LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/187/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Michelle's Journey

I am trying to stick to this woe and have been successful so far. I just really need to write things down, either about my food or my feelings. Figured this was a good way to do it. I have always been overweight, and have always fought the "diet". I HATE diets!!! I like this woe so much more. This is something that I can stick to and enjoy doing. I love when I try something on and it fits! I love that people are saying how good I am looking. I love that when I see a new picture of myself, how much thinner I look. I have been going strong for about 3 months, and have lost almost 30 lbs....to me, that is amazing! I am so proud of myself. Like everyone else, I am sure, I do get frustrated. Frustrated with that wicked scale!! There will be a week when I lose nothing....or a week when I gain a lb or 2. But, I know that this is the way for me to get my life back and to be happy and healthy!!

A little about myself....when I started, I weighed 226....my goal is 145, but, that is just a number. Honestly, I would love to get into a size 6 in pants. That is my ultimate goal!! If I have to lose more weight to do it, then I will. If I am 155 lbs, and can fit into a size 6, then I will be completely happy with that!

I am a mother of 4 children, but sadly, lost 2 of them to death. I am a stronger person because of it, and I miss them just about every second of the day, but, I have 2 other boy's that mean the world to me!! I actually put my youngest son, Davyd, on Atkins, about 3 weeks ago, and he has lost 10 lbs so far. So very proud of him.

I have been married one time. We got divorced about 8 years ago. After we split, I started dating another man and we were together for 7 years. We have just recently broken up. We are still friends, but, a break up is hurtful. We are still actually living together, and that makes it kind of hard, but, we have to do what we have to do.

I have done Atkins before, a few years back. Lost a lot of weight in a short time....liked how much thinner I was and quit. Oh, how I wish I would have stuck to it!! This time around is so much slower!! But, like I said, I am making this the way I eat for a lifetime.

I have yet to get so discouraged that I want to quit, but, it can happen. I am hoping that you lovely people will pick me up and encourage me to stay on track, if I ever get to that point.

I plan on being totally honest with you and with myself thru this journey. There is no reason to lie to myself....which I am learning. I hope to share everything with you and to hear everything about you.

Feb 15, 2014....226
July 17, 2014.....187
Goal......145
michellewynos is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DownsizingMe
Stats: 213/166.2/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Wow! You have done amazing! Congrats on your amazing loss! I know what you mean about getting thoughts down on paper, or computer screen, either way it is getting those thoughts out of our heads! That is why I started to journal too. I like being able to read others journals and know I am not alone!

How old are your children? My son did low carb and lost 60 lbs. Granted, he went to college and instead of gaining the Freshman 15, he gained it all back and is working on it again now. He is 21. He had some stressors that contributed to the regain, but that is one of those things he has to learn to deal with, even though I warned and warned him about watching his health.

Anyway, I also have a 16 year old daughter who is not at all interested in low carb, but tries to have a more balanced diet.

Hey, good luck to you, just wanted to say hi and I think you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work!

<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7z64XY/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7z64XY/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4XY/weight.png</a>
</a>
DownsizingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Well, I weighed in today, as I do everyday, and I went down to 199. I am happy about that, but aggravated that I ever went back up to 200. Just wanna kick myself in the butt!!! I thought I did so well last weekend, with not being home all weekend, having 2 parties to attend, and being around drinkers all weekend. But, I guess not!! How do you gain 3 lbs in 2 days?? Just frustrated with the gain!! I know I will lose those lbs, again, but, I had already lost them and did not invite them back!!! I have been trying to tell myself that the scale does not matter, since it is such an evil thing, but, I am addicted to it!! I do know that I have gone from a tight size 18 to a loose fitting 14, so, I am proud of that. I know the fat is coming off and I know that the scale is a big fat liar sometimes!!
I have been really thinking about doing pilates. I did it before and had great results. Just have to get into the mind set of actually doing it. It took me about a month to get back on atkins, once I thought about doing it again. If I do not have the mind set of doing it, I will never succeed in it. Maybe, after Memorial weekend, I will commit to doing it. I really like pilates, because it works so well and I do not have to sweat.....I HATE sweating!!!....and it is not to hard on my body. I know after doing it for a few weeks, I will see results, feel better about myself, and be a healthier me! Just have to get into the right mind set!!!
Davyd got on the scale this morning and weighed 117!! Woohoo! Down another lb, with a total of 11 lbs for him! He was so excited and yelling for me to come look!! He is struggling with the food, but when he loses a lb, he is so happy with himself!!!

Kim- Thank you for the encouragement!! Davyd is only 9, and weighed 128 lbs. When he had his last doctor appointment, the doctor suggested that I watch his carbs....I told the doctor that I was on atkins and he said to put Davyd on it, too. I started him with 72 induction (since that is what I do) and then a week later, I moved his carbs to about 20 a day...or so. He eats strawberries and watermelon, and peanut butter, carrots, and other things.....in moderation. He is getting sick of eggs, lol, that is for sure!! Hope your son is finding his way back to a healthy self. It is hard, but, if you choose to make it a lifestyle, it is a life saver!! That is the biggest thing I have learned this time doing low carb. You have to make it a lifestyle, not a diet.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Day 3 of doing my journal. I like doing it because it helps keep me on track.
Well, weighed in this morning and lost another lb. So, back to my dreaded 198!! I was stuck on 198 for like a week, went down to 197, for 1 day, and then went up to 200! I just hope I get past this slump soon. The bad thing is that I know I am going to be drinking this weekend, for Memorial Day. going camping and going to be with my sister and my best friend. So, I am going to try to stick to low carb as much as possible, food wise. My body reacts 2 ways to alcohol. 1. I gain about 9 lbs and then within a week, I lose it again. Or 2. I lose 1 lb and then stay at that weight for a week. Both are frustrating, but, I plan on making this my WOE, forever, and I am not going to totally quit drinking. Luckily, I only drink about 1 weekend a month. But, summer is here and that means more camping trips!!!! And that makes for more drinking!! This might make for a long summer weight loss wise!!
Everyday, I am amazed at my body! I know I have a long way to go, but, I have a waist and a flatter stomach. My arms are thinning out and my thighs are not as big either!! I look in the mirror and just admire how far I have come. I am excited to get into the next size, which is a 12!!! I was a size 14 my whole life, except the last time I was on Atkins, I was in an 11. My goal is to get into a size 6, and I know that is a long ways away, but, I can see it happening!!
Davyd lost another lb this morning!!! little stinker!! He went for a bike ride yesterday and went to the ice cream store. There, if you are wearing a helmet, you can get a free ice cream cone. So, this morning, when he weighed himself, he was all bragging about how he had ice cream yesterday and still lost a lb!! I warned him that he got lucky and that he can not have ice cream every day!! I hope he remembers that the next time he goes for a bike ride!!!
I also went on a bike ride yesterday, with Davyd, before he went for ice cream! I am so out of shape!!! We only rode for about 20 minutes, but, my legs were burning!! Def need to start working out again!!! Plan on going again today.
Stayed on plan. I am pretty good about not cheating, but, there are some days when I go over my 10 carbs a day. Never a whole lot, usually 2-3 carbs more then what I wanted. Pretty proud of that fact. I never have a day where I totally go off plan. I want to be thinner and healthier, and I have to stay in the mind set of eating the right way. So far, so good!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Just not in a good mood today. Everything is annoying me.....hate days like these!! Weighed in and finally went down to 197, again, but I have no confidence that it will stay there!!! But, that could just be my bad mood talking!!! Cooked all day yesterday for my camping trip. Have enough low carb foods to last the entire weekend for me and Davyd. Going to make pizza tonight....yummy!! Definitely our favorite thing to eat!!! I do not have much to say today...because of the bad mood. Have to go outside and put up the tent to make sure it is not musty or dirty. Not looking forward to that!! It is a big tent and I am by myself....plus, I have never put this tent up before. I borrowed it from a friend! Wish me luck!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

It has been a while since I posted, but, I am back!! Up 3 lbs, so back to 200!! Ugh!! I drank Memorial weekend and I drank this weekend, so, that explains it!! I do it to myself, and I know that every time I drink I am gonna gain, or stall. I am never going to quit drinking, so, I am just gonna have to suck it up and take the good with the bad. I know this.....but, I want to lose weight!!! Have decided that I am not going to drink for at least a few weeks. Want to get to 189 by July!! Started doing Pilates 4 days ago....hoping that helps with the inches!! Can not wait to get into a size 12!!! So looking forward to having to go buy some new clothes!!! I could actually go to a regular store and buy a pair of pants and a size xl shirt!! I threw away all my size 18 and 16, and I will never go back to that size again!!!! My 14 are getting looser all the time, so, I know that I am losing inches...just never really measure myself cause I never remember where I measured last time!! But, I can tell by my clothes!! Went to a thrift store the other day and bought 2 xl shirts!! I have always been in a 2x, so that was pretty exciting!!! I love buying smaller clothes!!!!!