Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
CLMoore - you look AMAZING. Thanks so much for posting your pictures.

Amber - we've been chatting a bit over on your journal. You are doing great. I am of the same opinion as CL that I believe the compression garment really helps with the shaping. Like her, I am in it 23 hours a day, and I am going on month 4. I think I will go the 6 months like CL. I need to get out and find one that covers just the torso, and doesn't go all the way down the thigh. I DO think it covering the thighs has helping in my reshaping, but, I am starting to get hot. You can also see it through some of my tighter pants. There have been a few times I haven't worn my compression garment for a few hours if I am wanting to wear my smaller/tighter pants like my size 4 jeans yesterday.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #512

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
CLM- You should be the poster child for your doctor he ought to be doing your work for free!! You look amazing, you amaze me on so many levels! You look fabulous, you cannot even see that scar!!! Your BB is tiny and not freaky!! I ordered several garments that are coming, I got ones that go up to under my bra but nothing on my legs, I hate that, I couldnt wait to get out of spanx and looks like I will be in them for longer, I agree that I like my stomach wrapped tight, right now this binder doesnt cover the incision it is so low it sticks out the bottom, I said to the doc I really think my Vj and stuff will feel better when I get some support from the bottom up.

Marie- a size 4 that is amazing!!! You know you are next to show your tummy!!! I hate those spanx that cut your leg and you can see that in pants. All mine are briefs that I ordered. I agree that tighter feels better against the incision. What do you think is a good timeline to think the incision will not open, since that show I am a freak running to check mine constantly!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I agree that tighter feels better against the incision. What do you think is a good timeline to think the incision will not open, since that show I am a freak running to check mine constantly!!!
In the TLC channel REAL SKINNY show about the surgery after weight loss that you are referring to (that I watched last night), I think the man didn't follow directions very well. I also doubt he was getting in all his protein and vitamins like we should as gastric bypass patients. Who knows why his side opened up? I'm still amazed that both the man and the woman seemed to have been laid up in the hospital for several days before they got them up to walk. I'm one of the believers that the more you move, the faster you heal, but that is just me.

I just learned recently that I am going to have to have hammertoe surgery on both my feet and the recovery is just the OPPOSITE of all my previous surgeries. She (Ortho doctor) wants me to stay at least two weeks with my feet elevated as much as possible and hardly any walking on them. That will freakin' drive me crazy, but she said following her rules is very important for the feet to heal correctly. I am so dreading the foot surgery more than any I've had before because of this. I probably won't do it until June. Anybody else had hammertoes? She said if I wait, they will just get worse.

MARIE!! Isn't it AMAZING to get in those sizes that we used to think were so far beyond our reach?!?! Congratulations!

Last edited by clmoore; 03-14-2012 at 06:08 AM..
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #514

Oh no hun, not foot surgery after all this other stuff you have been through!! I have a really bad bunion I keep dealing with. You will have to rest little lady and do as she says! Do you think I should start trying to move more and get going? I have basically been wlaking around here and there but not a lot. This morning is day 12 and the first morning I woke up without that burning pain!!! I want to try to do more but I am scared!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh no hun, not foot surgery after all this other stuff you have been through!! I have a really bad bunion I keep dealing with. You will have to rest little lady and do as she says! Do you think I should start trying to move more and get going? I have basically been wlaking around here and there but not a lot. This morning is day 12 and the first morning I woke up without that burning pain!!! I want to try to do more but I am scared!!!
I'm not saying to go do strenuous exercise! But, I walked and walked even if was in circles in my house or at my office. I didn't lift anything and followed those rules, but I did lots of walking around just to keep the blood flowing well, plus, it felt better for me to be off my butt bone!

Yay for you that you didn't have the burning today! That's a great sign.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #516

OK, I gotcha, I am going to go up and down steps some more, that really never hurt surprisingly, I agree about not lifting even like pouring coffee the coffee pot feels heavy!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I agree about not lifting even like pouring coffee the coffee pot feels heavy!
I know! Isn't it weird how many of our daily motions are connected to our tummy/core muscle group? Even lifting our coffee.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
I'm not saying to go do strenuous exercise! But, I walked and walked even if was in circles in my house or at my office. I didn't lift anything and followed those rules, but I did lots of walking around just to keep the blood flowing well, plus, it felt better for me to be off my butt bone!

Yay for you that you didn't have the burning today! That's a great sign.
I did too, lots of walking around the house. I tried to do it hourly.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #519

Quote:
CLM- You should be the poster child for your doctor he ought to be doing your work for free!! You look amazing, you amaze me on so many levels! You look fabulous, you cannot even see that scar!!! Your BB is tiny and not freaky!! I ordered several garments that are coming, I got ones that go up to under my bra but nothing on my legs, I hate that, I couldnt wait to get out of spanx and looks like I will be in them for longer, I agree that I like my stomach wrapped tight, right now this binder doesnt cover the incision it is so low it sticks out the bottom, I said to the doc I really think my Vj and stuff will feel better when I get some support from the bottom up.

Marie- a size 4 that is amazing!!! You know you are next to show your tummy!!! I hate those spanx that cut your leg and you can see that in pants. All mine are briefs that I ordered. I agree that tighter feels better against the incision. What do you think is a good timeline to think the incision will not open, since that show I am a freak running to check mine constantly!!!
I agree about CL Moore!!!!

I would think you are out of the woods with your incision opening, but, I have no idea. Except for my compressed lungs and being hospitalized for them, I've had no problems with incision, breast tingling/numbing, nothing like that. Have to run, am having a brazilian wax this morning.

CLMoore - what is your current exercise routine? Thanks for sharing.

ETA: I will work on pics this weekend, need dh's help. I am not very computer literate.

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 03-14-2012 at 07:15 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Have to run, am having a brazilian wax this morning.

CLMoore - what is your current exercise routine? Thanks for sharing.

ETA: I will work on pics this weekend, need dh's help. I am not very computer literate.
Good luck on the wax job!! I'm having laser hair removal all over the place and the worst area for pain has been my upper thighs. It's so nice when it is over though!

I hate to say, but my only exercise has been walking. A lot of my walking is in the mall which makes me also do a lot of spending, but it's so fun to buy clothes now! I can tell a difference in my weight and how I feel when I don't walk though. It does make a difference!

Please do send us your photos! It's fun to check out surgery results!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #521

Yeah I get waxed and I was thinking I have half as much now, I should pay half as much, LOL!!! I wish I was a better candidate for laser they just dont have a good one yet for us blondes, CLM you are perfect dark hair and fair skin, you are lucky!!! How is the man front, did you find a good one yet? What is wrong with these men in TN???? There must be a good looking cowboy around! You are looking fierce so one is bound to come along for you soon!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah I get waxed and I was thinking I have half as much now, I should pay half as much, LOL!!! I wish I was a better candidate for laser they just dont have a good one yet for us blondes, CLM you are perfect dark hair and fair skin, you are lucky!!! How is the man front, did you find a good one yet? What is wrong with these men in TN???? There must be a good looking cowboy around! You are looking fierce so one is bound to come along for you soon!!
I'm definitly pale with dark hair... so perfect for laser removal.

I have not found a good man! Too many married ones hitting on me. I have no idea where to find one. I sure don't dwell on it though. I had two very long relationships that took up 20 years of my life, but never married either one of them thankfully. I keep my eyes open for a good one. Maybe you can send me one from PA!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Ok, here are photos from this morning... Nineteen months after Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift. You can see the red marks from my pants I have on today, so ignore those. You can also see a BIG RED ZAP mark on my side from a laser treatment I had done at my doctor's office to get rid of a scar I had from blistering from the compression garment from a later surgery on my thighs... ignore it. It goes away after a few weeks. I tried to type in what things are. I had a WONDERFULLY easy experience with all my surgeries and I KNOW I was very, very fortunate. I was back to work in my office in four days and drove myself there. I AM NOT THE NORM!!
OHMY GOSH...your body is gorgeous...wow
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Bejewelme... been a few days. Are you doing well? Hope so!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #525

CL, she posts daily on her journal. Pop on over, think she could use some encouragement.

Becoming Wonder Woman After Spinning In Circles Half My Life
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Cruz!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #527
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
Ok TT's I have a question... did you have to have help "cleaning up" after bathroom trips right after or were you able to do it on your own?
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #528

Sorry I was MIA I was really having a hard time but finally when that drain came out yesterday I felt to so good!! I woke up today with far less pain, I think it was the drain being out or the compression, one or the other! I am feeling more like myself still get tired but moving about doing chores, I took this week off to just get back to more normal, I will go back on Monday. I figure once I go I am committed so might as well enjoy the weather!

Luna- I had a terrible time but I could wipe my butt! Thank God!! No joke though I am taking stool softner and fiber I am not taking any chances the first one was terrible, now it doesnt even hurt! Arm surgery too I could wipe, LOL Lord knows it was bad enough thank God for that bit of dignity!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Glad to see you, Bejewelme, and glad you're feeling better! You are a trooper and I hope its smooth sailing from here on out.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #530

It is not entirely smooth sailing, I had 2 good days then more pain again it sucks, but it is better w/o the drains I dont know why this is taking so long on me, good grief! But who cares I bought some things and some were size 10 so I dont care how much it hurts, LOL I bought 10,12 and 14 my hips are still huge but going down a touch so that is good! HT-dont let my recovery scare you, it was really not the norm, I had so much skin and he was very aggressive, my insides were really lax, it is not the norm and I always had such an easy time with surgeries not sure why this kicked my ass so much but it is what it is!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone! Don't worry, Bejewelme, I'm not deterred by your play-by-play. I actually really appreciate it because it helps me get ready mentally for what's going to happen. I have more to be removed/worked on than you, so I know it won't be a walk in the park. Factor in the thigh surgery on top of it and I know it will be a tough few weeks at the beginning. But tell us, how are you feeling lately? Give us an update!

Right now I am waiting to get the exact amount of money they want me to put down for the two surgeries and then I'll be going to see the doctor in mid-May for the pre-op visit. Wow - that's only about 6 or 7 weeks from now!

My breast lift and arms are a little over 3 months old now. The scars are slowly starting to change - loosening up some so it is easier to move. I'm still not very happy with my breasts, but they are getting a bit bigger - I may be able to be a full B after all (eek!!!).

Gotta go - more from me again soon. Keep your head up, Bejewelme - seems like the worst should be over for now!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #532

HT- I am doing much better- all that deep pain in my muscles is gone, my BB is looking good, I have a seroma which is common and lots of swelling so I go to him every few days to be drained, he sticks a needle in and drains it I cant feel a thing since it is numb, this first week back was hard, I am still very tired but its getting better I hope I can get cleared to start walking soon, it does get better, like the whole thing was hard, but I dont regret it at all, and its not like OMG pain, the first 2 days were the worstfor the pain when I had that burning, that was the worst! Being prepared to be swelled up like a beach ball is the worst I see all these girls that look so good but some of us are swelled up like crazy I am watching salt etc but when you have a lot of tissue it makes it rough. For whatever reason this was the one that totally kicked my ass! I am still going to get my boobs done at some point, I need a few months to recover I want to try to get to 175 and then he can touch up everything at that time if I need it lipo etc, and that will be it for my PS, LOL
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Hi Ladies, I had my WLS surgery Nov 4 2011 I have lost 70 lbs . I still have 30-35 lbs to go. Already I am sagging every where! I know I have to have a TT and Boob Job But I don't need implants Jeez Louise I am still a 36DD with losing that much weight!! I am thinking of getting it done in Mexico , maybe Cancun. It won't be till next spring some time , since it will be private pay. HAve any of you used cosmetic surgeons out of the country?
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #534

Gallery: emily1965
Stats: 320/179
WOE: VSG 5/10/11 plus healthy choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Hi Ladies, I had my WLS surgery Nov 4 2011 I have lost 70 lbs . I still have 30-35 lbs to go. Already I am sagging every where! I know I have to have a TT and Boob Job But I don't need implants Jeez Louise I am still a 36DD with losing that much weight!! I am thinking of getting it done in Mexico , maybe Cancun. It won't be till next spring some time , since it will be private pay. HAve any of you used cosmetic surgeons out of the country?
I'm planning a November surgery with a doctor in Monterrey Mexico.
emily1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #535

Hey girls I just hit my one month mark, I had a ton of complications I am one month out and have seen my doc 8 times since surgery, he is 15 minutes away. I suggest you check out other surgery sites like Real Self and Make Me Heal many stories on there of people who use docs in TJ and such. One girl lived in No. CA she went to TJ, she had to have her BF remove the drains, and she was not happy with the lack of follow up, none of the local PS wanted to see her since she went elsewhere.I dont want to diss Mexican docs but keep in mind the availability this is a long process of healing, and also their board certification is not like ours. Being weight loss patients puts you at higher risk for healing. I have to sort of say that since I am going through this and know I would have been really scared with all my issues had I not had a doc to keep such a good eye on me, I developed a seroma which now needs drained every few days. Perhaps look for a teaching hospital or something that might offer cheaper services I heard some people doing that and I would have at least consulted there.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #536

Gallery: emily1965
Stats: 320/179
WOE: VSG 5/10/11 plus healthy choices
I personally, am not going to Mexico because it's cheap, I'm going because he's very, very good and the level of care is higher than it is in the U.S. He specializes in plastic surgery after massive weight loss. He keeps you in the hospital for several days, then moves you to a hotel next door to the hospital where you stay for two weeks, During that two weeks, he comes to check on you daily as well as having a nurse come in daily to help with your shower, dressing changes, compression garmets, etc. It's a much higher level of care than we get in the U.S.

Not all Mexican docs are like him. There are chop shops in Mexico, too. One just needs to do their research.

My primary doc will be seeing me after I've come home if I need anything. She's already agreed.

Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go.

CIAC
emily1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, Lisa, that almost sounds like a vacation! Again, like WLS, I think finding the right doctor is key. I personally can't go away for 2 or 3 weeks, so I had to find someone close by. My doctor is about 45 minutes away and she does good work. I am totally happy with my arms and although my boobs aren't as big as I would have liked, I have to say the scarring is amazingly good. Naked I don't look so hot - but I've decided after 30 plus years of big saggy boobs that I am just going to need some time to get used to smaller-sized, perky (never need a bra again, anyone?), more athletic-sized boobs. Joyful, I will caution you that I also had large breasts (about a 50DD or larger at my heaviest) and I didn't even consider implants because I thought there was plenty left over... Well, if I had to do it all again I'd have asked to see exactly what she thought I would look like and I might have gone with implants. I am now a 40B and I don't think they will get any bigger. Ask lots of questions. See lots of pics, and talk to other patients! I am being much more careful about my 2nd round of plastic surgery - still contemplating my thigh lift options. My tummy tuck will be a bear - She said she's only ever had one larger - and I am preparing for a tough time - but then an amazing transformation!

The other thing I will offer up is how "unperfect" you may find yourself after plastic surgery. Commercials always show you some beautiful woman with flawless, scar-free skin... Mine is not like that. While my scars are small and thin in most places, they are there. Still raised and angry in places. The other thing is, after you have surgery, you just don't heal seamlessly... Kinda like trying to reseal an envelope. It looks okay - maybe good, but it just isn't perfect anymore. Plastic surgery has helped me look a lot better, but it is not a cure-all and it does perhaps raise some emotions/mental questions for the patients. Think it out and be sure is what I believe I am saying.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #538

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Hey girls I just hit my one month mark, I had a ton of complications I am one month out and have seen my doc 8 times since surgery, he is 15 minutes away. I suggest you check out other surgery sites like Real Self and Make Me Heal many stories on there of people who use docs in TJ and such. One girl lived in No. CA she went to TJ, she had to have her BF remove the drains, and she was not happy with the lack of follow up, none of the local PS wanted to see her since she went elsewhere.I dont want to diss Mexican docs but keep in mind the availability this is a long process of healing, and also their board certification is not like ours. Being weight loss patients puts you at higher risk for healing. I have to sort of say that since I am going through this and know I would have been really scared with all my issues had I not had a doc to keep such a good eye on me, I developed a seroma which now needs drained every few days. Perhaps look for a teaching hospital or something that might offer cheaper services I heard some people doing that and I would have at least consulted there.
I had WLS in Mexico and would do it 10 more times over. That said, I would probably have teeth veneers or breast implants with a reputable doc there... but circumferential body lift? Arm lift? Thigh lift? Having already been through some of that here with my doc close to home... No effin way, unless I could stay down there for at least a month.

Last edited by Maryposa; 03-31-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
The other thing I will offer up is how "unperfect" you may find yourself after plastic surgery. Commercials always show you some beautiful woman with flawless, scar-free skin... Mine is not like that. While my scars are small and thin in most places, they are there. Still raised and angry in places. The other thing is, after you have surgery, you just don't heal seamlessly... Kinda like trying to reseal an envelope. It looks okay - maybe good, but it just isn't perfect anymore. Plastic surgery has helped me look a lot better, but it is not a cure-all and it does perhaps raise some emotions/mental questions for the patients. Think it out and be sure is what I believe I am saying.

HT- you hit the nail on the head, with this, it is a long hard road! You are never the same after that is for sure and there is no going back. Overall I am thrilled but is it hard, hell yes! My arm scars are not perfect, I think we spend all this money and think we are going to end up like a Victoria Secret Model, when in reality it is what is that real vision, for me the scars are worth not having that flubbery hanging skin, and the scars are reminders of a place I will never allow myself to go again!

As far as Mexico- she asked for opinions---I gave my opinion. I would not do it, but I know many of you have had successful surgeries there, it is just not an option for me nor would I have considered it.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #540

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
emily/lisa who is your surgeon? Dr. Bello?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote