Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarthaM
Finding Martha

Where do I start? I feel terrible. So many aches and pains! When I did low carb earlier this year, I didn't notice feeling better. But after being off it for awhile, I can barely function. So, back on it I go. No more excuses! No more one more carb food. No more one more day.

Today is the day. Let's see if I start feeling better. I bet I will! And I want to keep track of it here. Daily if possible.

Day One (on a scale of one to ten) pain Nine, without pain pills. Weight 182lbs. Originally weighed over 200lbs. Don't want to do anything. Don't even want to get dressed. But I must.
MarthaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH I hope this is just what you need. Living in pain is no good!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Monica! What is JUDDD? (I guess I should look it up). :-)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259.8/200 next weigh 9/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013

You'll find great inspiration and support on this forum. Glad you joined us!
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks RR!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Dear self, I just realized that on low carb, I don't have acid reflux, but have gotten it again eating carbs. Try to remember this!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Day two: weight 178.5 (down from 182 yesterday), pain level still around 9, but mood is a little better. Shoulder really hurts, but think I have an injury, rather than it being from the fybromyalgia.

Tried a chocolate "cake" yesterday made with ground flax for flour. It was very eggy, but good. Not great, but good. It was very filling and I had a whoosh this morning, so may keep it for these two reasons. Might try baking it instead of microwave for better texture. Need to find something else new to try today.

DH agrees that I seem to be in more pain when I eat more carbs, such as ice cream, pasta, and bread. Speaking of...Wallyworld now carries the carb free pastas in the produce section. Yay! May try a macaroni and egg salad. Also, I make homemade banana pudding for my Dad and DH quite often, so I need to find the low carb banana pudding recipe I saved. It's on my Pinterest, I think.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Did well today staying LC. The banana pudding recipe I have needs lots of egg yokes, I'll need more eggs. Plus didn't feel like cooking today. I did make a soy milk drink with banana flavoring, which was good.
Now, what for supper?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #9

You are doing really well!

JUDDD is Dr. Johnson's Up Day / Down Day diet. It is basically calorie cycling! You seem to be doing great on LC.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Monica!

Day three: pain level still high 9, but mentally feeling well. Weight 177.5, down 1lb from yesterday.
I need to get more food pre-cooked, like meat and boiled eggs. Wasn't really hungry yesterday, so that's good, but didn't eat much either.

Someone stopped by this morning with fresh cookies.
Didn't eat any. Need to get rid of them. Either send them to work with DH or give them to DD. I feel like I need to taste them (2 kinds) so I can say they were good...but I know I'd eat a whole cookie. so no tasting!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #11

No tasting girl! If you are anything like me....ONE nibble means, no rest till ALL the cookies are gone! I simply have no restraint!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

I resisted the tasting! I did sniff them though, and they smelled good! So half went to my Dad and other half in DHs lunch. Had to remove the plate, so I didn't keep walking past it.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #13

GOOD THINKING!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I made it through the cookie challenge! I still almost ate one last night while packing DHs lunch. There were 5 cookies. 4 looks better. I could eat just one...No! Not good to eat sugar right before bed! In the frig goes the lunch and cookies! Close call!

Day 4: pain still bad, but maybe lessened a little. I'll say 8 1/2. still hoping for a reduction after bad carbs get all flushed out of my system. Weight 175.6. Down almost another lb. I don't expect to see a 1 lb loss every day, but I'll take it! Probably water. I can't wait to break 175! Haven't been below that for several years. The weight my body wants to hang onto is around 200 lbs. So am hoping with this WOE retraining, I can get that down for good.

I've decided to journal my stress levels too, and see how that affects my pain levels. I have fybromyalgia, APS, 4 ruptured disks, double knee injuries, and a torn something in my right shoulder. Geez! I jokingly say that God gave me a bad back so I wouldn't be out in the clubs dancing!