Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Relax!!! you are going to be that hot tamale!! You need to heal--- not worry about the boobies, LOL They are going to look great, they will match your new sexy bod and you are going to be great!!!! Relax your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Of course I will be the one saying they are too big, when I get mine, LOL I know Tony is going to pay him to shove more in there, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Ok, Ladies! I have finally created a SIDE by SIDE of some of my before and after skin removal / nip / tuck / lift / implant photos. I have a PDF that I can post on the web OR do you all think I should just send the link to those of you who PM me?

I have blanked out the personal parts.

Please let me know!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #393

I want to see, I love looking at surgery pics, I should have been a nurse, that is my biggest regret! I will PM you my email address
Old 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewelme: Check your email.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi All, it is me again, with another question for anyone who has had it happen/knows anything about it... Today, after 3.5 weeks since the surgery, one of my incisions - which I thought was healed, has started to...ooze - sorry the rest of this is TMI, so if you are squeamish, please don't read... The liquid is a lightish creamy red - I'm assuming pus and a little blood. It is not painful, but the general area is very swollen (always has been since day 1 though...)... Should I call the doctor or see if it just needed to release this? The incision has not opened up, but I am concerned. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi All, it is me again, with another question for anyone who has had it happen/knows anything about it... Today, after 3.5 weeks since the surgery, one of my incisions - which I thought was healed, has started to...ooze - sorry the rest of this is TMI, so if you are squeamish, please don't read... The liquid is a lightish creamy red - I'm assuming pus and a little blood. It is not painful, but the general area is very swollen (always has been since day 1 though...)... Should I call the doctor or see if it just needed to release this? The incision has not opened up, but I am concerned. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!
It seems like I had one TINY little spot that did a little of that. I just kept it clean and dry and it finally stopped. I did check with my doctor about it though to make sure things were ok. Mine was at the very top, inner thigh incision where I moved a lot. It was also swollen there longer.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #397
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbaaher
Have Questions

Hello,

I am a new member. I dont want to sound gross with this post, but I have questions and from what I have read on this site, you people can relate to me and help me.

I have lost 141 pounds, and am at 213 pounds now. I have loose skin on my stomach and thighs and arms and my boobs sag bad,I also have a ambibilical herna. I have had major issues with infections in my skin, some times so bad that there are open sores and sometimes so bad on my butt and private area and thighs that I cant sit down or have sex. I get open sores between my breasts where they hang down.

I met with a surgeon about the hernia and we also talked about my loose skin. He said that he estimates that I have over 30 pounds of skin on my stomach alone that needs to be removed, not to mention my thighs. He refered me to a plastic surgeon, who I will meet with in two weeks.

My questions to you all:

Has anyone ever had that much skin taken off?

On my pubic bone the skin hangs down too, has anyone had that taken off or is it all part of the stomach skin removal?

What questions do I need to ask the plastic surgeon?

Thank you!
bbaaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #398

HT- call your doc, I had an infection develop and had to take another round of antibiotics, then I had one or two bumps that were all read and pus came out and I kept them clean and put neosporin on and they cleared up on their own, but better to call in and make sure!

Bbahher- yep know the feeling we are similar stats, yep on the hanging skin, boobs, thighs everything! I am hopeful to be getting my TT in the Spring, I am on 3 RX creams for rashes and sores from the skin rubbing when I work out.

There is a site I recommend Make me Heal, go on there lots of info about every type of plastic surgery and questions to ask, before and after pics, etc!!! Talk to several surgeons before you settle on one. My doc said I will most likely lose 20-25 pounds not all skin weight but you lose more as your body is smaller and the fluids adjust etc. I am so stalled in my weight loss I cannot get below 200 pounds, I keep trying! But its like my body is done ans is fighting me so I just keep working out like crazy hoping to get as strong as possible for the surgery.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi bbaaher - I just had a breast lift and my arms done because of seriously sagging breasts and loose skin. I lost about 3 pounds there alone. With your open sores and skin problems I will tell you, too, to start documenting it and make sure your doctor is in the picture, because he/she will have to write letters to help you get this covered. I paid out of pocket for mine, but yours sounds hopeful for some coverage. I am planning to have a tummy tuck and my thighs done in June. The doctor says I will lose between 20 and 25 pounds that day... I will also need some work done on my pubic area...but I'm not sure what it will be covered under...My doc seems very good, and she tends to talk about just doing it all at once - making everything as good as possible while she's doing it. My tummy tuck is covered - but I may also try to get my thighs covered, since they are just terrible and I have issues with them at times.

Bejewelme - Thanks for the advice. I called the doc this morning and she feels I may have popped a stitch and it is working its way out. She told me clean it once with hydrogen peroxide, then use hot compresses and A&D ointment for a few days. If it doesn't improve I am to call her back. See, this is the kind of thing that makes me glad she's only 45 minutes away...if I needed to, I could see her right away. I did decide to stop my daily walks - which I had resumed almost to my normal 3 miles and fast walk - cause I thought maybe the pounding on the road was contributing to this. We'll see - just goes to show healing is a slow process and I have to be patient!

Question to everyone who has had their arms done - did you ever just have them really hurt and almost feel hot in your armpit? I wonder if my bra is rubbing strangely, or if anyone had any ideas. I am about done with all this discomfort!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #400

I couldnt wear a bra for over a month, I wore camisoles and my running tanks when I came back to work, I will say that even now if I fold my arms and touch my scars they still hurt, LOL It is a very long road and you are what a month out?? More discomfort to come, all that healing does a number, you will get weird sensations as the nerves heal it is all normal and you just have to tough it out, it is a giant PIA! Trust me, like even now when I rub the scar creams on the lines themselves hurt, it makes me want to postpone the tummy, like maybe wait til Winter, as dreadful as another summer is to go through with this, I might just wait til the winter and enjoy this summer being able to run and see where I end up!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

WHAT! MORE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT!!! FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS!!!! LOL - it is okay - I am a tough broad. I got this!!! I just like to whine now and then...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #402

You get used to it, LOL But yeah my scars still hurt when I touch them or certain exercises I can still feel them pretty good, I am sort of numb to it all now, LOL My right arm is screwy like I cant lift as much weight like I lost strength in it, last night when I was at that hot yoga I could not get my sweaty shirt off, I was standing in the shower stall so no one would see me, and I was like OMG I am going to dislocate my shoulder not in yoga class but trying to get my own shirt off, I was like what am I going to do, LOL I had to calm down and then finally I got it, Tony was like WTH were you doing, I said almost screaming for help, LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jonahsafta
Stats: 165/157.8/153
Start Date: orig. 1995 @248#
clmoore....Id like to see your pics....
thank you!
Jonahsafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta View Post
clmoore....Id like to see your pics....
thank you!
Hi,

I'll need your email address. Did you have weight loss surgery?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

CLMoore ..check your messages!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #406
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbaaher
My doctors have been good about documenting my sores, at least three of my doctors have seen and documented the sores, along with the surgeon I saw last week.
bbaaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

1 month update: Well, tomorrow will be one month... My two first problem areas seem to have closed... I now have a small area under my left arm that is...weeping some. I decided I just may be doing too much with my arm, so I am actually keeping it in a sling to stop all the movement. It seems to be working - there was less discharge on the bandages today... In other update news, my girls are starting to look a little fuller and more normal - but still hoping for more improvement on that front... sighs - it is really always something.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
My neurologist is done with all his tests and can't find anything wrong to cause the numbness in my leg, arm and face. He's come to the conclusion that it may be the skin putting pressure on not only my veins and arteries but also on my nerves and he said he's willing to write a letter for me saying that I may benefit from skin removal surgery. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my insurance just paid for like 6k worth of tests in the ER visit and 3 ambulance rides so..... I'd like to hope that they'd finally realize that this is real and is causing problems and needs to be removed.....
I've lost 249 lbs, lowered my body fat by 36% and lowered my resting heart rate from 110 to 65 beats per minute. I was told that I'd never be able to go to the gym again after an auto accident. I've been back at the gym since Sept. 2009 and completed my first official 5k on 9/25/10. I have PCOS and recently stopped eating Soy.
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #409

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ:) View Post
My neurologist is done with all his tests and can't find anything wrong to cause the numbness in my leg, arm and face. He's come to the conclusion that it may be the skin putting pressure on not only my veins and arteries but also on my nerves and he said he's willing to write a letter for me saying that I may benefit from skin removal surgery. I don't want to get my hopes up, but my insurance just paid for like 6k worth of tests in the ER visit and 3 ambulance rides so..... I'd like to hope that they'd finally realize that this is real and is causing problems and needs to be removed.....
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #410
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ CJ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If that doesn't work I would email TLC/Discovery/Oprah and every other tv/cable show that has ever shown plastic surgery of this type. I mean seriously email them all and see if they would be willing to do a show on you.

It could not hurt to try!!!!

This has to be THE year dang it!!!!! You WILL get it done!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
Thanks, It's so frustrating and I have to write another letter and it's like so freaken hard to do. I wouldn't think writing a simple letter would be so hard, but it is....
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #412

Getting it possibly paid for is worth the letter, get er done, and see what happens!!!!! It is worth every ounce of fight!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ:) View Post
Im praying this works for you.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Best wishes to you, CJ!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #415
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
You can do it!!!!!! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #416
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers CJ!!!! I hope with this latest incident they will finally decide it is the right thing to do and will stop fighting it. Keep us posted!!!

HT hun.. If you have to go on antibiotics please, PLEASE make sure you take some probiotics as well so the antibiotics doesn't kill all the good bacteria in your tummy.. You do NOT want to get C-diff like I had.. Probiotics are not very expensive.. Also Ask the doctor to see what antibiotics are less likely to cause C-diff and see if those will work for you as well.. Good luck!!!

Bejewelme.. I love LOVE your new avatar... You are such a beauty!! So pretty!!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

CJ - I really hope you get approval!!!

cheri - Thanks for the advice. Things are very slowly looking a bit better. If I do have to go on antibiotics I sure will speak up. Forgive me if you've talked about it before, but refresh my memory on what c-diff is?

I went for a walk this morning. I wore my sling and only walked about 1.5 pretty slow miles, but I did it. I have been feeling really bad about not exercising. I am generally worrying that I am gaining weight. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning... The lady who helps me says it does look as though a stitch is working its way out from under my arm. All I know is its a pain and it hurts sometimes. The other scars are looking pretty decent - I just want under my arm to heal already. I am dying to take a bath, but I don't wanna do that until everything is healed and not "leaking."

I went to my WLS surgeon on Thursday for a follow-up visit. He was floored by my weight loss and my plastic surgery. He said I looked fabulous and wants me to talk to the support group next month about plastic surgery. I told him I would be honest about it, and he said that was fine. Guess that's all I have to report - just trying to take it one day at a time right now.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #418
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
cheri - Thanks for the advice. Things are very slowly looking a bit better. If I do have to go on antibiotics I sure will speak up. Forgive me if you've talked about it before, but refresh my memory on what c-diff is?

When taking some antibiotics it will kill all the bad bacteria in your stomach/intestines etcs but also will kill all the GOOD bacteria.. The result is severe stomach cramping.. diarrhea.. So bad that I had it for 2 weeks straight before finally having to see a doctor.. I should of gone after 3 days.. It damaged my intestinal tract and gut.. I can't have soda anymore because if I do the carbonation kills me!! Here is a more clinical description:

C. difficile: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

I really need to schedule a colonoscopy soon.. They will be able to see how much damage it caused.. I always tell people about this when they talk about antibiotics because that is how I got it.. So always, ALWAYS take probiotics along with your antibiotics and yogurt to help protect yourself from getting this truely horrible condition.

cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #419

Cheri= Thank you hun!!!!

HT- the underarms are tough, mine looks the worst of all the scarring I think cause it is what you said you pull and move them, but I figure well no one sees them except now in hot yoga when I feel like a freak with my arms up, but I dont really care! LOL

Some of the stitches do work out, I had a knot work out, I was like OMG what is that stuff they stitch with it was so hard and pointy like!

That is awesome about your weight loss, an I bet your doc thought you looked great!!!! You do!!!! Keep on trucking, it will be many more months of healing!!! You are going to be a knockout!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone! Just another quick update. At one point I had 4 troublesome areas. Now I am down to two - both under my left arm. I have graduated from bandages and tape to smaller non-stick band-aid type things. I can shower by myself, but still need a bit of help putting the bandages on each day. I am just about at the point where I can put on a back-closing bra, curl my hair, etc... My arms are kinda numb where the incisions are, but generally they feel a bit more normal now. When I walk I can mostly swing my arms again. Maybe in a week the two spots will be healed. Let's hope.

My breast lift is going better than the arms, in that they've been closed for over two weeks now. My girls do seem to be gaining a bit of roundness and fullness - although still not even close to what I had, or the C I was assured I'd be. I am still swollen and it still feels like I have an ace bandage wrapped around my chest. Obviously I really do have a few more months of healing ahead of me for both surgeries.

All that said, tomorrow will be 6 weeks since the surgery. I am confident I made the right choice to have this done. I look a bunch better than I did and I am hopeful the end result - which I may not see for a few months yet - will be a good one.

Take care, Everyone - I'll post again when I have an update.