Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
HT- it is funny how everyone struggles with different surgeries,the boobs to me seems so scary the arms were not, although they were nasty to look at! LOL Honestly I dont even think about them!

I am off to the plastic surgeons today! If he thinks it is time TT is happening on 3/2 he has me penciled in- if he thinks it is better to wait I am OK with that too, I want the best possible outcome, I just want to know it is such a mental battle getting ready for all this, so I will be glad to just know!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
HT and Bejewelme!

Hi, Girls! It definitely is different for each of us. The only surgery out of all of my 7 procedures that was not fun for me was the thighs. It was not painful, but pretty miserably uncomfortable for about two weeks. The others were NO big deal and I was back at work within three days. With all the surgeries, I didn't need anyone to help me with bathing or dressing, etc., except for the thighs because I couldn't bend over to pull my support tights and pull on my boobage/arm support garment on for the two weeks.

As far as tingling and nerve issues where we have our incisions, I am over a year and a half out from my tummy tuck/butt lift with the incision that went completely around my body. I still have numbness and tingling all around the whole area. Just remember, they cut through all those nerves and it takes time for them to regenerate. I DON'T care if I have the numbness and tingling. It reminds me what I had done and I am so pleased when I look in the mirror.

Things also still keep settling into place long after and I keep liking everything more and more.

I also HAVE TO WATCH EVERYTHING to make sure I don't gain the weight back. I believe I will be doing that FOREVER! I don't want to have spent all the money to pay for my own RNY gastric bypass and all this reconstruction surgery to ruin it all.

Keep us posted! We are all in this together!

Last edited by clmoore; 01-31-2012 at 06:35 AM..
clmoore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #423

OMG I am doing it!!! 3/2 I am so excited and yet a little nervous but this is the big one for me, I think it is going to make a world of difference in my outlook on life, LOL He thought I weighed like 170 I said good grief no, I am trying to get there, he said it is bad my tummy and it going to take a lot of work, he also said like my one arm has relaxed, he said he finds in more and more patients with massive weight loss that there is still some laxness to the skin, so he wants to touch up my arm I said lets wait til the boobs then I will deal with that again, I want to focus on just getting the tummy well. So we havea bet going on how many pounds my disgusting stomach will weigh, LOL I said if I am closer I want a free boob job, LOL He just laughed!!!! SO I am going to keep exercising at maniac speed this month,eat well and hope for the best, I figure I got plenty of time to rest when I have the surgery! He was thrilled I quit smoking, I said I knew this was the only thing that would do it! He felt bad I hocked my jewelry, I said I could care less, having a normal stomach means more to me than a piece of jewelry!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OMG I am doing it!!! 3/2 I am so excited and yet a little nervous but this is the big one for me, I think it is going to make a world of difference in my outlook on life, LOL He thought I weighed like 170 I said good grief no, I am trying to get there, he said it is bad my tummy and it going to take a lot of work, he also said like my one arm has relaxed, he said he finds in more and more patients with massive weight loss that there is still some laxness to the skin, so he wants to touch up my arm I said lets wait til the boobs then I will deal with that again, I want to focus on just getting the tummy well. So we havea bet going on how many pounds my disgusting stomach will weigh, LOL I said if I am closer I want a free boob job, LOL He just laughed!!!! SO I am going to keep exercising at maniac speed this month,eat well and hope for the best, I figure I got plenty of time to rest when I have the surgery! He was thrilled I quit smoking, I said I knew this was the only thing that would do it! He felt bad I hocked my jewelry, I said I could care less, having a normal stomach means more to me than a piece of jewelry!
Gosh! That all really touched me. We go through so much and feel guilty about doing what we did to our bodies and we just want to feel "normal". I am so happy for you and you will be amazed at what looking in the mirror at your flat, tight tummy and lower abdomen will do. It makes all the hard work you have put in worth it and it makes me want to maintain even more when I see mine.

Keep up the good work and take your vitamins and get your protein in to get ready to heal up!

Way to go, beautiful girl!

ALSO, THRILLED YOU QUIT SMOKING!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nellabella
Stats: 300+/175/159
WOE: LC
Start Date: August 2010
Hi ladies. I've been reading this thread about all your surgeries. I'm finding it interesting. I'm having a bit of work done as well. On my face actually. I'm having lipo done in my neck area and a lift on my lower face. My face is showing signs of weight lose and my plastic surgeon told me I should not be showing it my face as much for my age. The surgery is at the end of March and I'm starting to get a bit nervous as well as excited at the same time. I'm getting way too many people telling me I look tired and worn out when I actually feel great physically. It's going to cost me 12K just for my face. Am I crazy or what? Next will be my breasts but I'm not as concerned about them right now compared to my face. My breasts I can hide but my face it out there for everyone to see. Has anyone here had a face lift done? I had my tummy done last year so I pretty much know what to expect surgery wise and recovery. I guess what I'm really asking is - is the money spent worth it? I'm having dreams I won't recognize myself after the surgery. Thanks.
nellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #426

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellabella View Post
Hi ladies. I've been reading this thread about all your surgeries. I'm finding it interesting. I'm having a bit of work done as well. On my face actually. I'm having lipo done in my neck area and a lift on my lower face. My face is showing signs of weight lose and my plastic surgeon told me I should not be showing it my face as much for my age. The surgery is at the end of March and I'm starting to get a bit nervous as well as excited at the same time. I'm getting way too many people telling me I look tired and worn out when I actually feel great physically. It's going to cost me 12K just for my face. Am I crazy or what? Next will be my breasts but I'm not as concerned about them right now compared to my face. My breasts I can hide but my face it out there for everyone to see. Has anyone here had a face lift done? I had my tummy done last year so I pretty much know what to expect surgery wise and recovery. I guess what I'm really asking is - is the money spent worth it? I'm having dreams I won't recognize myself after the surgery. Thanks.
I had a neck lift, it wasn't anywhere near 12k and my surgeon is known to be on the expensive side! I also had a turkey neck and I'm 33! The neck lift was not 100% correction, but then I specifically asked he not pull my face/neck too tight.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #427

Nella- that seems like a lot of money but if you like his work and are comfortable then go for it! We all have areas that are non negotiable for us, my arms were the first thing I wanted done and this stomach is next! How was your TT are you thrilled? Did it make a big difference size wise?? If you know you want your breasts done as well I would try to negotiate the fees a bit! Or have you sought a 2nd opinion and found out a competitive price?

CLM- no kidding on feeling normal and then working like hell to maintain it, having that arm surgery pushed me hard to work out, he said yesterday I think you stretched the stitches with muscles, LOL I said you told me I could lift again!

I smoked for 27 years, I could never manage to quit except when I was pregnant, and I knew I had to if I wanted surgery this year, today is Day 14!!! I told him that is how bad I want this, he said you know I wouldn't do it if you were smoking, he said faces and tummy have the worst effect of smoking! I am really more proud of that then the weight loss!

You were back at work in 3 days after TT????
Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewelme: Yes, I actually have driven myself to work after within 3 or 4 days of all my surgeries. I think I'm pretty tough though and I only take pain meds 1 or 2 days. I am an office manager, so can get up and down and walk around a lot if I get uncomfortable. So thrilled for your success with weight and stopping the smoking. My daddy died of lung cancer at young age of 61 and I HATE SMOKING!

nellabella: Among other surgeries, I had a face lift with lower face/neck lift and brow lift at same time. Mine was $11,500. It was a six hour surgery. I just was looking at photos this morning and think I see a difference in the before and afters below. I didn't have anything done to my eyes, but lifting the brow skin that seemed to be sagging from weight loss seems to have opened my eyes back up. One photo is from Thanksgiving 2010 (one month before face/brow lift) and the other is from this past Christmas, (one year AFTER work done) so they are a year apart. Can you all see the difference?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carol separate.jpg (18.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg face.jpg (97.9 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by clmoore; 02-01-2012 at 08:00 AM..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #429

CLM- you didn't need that surgery I think you looked good before---- but you are slamming now and I know how it is when something bugs you,it is all you can focus on!!! You look amazing, you look so young, I hope I feel good after this like the arms, that was pretty easy!!

I forgot to tell you about the no smoking, I guess cause I didn't think I could do it, but I did Chantix for 3 weeks, and they send an email every day and an activity I took them very seriously, it is hard to imagine for 27 years I smoked out of habit,and now 2 weeks it seems like nothing to break it, I was so stupid, I should have quit years ago, but I think the self control learned with the diet helped the smoking, so all I know is there is no way in hell I am ever having a puff again!!!! I will cut my own arm off before I smoke,and now the smell of others smoke is gagging me, LOL I am going to be one of those militant non smokers, LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I forgot to tell you about the no smoking, I guess cause I didn't think I could do it, but I did Chantix for 3 weeks, and they send an email every day and an activity I took them very seriously, it is hard to imagine for 27 years I smoked out of habit,and now 2 weeks it seems like nothing to break it, I was so stupid, I should have quit years ago, but I think the self control learned with the diet helped the smoking, so all I know is there is no way in hell I am ever having a puff again!!!! I will cut my own arm off before I smoke,and now the smell of others smoke is gagging me, LOL I am going to be one of those militant non smokers, LOL
I am SERIOUSLY THRILLED for you! Such an accomplishment and goes right along with your weight loss and healthy living now. You have added years to your life... much happier years!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #431

Even when I was over 300 pounds the doctor used to beg me to quit smoking even before losing weight, it is such an insidious habit so glad to be rid of it, and nothing is going to make me go back ever, getting through this last 2 weeks was tough and I gained some weight so now I am working on getting that back down and forgetting about it!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Even when I was over 300 pounds the doctor used to beg me to quit smoking even before losing weight, it is such an insidious habit so glad to be rid of it, and nothing is going to make me go back ever, getting through this last 2 weeks was tough and I gained some weight so now I am working on getting that back down and forgetting about it!
You are probably over the nicotine withdrawals by now, it is just breaking the habit of reach for a cig. Kinda like I am with reaching for FOOD!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I had a neck lift, it wasn't anywhere near 12k and my surgeon is known to be on the expensive side! I also had a turkey neck and I'm 33! The neck lift was not 100% correction, but then I specifically asked he not pull my face/neck too tight.
I thought 12K was a bit steep too. He's taking care of my neck area including the lipo plus he is doing a face lift. He's also getting rid of the puffiness on my upper lids. The only thing I don't need is the brow lift. I can look around for other opinions but do I really want to bargain where my face is concerned? I have to think about this. You look terrific in your photo. Very sexy girl.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nella- that seems like a lot of money but if you like his work and are comfortable then go for it! We all have areas that are non negotiable for us, my arms were the first thing I wanted done and this stomach is next! How was your TT are you thrilled? Did it make a big difference size wise?? If you know you want your breasts done as well I would try to negotiate the fees a bit! Or have you sought a 2nd opinion and found out a competitive price?

CLM- no kidding on feeling normal and then working like hell to maintain it, having that arm surgery pushed me hard to work out, he said yesterday I think you stretched the stitches with muscles, LOL I said you told me I could lift again!

I smoked for 27 years, I could never manage to quit except when I was pregnant, and I knew I had to if I wanted surgery this year, today is Day 14!!! I told him that is how bad I want this, he said you know I wouldn't do it if you were smoking, he said faces and tummy have the worst effect of smoking! I am really more proud of that then the weight loss!

You were back at work in 3 days after TT????
I'm very happy with my TT. The only nagging part were the tubes they left in and sent me home with. The tummy area isn't tight as I expected. The area is soft but no hanging skin which was what I really wanted in the first place. Even as I lose more weight, I still don't have lose skin in that area. I'm very happy with the TT and you will be too. You look beautiful. Loved your wedding pictures. Your hubby is a dream. He must be crazy about you, you lucky girl. Does he have a brother? LOL JK.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
Bejewelme: Yes, I actually have driven myself to work after within 3 or 4 days of all my surgeries. I think I'm pretty tough though and I only take pain meds 1 or 2 days. I am an office manager, so can get up and down and walk around a lot if I get uncomfortable. So thrilled for your success with weight and stopping the smoking. My daddy died of lung cancer at young age of 61 and I HATE SMOKING!

nellabella: Among other surgeries, I had a face lift with lower face/neck lift and brow lift at same time. Mine was $11,500. It was a six hour surgery. I just was looking at photos this morning and think I see a difference in the before and afters below. I didn't have anything done to my eyes, but lifting the brow skin that seemed to be sagging from weight loss seems to have opened my eyes back up. One photo is from Thanksgiving 2010 (one month before face/brow lift) and the other is from this past Christmas, (one year AFTER work done) so they are a year apart. Can you all see the difference?
You look absolutely gorgeous. I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours. The only thing I don't need is the brow lift but my eye lids yes. How long was your recovery after your face surgery and how long was it before you went back to work? My TT was like 3 weeks before I could go back to work. I think I read from one of your posts we are the same age. I'm 55. My plastic surgeon told me he can't make me 25 again. I don't want to be 25 again. I just don't want to look haggered and I'm sick of people telling me that.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellabella View Post
You look absolutely gorgeous. I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours. The only thing I don't need is the brow lift but my eye lids yes. How long was your recovery after your face surgery and how long was it before you went back to work? My TT was like 3 weeks before I could go back to work. I think I read from one of your posts we are the same age. I'm 55. My plastic surgeon told me he can't make me 25 again. I don't want to be 25 again. I just don't want to look haggered and I'm sick of people telling me that.

The face surgery was really NOTHING! I was wrapped like a mummy head for two days with drains, but then they all came off and I was back to work within four days of surgery.

I drove myself back to work after all my surgeries within 3 to 4 days. I DO NOT LIKE TO SIT AT HOME!! I also feel like the more you move, the faster you heal. Just move carefully! Don't lift anything.

This photo was exactly two weeks after my brow and lower face/neck lift and I was at the office. Still swollen, but not bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Two weeks after facelift.jpg (35.2 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by clmoore; 02-01-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #437
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Bejewelme - Fantastic job with the not smoking!!! So happy for you with that and the upcoming TT! What a super healthy thing you're doing!!!

clm - I swear, you are one amazing camper! Here I am still whining over the arm surgery - and I'm 6 weeks post-op! At this rate, I'll need half a year to get over my upcoming TT!!!

nella - I haven't had any facial work - my doc actually shot me down about it. She said maybe in 10 years...I'm 44, but deflating after being so heavy has unearthed a bazillion wrinkles...or at least I see a lot of them now. That price sounds high to me, too, but I guess a lot of things factor into that. Whatever you decide, I can only say I definitely look better than I did and I do think it was money well spent...and I plan to spend more...I just wish I knew where it was coming from!

Okay everyone, of my 2 remaining open areas under my left arm, one is about 90% healed. The other is slowly getting smaller. Hopefully by this time next week I can claim victory! My girls are continuing to "settle," and I may actually be a B now... all I can say is, "Come on C already!!!" Another update in a few days...take care, Everyone!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #438

clm- you are a bionic superhealer!!! I cant believe how you recover and drive yourself around and look so good, wave your wand on us and maybe we will heal that well!! What do you think helps the most with healing, getting up and around? Vitamins?? What do you suggest? You are the queen on healing we need advice!!! I cannot lay around so I am hoping I can start walking soon after the TT, because me and bed rest dont work!

Nella- It sucks when you lose this weight and don't feel good about yourself, so if it is 12K and you can swing it go for it, one thing we have to feel good about ourselves after all this, I spent my whole feeling bad about myself in a fat suit, and if people think its vain or whatever so be it, but damn for one day of my life I want to feel thin and normal!
As for Tony, no brother, just a step who is mess, but I need surgery $ so I might consider selling him, LOL He is so supportive of all this I want done, he is hoping for a spring bonus to pay for my boobs, but he draws the line with the face, he doesn't want me going there, I was going to get fillers before the wedding and he was really mad so I am putting up with the darn wrinkles, I think my trainer saved my neck, LOL All that straining she makes me do with situps, LOL

Hot Tamale- we all have different pain threshholds and what is uncomfortable, so you are totally normal, CLM is the other side of the spectrum! It is all good, you are healing and then just think by the time you feel good, do it all again TT!!!!!! I have resigned myself to prepare for one a year, I hope the boobs come sooner I know now if the tummy is fixed and I have those droopy sand bags on my new flat tummy that is going to bug me! LOL
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #439

Gallery: emily1965
Stats: 320/179
WOE: VSG 5/10/11 plus healthy choices
Quote:
CLM- you didn't need that surgery I think you looked good before---- but you are slamming now and I know how it is when something bugs you,it is all you can focus on!!! You look amazing, you look so young, I hope I feel good after this like the arms, that was pretty easy!!

I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience with Chantix. My doctor and I have disussed it, and in another 20 pounds or so, I'm going to start the Chantix. I know I have to quit well before my plastics planned for (hopefully) November.
emily1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1965 View Post
I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience with Chantix. My doctor and I have disussed it, and in another 20 pounds or so, I'm going to start the Chantix. I know I have to quit well before my plastics planned for (hopefully) November.
I quit smoking a year before the TT. Something about smoking is very bad on the healing process especially the tissues, whatever that means. Anyway I have one now and then and now I have to quit them again 8 weeks before my face or he won't do it. Apparently he can tell at surgery date if I quit or not. Don't know if he's pulling my leg on that one. I find the first 3 days without having one is the worst but after that it's a breeze. Listen, if we can do low carb we can do anything right?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
clm- you are a bionic superhealer!!! I cant believe how you recover and drive yourself around and look so good, wave your wand on us and maybe we will heal that well!! What do you think helps the most with healing, getting up and around? Vitamins?? What do you suggest? You are the queen on healing we need advice!!! I cannot lay around so I am hoping I can start walking soon after the TT, because me and bed rest dont work!

Nella- It sucks when you lose this weight and don't feel good about yourself, so if it is 12K and you can swing it go for it, one thing we have to feel good about ourselves after all this, I spent my whole feeling bad about myself in a fat suit, and if people think its vain or whatever so be it, but damn for one day of my life I want to feel thin and normal!
As for Tony, no brother, just a step who is mess, but I need surgery $ so I might consider selling him, LOL He is so supportive of all this I want done, he is hoping for a spring bonus to pay for my boobs, but he draws the line with the face, he doesn't want me going there, I was going to get fillers before the wedding and he was really mad so I am putting up with the darn wrinkles, I think my trainer saved my neck, LOL All that straining she makes me do with situps, LOL

Hot Tamale- we all have different pain threshholds and what is uncomfortable, so you are totally normal, CLM is the other side of the spectrum! It is all good, you are healing and then just think by the time you feel good, do it all again TT!!!!!! I have resigned myself to prepare for one a year, I hope the boobs come sooner I know now if the tummy is fixed and I have those droopy sand bags on my new flat tummy that is going to bug me! LOL
I had the fillers when that was all I needed but now I'm beyond fillers. If I hadn't gained all that weight I wouldn't need the surgery. I messed that one up. I told my sis a couple of weeks ago maybe I'll cancel the surgery because maybe I'm being vain. But then again I lost all this weight to feel good so what's the point in feeling good if I don't look how I feel? Besides, after spending all that money, there is no way I'm going to mess up again and put that much weight on ever again. After the surgery will be a daily reminder not to binge ever again.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Bejewelme - Fantastic job with the not smoking!!! So happy for you with that and the upcoming TT! What a super healthy thing you're doing!!!

clm - I swear, you are one amazing camper! Here I am still whining over the arm surgery - and I'm 6 weeks post-op! At this rate, I'll need half a year to get over my upcoming TT!!!

nella - I haven't had any facial work - my doc actually shot me down about it. She said maybe in 10 years...I'm 44, but deflating after being so heavy has unearthed a bazillion wrinkles...or at least I see a lot of them now. That price sounds high to me, too, but I guess a lot of things factor into that. Whatever you decide, I can only say I definitely look better than I did and I do think it was money well spent...and I plan to spend more...I just wish I knew where it was coming from!

Okay everyone, of my 2 remaining open areas under my left arm, one is about 90% healed. The other is slowly getting smaller. Hopefully by this time next week I can claim victory! My girls are continuing to "settle," and I may actually be a B now... all I can say is, "Come on C already!!!" Another update in a few days...take care, Everyone!
Thanks for telling me it was money well spent. That's what I need to keep telling myself.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
The face surgery was really NOTHING! I was wrapped like a mummy head for two days with drains, but then they all came off and I was back to work within four days of surgery.

I drove myself back to work after all my surgeries within 3 to 4 days. I DO NOT LIKE TO SIT AT HOME!! I also feel like the more you move, the faster you heal. Just move carefully! Don't lift anything.

This photo was exactly two weeks after my brow and lower face/neck lift and I was at the office. Still swollen, but not bad.
Wow, just after two weeks and you looked that great? Now I'm getting excited again. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! Here's an update. I went to my doc yesterday and she is really happy with how the arms are healing. She actually started talking about maybe a little tuck on my girls cause she thinks they might actually be dropping a little too much. I don't see it! I still look so small...yet she says I am a C cup - maybe a D. I guess I need to go bra shopping and see myself in another kind of bra. I have to say I wish I was bigger. Something for anyone considering a breast lift to consider...

Also...I also went to my vascular surgeon yesterday. I am kinda bummed about all of it. Long story short, I need to get my filter (for blood clots out) ASAP, yet the tummy tuck surgery isn't until June and I really can't move that up. That means I'll go into surgery even a bit more high-risk than I am normally. My plastic surgeon said she'd still do it - she is confident I will be okay, yet acknowledged something, of course, could happen. So, I have to think it all over. Also, I have to decide do I want "the big" thigh lift or the regular inner thigh lift. The big one will result in long scars (like for an arm surgery only on my thighs) and is also $2000 more. The smaller one will take care of my worst areas but will not be optimum as far as appearance overall. I need to decide how often am I really going to be showing my legs above my knees... I am trying to not take the money into consideration, but I can't help but think of that, too. I'm also thinking of total time on the table - closing in on six hours, and that scares me, too. Soooooo, that's where I am. Kinda discouraged and somewhat confused. And don't even let me get started worrying about the money I do not have. If anyone has opinions/advice, I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #445
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #446

Girls- man I got far behind this thread I wonder why it wasnt coming up??

Anyways, first-Emily yes I think Chantix helped, I did eat like a horse for 2 weeks now I have that roped in and white knuckling it today is 1 month smoke free I never ever thought I would be typing those words!

My PS said tummy and face surgery is the worst for healing if a smoker, like I told him I smoked for my arm surgery he didnt like it but he said OK, but this he would not do it, he asked me if I needed a test or if I was lying I said dude I swear I quit and have not cheated, so he believed me, LOL So I had my pre-op OMG it is so close now I am getting nervous but excited, turning that $ over OMG I felt so guilty for a minute, but that passed, I worked damn hard, I sold my jewelry to pay for it, so I deserve it!!!! 3/2 at 8:00 am I am having a contest to see how big my belly is, LOL I am saying 12 pounds 4 ounces, and 11 inches in width, he will measure and weigh the skin he hacks, LOL HE think more like 10 pounds, I said I bet you are wrong, LOL SO he is giving me Nucynta a pain killer that doesn't back you up but I hear it doesn't kill pain either, so will have to see.

So I will post pics after the surgery OMG it is so gross, but I think I will feel like a new woman, all those papers saying every possible thing that can go wrong, but I feel good with my doc and I am praying and hoping for the best!

HT- dont agree to nipping and tucking if you dont need it, like he wants to fix my one arm I am not ready to go through it again, after all this time of healing another scar? I was like I dont know i will take the flabby arm, LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

HotTamale: Good for you healing. Also, go with your "gut" feeling about future surgeries (Get it, y'all "gut" feeling! Little humor there...)

BeJewelme: How exciting your surgery is almost here. I felt guilty spending all the money I have spent on the reconstruction surgeries also, but it is MY money and I worked for it, so I consider it an investment in my healing from all the damage I did to my body by eating tons of garbage for years.

ALSO, REGARDING SMOKING... I am thrilled for anyone who can do this! My daddy died at the young age of 61 from lung cancer and was a smoker since he was a young teenager. I hate smoking. Luckily, I never took up that bad health habit. Good for you!

EVERYONE BE SURE AND TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS OF YOURSELF!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #448

CLM- that is why you are so freaking gorgeous!!! You never ruined your face with all that smoke,and just so you girls that smoke know the second hand smoke is bad too for wound healing, so if you have hubbies that smoke that is bad too!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CLM- that is why you are so freaking gorgeous!!! You never ruined your face with all that smoke,and just so you girls that smoke know the second hand smoke is bad too for wound healing, so if you have hubbies that smoke that is bad too!!!
Well, you must have great genes, because your photos don't look like your smoking hurt your skin any! So happy for you quitting!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #450

This is me and my Gram on her 90th this past OCt!!!! I did get good genes, my Mom looks good too!