Originally Posted by CJ:) View Post
No Luna, no surgery approval yet.....
Approval vibes!!
Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
Thanks
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #273
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs and vibes}}}}}}}}}
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #274

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
CJ, did you send in appeals?

Hi everyone, here is my 1-month update... it's not all sunshine and roses. I'm happy with my results but there were some things which were unexpected. I hope this helps someone.

Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
MARYPOSA! You Rock!! Your arms look so tiny! Thanks for being so detailed in your video!

PHOTOS OF MY RESULTS:
I have posted photos of BEFORE and AFTER -- WITH CLOTHES ON -- HERE:

Just as a reminder from previous posts, I have had the following in the last year:

5'7" began at 261 in August 2008 when I had gastric bypass
Today try to maintain around 140

July 2010 -- Tummy Tuck/Butt Lift
Dec 2010 -- Lower face/neck lift and brow lift
June 2011 -- Upper Arm lift with incision only in arm pit/Thigh lift with incision only around upper thigh with skin pulled up and removed -- And breast lift with silicone implants

Here you go: CLMbeforeafter
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #276
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG girls finally I was worrying about you two!!!!

Maryposa- it will get better hun, it is a long road, and yes you cant believe the surgeons, my surgery scheduler who is his wife said I would be back at work in 3 days, ummm not!!! 2 weeks was OK, 3 would have been better! Your arms from what I can tell in your sleeves looks good I cant tell it is much thinner, I had to jump through your video will listen to more tonight at home!

CLMoore- OMG OMG OMG!! You look absolutely amazing!!!! You are beautiful!
You look no lie 20 years younger, you are so skinny!!! You have got to be feeling like a million bucks!!!!! Is that baby your grandbaby? You look like you could be the mom!!!!! WOW that totally inspires me to lose as much as possible before my surgeries next Spring!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
CLMoore- OMG OMG OMG!! You look absolutely amazing!!!! You are beautiful!
You look no lie 20 years younger, you are so skinny!!! You have got to be feeling like a million bucks!!!!! Is that baby your grandbaby? You look like you could be the mom!!!!! WOW that totally inspires me to lose as much as possible before my surgeries next Spring!
You are so sweet!! That little baby is my sweet little cousin. I am letting the "girls" out this week (after wearing my compression garments for six weeks on arms/thighs/boobs). It is so weird looking in the mirror and seeing a little cleavage out of the top of my shirts.

I'm still sleeping in the compression garments as I really do think it helps to shrink and shape things up.

FUNNY STORY: I really believe plastic surgeons are artists and think this of themselves. Mine told me last week that I need to make sure I show my new boobs to the three doctors who referred me to him. I told my boss this and told him that he must think my boobs look good and he is proud of his work. My boss said, well, it could be that he just promises all doctors who refer women to him, that he will get us all to come back and show them our boobs!

I go back to plastic surgeon in two months. He told me he wants to take my AFTER photos of my whole body at that time for his books. He said I need to put on a bikini and get some tan lines before then because it looks good in the photos. I told him I don't lay out in the sun and he told me to go get a spray tan then!

I am feeling LOTS better.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
clmoore - If my boobs look anywhere near as good as yours when I'm done I'll show them to anyone and everyone who asks!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
clmoore - If my boobs look anywhere near as good as yours when I'm done I'll show them to anyone and everyone who asks!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
I've been showing them to all my close girlfriends. Some want to poke them to see what they feel like. It's very funny.

I have to admit... I find myself liking to walk around naked in the house now and am amazed at what I see in the mirror. That has never happened in my WHOLE life!

I live alone... Need to find a good man to share this with!!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #280

I agree I think Plastic surgeons really pride themselves on what they can do, and lets face it they are awesome! When my aunt got her boobs I couldn't wait to feel them, LOL I am always honking them, she finds that disturbing, but she was so flat forever and now has boobs bigger than mine, LOL I cant help myself, LOL No wonder men love them!

I still like sleeping in my arm sleeves, it feels good having them tight.

Show that cleavage, cleavage is sexy! I miss cleavage,LOL Well I have it it is just down around my knee now, LOL

Well if you cant find a man looking like you do that is a problem!!!!! You are going to have your pick of men!!!! Make sure he is worthy of all that beauty!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I agree I think Plastic surgeons really pride themselves on what they can do, and lets face it they are awesome! When my aunt got her boobs I couldn't wait to feel them, LOL I am always honking them, she finds that disturbing, but she was so flat forever and now has boobs bigger than mine, LOL I cant help myself, LOL No wonder men love them!

I still like sleeping in my arm sleeves, it feels good having them tight.

Show that cleavage, cleavage is sexy! I miss cleavage,LOL Well I have it it is just down around my knee now, LOL

Well if you cant find a man looking like you do that is a problem!!!!! You are going to have your pick of men!!!! Make sure he is worthy of all that beauty!!!!!
That's so funny that you "honk" your aunt's boobies! I like your sense of humor.

Can you tell me where to find that man!!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #282

yOU WILL FIND HIM WHEN

YOU ARE NOT LOOKING
IN THE MOST UNLIKELY PLACE
AT THE MOST UNLIKELY TIME
WHEN YOU LOOK YOUR WORST

AND HE WILL BE PERFECT!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #283

Thanks gals!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yOU WILL FIND HIM WHEN

YOU ARE NOT LOOKING
IN THE MOST UNLIKELY PLACE
AT THE MOST UNLIKELY TIME
WHEN YOU LOOK YOUR WORST

AND HE WILL BE PERFECT!
Gosh! I hope so and soon!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #285
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaK
bdladie - I see that you are in the Detroit area (so am I). I would love to find out where you went and how much it cost. I have lost 52 lbs. so far (I have 50 more to go). Just looking at my arms *now* makes me REALLY worry about what they'll look like 50 lbs. from now.
LisaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #286
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
CJ, did you send in appeals?

Hi everyone, here is my 1-month update... it's not all sunshine and roses. I'm happy with my results but there were some things which were unexpected. I hope this helps someone.

‪1 Month Post Reconstructive Surgery - 16 Mos Post VSG‬‏ - YouTube
Hi Mary!!

I just now saw your video and I have to say I totally understand some of the things you said!! I have to have my tummytuck redone because it opened up.. then closed slowing while I had to pack it with gauze and it closed so crooked that I have a crease from my belly button to the incision line.. My tummy also looks really fat though I haven't gained any weight and I am about 20 pounds thinner then the day I had surgery.. There is no loose skin but it is like maybe scar tissue from the way it closed? Then my bellybutton is tiny tiny.. and when I say tiny I mean this is the size of my belly button ( O ) .. I can't even get my pinky in it and barely get a Qtip in it to swab it out after showering so I have to have it redone.. I also have a crease down my back.. Its like my butt is half way up my back.. Can I ask you how your surgeon is going to fix that issue for you? I was thinking maybe they would put some filler in to flatten it out or something.. but I have to have mine fixed as well.. I haven't decided about my arms yet.. They don't hang down as much as I thought they would.. I might get away with having them done with just an incision in my arm pit.. I am going to check on that.. but I think I might consider a chin lift like you are because that is the only area on my face that I am unhappy with... I did see my doctor 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that I have more hernias again so basically they are going to have to totally redo my whole surgery with 2 surgeons tag teaming me.. I am hoping to have it done early November so I can possibly be mobile by Christmas but in the meantime I am doing all my shopping right now so I won't have to worry about it if my recovery runs longer.

Anyway.. Thank you for the update.. I see that you and I have a few of the same issues so I can really relate to what you are going through..

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmoore View Post
I've been showing them to all my close girlfriends. Some want to poke them to see what they feel like. It's very funny.

I have to admit... I find myself liking to walk around naked in the house now and am amazed at what I see in the mirror. That has never happened in my WHOLE life!

I live alone... Need to find a good man to share this with!!
You look terrific!!!! I so want to get mine done because I think I need a lift and a little bit added to round them out.. but for now.. I have some great bras so mine look like yours does when I wear clothes but out of clothes they really don't look like I want them too!

I wanted to ask you all something.. Do you think there is a cutoff where you think someone is too old for surgery? I mean.. I don't feel old and my plastic surgeon told me most of her patients are in my age range (mid to uppper 40's) ... I wish I had lost this weight 15 years ago but I didn't lose my weight until the last few years.. If only I would of done it a long time ago.. I feel like I wasted so much time being heavy.

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post

I wanted to ask you all something.. Do you think there is a cutoff where you think someone is too old for surgery? I mean.. I don't feel old and my plastic surgeon told me most of her patients are in my age range (mid to uppper 40's) ... I wish I had lost this weight 15 years ago but I didn't lose my weight until the last few years.. If only I would of done it a long time ago.. I feel like I wasted so much time being heavy.
Cheri: Sorry you will have to have some surgery re-done. I hope it goes smoothly this next time and you are pleased with results. You have done so well losing all your weight!

As far as a cut off for age, I am 56 and had my first surgery at 55. I have a friend who is 70 and started two years ago at the age of 68 and has had every surgery I have except the thighs. She had tummy tuck, butt lift, face lift, arm lfit (with incision going down her upper arm), and a breast lift with silicone implants. SHE LOOKS AND FEELS GORGEOUS! She looks more like 60or younger.

I also saw the lady who on the TODAY SHOW last week who I think was 75 and had a boob job. Never too old? 75-year-old gets breast implants - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

It all depends on the health of our mind AND body. Why not try to look our best!?

UPDATE: It has been 12 weeks since my surgeries for arm lift with incision in arm pit only, thigh lift with incision only around upper thigh and groin, and my breast lfit with implants. They all look great. The incisions in my arm pit and around thighs have settled down and look flat and great. The only surgery I was worried about was the arm flab still didn't look as good as I hoped, but the skin seems to have tightened up more and I now will wear sleeveless tops for the first time in decades!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #288

CL- I have been waiting for an update the thighs scare me the most, I go 9/13 to plastic surgeon and we are going to talk about the surgeries I want next spring. My thighs are bad I have built so much muscle when I stretch it out behind me you can see the skin hanging and when I run it flaps, it is horrible!!!! That scares me but I am ready I know it is going to be bad, so do you think in 4 weeks I could go back to work with the TT, boob lift, and thighs? I drive and sit at a desk? I gotta think about paying for all this and the time off work, I have to talk to HR when I know more!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #289
Blabbermouth!!!

I have an appointment for a consult in early October. I know I'm not "there" yet, but I am closing in and I want to see what the doctor(s) will say for me. I also wonder how many things they can do at once - or even if I want them to do it all at once. I think I will need two surgeries - one for my top half and the other for my bottom half. I am still overwhelmed that it is potentially that close to happening!

CLMoore - Glad to hear you're pleased with your results! Wearing something sleeveless is something I do occasionally, but not without thinking about it all the time... How awesome to have all of this behind you!

Bejewelme - My thighs are horrendous, so I feel your pain! I hope you get the answers you want at your consult.

I am also interested in recovery time... If I get the top half done in December (lift/fix the girls, do something with my arms, and potentially a mini-lift or neck lift for my face...) I can get about 2.5 weeks off. Does anyone who has had some/all of this done have any ideas or advice about it?

Thanks everyone!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CL- I have been waiting for an update the thighs scare me the most, I go 9/13 to plastic surgeon and we are going to talk about the surgeries I want next spring. My thighs are bad I have built so much muscle when I stretch it out behind me you can see the skin hanging and when I run it flaps, it is horrible!!!! That scares me but I am ready I know it is going to be bad, so do you think in 4 weeks I could go back to work with the TT, boob lift, and thighs? I drive and sit at a desk? I gotta think about paying for all this and the time off work, I have to talk to HR when I know more!
Hi, Bejewelme:

I have an office job and I don't like missing work or staying home... so I may be different than some... I had arms, thighs, and boobs done in one 9-hour surgery on a Monday, and drove myself into the office on Friday. I only took pain meds for a day and a half. I wore support garments and the arms and boobs were NOTHING but a little sore for a couple of days. The thighs were not painful, but kinda miserable to get comfy. I walked a lot and had a big pillow in my chair and kinda slumped down to the edge to sit.

If I had it to do over, I would have bought one of those funnel-type things that I think women take for camping trips. I wore the below knee to waist tight support for my thigh and lipo around knees and did not remove it at all for about four days. It had a split crotch to pee, but that is a joke for women. I stood up and straddled my pottie, but pee would spray and I cleaned and cleaned and wiped down my support garment legs, etc. I think one of those funnels would have made it easier to "aim". It's not like we can just grab our Jim Dog like a man and aim the thing!

Also, I chose to wear my support garments 23 hours a day for six weeks and I think that really helps with shaping and support and swelling. I still sleep in them every night even at 12 weeks out.

Last edited by clmoore; 08-28-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I have an appointment for a consult in early October. I know I'm not "there" yet, but I am closing in and I want to see what the doctor(s) will say for me. I also wonder how many things they can do at once - or even if I want them to do it all at once. I think I will need two surgeries - one for my top half and the other for my bottom half. I am still overwhelmed that it is potentially that close to happening!

CLMoore - Glad to hear you're pleased with your results! Wearing something sleeveless is something I do occasionally, but not without thinking about it all the time... How awesome to have all of this behind you!

Bejewelme - My thighs are horrendous, so I feel your pain! I hope you get the answers you want at your consult.

I am also interested in recovery time... If I get the top half done in December (lift/fix the girls, do something with my arms, and potentially a mini-lift or neck lift for my face...) I can get about 2.5 weeks off. Does anyone who has had some/all of this done have any ideas or advice about it?

Thanks everyone!
Again, as stated above, I am not like everyone else...

For my first surgery which was tummy tuck with muscle repair and butt lift (incision all the way around my whole midriff) I had surgeries done on a Thursday and went back to office on Tuesday. I only took pain meds for two days.

For my lower face lift/neck lift and brow lift. I had surgery on Monday and drove into office on Thursday. I was swollen, but could wear some makeup and I wore cute knitted hats (it was December) since I couldn't fix my wild curly hair very well.

The only reason my doctor did my last three procedures at once in a nine-hour surgery, is because he had operated on me before and knew how I reacted and how healthy I am. That was the one with the arms, boobs, and thighs.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #292

I am finally gauze free and the biggest of my openings (left armpit) has finally healed! YAY!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I am finally gauze free and the biggest of my openings (left armpit) has finally healed! YAY!
That is a huge thang!! YAY! YAY! YAY!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #294

Thanks CLM, I was pretty good too after my arms I really had no pain, just looked like the devil's bride, LOL I think taking a month off will be plenty of time, I hate laying around but almost looking forward to it, I wonder how long you have to stay off exercise and stuff? I am pushing myself 6 days a week now to get into good shape the not smoking is not going well and I know I have to quit before hand so that is good motivation! Did you have a lift? Are your reattached nipples and stuff OK? And how is the belly button? There are some really freaky belly buttons out there, I am scared about that too, LOL

mary- the arms take a long time, I am 5 months out most people dont notice the scars unless I show them still there are some areas that are red and the darn puckering like the internal stitching takes forever!!!! My armpits look the worst. I cant wait for my doc to see the muscles though I am killing the arms and starting to get good divots and definition he is going to be shocked!

Hot Tamale- wait as long as you can for surgery, my arms were premature and I knew it but with the wedding coming, I wanted it done before, but like I have lost 35 pounds since then, and I cant help but wonder how much better it would have been had I just kept going.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks CLM. Did you have a lift? Are your reattached nipples and stuff OK? And how is the belly button? There are some really freaky belly buttons out there, I am scared about that too, LOL
I did have the breast lift and silicone implants. I was amazed that he said I needed a lift because I had less than A cups and never was really big at top. But, after the lift was done, I was amazed how much better the nips look when they are where they should be up high! He did the key hole incision on me... one line straight down from nips and the circle around the nips. They look great and his incisions are just razor thin lines. You could not even see any stitching on the outside which I could not believe. My belly button is also very nice now after a year.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info ladies! I am a bit against the clock with all of it - I had a filter put in my vena cava (is that right? I think its a Greenfield filter or something...) to help block blood clots during my RNY (I had a blood clot break loose and almost kill me in 2009) and I was told it has to be removed within two years (well, it should be - I am just barely 44 and I doubt that filter will last for the rest of my life - not to mention it scares me even being in there...) which would be early November 2012. I know everyone is different, but I am not exaggerating when I tell you I doubt there is much more to lose on me from the waist up...my stomach area is a significant problem but my arms are the least affected area. Soooo, I am really hoping for my questions and guessing to be answered at the consultation. I also wouldn't be getting things done until mid December - hoping to lose a significant amount of my remaining extra weight by then. Wish me luck!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wife of a Pilot
Stats: 270/233.0/ Size 10 or 38/28/38 (KMA scale!)
WOE: HCG drops/VLCD
Start Date: 8/28/11 P2 for 50 days. Restart P2 11/11/11
So glad you gals are posting all this

Thank you LCF and all you wonderful ladies who are sharing your life changing history with us. I have been researching hcg, low carb, life style changing for days now. I have been reading on when to get surgery etc. What I want to know is this...

With me in the early stages of the weight loss, what would you recommend knowing now, what you didn't know then ? In regards to body adjustment to the weight loss. Anything I can do now that you did or didn't do ?

Thanks!

CMoore, I'm from N. Miss
Wife of a Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #298

Start exercising now!!!! One it will help weight loss and it will help condition and get you in the best shape health wise and muscle wise for any surgery you may need!!! I fought exercise for the longest time, because I could lose on Atkins without exercise, but once I joined the gym, my whole body changed, now its all about building muscle to prepare for the surgeries I want next year, I am only losing about a pound a week but I keep losing inches form all the wokring out and running I am doing!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #299
Queen of the Planet of Redheads

Gallery: LunaAshling
Still sending good luck insurance vibes!!!!!!
LunaAshling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJ:)
Stats: 525/276/220 5'8" (16 lbs left, 40 lbs excess skin)
WOE: VLC and Exercise. (Meat/Egg/Cheesetarian)
Start Date: Dec 2003
Thanks Luna
CJ:) is offline   Reply With Quote