Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
60 Days to Goal

I have 60 days until my first day of grad school on August 18, and I am aiming to finally get to my goal of 124 lbs OR fit comfortably into size 4 pants (or both!) when I arrive on campus.
My lowest has been 137.6 since starting LC in October 2013 for a loss of 31.4, but I gained back 15 in May when I tried intuitive eating (which really equaled non-intuitive binging). I then went on a cruise the first week of June, which probably resulted in more weight gain since I ate lots of high carb foods, but I didn't dare weigh.
I am back on LC, and I am in it for the long haul!

My journal: 60 Days to Goal!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Day 1: 6/19
Weight: 147.4 (down 5.2 since June 1 - who knows what the loss really is after the cruise gain)
Size: 8, with a little room/Uncomfortable 6

I am on day 4 of a modified fat fast, and I have found that I definitely need to have protein with my fat. The meals have been great but lowering my protein too much (ie. eating too many cheesecake muffins and plain cream cheese) seems to result in water retention.

My plan was to eat only 1 low protein meal, but I definitely feel fuller when I eat protein! I couldn't eat all 5 meals yesterday once I upped protein because I was so satisfied. I don't want to drop my cals too low, so I will have 2 low protein meals, just so I have enough hunger to ensure I eat all 5.

Today's plan
Protein meals: Crab salad, pepperonis with cream cheese, egg salad
Low protein meals: Cheesecake mousse, citrus cheesecake
Old 06-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Day 2: 6/20
Weight: 145.6

Fat fast day 5! I experienced a little carb craving last night but it was silenced with my last meal of the day. I really want to figure out how I can incorporate the fast into my permanent WOE because it's really been great. I feel so much lighter and I'm more regular, too. Maybe I will play around with doing it once or twice a week from now on.

Today's plan
Protein meals: Egg salad, pepperoni with cream cheese, chicken salad, snack cheese
Low protein meals: cheesecake mousse

Last edited by qurlybee; 06-20-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Day 3: 6/21 *happy summer!*
Weight: 144 - I met my first mini weight goal!

I am officially done with my fat fast but I am concerned about the transition. I think I ultimately want to follow Atkins '72 for the rest of my weight loss journey though.
I am going to try eating 3 fat fast meals and 2 regular meals of 5 or less carbs each and see what happens on the scale tomorrow.

Today's plan
Fat fast meals: chicken salad x 2, cheesecake mousse
Regular meals: 1/3 flax pizza, bunless cheeseburger
Old 06-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I ate the whole flax pizza for 13 carbs instead of the burger and I began some toning workouts today! Hoping any water weight I put on from the exercise will exchange for inches!

Tomorrow's plan
Fat fast meals: Egg salad x 2, buffalo shrimp salad
Regular meals: gorditas made with cauliflower tortillas x 2

Last edited by qurlybee; 06-21-2014 at 05:52 PM..
Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Today's weight: 142.8! Officially 5.2 from my lowest, 11.8 from the high end of my ideal weight for my large frame, and 18.8 from goal. Whooo!
Once I am out of the 140s (for the LAST time!), I am going to move to Atkins '72 to slow down the weight loss some while still getting to eat "normal" food. My family and friends would just about die if they saw the amount of mayo I slop on everything now!
Any words of advice for transitioning completely out of the fat fast/success on '72 is definitely welcome! For now, I plan to drop one fat fast meal per day until I'm back to normal VLC on Wednesday.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

My body rejected (literally) my fat fast meal, so I just went for a dill pickle spear and the gorditas instead, which were great! I used 3 cauliflower tortillas spread with cream cheese, shredded beef, a little cheddar on top, and Clasico seasoning. Definitely a winner, and it felt great to know I was finally getting in some veggies.
When I got hungry again, I sprung for a scoop of carb-conscious ice cream. Body didn't like that AT ALL. So that is going in the trash. Next time I will just stick to the ice cream I can make for less than 3 carbs and no gut-destroying ingredients. A little less convenient but definitely worth it if I want ice cream again.

I don't expect a gain tomorrow, but probably a less dramatic drop. But now I am toying with the idea of moving to a low carb intuitive eating plan (kind of an oxymoron because you're supposed to eat whatever you want, but that did NOT work for me!). I am thinking of waiting for hunger and eating whatever low carb foods I want until I'm satisfied so I won't need to do any counting. And it will give me a chance to try out a bunch of new recipes I've been avoiding because they were more than 5g of carbs or so per serving, and I was trying to keep it below 10 in the past.

Since I'm in the middle of packing for a move, eating exactly what I'm craving will be hard since I only have groceries for particular meals to reduce fridge clutter so I will just do what I can until I'm all moved in and will have more freedom. I will probably still end up eating VLC because it doesn't seem to take much food for me to approach satiety. I'll see how it goes!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Today's weight: 142.8
Thank God for no gain! I'm still ahead of schedule for reaching goal by August 18.
There could be a lot of contributing factors for the non-loss like the intro of training, the sugar in the ice cream, or just the complete stopping of fat fasting. I had about 18g carbs yesterday, so I don't think that is to blame. In any case, I will continue workouts and will definitely be going back to 0 sugar. I am going to test out eating LC foods I want when hungry and see what happens.