Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! I have been AWOL trying to prepare meals ahead of time for next week and also Christmas shopping and making cookies. I have to be done by Monday! Surgery is Tuesday. I have to start taking blood thinner shots tomorrow morning. I hate the thought of it because I always end up with awful ...are they hematomas? - like places where I hit a vein or something and my blood is so thin it seeps everywhere and they take forever to go away. Anyone have hints on how to give myself a shot where this DOESN'T happen? All advice welcomed! ttys!
PS: I will be greedy and ask for your prayers, too, please! I'm feeling pretty freaked out about everything right about now! Thanks!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #362

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi Everyone! I have been AWOL trying to prepare meals ahead of time for next week and also Christmas shopping and making cookies. I have to be done by Monday! Surgery is Tuesday. I have to start taking blood thinner shots tomorrow morning. I hate the thought of it because I always end up with awful ...are they hematomas? - like places where I hit a vein or something and my blood is so thin it seeps everywhere and they take forever to go away. Anyone have hints on how to give myself a shot where this DOESN'T happen? All advice welcomed! ttys!
PS: I will be greedy and ask for your prayers, too, please! I'm feeling pretty freaked out about everything right about now! Thanks!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #363
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah you are doing it, call me if you want the sleeves!!! You are going to be fine hun, I will be praying for you and I know you are going to be thrilled!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #364
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone! Well, I DID it... (I seem to think a lot of people may opt out at the last minute - I get that feeling because many of the doctors and nurses I saw in the last few days have commented on my bravery...). I wanted to come on and give people a bit of a day-by-day of how it went...

Tuesday was the surgery. I had to be there at 6:15AM. They did a health background on me, gave me an IV, etc...). The anesthesiologist came in and talked to me for a while, and then my plastic surgeon came in, talked with me, looked me over and actually drew on my breasts and arms while she measured and remeasured to make sure the measurements were accurate. (She ended up taking 9CM of skin from each arm and she raised my breasts 17CM each - I needed these procedures, believe me!)

I woke up from surgery in quite a bit of pain. I was wrapped TIGHT from my knuckles to my shoulders and also from my bellybutton to my upper chest. I could not get warm and I was groggy for a few hours. Finally I was allowed to go home. I was dozing off and on for that 45 minute ride. When at home I sat in a big chair (my bed was too high and there was no way for me to scoot myself where I would be comfortable) and dealt with the pain. I took a medicine to make sure the pain meds didn't make me queasy and took my pain meds as soon as I could. The wrappings were tight and warm. Then I got a few hot flashes, which made it even worse!

Going to the bathroom required some help, but I did manage to wipe myself which made me retain a bit of my pride. Eating and drinking I needed help. I didn't eat anything on Tuesday, but people gave me drinks of water and that was fine with me. One other thing that needed to be done was I had 4 drains which needed to be emptied and the amounts of liquids (mostly blood...) recorded. The lady who helped me didn't squeeze one out as much as she should have (they operate by a vacuum) and I had a big leak which initially caused a scare. I called the doctor and she told me what to do to stop it and what to do if it didn't stop. It did work, however, and I was very relieved. The night was a long one; I was up a lot and only dozed now and then.

Wednesday I continued with the pain pills and then I went to the doc's office to get my drains out. The drain removal hurt for the few seconds it took, but it was nothing compared to the overall pain when I woke up from surgery so I really didn't care at that point. The doctor unwrapped all the bandages which immediately helped with the discomfort. I got to see my girls - who were mostly unbruised but it was freaky when both started to bleed from the around the nipples a bit... My arms were also mostly unbruised, but the stitches were kinda big and puffy - a lot like pictures I've seen... So, I go see her in a week to have some/all stitches removed.

Wednesday I had a few Greek yogurts (2) and a protein shake. I also had a scrambled egg for breakfast. Food was not my focus - fortunately the pain meds tended to send me for a nap each time I took one. By Wednesday I was able to move my arms a little more which also helped. I was not looking forward to sleeping on that chair again, so I attempted to plop myself into a couch - and it was GREAT! I slept for about 5 hours straight which I am sure helped a lot.

Thursday I had to go to my hematologist. The lady who is helping me helped me take a sponge bath. We carefully removed all the bandages we could and I patted at them with a combo of warm water and a foam soap I had been given for my previous surgeries. Some of the cotton balls/bandages were not coming loose - I think she said one or two were actually sewed in place with stitches, so we are going to actually have me take a shower today and will let them get wet enough to remove I think.

Thursday I was a bit hungrier. I had a protein shake, a few sugar free fudgicles, a McRib meat patty thing (not the bun), and some peanut butter. I also had a drinkable laxative (I remember hearing some horror stories about constipation after surgery - and I had a bout of that after my bypass...) which caused me a very rumbly tumbly until I actually went, which made me feel better (sorry if TMI!). Thursday night I decided not to take a pain pill before bed - I have 5 or 6 left and have decided to try to save them for when I really need them. I slept on a couch which was much more comfortable and I slept for about 6 hour straight, which is great for me.

That brings me to Friday morning. I have been up about 45 minutes now and I am officially hungry. I believe I will have a protein shake or a Greek yogurt - not sure which yet. My pain is far less now - more of it is discomfort and a tight and pulling feeling in different parts of my arms and breasts. Sometimes places get a bit itchy, too, but none of it is excessive or driving me crazy. I do plan on taking a pain pill for an afternoon nap - probably after I take that shower. Standing for long periods does tend to make me feel a bit light-headed but it is nothing excessive.

All in all, would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I really needed this for a variety of reasons. It was uncomfortable and painful, but this is all temporary. Everyone told me the first 24 hours were the worst and to hang in there (what choice did I have!?!?!) and they were right. Every day gets a bit better. I am now focused on taking care of the incisions and healing as quickly as I can. I miss my daily walks, but that just isn't possible right now. I am thinking maybe on January 1st I'll resume with short walks to start.

So, that's my story. Any questions, please ask! Have a great holiday Everyone!!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Yay! You are through the worse part! Keep drinking and moving as much as possible and keep those compression garments on! I also took a stool softener because all those meds can cause problems. You are doing great! Take your vitamins and keep getting in the protein!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #367

HT- duh I totally missed this, it sounds like the worst is going to be behind you now, and you are going to get better everyday! Man I had the yeast problem after my surgery from the antibiotic he was cranking in me, that was the worst for me.

Yes try to drink a lot of water to flush yourself out of the meds and to help your skin and eats lots of protein and veggies and pineapple, I think the bromelien in it is suppose to help healing?

It will all be worth it, when summer comes and you are wearing sleeveless tops with pride--- you would go through it all again!!!!

Call me when you can!!! Thinking of you!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabethdaisy
WOE: weight watchers
Start Date: Aug.1,2009
I just read all 13 pages and you all rock. Congrats to you all on your weightloss. I am so jealous of you all getting surgery done. I have lost over 90 lbs and really need my excess skin removed its really making me sad. I went to one consult and they told me 17 thousand for my stomach thighs and arms. I really dont need my arms done I dont think. my stomach and legs are so bad. How many consultations did you guys do before you decided?
Elizabethdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Elizabeth - I only went to one consult, but I did a lot of research on other docs if I wasn't satisfied with her... I got a lot of word-of-mouth recommendations for my doctor and then going to see her sealed the deal. My arms were the least of my problems, and if there were any indulgences in all that it would be my arms...But, by doing my arms and breasts at the same time she was able to, like a dressmaker, pull everything up and in and make it look a lot better overall.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #370

Elizabeth I was all set to go to a guy in NYC that specialized in people who had massive weight loss, but my OB/GYM convinced me to go to my doc, I love him, so I am sticking with him, my arms were 6K, and now I am looking at 13K for my stomach and boobs, my thighs are a mess but he talked me out of that.

I didnt tell you guys this, but with the wedding and my arm surgery I can't charge a thing since we have my house for sale and got our mortgage approved, so I hocked a bunch of jewelry in NYC last weekend. So now I have enough for my stomach, but might have to wait on the boobs, so still planning around March 1 to have the stomach surgery. I am so excited!!!!

HT- here is the latest arm pic, I am 8 months out now.

He is going to lipo that area at the end where everything settled, I am hoping that one area that is still reddish will fade, he says it will, I keep hoping!!!! But honestly I am thrilled!!

size 12 now!!!!
He said he thinks I will be an 8 after surgery, I said I cant remember ever wearing a single digit in my life!!!!!!! Probably not since 2T, LOL

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-23-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
Hi Everyone,
I don't read this thread a lot because honestly it's hard for me to see everyone getting their surgeries done when I can't get mine done. BUT I love the fact that this thread has turned into a place for so many of you to share your successes! It gives me hope that someday I'll get mine done too. And also I think it's great that you guys are posting the before and after pics and sharing the experiences of how the surgeries went and the recovery times and everything.

So please keep posting because it is helpful. It's just not something that I can read all the time because some days are harder than others living with this sagging skin and I'm having a lot more numbness and circulation issues and ended up in the ER room, taken by ambulance from work when my face went numb and I couldn't speak right. It wasn't a stroke and they did MRI, CT Scan, EEG, EKG and a bunch of stuff and found nothing. I have no risk factors for a stroke and my lab results are great. The ER docs think there's a good possibility that it's just the excess skin pushing on my arteries and now my nerves but they didn't put it on paper as the doctors changed shifts at the end and I hated the 2nd one and had to fight not to be admitted after being there for 8 hours.... but that's a whole other story, I almost walked out with the crap still in my arm.... anyway.... I'll post about that another day... cause I could go on for pages about that whole experience... freaken doctor!

Anyway, I'm doing well just busy but I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year!
I've lost 249 lbs, lowered my body fat by 36% and lowered my resting heart rate from 110 to 65 beats per minute. I was told that I'd never be able to go to the gym again after an auto accident. I've been back at the gym since Sept. 2009 and completed my first official 5k on 9/25/10. I have PCOS and recently stopped eating Soy.
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #372

CJ I am so so sorry and we can relate to the misery of the excess skin. Well I can anyway. There is an element of vanity but there is more importantly issues of discomfort rashes infections back pain etc. Any way you can contact an get the 1st Dr you saw to document his suspicion about the excess skin?

Idea for you... WLSFA is a non-profit organization that helps people get weight loss surgery AND helps people who have lost a great deal of weight get excess skin removal. I don't believe that for the reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss grant that you had to have had weight loss surgery. I think you should write your story (focus on the struggles). No harm in trying!! Who knows, your story is so extreme with the misery the skin causes, you may be awarded a grant!

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey

Last edited by Maryposa; 12-25-2011 at 10:27 PM..
Old 12-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #373
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ:) View Post
Hi Everyone,
I don't read this thread a lot because honestly it's hard for me to see everyone getting their surgeries done when I can't get mine done. BUT I love the fact that this thread has turned into a place for so many of you to share your successes! It gives me hope that someday I'll get mine done too. And also I think it's great that you guys are posting the before and after pics and sharing the experiences of how the surgeries went and the recovery times and everything.

So please keep posting because it is helpful. It's just not something that I can read all the time because some days are harder than others living with this sagging skin and I'm having a lot more numbness and circulation issues and ended up in the ER room, taken by ambulance from work when my face went numb and I couldn't speak right. It wasn't a stroke and they did MRI, CT Scan, EEG, EKG and a bunch of stuff and found nothing. I have no risk factors for a stroke and my lab results are great. The ER docs think there's a good possibility that it's just the excess skin pushing on my arteries and now my nerves but they didn't put it on paper as the doctors changed shifts at the end and I hated the 2nd one and had to fight not to be admitted after being there for 8 hours.... but that's a whole other story, I almost walked out with the crap still in my arm.... anyway.... I'll post about that another day... cause I could go on for pages about that whole experience... freaken doctor!

Anyway, I'm doing well just busy but I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
CJ I am so so sorry and we can relate to the misery of the excess skin. Well I can anyway. There is an element of vanity but there is more importantly issues of discomfort rashes infections back pain etc. Any way you can contact an get the 1st Dr you saw to document his suspicion about the excess skin?

Idea for you... WLSFA is a non-profit organization that helps people get weight loss surgery AND helps people who have lost a great deal of weight get excess skin removal. I don't believe that for the reconstructive surgery after massive weight loss grant that you had to have had weight loss surgery. I think you should write your story (focus on the struggles). No harm in trying!! Who knows, your story is so extreme with the misery the skin causes, you may be awarded a grant!
I agree with Mary.. Keep trying CJ!!! I just know that you will get it approved!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! Hopefully like Mary suggested you can get the first doctor to document.. Even better.. Ask him to write a letter as well to your insurance.. The more letters from Doctors the better!!! I had 3 when I had the skin at the bottom of my stomach approved a couple years ago now! I would definately think that you ending up in the ER will make a huge HUGE impact on getting approval surgery! Thank God it wasn't a stroke but really.. It might of been the best thing that happened to you to have them finally say yes.. So it may be a blessing in disquise.. Seriously!! Make sure you call your regular doctor also about it so he can document your ER visit.. He might even say in his records it was caused from excess hanging skin.. so you may have 2 doctors that agree with the ER assessment! I would get all this documentation and resend it to your insurance as soon as possible.. I think maybe insurance companies approve more things at the beginning of the year then towards the end (that is my take on it since they are a business/company and most companies run lower on money at the end of the year)

Good luck!!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi CJ - I just wanted to say I'm really sorry you continue to have such trouble with getting approved for surgery. You definitely deserve to have yours covered! I hope the suggestions Mary gave you might help. I, myself, was not covered, and I financed over half and then hit up my father for a loan (which seems more and more like it was a mistake - my once-generous father seems to have been tainted by his "new-ish" witch of a wife...but I digress...). In any case, I am posting to let other people know what to expect - or at least to give everyone an example of how it might play out for them... That said, here's an update:

Sunday: I didn't feel so good this morning. Every day the ratio of pain to discomfort changes. That first day it was probably 80% pain, 20% discomfort. Today it is probably 20% pain (or less), 80% discomfort. It is an odd feeling when I take my bandages and bra off to shower (with help) and it still feels as though I have a bra on in the shower. Everything has been lifted. I have the pretty upper chest I remember a friend of mine having when she invited me swimming about 30 years ago. The rest is not pretty - yet! Its a lot of black and blue along the incisions on my chest and the arms are kinda bubbly along the incisions. Good news is nothing is bleeding and drainage is slim to none. My elbows are sore - but she did some lipo on the bottoms there, so I assume that is what's bugging me. Another thing I had not expected...I know its a bit early out, but my nipples seem to have become much more sensitive...I think not sagging has helped in that area... I guess I'll call that a bonus - but one I need to get used to!

Monday: Today my arms are downright sore. I did too much yesterday - putting together a small(er) Christmas dinner after finding out that literally no restaurants around us were open... I also reached too far a few times and once reached too far back - all I can say is OUCH! The showers I take are refreshing and seem to help... I have not had a pain pill since the middle of the day on Christmas Eve and I am not expecting to take anymore. If need be, I'll take some Tylenol and deal with it. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday to get some stitches out...I hope it improves how I feel a lot because I'm scheduled to go back to work on January 3rd. I could probably do it now but I'm glad I have another week off to feel better.

More in a day or two. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #375

HT- I know they say that the nipples get really sensitive, there were 2 ladies in my docs office when I went for my arms, they had TT and BL, they both said that their nipple sensation was through the roof, probably all the nerves being reattached and stuff, that is a good sign, although weird too I guess. Another week will make a huge difference, are you propping your arms when you sit? Try to keep them up prop big pillow under them to try to get them slightly above your heart! Let the family help you and rest up so you can return to work feeling better, now go rest and relax!!!!

CJ- you have to just keep fighting, check out the wesbite that Mary mentioned maybe that will help you get approved, it is frustrating as heck that we lose all this weight and improve our health greatly and cant get fixed, just another reason healthcare here sucks!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-27-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #376

Regarding nipple sensitivity, count it as a blessing. Any breast surgery can result in LOSS of nipple sensation. The extra sensitivity will likely calm down... your nerves are "frazzled". The decreased sensation can also come back, but that seems less likely . I had one that was more sensitive that is pretty much back to normal, and one with decreased sensitivity which is still not as sensitive as it used to be this is from the surgery I had 6 months ago, not the one I had dec 1st. That one is where he put fat in the wrinkly area of my breasts. The one that is less sensitive has some feeling but not much. It's pretty funny but when I am getting out of the shower and maybe a little chilly the sensitive one is harder than the less sensitive one and you can visibly see a difference. Sigh.... oh well... I've kind of accepted it as part of the price.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #377
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
CJ- you have to just keep fighting, check out the wesbite that Mary mentioned maybe that will help you get approved, it is frustrating as heck that we lose all this weight and improve our health greatly and cant get fixed, just another reason healthcare here sucks!
The problem with insurance is they say that it "does't affect every day life" ... but in CJ's case it definately does and the ER visit might get her approved..

I just had surgery 4 weeks ago now.. I was calling it a tummytuck redo but it actually wasn't at all.. I called it that because she had to recut the C section type incision to straighten out the part of my tummy that closed crooked from when I had hernia surgery.. She also cut out a lot of scar tissue that developed from that incision opening up and having to be packed for 6 months until it finally closed. My insurance just sent me a letter saying they are denying the costs because it wasn't medically neccessary.. but the fact is my specialist thought I had a huge hernia because I was in a lot of pain from it sticking out so far.. Then when I would eat a meal it hurt even worse because it was right over my stomach so I wasn't eating much which didn't help my weight loss. They did a CT scan and found that I did not have a hernia but a big brick of scar tissue which was causing me so much trouble.. I am going to get my specialist to write a letter to my insurance company to tell them it WAS medically neccessary and did affect my every day life.. If it hadn't I wouldn't have had so much pain from eating or from trying to sleep on my side (My stomach would shift and hurt so much I have had to lay on my back for the last year and a half or more).. So you just have to keep fighting with the insurance company to get them to cover these things.. They don't want to cover anything because they want to make money.. Hopefully I can get them to cover it or I will have to pay for the scar tissue removal and incision revision (from a deformed abdomin as my surgeon called it) out of pocket..

Just got to keep fighting with them!! Don't give up CJ!!

cheri
Old 12-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #378

Geez Cheri I hope the docs can help you, it is a major problem, I have seen the dermatologist for the rashes and sores I get from all the running and the skin rubbing constantly, I have $180 of RX creams I am using- I swear if the person making the decisions had that they would be paying for it, it just sucks!
I hope the surgery makes you feel better! That is the main thing that had to be quite painful.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Cheri, I agree with bejewel me - I'd fight that one tooth and nail! I have such issues with my pannus I cannot wait until I am 18 months out from WLS - which is when my insurance will cover a tummy tuck. That means May and I will be scheduling my surgery for the first week of June.

I see now that a large part of the surgery I just had is waiting and enduring. Lots of annoying discomfort. Burning, itching, and soreness are constant. I get tired when I shouldn't and then can't sleep when I should be sleeping! I can't use my arms to scoot myself anywhere or to lean on and sleeping positions are pretty limited. (I am only mildly complaining here, mostly I am just telling others what they might be able to expect...) And, today, I woke up to find my pinky and ring finger on my right hand semi-numb...and it stretches up my arm about 4 inches, too, on the right side. Sound famillar to anyone? I am going to the doctor in a few hours, so I'll be asking a lot of questions.

The other unnerving part of recovery is not being able (still) to totally care for myself. I can't brush my own hair - or wash it - or get dressed in some clothing because I don't have the range of motion I need with my arms. And, I went to get bloodwork yesterday and I have to go back because they just could not get enough blood out of me! lol They tried to go into both hands and then one near my wrist, but they couldn't get enough. *sigh*

One last thing. I decided to take the plunge and I got on the scale yesterday. 201.3! I was 206 before surgery...I's speculate I probably lost most of that almost 5 pounds from fat and skin removal, which I guess speaks to the fact that I did have some serious skin issues.

I haven't had pain meds since 12/24, but I am considering asking for just a few more so I can take them to sleep. I'm not sure - I don't want to become dependent on them. I'm also hoping - once she removes some stitches today - that some of this bothersome stuff will improve. We shall see. Take care everyone! I'll write again soon and tell you of my adventures today!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 12-28-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Old 12-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #380

OMG you are so close to Onderland how exciting is that!!!!!!!! I had very bad numbness up my forearms that went away in a few weeks, I had numbness like in my rear R tricep area for months, it is so annoying but it passes too, it is a waiting game--- I will tell you, a long time!!! Sleeping is so annoying, did you get one of those back support pillows, with the arms, I propped on that and propped my arms with pillows and laid there like Frankenstein, and you know I still sleep like that, LOL

I had to have help washing my hair and blowing it the first week, then the 2nd week I could wash it and just left it be wild, LOL If the pain is bad at night take some pills, you wont get hooked and its better than suffering, you sound totally normal, you will get there!!! Tony had to help me pull stuff on and off over my head for months, LOL I couldnt wear a bra it totally cut into my arm pits so I wore those camisoles with light support, but with the boobie surgery I know you are all strapped in, hope the appt went well for ya today, and I am sure you were reassured with all you are going through!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-28-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone, Here's an update:

Wednesday: I went to the doctor and she removed the stitches from my arms. She told me she took 9cm off my arms - and normally she only takes about 6 cm off most people. She then said she took 1.5 pounds of skin/fat from the girls and (I'm not sure exactly how this measurement should be explained, but...) 27cm from them - in addition to raising what was left 17cm! Any way you look at it, that was major! Getting the stitches out was moderately painful, but pretty fast. I did finally give in and take a pain pill that afternoon which helped me feel better. She said the numbness I feel was most likely swelling on a nerve and it would go away in time. She also said I was going to be a very full C, if not a D in some bras. She said I need to relax and be patient. As time goes by they will settle into their permanent positions and then I'd see the end result.

Thursday: As today progressed I began to feel improvement in my arms and my hand was not as numb. My chest is still swollen, but I can see some changes. I'm encouraged by what she said, and do realize I won't see these changes overnight, so I am trying to be patient. I took one pain pill during the day and then another at bedtime.

Friday: Today is the first day I can honestly say I am not in total discomfort all the time. Certain movements are annoying, but maybe, too, I've learned what not to do. I did manage to wash my own hair this morning, so I consider that progress! I am encouraged that by next Tuesday, when I return to work, I may actually get through it without too much difficulty - I hope!

Okay - more updates in a few days! Take care, and Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 12-30-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #382

Quote:
Hi Everyone, Here's an update:

Wednesday: I went to the doctor and she removed the stitches from my arms. She told me she took 9cm off my arms - and normally she only takes about 6 cm off most people. She then said she took 1.5 pounds of skin/fat from the girls and (I'm not sure exactly how this measurement should be explained, but...) 27cm from them - in addition to raising what was left 17cm! Any way you look at it, that was major! Getting the stitches out was moderately painful, but pretty fast. I did finally give in and take a pain pill that afternoon which helped me feel better. She said the numbness I feel was most likely swelling on a nerve and it would go away in time. She also said I was going to be a very full C, if not a D in some bras. She said I need to relax and be patient. As time goes by they will settle into their permanent positions and then I'd see the end result.

Thursday: As today progressed I began to feel improvement in my arms and my hand was not as numb. My chest is still swollen, but I can see some changes. I'm encouraged by what she said, and do realize I won't see these changes overnight, so I am trying to be patient. I took one pain pill during the day and then another at bedtime.

Friday: Today is the first day I can honestly say I am not in total discomfort all the time. Certain movements are annoying, but maybe, too, I've learned what not to do. I did manage to wash my own hair this morning, so I consider that progress! I am encouraged that by next Tuesday, when I return to work, I may actually get through it without too much difficulty - I hope!

Okay - more updates in a few days! Take care, and Happy New Year!!!
I'm seeing changes after my lift. I measured yesterday and my circumference under my breasts is 34 and around the fullest part of my breasts 42. So according to that I should be in a 38D. However I feel like a 36C might suit me better. Time will tell!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #383

Glad you are feeling better, see everyday gets a little easier it is a waiting game I think you will be fine to go back Tuesday you are going to be uncomfortable take pillow or something with you to prop when you can!!!! I think the boobs will be nice, you will see!!! See you guys think I have boobage, I am 34 under my boobs now, and 39 at the fullest hanging part, its all skin, I have to stuff it all into DD or it all spills out,LOL Bras are a good thing, I am telling you that new VS bra is da bomb, it has a mighty job holding all this up and it is amazing how it shapes it, I tried every one of their bras and hated them until that one came out! But wait til you are both all healed cause they are expensive, so wait til you are in your final size! I wan to be an A, I am so glad to be losing those horrible boobs, I have carried around since I was 9, ughggh!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Glad you are feeling better, see everyday gets a little easier it is a waiting game I think you will be fine to go back Tuesday you are going to be uncomfortable take pillow or something with you to prop when you can!!!! I think the boobs will be nice, you will see!!! See you guys think I have boobage, I am 34 under my boobs now, and 39 at the fullest hanging part, its all skin, I have to stuff it all into DD or it all spills out,LOL Bras are a good thing, I am telling you that new VS bra is da bomb, it has a mighty job holding all this up and it is amazing how it shapes it, I tried every one of their bras and hated them until that one came out! But wait til you are both all healed cause they are expensive, so wait til you are in your final size! I wan to be an A, I am so glad to be losing those horrible boobs, I have carried around since I was 9, ughggh!
Yup, same story here. I was hoisting up the tube socks with a $100 bra to make it look like I was still busty lol

And I got boobs when I was in 4th grade too. Granted mine were DD-DDD at the largest, you were bigger ya? But I STILL wanna be a DD! I like big boobies! LOL

Last edited by Maryposa; 12-30-2011 at 09:07 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #385

The biggest bras I threw out were 46DDD ughghg, now with running I love that I can wear a running tank and dont even wear a sports bra under it, that is why I dont want boobs, much to my husband's dismay, LOL But after surgery I am going to have to take care of that investment, so the running might be an issue, I dont want to mess up his hard work, LOL!!!

Funny story we took the kids out to dinner I could cross my legs in the booth I said to Tony I remember not being able to even slide into a booth, so I dropped something on myself, and it fell in my lap, he said remember how your boobs used to catch stuff, whaaaa now its in your lap, LOL!!! He is a total boob man he misses them I do not!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

Well, here I am after a week of work - and I'm tired! I guess the healing is going well - I only have one small spot that is a bit oozy - I'm using hydrogen peroxide on it...wish it would just close up already.

Ladies who have had your arms done, were your elbows ever really sore/tender? Mine are probably my most painful area right now. I'm also wondering how long until every minute doesn't involve being uncomfortable? I'm not complaining, exactly...just wanting this part of it all to be done already!

Also, my girls are still quite small and pretty much smushed up against my chest. I am having a hard time being patient about it all... Any advice is welcomed!!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #387

HT- I was not uncomfortable at at all by week 3 the biggest area for me was my armpits cause I was probably doing to much, and the one separated a little there. Did you say you had lipo? I didn't have lipo done that could be why your elbows are sore, I got that puffy area at the inside of my elbows leftover that he is going to fix, so maybe that is why they are so tender??? Or are you propping on something like a desk or table that makes them sore? Cant help with the boobs, mine are still sandbags, LOL You will get better it is a long road, but every day gets you closer to the end!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All - Went to the doc today because I saw the "seam" right under my left nipple was sort of coming undone after a week of trying to keep it clean and covered. It was the only place on all the incisions that was open. Soooo, I went, and she just snipped it off, saying it was some dead skin attached to the scab and it was keeping it from healing. She took the tape-like stuff off my arms and loved how they look - said I am healing really well...and she feels the trouble area will heal now, too.

Thing is - and I need all the breast lift people in here to let me know - I guess my boobs are just not going to get much bigger...and I don't like it! I seem so flat still. She said they had actually dropped a bit more than she had expected - and I know I'm still swollen and things will change some - but wow, to go from big boobs to just about NO boobs is a shock! But you know, I've had big boobs since I was 12 or so...I just don't think I remember ever looking like I do now. They do finally jiggle a bit...but man, I'm just not so happy with what I see right now. Its only been 3 weeks. Will a few more weeks help? Is the fact I still have a HUGE stomach making my boobs seem super small? Man, it is always something, isn't it.

I guess I am still posting partly to vent and get some info, but also to let people thinking about this know what they might expect. Plastic surgery is not black and white. I think, in a way, it is how your body reacts to it, too. Also, there's a HUGE mental component...

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-11-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #389

Oh yeah hun, I told you the head case part is the worst!!!! I think you just need to get used to them and like you said when they match the rest of you they will look good!!! OMG I cant let Tony know this he thinks I need big old implants, LOL I think you are going to love them give it time, its like my arms they were so swollen for so long but then I liked them it grows on you!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

lol Well, I HOPE you're right, cause wow, am I small! If these are 38 C's then I need 38 DD's! Seriously, though, when you have them and see them and deal with them so much well, when you suddenly don't have them it is truly a shock!!! I am ready for my stomach to be gone, but I want some of the girls back! Eeeek! I AM a head case!!!