LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Atkins with Mediterranean Flair - mchimento's journey to health

I am here to say that I am ready to be back with a vengeance to get my health in check and finally lose this weight that I have gained back over the last 6 years.

I started back in January after an asthma attack and a couple rounds on steroids as well as holiday eating brought my weight up to the highest ever in my life at 262. I was doing fairly well; I knew I had this hernia that needed to be fixed and I was hoping to lose as much as I could so that when I planned to get operated on in July, I would have some of the weight off. Well, life happened with the busiest time at work for myself and stopped losing weight for the months of March and April. I did not gain weight, it just hovered around the 20 lbs. I had lost in the first 6 weeks.

Fast forward, the weekend of Easter almost saw me in the hospital with an incarcerated (stuck) hernia about the size of my fist. Needless to say, two weeks after Easter, I had my surgery; followed by a bout of bronchitis (almost pneumonia) from the surgery.

Two days ago, they called to review my bloodwork. My cholesterol went up to 229, HDL 57; LDL 149. I do have borderline high blood pressure so the doctor wants me to lose weight, follow a low cholesterol and low salt diet. (He did not say low fat, although I know him well and that is what he was thinking) He also wants me to take Lipitor (I don’t think so – so the diet has to work).

Here I am now. I am following Atkins with a Mediterranean flair. (Dr. Steven Parker)
My goal :
Starting weight: 238 – lost 5 lbs because the operation – lose 25 lbs when I go back in 5 months for a recheck - 5 lbs a month – very doable
Using only good fats (olive oil, fish oils), very little butter, salad dressings homemade with olive oil
Eating mainly fish and poultry, red meat only once or twice a week - Limiting my daily intake of eggs (2 - daily)
Lots of salads and low carb vegetables
Nuts - (walnuts – good for lowering cholesterol) after the first two weeks.
Start exercising – starting with just walking or using my exercise bike at this time until I can exercise more once fully healed. (Before the operation – the hernia caused such pain, I could not even walk through the grocery store with almost passing out from the pain)

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Day 1:
B: 2 eggs and 4 slices turkey bacon cooked in 1 T. olive oil
L: grilled chicken salad with 2 T. ranch dressing
D: 3 oz. grilled lemon pepper tilapia sautéed in 1 T. olive oil; 1 cup broccoli with 1 T. olive oil and vinegar dressing

1221 calories
Fat: 92.75 g (68%)
Protein: 82.23 g (27%)
Carbs: 13.03 g (5%)
Sodium: 1710 mg
Cholesterol: 635 mg

Plan changes for tomorrow:
Eggs - add 2 egg whites with one whole egg instead of 2 whole eggs - This lowers the cholesterol from 453 to 242 for breakfast.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote