Old 07-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Autumn
Stats: Restart: 263/252/199 (1st Goal)
WOE: Low Sugar/Low Processed Foods
Start Date: March 2014
Autumn's Colors

Dear Diary,
(LOL) I have never kept a journal on here before...not entirely certain how much I will discuss on here. I am by nature, a private person- but also I do not have internet access at home anymore! I am typing this at my local library! So I have to (quickly) introduce myself. Hello, I'm 'Autumn'...I live in the USA. Single, no children. I have been overweight since I was in college, and it has been a struggle to lose weight. I haven't been under 200 pounds in at least a decade....sometimes I would dip under 200 and then rise back up again. My highest (known) weight is 263. I do have a scale at home but I am going to follow my doctors scale, which says I weigh quite a bit more than my home scale (isn't it always that way?) I won't weight in again until September, but I do weigh at home and I can see progress in how my clothes fit.

I was on Atkins, off and on. Now I'm doing something a bit more radical...a Vegan based plan. I watched a documentary called 'Forks over Knives'...it had made a lot of sense to me, and so I have been trying it. It is still low sugar...and I'm not completely on plan. I have made up my own plan to fit my budget and life circumstances. It is the longest I have made an attempt at weight loss. Also there is no one out there to impress, like a boyfriend or some major event I must lose weight for. I'm doing it for me And it just takes time for it to work- that is what I have learned. No quick fixes...

Thank you all for your support on this site
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I rejoined Planet Fitness....not so bad...although showering there was awkward. I miss the YMCA showers (never thought I would think that!!) LOL. It's just too hot here to walk around all sweaty after working out.

Also a couple of weeks ago, I bought a yoga DVD and have been periodically been doing that. It's more for relaxation than for fitness...although it is said to help with both. Actually it was very relaxing- I liked the instructors.

Eating? Oh, well I'm on a tight, tight budget...a lot of vegetable soup. Salads for lunch. Cereal with soymilk. I draw disability and recently have merged a bunch of debts together into a payment plan...so I am living cheap. I hope to get back to working part time this Fall.

This diary (if I stick with it) won't be obessing about my WOE (which I have done too many times in the past) I hope it will be about making my healthy choices in habits...so I no longer have to force to do what it right for my body...I just do it! Have a great day everyone...thanks for reading.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

A little cooler this morning (YAY!)

So I am usually a 'stats' person. Usually I take my measurements...write down calories (if not on Atkins)...make a weight loss chart. Just all of it...you all know the drill. Well, this time I have NOT taken my measurements...although now I wish I did. I have just gone through the obsessing over the diet too many times...time to mature in the way I view health. And also in the way I view food...it is not my best friend. LOL...seriously!

TV was also a best friend and I have recently shut off my cable because of financial problems...but as it turns out...I can live without tv. I do have an atenna, but it comes in lousy. So I guess you could say that is making a big lifestyle change right there...turning off cable. Now I read regularly. No internet at home or smart phone, which, for sure would be a huge distraction. My brain is never quiet when I am online- I don't know. It became an obstacle for me. I know someday I'll have to upgrade my cell phone, but for now I'm fine with a cheap old phone.

Anyways, as I was saying about Stats...although I do keep track of my weight almost daily on my scale...I don't keep track of how much I eat. I DO have some stats to jot down here....

1st Weigh In at Doctors Office- March 4, 2014 - 263 Pounds
2nd Weigh In at Doctors Office- June 3, 2014 - 252 Pounds
3rd Weigh In at Doctors Office- September 2, 2014 - ???

Yeah, there will always be a part of me that wants to obsess...it's difficult to break that habit.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I forgot to jot down my stats for exercise! How dare I miss that??

On Monday, 7/7/14, I walked 2 miles on treadmill...for one hour. Thats half an hour miles so pretty slow compared to the younger people around me, but WHATEVER! I gotta start somewheres. I did do some circuit training for my arms...but very light weights. I think 10 pounds. I was wiped out the following day after working out, but ready to go back again this afternoon.

Why do they make the showers so tiny? How come there isn't any place to set your shampoo? Why Planet Fitness? Why? It's true I could just shower at home...I might end up doing that. I just wanna get it out of the way.

A little more about my weird WOE...I have been using things I have learned through other weight loss diets. Like for emotional eating- that is a big one for me. Food being my 'friend' really isn't a joke or an exaggeration...on some level it has been 'there' for me. When I feel any emotion at all, it was there for me. Also growing up in a home with not much food...will make a hungry adult. I valued food a lot. Now I'm restricting my food because of a tight budget, reminds me of how it was when I was young. And yet, I'm eating vegetables so I know I'm not really depriving myself. And I do take a multivitamin for good measure.

The first month I went 'Vegan-ish' as I call it- LOL...although I do still eat meat and dairy....so 'Vegan inspired' is more appropriate...the first month was hard coming off of sugar. I was hungry all the time. Literally every 15 minutes I wanted to eat. Now I can go hours...which is strange for me. Getting on a normal eating pattern has been a big deal.

Also I feel that highly processed foods just mess us up. Sure they taste good to us, and they can be cheap...but they make me feel tired and depressed. At first I craved junk all the time....it has gotten better with time. I would allow myself a treat once a week....now sometimes I skip the 'treat' to get fruit or something healthy that is a bit more expensive. It's weird how habits can change. Just gotta stick to it.

I always know there is a chance I'll fall off the wagon. I am taking this more seriously because I was feeling a lot of pain from my back to ankles. Weight related pain. Pain that could be avoided just by losing weight. I was angry with myself and I happened to see the 'Forks Over Knives' documentary. So I am powering my way through to 199. Hell or high water. I guess sometimes you have to get seriously angry with yourself before you'll change your circumstances.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131.8/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Great journal! I also saw that documentary and I agree with a lot of it although I'm not about to go vegan but did agree with the point they made about cutting out sugar. Did you also see the 2nd Forks over Knives video called Engine 2 rescue kitchen about the guy from the firehouse going to people's houses and helping them? I thought that was interesting too.
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Hello Kismet311 Yes, I did see the cooking special...and well of course I have a crush on that guy- lol. The athlete turned Fireman- lol. I believe he is the son of one of the Doctor's in the main documentary. 'Real Men Eat Plants!' LOL...Oh Vegan would be difficult for me to do 100%. I don't have any personal feelings about eating meat either way- I was raised on meat and milk and cheese, etc. It was the science behind it that got me, and so, here I am! I would eat all organic if I could afford it, that I do feel more strongly about because I don't like the unknown chemicals in our food. I eat a lot of canned vegetables because of cost- but it's a start! Thanks for stopping by- have a great day!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Hello All- It's Friday

Or just laundry day for me- at a relative's home right now- doing lots of laundry and borrowing their WiFi I don't have a laptop at home- the last computer I bought was a desktop. I guess I don't upgrade because...I don't want to be addicted again. I really do think I was an online addict- not in the cute way we all refer to it...but in a more serious, 'I never wanna leave my house' kind of way. Yeaaahh....between internet, cable tv, and food- I didn't really feel like I needed to leave home. So, now...I'm making big changes! It's been a process.

So, I did go to the gym again this week....2.2 miles in about an hour. It's an hour walk and then a short cool down period on the treadmill. I did do more weights- couldn't name them for ya- lol. You know, the kind that makes your arms do this and that...and things for your inner and outer thighs...you know? LOL....Still awkward at the gym for me. I'm a loner so working out in public....really, really, um...sucks. LOL- it does. But I live in a city, it's safer and actually more private at the gym than walking outside. I have walked on the sidewalks- which is fine. When the weather gets cooler, I will probably do more outdoor walking. Maybe add nature trails- although walking alone in the woods, as a woman, freaks me out a bit. I grew up in nature- I'd like to take more nature walks, but I have to be cautious.

I weighed myself on the Planet Fitness scale- ranked me at about 248...sneakers n' all. I can't say it as reliable as the doctor's scale- but more accurate than my scale at home- which reads that I'm in the low 230's (won't that be great when it's true!) LOL....I know it's not accurate because I'm usually a size 22/24 when I'm at that weight. Right now I'm a 24/26. A comfortable 26...a tight 24. I'm hoping by fall I'll be a 24.

Oh hey- didn't give you my clothing stats!! Well, lets do it! At my highest weight, 263, I was a size 4x shirt, 28 pant. Now that is wearing those clothes comfortably. I could have worn a 3x, but I thought it showed my 'belly bulge' too much. I carry my weight in my stomach and hips. Flat butt, smaller bust, smaller legs. A potato on toothpicks- lol. Not that my arms and legs are skinny....but my pant legs are always large because I need the large size pants to fit over my stomach. It's all about the dumb stomach. I didn't get the big bust like some bigger women get...my chest grew to a large C-cup and stopped. So I'm out of proportion- it' stinks. But hey, I'm working on it.

I'm going to browse the site now, since I have more time (an hour limit at the library!) Have a great weekend everyone- enjoy the summer
Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I'm just checking in! I think I am in the 240's now. Hard to say since I am relying on my scale and the gym scale, which both say way different things. At home I'm in the 220's...in the REAL world...lol...I'm in the 240's. Thats with clothes and sneakers on. At home, I uh...weigh in the buff. LOL...but also that scale is a flattering liar! LOL...

Still it's nice to see those numbers. My clothes are baggier too. I bought two carpis just last month that were a bit uncomfortable and now they're baggy. I washed and dried the cotton ones to purposefully shrink them and they're still baggy. It's weird for me...I haven't had clothes be baggy on me in a long time. It is a weird sensation to lose weight...this week I seemed to have lost quickly and it has surprised me. Not that I'm complaining- just a new feeling.

Check back in later ; ) Happy Summer...
Old 07-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I weighed myself at the gym yesterday...with sneakers on...I weighed 244 (woohoo!) If thats true, thats 8 pounds since June 3rd. Slow weight loss...but I'll take it.

I am walking faster now on the treadmill...over 2.5 miles in an hour....slowing...getting...somewhere. LOL....
Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hey All!

Last Friday I walked 3 miles...and then limped to my car on blisters...lol. I walked 2.5 miles in an hour and then decided to hop on the treadmill a little later for the last half mile. My legs are definitely stronger and I can walk without huffing and puffing...but I should say that I don't do an incline on the treadmill. All easy walking right now.

Not sure what my weight is now...still in the 240's...will probably be in this 'decade' for a while, lol. Hopefully it will be my last time visiting this 'decade'!