LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #301

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by everettsisk View Post
Well! Is plastic surgery necessary to remove the excess skin? .. I'll do just about anything to avoid having surgery to remove excess skin. ... because this will definitely have some side effects.
Short answer = no

If you lose 180+ pounds, like CJ did and like I did... there is NO "bouncing back".... the skin is permanantly stretched, damaged. Sure age, genetics, and amount lost are all factors but like I said, there is a certain point of no return.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by everettsisk View Post
Well! Is plastic surgery necessary to remove the excess skin? .. I'll do just about anything to avoid having surgery to remove excess skin. ... because this will definitely have some side effects.

Answer is: It is a personal decision! Like Mary said, when you lose 100 plus pounds chances are you will have skin issues, age, how long you were overweight, skin quality, are you a tanner, a smoker? All these things contribute to loss of skin elasticity. The first concern is getting the weight off then how yo choose to deal with the skin is a matter of choice, some of us opted for and had surgery and are planning more surgery.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I know I need plastic surgery. No way is my skin able to bounce back from what I did to it. That said, I am planning to have the first of 2 surgeries right before Christmas. I talked to a plastic surgeon and really liked her and what I've seen of her work. I also talked to one of her patients and plan to talk to a few more. It appears I will have a breast lift and have my arms done in a few months. It isn't cheap, but I am worth it and I will do what I need to do to pay for it. Fortunately she takes CareCredit, which gives you 18 months to pay it back with no interest. I'm also hitting up my dad for an early inheritance! I may have to pay that back, too, but if I do, I do. I didn't come this far or work as hard as I have to not finish the job...and this is how I look at it. For a while I thought that maybe I am being selfish - not medically needing this and all... You know what? If I am being selfish than so be it - I've gone most of my life NOT thinking about me - and look where it got me. This IS my time to shine, darn it!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #304

HT- I feel the same way!!!!! Yeah for surgery you will have to keep us posted! Like my arms were expensive but you cant put a price on how you feel after! I think I was like you, heavy my whole life and never have been thin as an adult, and now I want it gone!

I don't know if I talked to all since I saw my surgeon again? He is giving me a huge break $13,000 for the full TT and breast lift, he said since my tummy is so bad though I will have to do the surgeries separately he said he can keep me down like 5 hours in his OR at his office and he needs all that time for the TT, so then the BL like 2 months later, the tummy is the thing I want gone! I am going to try to get to 175 but I don't know that I can, I cant seem to get 1 freaking pound off to get under 200! He thought I looked great, he said I can feel your muscle under there he thought I lost like 60 pounds I said I only lost 39 since the arm surgery but the exercise is really helping.

He talked me out of the thigh lift, he said he doesn't think I will be happy, its expensive, the scarring is bad, etc, he said give your legs time to adjust, and with all this exercise you might be OK.

HT- look at a credit union, my surgeon works with one and I got the loan through them only 7.9% interest and I got 3 months no payments then the payment was a % of remaining balance, like $6000, first payment was $120 then it went down as I paid! I got a CC offer that was 2.9% for the life of the loan so I since transferred it there. Credit care I opened but the interest is sort of high, you gotta get creative, I don't have the money either but I am looking at it as a car payment for me! I am going to keep my car running and let my bod be my new car!!! LOL

So all said and done I will have spent $19,000 on PS, there is no price to put on that for how you feel after! Plus when I spent all that on my arms, it pushed me harder to work out and get them looking good, now I am getting ripped, LOL I figure the TT will do the same like maybe I will be able to get at least a 2 pack if I keep working out so hard, LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Hi, Ladies:

I very much support all of you if you choose to get rid of your excess skin or whatever issues you have. I have stated before that I lost 120 pounds from RNY and have had several procedures to remove skin and lift and tuck over the last year or so.

I have photos from baby shower for my cousin yesterday and there are a few shots of my new boobage in there. Check them out at the link here: JanaeShower

Happy Autumn!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Thank God my skin has always been very tight, maybe from years of using lots of lotions whatever it is it's helping me now! So hopefull I won't need to go that route. But for those who do, nothing wrong with it at all. I do see loose skin but not as bad as it could be it's not sagging just rumply-like. LOL I can't explain it.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #307

CLM- looking good, look at those boobies!!! LOL They look great you look like you could be that baby's Mom!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Wow I am so impressed with what everyone has done. I really think that I will get inner and outer thighs done at Christmas this year.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
I'm new to the forum. I had LapBand in August 2010. I've lost 80 pounds. I'm about 10 pounds from my goal weight. In December I have a tummy tuck, breast lift and breast implants scheduled. After I pay that off I'm doing my inner thighs.
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LCinHouston
Start Date: 12/12/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 View Post
I'm new to the forum. I had LapBand in August 2010. I've lost 80 pounds. I'm about 10 pounds from my goal weight. In December I have a tummy tuck, breast lift and breast implants scheduled. After I pay that off I'm doing my inner thighs.
I'm very new to my WLS, and I'm looking forward to the point where I'm ready for surgery. Each day is a new journey with this poor body and the skin is already sagging so much --- the arms WILL BE FIRST. LOL

Good luck!
LCinHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #311

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCinHouston View Post
the arms WILL BE FIRST. LOL
I've actually found that my arms are my most manageable area, especially with toning exercises and yoga. My boobs and my tummy are the worst so they are going to get the works.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #312

I think it depends on how you carry your weight.... apple shapes have a much easier time with excess skin as far as number of procedures. IE breast lift and TT are sufficient and arms and legs just a lil wobbly.

For pears, they seem to be "in between", they can usually avoid the arms and neck work but need lower body lift with thighs. Many seem to want boobs to balance out their shape.

For me, I am an hourglass and my weight was evenly distributed.... so I need the words... neck, arms, thighs, body lift upper and lower.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

I scheduled my breast lift and arms surgery for 12/20. I am pretty worried/scared/nervous. My arms aren't absolutely terrible - I guess that is the indulgent part of this. My girls are in total need of this lift... Wish me luck - both for he surgery and also for PAYING for it! CareCredit gives you 18 months with no interest... But I still have to come up with about 3K for the surgery center and the anesthesia...
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #314
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post

I have photos from baby shower for my cousin yesterday and there are a few shots of my new boobage in there. [/url]
That kid is loving your boobage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I've actually found that my arms are my most manageable area, especially with toning exercises and yoga. My boobs and my tummy are the worst so they are going to get the works.
Dang girl your new pic is AWESOME!!!!!!
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Another friend of mine with a Lap Band has lost 100 pounds. She was planning on a tummy tuck, arm lift and breast lift. After her tummy tuck though she said she may skip the breast lift because her breasts are already higher since the abdominal skin is weighing her down.

Just thought I'd throw that in for you guys to think about it
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did have the breast lift and silicone implants. I was amazed that he said I needed a lift because I had less than A cups and never was really big at top. But, after the lift was done, I was amazed how much better the nips look when they are where they should be up high! He did the key hole incision on me... one line straight down from nips and the circle around the nips. They look great and his incisions are just razor thin lines. You could not even see any stitching on the outside which I could not believe. My belly button is also very nice now after a year.
You look awesome!!! I'm doing a tummy tuck, breast lift and implants in December. Any tips or advice for me?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 AM   #317

Oh girls I am so happy for you guys!!! I will be praying hard for your surgeries!!! I am going to work like a dog to get more weight off! We just got back from our honeymoon, have you all been in a hottub naked, OMG the skin like floats, it was terrible I felt so disgusting!!! Thank goodness Tony is so supportive, he said calm down you will get it all fixed, I am planning my TT and BL in March I want to get 25 more pounds off til then or close to it!

Here is my pic, no words can express how glad I was to have that arm skin off for my wedding day! My cousin took me to the Bellagio for my hair and make up to be done, and they airbrushed my arms, I was bawling, no scars for my wedding day!!! 20 seconds of airbrush changed my life!!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

BEJEWELME! You look stunning!! So pretty and your arms look awesome. You would never know you had ever been overweight. You are so gorgeous and look so happy! CONGRATS AND BLESSINGS FOR A LIFE FULL OF LOVE AND LAUGHTER! (Oh, and HOT husband!)

Quote:
You look awesome!!! I'm doing a tummy tuck, breast lift and implants in December. Any tips or advice for me?
Spoiltmomof2: I had such a good surgeon and things all went so well for me from all 7 of my procedures that I don't know what I can advise. I had the tummy tuck/butt lift together. There was no pain with any of my surgeries. It was more like soreness (and the thighs were very uncomfortable for two weeks). The most sore part of tummy tuck was where he pulled the ab muscles back together. That felt like I had done a million sit-ups, but was definitely manageable.

My breast lift/implants and arm lift, was NOTHING!! I couldn't believe how easy they were. I was barely sore with movement.

I am very good at getting LOTS of protein and vitamins in every day and tried to walk around as much as possible. I really think that helps with healing. I also am NOT good at lying around the house. I was back in my office job in about 3 or 4 days after each surgery and driving.

I also don't like to take pain meds and only took them a day or two after each surgery.

I am still so thrilled and amazed that it is me in the mirror.

I have a CD from my doctor's office with my BEFORE (with all the hanging skin) and AFTER photos. It is a major difference and worth every penny I cleaned out of my bank account!! I now have to try to maintain and it is a struggle EVERY day!

Congrats to all of you and best wishes for healthy results.

Last edited by clmoore; 10-17-2011 at 04:41 AM..
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BEJEWELME! You look stunning!! So pretty and your arms look awesome. You would never know you had ever been overweight. You are so gorgeous and look so happy! CONGRATS AND BLESSINGS FOR A LIFE FULL OF LOVE AND LAUGHTER! (Oh, and HOT husband!)

Spoiltmomof2: I had such a good surgeon and things all went so well for me from all 7 of my procedures that I don't know what I can advise. I had the tummy tuck/butt lift together. There was no pain with any of my surgeries. It was more like soreness (and the thighs were very uncomfortable for two weeks). The most sore part of tummy tuck was where he pulled the ab muscles back together. That felt like I had done a million sit-ups, but was definitely manageable.

My breast lift/implants and arm lift, was NOTHING!! I couldn't believe how easy they were. I was barely sore with movement.

I am very good at getting LOTS of protein and vitamins in every day and tried to walk around as much as possible. I really think that helps with healing. I also am NOT good at lying around the house. I was back in my office job in about 3 or 4 days after each surgery and driving.

I also don't like to take pain meds and only took them a day or two after each surgery.

I am still so thrilled and amazed that it is me in the mirror.

I have a CD from my doctor's office with my BEFORE (with all the hanging skin) and AFTER photos. It is a major difference and worth every penny I cleaned out of my bank account!! I now have to try to maintain and it is a struggle EVERY day!

Congrats to all of you and best wishes for healthy results.
If you don't mind me asking, what size and type of implants did you go with? I'm pretty well decided on 375 CC gummy bear gel implants placed under the muscle but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, what size and type of implants did you go with? I'm pretty well decided on 375 CC gummy bear gel implants placed under the muscle but I'm not 100% sure.
I have 400 CC Natrelle/ALLERGAN silicone and I LOVE my new boobage. I am now a C cup and was less than an A before surgery. My doctor took over an extra hour in surgery to get them both even. He removed some of my old tissue from my right boob because it was a little larger than my left. They are great now! They are placed under the muscle.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #321

Thank you CLM!!!!! It was such a perfect day!!!!

As to my arms, I have to say I had no pain, just stiffness I didn't need any pain meds either, the only trouble I had was washing my hair at first, but after a week I was ok, I still have some pulling when I lift weights but nothing unmanageable, I was very surprised considering how ugly the scars looked that the pain was so little. And the scars do fade, just be patient, the thing you have to consider is the scar worth the end result, and in my opinion it was way worth it and I am willing to trade a few scars for the mess of skin I have. Having a full length mirror on vacation was the worst, OMG when I see my boobs I want to cry, I knew they were bad but bending over, oh lord, LOL
Like CLM when I see the before and then the after, I would have spent double I am so pleased those arms plagued me when I was fat and then the skin, so worth it!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #322

Bejewelme... Congrats! gorgeous pictures wow you look incredible!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Emerald
Stats: Nothing to see here folks....move along.
WOE: A 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Oh girls I am so happy for you guys!!! I will be praying hard for your surgeries!!! I am going to work like a dog to get more weight off! We just got back from our honeymoon, have you all been in a hottub naked, OMG the skin like floats, it was terrible I felt so disgusting!!! Thank goodness Tony is so supportive, he said calm down you will get it all fixed, I am planning my TT and BL in March I want to get 25 more pounds off til then or close to it!

Here is my pic, no words can express how glad I was to have that arm skin off for my wedding day! My cousin took me to the Bellagio for my hair and make up to be done, and they airbrushed my arms, I was bawling, no scars for my wedding day!!! 20 seconds of airbrush changed my life!!!!!

you look stunning!
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #324
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
Bejewelme you make a gorgeous bride!!!

Did you get married at the Valley of Fire?
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #325

Luna- Exactly right, Valley of Fire at the Seven Sisters Rock formation, it was stunning a beautiful evening, I cant wait to see the photos from the photographer he does beautiful work. It was almost full moon, and he had us like holding hands walking towards this huge moon between the rocks, I hope they come out nice, I was crying all day I am afraid I am going to be ridiculous in all the pics, LOL HOnestly I am still crying, LOL WHen I think about how much fun we had with everyone and the honeymoon, I just burst out in tears, LOL SUch an emotional journey this whole experience has been!

And to top it off, I entered the Atkins weight loss contest, I didnt win, but today I got an email, they want to use my story and pictures on their website and pay me $300 I am in shock!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And to top it off, I entered the Atkins weight loss contest, I didnt win, but today I got an email, they want to use my story and pictures on their website and pay me $300 I am in shock!!!!
COOL!! You will be so inspiring!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Luna- Exactly right, Valley of Fire at the Seven Sisters Rock formation, it was stunning a beautiful evening, I cant wait to see the photos from the photographer he does beautiful work. It was almost full moon, and he had us like holding hands walking towards this huge moon between the rocks, I hope they come out nice, I was crying all day I am afraid I am going to be ridiculous in all the pics, LOL HOnestly I am still crying, LOL WHen I think about how much fun we had with everyone and the honeymoon, I just burst out in tears, LOL SUch an emotional journey this whole experience has been!

Bejewel Me - WOWOWOWOWOW! Awesome pictures and so happy they want to use your story! I think how far you've come is amazing! I'm really happy for you for so many reasons!

Ladies who've had their arms done - can you please tell me how long before you could wear antiperspirant again? Was that a problem? Also, how about how limited was your movement and lifting or doing everyday things (not exercising, more like chore-type work...)? When were you able to shave under your arms again? Am I overthinking/overworrying about all this? The way I have it scheduled, I will have just under 2 weeks off before I have to go back to work. Can anyone remember how they felt 2 weeks after surgery? I'm just trying to get a feel for how uncomfortable I might be and what changes to my routine I might have... All advice/experiences welcomed!

Hi Everyone!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #328

I no longer need antiperspirant nor a razor to shave my pits lol. The stinky hairy part of my armpit is gone lol lol lol
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! I didn't even consider that THAT could happen! Good for you!!! Hope I get something similar!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #330

Yeah it was a while before I shaved but like Mary said, the hair didnt get long or anything, I probably shave once a month now under there, and it is harder like it has deep rut now, if you know what I mean? 2 weeks I was back at work, doing all the regular housework except laundry basket was hard to carry so I would throw the stuff a little at a time down the steps, scoop it up down the next steps, LOL You will be fine! I will send you some of my bolero shrugs, LOL I never want to see those darn things again!

I forgot to tell you this, but he airburshed my scars the day of my wedding when I got my make up done, no scars it made me just bawl 20 seconds, and 6 months of fussing over these darn scars and they were gone! It was amazing!