Bariatric surgeon's office told me a long time ago, that we folks who have any kind of weight loss surgery are just like EVERYONE else after a couple of years and we will have to eat right and move to keep it off. I know some folks in my support groups who have put back on 200 pounds.

It is so hard and I know it is a lifetime battle for me.

Your choice to exercise and eat healthy is the right one.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #597
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm already eating and exercising more carefully than I ever have in my life - and I'm not even 2 years post-op yet from my WLS. I can see now why I never kept weight off and also why I gained weight so easily. I mean, of course I have changed as I have aged, but generally the second I go off-track I start to gain. This is disheartening, but at least I know so I can work at fighting the regain...

Whether or not you have WLS I think it is a lifetime battle for most of us.

Regarding getting to your goal/losing too much weight. I can't believe I am saying this, but sometimes getting what you think you want may not be exactly as great as you thought. What I mean is you might have a number in your mind but when you finally get there you realize you just don't look so great at that weight. I have heard twice in the past two weeks that I look "drawn." I think it was meant as a compliment, but I didn't quite take it as one. My strange situation is that I literally do have 15 - 25 pounds of stomach/skin... When that is gone, I will suddenly drop about 20 pounds. Long story short, I may have to adjust my final goal weight. I need to remember it isn't just a number on the scale, it is also how I look and how I feel/how healthy I am. My point? Go for health, not looks, first.

Hope your feet are improving clm!
bejewelme - how many months out are you from your tummy tuck? May I ask what kinds of exercise you are able to do now? How numb are you/how painful would you say it is now?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Whether or not you have WLS I think it is a lifetime battle for most of us.

Regarding getting to your goal/losing too much weight. I can't believe I am saying this, but sometimes getting what you think you want may not be exactly as great as you thought. What I mean is you might have a number in your mind but when you finally get there you realize you just don't look so great at that weight. I have heard twice in the past two weeks that I look "drawn." I think it was meant as a compliment, but I didn't quite take it as one. My strange situation is that I literally do have 15 - 25 pounds of stomach/skin... When that is gone, I will suddenly drop about 20 pounds. Long story short, I may have to adjust my final goal weight. I need to remember it isn't just a number on the scale, it is also how I look and how I feel/how healthy I am. My point? Go for health, not looks, first.

Hope your feet are improving clm!
I will be four years out from RNY gastric bypass in August and it is absolutely a lifetime battle.

With my bunion/hammertoe surgery 11 days ago and having to promise doc that I would stay home and keep my feet elevated for two weeks, I almost panicked that I would be bored to tears and want to eat out of that boredom, plus just lying around and not burning calories... amazingly, I think I lost 6 or 8 pounds in the process and I didn't want to eat all day long.

I go back to ortho doc tomorrow to get my bandages removed and to see how my incisions are looking and re-bandage. Cannot wait to get out of this house!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #599

The body burns tons of calories healing from trauma and breast feeding---- I need to nurse a small village, LOL!!!!!

Man keeping the weight down is indeed a battle no wonder we got so fat it is maddening that I can watch everyone stuff it in and they stay pretty much the same, with me one foray from my normal day I can be up 5-8 pounds holding water it is crazy! I see people who lost significant amounts of weight and gain it back no way am I going to let that happen, if I have to duct tape my mouth!! LOL

As for exercise I am doing everything, except lower ab exercises hurt, but I am doing the MMA bootcamp workouts, spinning, running still feels odd, so I am not running, but everything else is fine. I have a constant weird feeling I guess it is the numbness, or if I eat salt ot have to poop its like you can tell something is wrong. My incision never hurt it was the muscle repair, when I sneeze or cough still it hurts like a mother! I still prefer to sleep in my binder it just feels better and I am the most flat in the morning until I start drinking water and coffee.

All the pain, all the discomfort I would do it again when I look in the mirror and see that tummy I am like who the heck am I!! It is worth it!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The body burns tons of calories healing from trauma and breast feeding---- I need to nurse a small village, LOL!!!!!

Man keeping the weight down is indeed a battle no wonder we got so fat it is maddening that I can watch everyone stuff it in and they stay pretty much the same, with me one foray from my normal day I can be up 5-8 pounds holding water it is crazy! I see people who lost significant amounts of weight and gain it back no way am I going to let that happen, if I have to duct tape my mouth!! LOL

As for exercise I am doing everything, except lower ab exercises hurt, but I am doing the MMA bootcamp workouts, spinning, running still feels odd, so I am not running, but everything else is fine. I have a constant weird feeling I guess it is the numbness, or if I eat salt ot have to poop its like you can tell something is wrong. My incision never hurt it was the muscle repair, when I sneeze or cough still it hurts like a mother! I still prefer to sleep in my binder it just feels better and I am the most flat in the morning until I start drinking water and coffee.

All the pain, all the discomfort I would do it again when I look in the mirror and see that tummy I am like who the heck am I!! It is worth it!!!
It is amazing how fast my scale can go up with just a few more calories.

My tummy muscle repair was sore the longest, but it made such a huge difference! I loved my abs now.

TWO HOURS until my ortho doctor appointment to get the bandages removed from my feet. I am trying to brace myself for how ugly the feet are going to look with all the incisions, pins, brusing, etc. Frankenstein Feet!! Oh, I bet they smell really good, too!!