LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: azjim66
Stats: 289/271/225
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 8, 2014
Survived 1st 2 weeks of Induction!!

Hi all, My first week I had a rough time during days 3 and 4, not so much being hungry or craving sugar but mostly feeling like I had zero energy and I had a pounding headache. By day 5 I felt fine and had a great week weight loss wise as I dropped 12 lbs. So week 2 is completed and I lost another 2 lbs. Not quite the drop from week 1 but I assumed I would lose less. I feel great, my only issue is not being so regular which is pretty uncomfortable. I figure that my body is adjusting to the lack of carbs and will eventually figure it out...I'm looking forward to that. My wife and I met friends out and they all had the usual happy hour fare that is loaded with carbs but I had a salad.. My buddies laughed at me but I was fine and wasn't tempted at all, I did have two Michelob Ultras, which tasted fantastic!!! So if they slowed me down this week then so be it.. I can give up breads, sugar and pasta but I like to have a beer or a cocktail here n there so it is what it is... I'll just keep it to low carb beer and my other usual.. Jack n diet coke!! I have been taking my bike out for after dinner rides around my neighborhood , which has some nice hills ... just to work up a sweat (not hard in summertime in Phoenix!!) and try to get in better overall shape. So I didn't follow the induction plan to the letter by sneaking in a few beers but.. I lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks and I am pleased.. going forward I assume that I will continue to lose in smaller increments but I see no problem staying away from the carbs!! I plan on staying on my version (occasional beer/drink... the Jimmy Plan.. ) of induction for awhile.
azjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links