Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Onederland in 2014 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/833401-onederland-2014-a.html)

AsmallerME 06-10-2014 10:18 AM

Onederland in 2014

Hi everyone. Rather that revive an old journal, I'm starting fresh. My down and dirty is that I joined this site 11 years ago!!! Holy cow!! Life has thrown me some major curve balls and I've experienced the best moments of my life over the past decade and the saddest. But I'm determined to make this next chapter about me and my health and happiness.

I've had great success with Atkins twice before. Once in 2003 and once in 2012. And I'm ready to find success again.

Today is day 2. I restarted yesterday, on a Monday of course!! ;)

I'm going to use this journal to track food, weight loss, and all the feelings that come along the way. My main goal is to see onederland before this year ends. I'm not sure how much I weigh now. I'm guessing 260. I'll get a scale this weekend and find out for sure!!:eek:

Today:
B: omelet with lots of veggies and coffee and cream
L: scrambled eggs with peppers, sausage, and cheese
D: double cheeseburger with bacon and mayo

Jeannecgo 06-11-2014 03:42 AM

Hi Amber......so glad your back! This is the perfect time to get on track. It's great for summer veggies and long walks. 2014 is our year!

I will be right here with you on the journey. I have lost 53 pounds so far this year. I am now at 202. I hope to get to 150 by Christmas.

I know we can do this!!

AsmallerME 06-11-2014 09:15 AM

Hi Jean!!! So good to see you too!!! ((hugs)) Wow!! 202!!! WTG!! Any tips?

So last night I was super hungry. I baked a bunch of bacon and ate that with a big glass of ice water. It killed the hunger/cravings and I stayed on plan! Today is day 3! Usually for me it gets easier on day 4. So yay!!

B: bacon and coffee w/ cream
L: salad topped with chicken salad
D: not sure yet. May do a bunless philly cheesesteak

AsmallerME 06-13-2014 05:54 AM

Today is day 5!! Yay! I'm slightly less hungry and am not having headaches or anything so I think I may be firmly on the other side of the induction flu. I buy a scale tomorrow!! Eeek!

Last night I had bacon cheeseburgers topped with a fried egg. I'm telling you, it was amazingly delish. Today's breakfast is an omelet with broccoli, cheese, sausage, and red onion. Lunch will likely be a salad.

Jeannecgo 06-14-2014 04:04 AM

You hit day 5.......you got this!! It gets so much better when the cravings disappear, I think that took a month or more for me.

I hope you get out and enjoy the weekend. It's going to be beautiful here in Chicago so I can't wait to get out and do some walking. It's Art Fair weekend so that will be great, I just wish the didn't serve alcohol.....that is still my big weakness.

AsmallerME 06-18-2014 10:39 AM

I had an emotionally difficult weekend. It threw me through a loop and I didn't make the greatest choices with LC. But I'm back with it.

B: coffee w/ cream; eggs
L: salami and cheese
D: chicken and veggies

I am going to make a batch of cream cheese muffins tonight. I love them and want to use one or two as snacks to get over my mid-day desire to munch.

I also didn't get a scale this weekend. But I am getting one tomorrow. So scale weighing shall commence soon. Even though I am terrified.

AsmallerME 06-19-2014 06:41 AM

Had an amazing omelet for breakfast today. I swear cheddar, red onion, sausage, and spinach is like the perfect combo. I recommend it to everyone.

Last night I had some turkey, salami, pickle, cheese, mayo rollups. Probably ate one too many because they were so tasty and I didn't realize how full I was getting. It's funny how much I love LC foods and yet I always find reasons to stray. I need to just stay committed.

I get my scale tonight. Yay!

Jeannecgo 06-19-2014 04:59 PM

Good on the scale.....though I just hate them! I totally sympathize with you on the bad few day, I hit the same ditch. But yesterday and today were good.....so onward we go! I just know we will be in a good place by the end of the year.