Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Bluebell's Bellum

Hi LCFers --

About me: 27 years old, 5'3 ", been overweight for about 20 years. Currently at 190 lbs.

Not new to to low carbing -- been on Atkins about three times, to great results but never cracked even the 3-week mark before.

Why I'm here -- have never felt so out of control of my life and myself as I do right now, am desperate to establish control over my carb addiction and weight.
My main goal is accountability and being doggedly consistent each day, if not perfect.

My WOE: anything goes under 20 net carbs/day.
During the first few days, will probably go a little over that to counteract "induction flu"...
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Day 1 (Jul. 15)

Breakfast: coffee w/ HWC and 2 Splenda, omelet w/ mushrooms, tomato and Jack cheese, bacon

Snack: pork rinds

Lunch: burger patty w/ cheddar cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise and dill pickle

Dinner: basil-tomato cream soup with Italian sausage and parmesan

Water: 6 glasses

NET CARBS: 25

NOTES: the tomato soup at dinner is where I screwed up -- I had two helpings. Sigh.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Day 2 (Jul. 16)

Breakfast: fried eggs, bacon, 1 cup of coffee w/ HWC and 2 Splenda

Lunch: burger patty w/ cheddar cheese/mushrooms/mayo and cucumber-hearts of palm-black olive salad w/ apple cider vinaigrette

Dinner: all the roast chicken skin in the world, drumsticks, 2 jalapeño peppers, cabbage slaw with spicy vinaigrette

Water: 7 glasses

NET CARBS: 15

NOTES: Better. And 11 of those net carbs came from veggies. I'm seriously already feeling the positive change in terms of gastric issues (heartburn, distended abdomen, etc.). Main thing right now is that I just feel so...serene that I'm finally doing something about my weight. Night after night this year I'd just sort of hopelessly stuff carbs and booze in my face to numb the anxiety about not doing anything about my weight. Not a good place to be in mentally.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member
 
MrsBettyDraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 46
Gallery: MrsBettyDraper
Stats: 198/183/145 5'4"
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Hi there! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. You're doing great! I LOL'd at your dinner description last night: "all the roast chicken skin in the world"! Too funny. I buy at least one ready to go roast chicken from Costco per week and do the same thing.
MrsBettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBettyDraper View Post
Hi there! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. You're doing great! I LOL'd at your dinner description last night: "all the roast chicken skin in the world"! Too funny. I buy at least one ready to go roast chicken from Costco per week and do the same thing.
LOL! There is nothing yummier (and lazier)!! Thanks for stopping by. I feel like we need some Betty gifs here
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Day 3 (Jul. 17)

Breakfast: cup of tea with one Splenda, 25 almonds

Lunch: 1 cup tomato broth (quit eating because it tasted suspicious), 1/2 avocado, 1 slice Monterrey Jack cheese, 1 cup lettuce with 1 tbsp Caesar dressing, chicken breast

Dinner: chicken in creamy mushroom sauce (1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 cup mushrooms, 1 garlic clove and a Tbp parmesan) and 2 cups of cauliflower (riced)

Water: 6 glasses

NET CARBS: 19

NOTES: today I felt I did very well. Was not tempted to cheat. Will test ketostix tomorrow!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member
 
MrsBettyDraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 46
Gallery: MrsBettyDraper
Stats: 198/183/145 5'4"
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Hey there! For the vanilla popsicles I just freeze nonfat vanilla yogurt in my little Zoku popsicle maker. Works like a charm!
MrsBettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBettyDraper View Post
Hey there! For the vanilla popsicles I just freeze nonfat vanilla yogurt in my little Zoku popsicle maker. Works like a charm!
Ooh! I bet they're awesome. I've also done vanilla pudding popsicles before and they were just insane. Have to find some SF options...
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Feeling kind of low today. Had a headache and some nausea right after lunch, took a 1-hour nap (yes, I'm blessed to work at home 80% of the time), then had some coffee and feeling better.

I think part of the lousiness is non-dietary: we're in the process of selling our house to pay off some fairly urgent debt, and it's taking longer than we expected. Oh well. I am so glad I am on LC now because before with each setback I'd just stuff myself with carbage and booze and feel increasingly awful.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Day 4 (Jul. 18)

Breakfast: 25 almonds, 2 slices of Jack cheese

Lunch: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon

Snack: Coffee w/ 1 Tb heavy cream and 2 Splenda

Dinner: chicharrones (pork rinds fried in rendered fat aka low-carb DREAM food on par with roast chicken skin!!), 2 jalapeños w/ 1 slice melted Jack cheese and 1 Tb sour cream, 2 cups spicy cabbage/cucumber slaw (dressed with apple cider vinegar and lime juice, garlic hot sauce, tons of salt to counteract possible Induction flu. Crazy about this slaw -- it's so refreshing and tangy when paired with rich succulent proteins!)

Water: 8 glasses

NET CARBS: 20

NOTES: need more veggies, no more nuts! 4 days of clean eating yay!!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Well, this is reassuring! Tested on a ketostick first thing this morning and it immediately turned "moderate" purple! Yesterday it was a shade of pink shy away from even "trace"!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Trying BPC for the first time today! Will update later how it goes!!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Day 5 (Jul. 19)

Breakfast: BPC coffee (1 Tb butter, 1 Tb HWC, 1 Splenda)

Lunch: Mock fried rice (1.5 c cauliflower, 1/4 c chives, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp grated ginger, 1/4 c mushrooms, 3 Tb soy sauce, chicken, pork, bacon, egg)

Dinner: chicharrones and spicy coleslaw (1 c shredded cabbage, 1/2 c cucumber, 1 Tb lime juice, 2 Tb apple cider vinegar), 1 small jalapeño pepper

Water: 8 glasses

NET CARBS: 20

NOTES: the BPC did make me feel more alert, although I was still yawning mid-afternoon.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell Blue View Post
Hi LCFers --

About me: 27 years old, 5'3 ", been overweight for about 20 years. Currently at 190 lbs.

Not new to to low carbing -- been on Atkins about three times, to great results but never cracked even the 3-week mark before.

Why I'm here -- have never felt so out of control of my life and myself as I do right now, am desperate to establish control over my carb addiction and weight.
My main goal is accountability and being doggedly consistent each day, if not perfect.

My WOE: anything goes under 20 net carbs/day.
During the first few days, will probably go a little over that to counteract "induction flu"...
that's exactly how I feel....I need to get control over my carb addiction.

that's a good goal, and a reasonable one. Progress, not perfection, right?
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell Blue View Post
Feeling kind of low today. Had a headache and some nausea right after lunch, took a 1-hour nap (yes, I'm blessed to work at home 80% of the time), then had some coffee and feeling better.

I think part of the lousiness is non-dietary: we're in the process of selling our house to pay off some fairly urgent debt, and it's taking longer than we expected. Oh well. I am so glad I am on LC now because before with each setback I'd just stuff myself with carbage and booze and feel increasingly awful.
boy, does THAT sound familiar



I hope the sale goes through very soon!
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell Blue View Post
Well, this is reassuring! Tested on a ketostick first thing this morning and it immediately turned "moderate" purple! Yesterday it was a shade of pink shy away from even "trace"!
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina View Post
that's exactly how I feel....I need to get control over my carb addiction.

that's a good goal, and a reasonable one. Progress, not perfection, right?
I can't even explain the peace of mind I've had just being on a plan and having weightloss goals to work towards...and LC makes me feel more in control because at least I don't have to deal w/ actual hunger, just carb-addict cravings. But seriously, in these 6 days on plan I've felt less depressed, more positive and actually feeling hopeful. Next step is stopping with food fetishization and just trying to have a normal relationship with it. Easier said than done...
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Bluebell Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 66
Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristina View Post
boy, does THAT sound familiar



I hope the sale goes through very soon!
Thanks for the good vibes!! my thinking: if it wasn't this stressful situation in particular, it'd be another one, right? Within reason, we all have to stop using life difficulties as shields to hide behind while we do damage to ourselves.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell Blue View Post
I can't even explain the peace of mind I've had just being on a plan and having weightloss goals to work towards...and LC makes me feel more in control because at least I don't have to deal w/ actual hunger, just carb-addict cravings. But seriously, in these 6 days on plan I've felt less depressed, more positive and actually feeling hopeful. Next step is stopping with food fetishization and just trying to have a normal relationship with it. Easier said than done...
I feel that way too. I love that the cravings are gone
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
oh...where are you?

just thought I'd peek in. hope you're doing ok!
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 28,170
Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.