Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
BMD
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BMD
Stats: 242/242/180
Becoming Healthy Mama

Where do I start? With some history, I suppose.

In September of 2002, I was in a new city with a soon-to-be husband and fat. 257 lbs. My decision to give Atkins a try was almost random and definitely not very well thought out. But, it worked and I stuck with it and over the course of a year, I was down 60 pounds. And then with stops and starts over the next couple years, I hit the 90 pounds lost mark. I was below 170. Something I never thought I'd be; something I hadn't seen since early high school. I was in a size 14 and some 12's. It was amazing, but of course I wasn't satisfied.

And then life happened.

I finished my master's degree and got a fulltime job. A good thing, for sure, but that meant leaving a lifestyle of dragging heavy books all over campus and having plenty of free time to hit the trails on my bike to sitting at a desk 40+ hours a week with only the occasional stroll through the halls to a different office. Add 20+ pounds.

And then it was time to start a family. Except that didn't happen as easily as I thought it would and with every passing month, I was stuffing more and more comfort food (CARBS) into my face. Add 20+ more pounds.

And then I actually got pregnant. Holy weight gain, Batman! Add 60+ pounds!

Luckily, being pregnant in the heat of the Ohio summer had caused an insane amount of swelling so delivering a 7.5lb baby helped me lose 30lbs in a matter of weeks. And I was able to lose a few more over his first 2 years.

And then, we started trying for baby #2. Bring on the emotional rollercoaster and comfort food eating. Add 20 more pounds.

And here I am today. A year and a half of trying to conceive. I've been checked out. There's nothing wrong. The only thing left to consider is my weight. So, it's time. And if it doesn't help us conceive, well, at least I can be a hot mama. More importantly, I want to be a healthy mama who feels like running after my super energetic toddler and hopefully a second one soon.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
BMD
Junior LCF Member

I had a very emotional weekend and kept asking myself if I really even cared about losing weight. I do. Not for vanity, but for being a better mom. So...I did my grocery shopping and set myself up for a good week.

I planned on getting up early to walk with the dog, but I hadn't anticipated E falling out of bed at 2am and me being unable to fall back asleep. I got the walk in this evening, though.

I had a great day of eating.
B: 3 eggs in butter, coffee
L: tuna salad, cucumbers in ranch
S: 2 cheese sticks
D: no shell taco salad

My morning was so out of whack because of lost sleep that I forgot to weigh before showering. Post shower, though, I weighed in at 244. Bleh.

I have a weird (good) focus today. Like, "it's just food; who cares?" That's so unusual for me, but I'll take it. The rest of the week will be challenging with lunch events every day. But, I know I can handle it.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You can do this girl! Don't do it for your child or your DH, DO IT FOR YOURSELF. WHY? Because you deserve to be the BEST YOU , you can be!

You can do it. You have in the past, you can do it again. Sounds like LC will come back easily for you. Just remember the things you loved and do it again. Also Linda Sue has an amazing website with rocking LC Dishes!

Day one and only DOWN from here!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
you can do this ! Good Luck !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
BMD
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! I needed that.

Day two was another good one. I'm having a lot of success by reminding myself that it's just food. I had my first business lunch of the week. I am so proud of myself. Totally on plan. Tomorrow is another one and probably more challenging. I know I can do it though. I can't wait until this week is over so I can get back to packing my lunch daily.

I'm feeling emotionally drained from the baby making process, but having some control over my food choices now makes me feel better. My first goal is to lose 25lbs, which will put me at 219. I was 217 when I got pregnant with E so that makes me hopeful.

Today's eats:
B: 3 eggs in butter; coffee
L: salmon salad plate
D: half Italian sausage link dipped in homemade Alfredo, 4 chunks shark cheddar, 1 beef jerky, diet root beer with splash of cream (totally random!)
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
way to rock the business lunch girl!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
BMD
Junior LCF Member

It's been a busy couple of days. Work has been crazy and I've been forced to eat lunch out 3 times this week. Ugh. BUT! I've done great. And, I've been rewarded on the scale, but I won't update until Monday for my official one week status.

Yesterday:
B: 3 eggs in butter
L: plain salad with gyro meat
S: 2 pieces of jerky
D: 3 egg omelet with veggies, cheese and sausage

Today:
B: 3 eggs in butter
L: chicken blt salad
S: 1 jerkey, 1 cheese stick
D: 1 grilled chicken breast (planned broccoli, but it was wilted, boo!)

Some good friends of ours had a baby yesterday. I'm so very happy for them, but can't help having a little pity party for myself. I'm quite proud of myself for not stuffing my face with carbs to numb the feelings.