Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yes last night was good too, I got up once we drained the drains and back to sleep being in bed is awesome!! I am going to try to cut the pain pills today and then switch to tylenol I too hate how they make me feel, I have no pupils in my eyes, the MR I am sticking with but it is amazing everyday is getting better. I have my dr appt today, will be anxious to hear what he thinks, all I can say is pain or not when I see myself sideways I cannot believe it is me, my aunt and cousin and Gram came up yesterday to see me and they were fully shocked like my Gram was like its not you, LOL So I would do it again in a minute, for me the reward was way worth the pain! It is not bad sitting so I feel sure I will be able to go back to work and sit, sitting is the best I think, I need a better garment though, this one is too short waisted with me being so tall it should come down further, so maybe today I will get a new one.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Bejewelme: I bet he will take out your drains today. I hope so. That makes a huge difference to not have those hanging out.

As far as compression garments. I bought an extra wrap-around velcro one so I could keep one clean. I also started wearing Spanx-like tights that pulled up high above my belly button and wore them a LONG TIME. I really think they helped shape me and made me more comfortable. I wore the ones that came up high above my waist and halfway down my thighs above the knees. I still have a bunch I think in my drawer. I can check to see and send to you if I have them. I bought them at places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls so they were inexpensive.
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #483

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Bejewelme: I bet he will take out your drains today. I hope so. That makes a huge difference to not have those hanging out.

As far as compression garments. I bought an extra wrap-around velcro one so I could keep one clean. I also started wearing Spanx-like tights that pulled up high above my belly button and wore them a LONG TIME. I really think they helped shape me and made me more comfortable. I wore the ones that came up high above my waist and halfway down my thighs above the knees. I still have a bunch I think in my drawer. I can check to see and send to you if I have them. I bought them at places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls so they were inexpensive.
Your results are fantastic. I am SO happy for you!!!! I agree with the above compression garment recommendation. I had a TT/lipo/breast lift(no implants) on Nov. 17, and this is the type of garment I am wearing. I didn't have anything done to my legs, but, I feel like it is helping with the shaping and I think they look better, lol. I got one from my surgeon and it was $65. I wish I had more and will look at TJ Maxx. My next appt is next month, and I may be out of it soon.

I felt just as you did that the recovery was much more than I imagined, but, IT IS WORTH IT. I am so happy with my results. I had some complications and I can still say that. My surgery was 6.5 hours long. I stayed at the after care facility for 23 hours. I ended up in ER, late Nov. 19 and was admitted. My lungs were compressed. I didn't even realize it except for having low blood oxygen. I went to ER because of a fever. I wasn't in the hospital long, left on Nov. 21. Other than that, my pain was minimal after the first 48 hours or so.

I second the stool softener...very important when taking pain meds. You do not want to become constipated. ETA, I agree once the drains are removed it makes it easier.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 03-05-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #484

I was feeling good today until the appt, he stripped the drains, as in pulled all the fluid and junk through and he was tugging so hard that now the one hole start bleeding and oozing again, and now they hurt more than ever, ughgh, but I am still putting out almost 300 cc a day I need to get to below 30 cc in 24 hours for him to take them out so he said figure at least another week if not more, ughgh. I bought those spanx like things he said he doesnt care what I wear and in some ways he doesn't even like the velcro binder so he said do whatever feels best, after I shower tomorrow I will put on the spanx thing and then wrap the binder over it, it feels like the binder is starting to rub the incision, and it is too short for my long torso, I am tall and this binder should be about 3-4" longer to really cover my incision area. Other than that I am just sleeping man I cant believe how it wore me out!

Marie- thank you for sharing your story, it is scary I will say that, I think this is the toughest of surgeries maybe the thigh lift is worse? I got flexees garments on sale at Kohl's for like 6-$8 they were over 80% off on their sale rack so that is what I will ry under this thing, I think having more compression will help.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I was feeling good today until the appt, he stripped the drains, as in pulled all the fluid and junk through and he was tugging so hard that now the one hole start bleeding and oozing again, and now they hurt more than ever, ughgh, but I am still putting out almost 300 cc a day I need to get to below 30 cc in 24 hours for him to take them out so he said figure at least another week if not more, ughgh. I bought those spanx like things he said he doesnt care what I wear and in some ways he doesn't even like the velcro binder so he said do whatever feels best, after I shower tomorrow I will put on the spanx thing and then wrap the binder over it, it feels like the binder is starting to rub the incision, and it is too short for my long torso, I am tall and this binder should be about 3-4" longer to really cover my incision area. Other than that I am just sleeping man I cant believe how it wore me out!

Marie- thank you for sharing your story, it is scary I will say that, I think this is the toughest of surgeries maybe the thigh lift is worse? I got flexees garments on sale at Kohl's for like 6-$8 they were over 80% off on their sale rack so that is what I will ry under this thing, I think having more compression will help.
I'm sorry you are hurting. I just must have a GENIUS DOCTOR or I'm good with pain or something as I had very little. Of all (7) procedures I have had done, the thighs were the most uncomfortable... NOT PAINFUL... just miserable moving around for about two weeks.

You will get through this soon. GREAT DEAL you got on the Flexees at Kohls! I love me a bargain!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #486

You had a tremendous amount of excess skin removed. Mine was not near that. I would imagine that is why you are very sore. To give you some idea, I was a size 8 before the surgery. I have lost 50 pounds within the last year. In fact, I was 146 in January, and have gone on to lose more weight...135 today.

I DO think the compression garment is very important, so feel good about the one you choose. JMO. CLMoore will be able to advise better.

Two months from now you are going to be SO HAPPY!!! I say over, and over to my husband that it is the BEST MONEY WE EVER SPENT!!!!!! I always had an apple shape. In my early years I got asked over and over "when I was due". I was not pregnant, just fat, lol. I love having a flat stomach. Now, three months post surgery I am a 4/6. It is SO nice to try on clothes and everything look nice.

Remember, you had major surgery. Please do not over do it.(((HUGS))). ETA: I love the pee hole in my compression garment. I was just reading about how painful it is to pull your panties down and go potty. I can only imagine. I just squat, lol. In all these months, none of my urine or bowels have gotten on the garment...works like a charm. There are no panties involved.

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 03-05-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #487
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
You ladies are all my heroes and my inspiration. I am not looking forward to my tt and thigh lift in June and yet I can't wait... I so appreciate your honest accounts of what happened to you.

Bejewelme, I have a binder from my original WLS...but I am sure it is way too big to be of any use to either of us. Maybe a search would bring up a medical supply place to get something? If you can find something at a store I know that would be cheaper, however...

Marie, did they say why the lung compression happened? I'm happy you're so happy about the surgery! It is such a big step, I know!

clmoore - I hope and pray I have an experience like yours with my thighs. I have heard it is the hardest one, but man, do I need it done! I can do anything for 2 weeks...I will get through it somehow, right?

Has anyone on the board had a full thigh lift versus an upper thigh lift? My surgeon is leaning towards a full thigh lift on me - meaning similar thigh-long incisions on my thighs just like on my arms. I am not sure I want this, but I do know my thighs are a jiggly, lumpy mess. That said, I am also not sure because most of the time my thighs are covered and I was always under the frame of mind that I would be happy just to rid myself of my shar pei-like upper (inner) thigh pockets. Any advice? Anyone? Buler? lol

As an update: I am now about 10 weeks post-op from my breast lift and arm surgery. The numbness in my incision areas on my arms is lessening and I am able to reach higher than before. My girls are definitely B's, not C's, but I hear they will continue to get fuller...so we shall see. Right now I'm more concerned with scraping up the money I will need for my June tummy tuck and thigh surgery...

Keep healing, Bejewelme! I think you are doing GREAT and you look AMAZING already! I am truly inspired!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #488

I never got a real clear answer from anyone why it happened. Stuff happens sometimes. It was a long surgery. It is fairly common for people to have a tummy tuck/breast lift at the same time, but, I think it was just too long for my body. I DO think the surgery center and anethesiologist should have known I was not in good shape. I have no hard feelings over it. If avoidable, I would not go in for a surgery of that length again. I would break it up into two surgeries.

Hot Tamale, I wanted to let you know that I can relate to what you are going through with your breast size. I have experienced and continue to experience the same type of feelings. It's been an adjustment for me to adjust to smaller breasts. My breasts were two different sizes, so he had to adjust to the smallest size, naturally. They look nice, and I love what he's done with my nipples, but, having smaller breasts have taken some getting use to. I think once you have your tummy tuck it will be less shocking to you and you will be very happy. Even though I am smaller, I DO feel like it is proportionate. I found a few bra's at Victoria's Secret and I am much happier with the way I look in clothes. Sometimes when I am nude I am not AS happy. I measured a C at VS, but, I am really more like a B. For myself, I did not experience more fullness after about 2 months. Perhaps you will be luckier. Are you still wearing your compression bra 24/7? I am. I do think it has helped with shaping.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #489

I woke up and I was just freaking miserable my stomach hurt so bad, I drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate and nothing last night, I said to Tony I must go, so I felt something, and I had to push on the wall I was crying but finally I went and now I feel so much better I swear that was like having a baby, that is the worst feeling, 6 days ughg so now I hope with all that I am taking it will start moving. So today is shower day yeah my hair is disgusting I think it will good to just feel a littler more fixed up. I guess the nucynta is working cause I tried to cut it down and I felt terrible, LOL But I am trying to take 1 every 4 hours instead of 2 the Flexerll stuff does me in I get in a complete daze and sleep which is good Tony doesn't like the way it makes me so doopy I said forget that buddy hand them over, that was the thing I needed, I cannot belive how sore my muscles are. Anxious to clean up the BB today and see how that looks. I am going to put one of the shaper things I got on and the binder over top he said he really doesnt care what I wear he thinks people swell with or without the garments, so he said do what is comfortable. I am scared to see my BB it looks so gross now he said to clean it with hydrogen peroxide and let it dry. I can tell already even with all this pain I would do it again in a minute! I cannot believe it is my body when I look in the mirror, I was wearing a seize 12 he thinks I will end up an 8 and I am pleased with that!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #490

I forgot to mention that I used an over the toilet commode and it was a LIFESAVER!! I borrowed it from a friend, but, would easily spend the money. Not having to lower yourself and raise yourself from the toilet is so much help. This commode is alot higher than the toilet itself. I just put it over the existing toilet. I've used it in the shower too which was a huge help. I highly recommend considering one.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

How you doing today, Bejewelme? Better every day?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
Your stomach looked awesome already, Bejewelme.
In a few months when you're all healed it's going to be rocking. I can tell already. Yay!!

The belly skin is what bugs me the most. I think I have gotten so used to strapping it down otherwise it would likely drive me insane. I hate not being tight/tucked in all the time. Flopping skin is never fun.
Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #493

CLM I am sorry hun, I had a rough few days and posted in my journal and that was it, I sort of got the blues and like a deep depression this was taking so long I thought I would bounce right back then both drains were clogged I went last night he said Amber this is an ass kicker and I removed 4 times the normal amount of skin and your incision is way longer, go lay the hell down and rest, LOL So today instead of waking uo thinking what I cant do I said OK my mom my gram my son are all here to help me, and we played games I slept and I think I am turning a corner, it is one week today, I am swollen as all get out! What can I do I do think laying is better than sitting up for that, I am drinking over a gallon of water, I am watching sodium like a hawk, I have no appetite, my Gram said to my aunt I look skinny and pathetic, I said nan that is a compliment, LOL So I am praying it keeps getting better, no chance on the drains coming out yet I am still spewing like over 250cc a day if only the one could go and I could lay on my side, my back is really starting to hurt from laying I am not too hunched anymore, I am walking up and down steps pretty well, my VJ area is totally swollen and numb, I hate how my stomach doesnt feel like mine, but I am trying!!!! On to day 8 tomorrow!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #494

Girls- I am still really swollen but this was 1 week last night, do you think things are looking normal? I finally felt like I had turned a corner and then last night around 10:30 I sneezed OMG fiery pain that I almost cried, and now it is like my tummy is all disturbed again, did that happen to you guys at all? I was so mad cause I had such a good day! THis morning was the lowest I have been since surgery so I know I lost 7 pounds of swelling over the last 2 days I know its not my true weight but I like to keep an eye on the swelling, I am avoiding salt I drank over a gallon of water yesterday, and I think laying more than sitting helps???
See what you girls think???

This is the new BB that freaks me out it is totally numb but it seems weird the brown is the dried glue that stuff is a bugger to get rid of, I have to put peroxide and rubbing alcohol in it, some people put marbles in to make theirs stay round, I am not doing that until he tells me to.

He didnt straighten my underwear but the scar will be totally hidden you can tell how my stretch marks are all spread how swollen I am, my tummy has no feeling and it is spongy like a waterbed when you touch it I hate having it out, I like it wrapped tight, but I cant wrap too tight since the drains are in there.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #495
Blabbermouth!!!

You. Look. FANTASTIC!!!!

This is hard - I know - but a month from now - even 2 weeks from now it will be SO much better. You look awesome already & it will only get better.

I am still peeling away little pieces of skin - maybe it is glue... but then I was afraid to touch anything. I think you're doing so great for just a week out. I know this is hard, but have patience!!

My arms and girls are still numb in places and things feel weird. I decided that what is now "normal" for me is not going to be what my old "normal" was. And that's okay. As you know with your arms, time changes things. Just be patient and do what you're told to do. I think watching the salt is a great idea. That, and eat a lot of protein and pineapples is what I've heard over and over. I am SO happy for you. I know it is hard right now, but I am there with you in spirit (and I'm only about 100 days away from it myself!!). KUTGW!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I never got a real clear answer from anyone why it happened. Stuff happens sometimes. It was a long surgery. It is fairly common for people to have a tummy tuck/breast lift at the same time, but, I think it was just too long for my body. I DO think the surgery center and anethesiologist should have known I was not in good shape. I have no hard feelings over it. If avoidable, I would not go in for a surgery of that length again. I would break it up into two surgeries.

Hot Tamale, I wanted to let you know that I can relate to what you are going through with your breast size. I have experienced and continue to experience the same type of feelings. It's been an adjustment for me to adjust to smaller breasts. My breasts were two different sizes, so he had to adjust to the smallest size, naturally. They look nice, and I love what he's done with my nipples, but, having smaller breasts have taken some getting use to. I think once you have your tummy tuck it will be less shocking to you and you will be very happy. Even though I am smaller, I DO feel like it is proportionate. I found a few bra's at Victoria's Secret and I am much happier with the way I look in clothes. Sometimes when I am nude I am not AS happy. I measured a C at VS, but, I am really more like a B. For myself, I did not experience more fullness after about 2 months. Perhaps you will be luckier. Are you still wearing your compression bra 24/7? I am. I do think it has helped with shaping.
Thanks for the advice, Marie. I do wear a bra 24-7 and I have seen a little more "growth," but I'm still nowhere near a C. I guess I'm also getting used to my entire body, not just the girls. My boobs are proportionate - its just that I can never remember them being this small - maybe when i was 12... My arms and shoulders are so ...thin (I still don't know that "thin" is the right term, but to me they seem thin-nish) that it makes sense my breasts shouldn't be really big. My grandmother wasn't large-chested, and I'm starting to think I have her frame and her figure. I just never knew cause it was always hidden under at least an extra 75 pounds of me...!! I'm glad you seem to have come to terms with your size. I am not 100% happy, but at least now I'm more happy than I am upset about it. I guess I need to take my own advice and be patient and see what my body decides to do.

My own update: I had my arms and breasts done on 12/20/11. I am still numb in places - especially my arms along the incisions - but things are starting to relax scar-wise. My range of motion is improving, and I can always dress myself and do my hair again. It is great to take a relaxing bath... I guess a picture is worth 1000 words, so maybe I will bite the bullet and post some. For now, however, I have to run. Take care everyone!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 03-10-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CLM I am sorry hun, I had a rough few days and posted in my journal and that was it, I sort of got the blues and like a deep depression this was taking so long I thought I would bounce right back then both drains were clogged I went last night he said Amber this is an ass kicker and I removed 4 times the normal amount of skin and your incision is way longer, go lay the hell down and rest, LOL So today instead of waking uo thinking what I cant do I said OK my mom my gram my son are all here to help me, and we played games I slept and I think I am turning a corner, it is one week today, I am swollen as all get out! What can I do I do think laying is better than sitting up for that, I am drinking over a gallon of water, I am watching sodium like a hawk, I have no appetite, my Gram said to my aunt I look skinny and pathetic, I said nan that is a compliment, LOL So I am praying it keeps getting better, no chance on the drains coming out yet I am still spewing like over 250cc a day if only the one could go and I could lay on my side, my back is really starting to hurt from laying I am not too hunched anymore, I am walking up and down steps pretty well, my VJ area is totally swollen and numb, I hate how my stomach doesnt feel like mine, but I am trying!!!! On to day 8 tomorrow!!!
Bejewelme: So glad to see your post. I was getting worried about you.

Your photos look great! Look at that smooth side and thigh. The swelling will go down... I PROMISE! I remember thinking my "girl mound" looked crazy big and my belly button, too. But now they look really good.

I don't know if you are still on any pain killers or not, but those things do me very wrong. When I take pain meds, I get VERY DEEP DARK DEPRESSED. I try to stay off them.

I hate you are still draining and having to fool with those things. But, remember it is very good to get the excess fluid out if it is in there.

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Just keep moving around a lot. Keep that compression garment on tight and all the time!!

I remember when I had the tummy tuck/butt lift at same time, I had to lie on my back to sleep and no matter how many pillows I put under my butt, my tailbone area was sore.

I promise you will feel great soon. You look AWESOME!! Your surgeon did a pretty job on you!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
Bejewel..you look incredible...I am soo sorry you are so uncomfortable...ok thats the way a dr says"hurts like h@ll"
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
Hot Tamale....I think we'd all love to see your pics!
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #500

Update- I went yesterday and got one drain out, I am thrilled about that, the other is still putting out almost 100 cc so he will not remove it until 30 or less in 24 hours, si am stuck with the darn thing, now he gave me mobic an anti inflammatory and the flexerel muscle relaxer that is what I am taking no pain pills, I stopped them I hate taking meds they make me crazy! I am slowly moving better, but not as good as I would like, I have a really hard lump above my belly button he says its the umbilical stump he said as you get heavy your BB moves outwards so it was long, and he had to cut alot I actually think that is the source of a lot of my pain, it really hurts when I touch it!

Did you guys watch the Real Skinny show on TLC last night, 2 gastric bypass patients that had circumfrential body lifts, very good could totally relate to them!!!

My pubic mound still looks like a baboons ass but he assures me it will go down, I keep waiting to wake up one morning and feel like myself!!! This is taking way longer than expected!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did you guys watch the Real Skinny show on TLC last night, 2 gastric bypass patients that had circumfrential body lifts, very good could totally relate to them!!!

My pubic mound still looks like a baboons ass but he assures me it will go down, I keep waiting to wake up one morning and feel like myself!!! This is taking way longer than expected!!!
So glad to see your post. I am actually watching the Real Skinny show on TLC right now. I was surprised it said it was day 4 and they were just taking their first steps and were in the hospital. My doctor had me home that night and I was supposed to walk. I had the same surgery as the girl. The man also had the medial thigh lift at same time. I'm on the last ten minutes of the show now.

Ugh, just saw his staph infection....

By the way, your BABOON'S ASS girly mound WILL GO DOWN!!! That is exactly what I thought mine looked like.... so funny!

Back again after watching last minutes of the show. This show makes me LOVE my surgeon!!!

Last edited by clmoore; 03-13-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #502

OMG you are watching I cant believe that is what you had done and were freaking walking you are just a PS super heroine, LOL Do you think this BB is OK, it is so gross he globs all this junk in it and now it looks like it is closing more???
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

I think your belly button looks fine. I remember mine having blood and stuff down in it for a while. I would barely stick a qtip in there to soak up moisture after my shower and it smelled bad!! I was worrying that I was always going to have a smelly belly button, but I don't. Mine doesn't look like it did before, but it is good enough for a man-made one. I will try to remember to take a picture of mine at the office where my camera is tomorrow.

LOOK AT YOUR FLAT ABDOMEN! You can see your ribs. So smooth!!! Yay!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #504
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbaaher
Insurance Approved my surgery....now questions

Anyone have hernia AND tummy tuck at the same time, with them fixing the stomach muscles (mine muscles not in the middle, they are at my sides, surgeon will cut them and mesh them in the middle and fix hernia and take off extra skin)?

Hernia and tummy tuck approved! Surgeon estimates 20-30 pounds of skin to take off my stomach and pubic bone.

What can I expect the day of surgery? Right after surgery? When I get home?

How much help will I need? Will I need a special bed, like the ones in the hospital I can adjust to help me sit up? That about going to the bathroom....do I need a high toilet seat thingy?

How long will I have to stay in bed for?
bbaaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaaher View Post
Anyone have hernia AND tummy tuck at the same time, with them fixing the stomach muscles (mine muscles not in the middle, they are at my sides, surgeon will cut them and mesh them in the middle and fix hernia and take off extra skin)?

Hernia and tummy tuck approved! Surgeon estimates 20-30 pounds of skin to take off my stomach and pubic bone.

How much help will I need? Will I need a special bed, like the ones in the hospital I can adjust to help me sit up? That about going to the bathroom....do I need a high toilet seat thingy?

Congrats. I had to pay for not only my gastric bypass, but all my reconstruction surgeries. Before we go into answering questions, please go read this whole thread. There is a lot of information here and may answer many of your questions.

We are ALL different in our recoveries. Some have it easy (LIKE ME), and others have a longer period of discomfort and healing.

Did you have weight loss surgery and how much did you lose, etc.?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #506
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaaher View Post

I had both a tummytuck and hernia repair.. though they didn't do anything with my tummy muscles because she said they were fine and didn't need fixing.. You will not have to get a special bed but can prop yourself up with pillows and also put them under your knees to keep yourself bent. You will need help getting in and out of bed for the first several days.. I think the toliet raiser would be an asset to help you up and down.. That was probably one of the harder things after surgery... Everyone is different however and your recovery may be shorter or longer then others so no one can really advise you a timeline..

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #507

Yes I would say you need help the first few days, I got a toilet riser and didnt need it, maybe cause I am tall? I think some of the shorter girls said that was necessary, I did use a walker the first 2 days, I had gotten a recliner I would line with pillows and under my knees, I sleep in bed propped with pillows and pillows under my knees, I have slept the best in bed since the second night of surgery. It hurts, no way around it, take your pain meds, be prepared and you will get through it, you will have drains to rid your body of fluid, prepare to have stool softners and fiber to assist going to the bathroom as ususally pain meds constipate you, and the first BM after surgery is a bugger. As CLM said this one kicked my butt, I had 8 pounds of skin removed, my incision is more than the average TT, CLM had multiple procedures done and took care of herself, I had my arms done and thought it was pretty easy, my vertical c-section was easy, this was hard on me, I guess you never know what you need. Websites, like real self and make me heal are good to check out, they have lists of things you might need and things to think about and you can hear other women's experiences and see the comments. This had just become a place where we were talking about our surgeries and excess skin, etc. Good luck to you, it was hard, but even with all the pain and laying around I went through I would do it again, there is no getting rid of skin any other way! And although I say I wont have my boobs done I know in a few months I am going to want them fixed to match my new tummy!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, here are photos from this morning... Nineteen months after Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift. You can see the red marks from my pants I have on today, so ignore those. You can also see a BIG RED ZAP mark on my side from a laser treatment I had done at my doctor's office to get rid of a scar I had from blistering from the compression garment from a later surgery on my thighs... ignore it. It goes away after a few weeks. I tried to type in what things are. I had a WONDERFULLY easy experience with all my surgeries and I KNOW I was very, very fortunate. I was back to work in my office in four days and drove myself there. I AM NOT THE NORM!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side tummy.jpg (27.3 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by clmoore; 03-14-2012 at 05:09 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #509

CLM- You are not the norm for sure, I can barely see your scar!!! Did you do anything special cream wise? I am debating the silicomne strips for this one, my c-section faded nicely and I did nothing to it, so I thought I would jsut try cocoa butter and vitamin E and let it do its thing? Did you have superglue to seal yours? That is what I have and I hate all that brown junk on there, it takes forever to pick it all off, so I have been leaving it alone!

Need BB picture next!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CLM- You are not the norm for sure, I can barely see your scar!!! Did you do anything special cream wise? I am debating the silicomne strips for this one, my c-section faded nicely and I did nothing to it, so I thought I would jsut try cocoa butter and vitamin E and let it do its thing? Did you have superglue to seal yours? That is what I have and I hate all that brown junk on there, it takes forever to pick it all off, so I have been leaving it alone!

Need BB picture next!!
I'm having trouble loading belly button photo for some reason.

No, I didn't use any special cream for scar, but as I have said, I wore a compression garment of some type about 23 hours a day for over six months. I think it really helps flatten and minimize scarring. I don't remember any kind of superglue at all. My doc just used his tiny sweet stitches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Belly Button TEXT.jpg (24.5 KB, 154 views)