Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
My journal... starting over and trying to make it last!

So here's the deal... I did have amazing success with LC/paleo. I managed to lose about 50 pounds and got sooooo very close to 130 pounds in 2010. Fast forward two years... in the summer of 2012 I got up to the 160s... and never left there...

I've tried and tried to get back in the saddle without much success. I get all the way up to 170 sometimes, and manage to get to 160, but never lower for long. Also, around the end of 2012 I tried the potato hack (eating only potatoes, no fat added, for days and days) and got down to 157, but I didn't stay at that weight for long.

I want to knock down 20 pounds for good. For aesthetic reasons, obviously, but I do care about my health too. My blood numbers are great, and my BP is in the normal/low normal range, and I definitely want to stay there as long as I can.

I'm thinking following a structured plan has the potential of giving me better results than doing "LC my way", so I intend to do the slow carb diet (The 4 Hour Body), and then start adjusting things as time progresses. I'm doing and loving the Hamelin D'abell Method as my workout. It has Callanetics elements to it. His arm challenge was posted in the exercise board and several board members are following it.

I'm going to check in my food and exercise every day in order to get things going. Feel free to stop by and visit, would love to have some company!

My ancestors didn’t claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1

I've had a couple of draining and emotional days. Shiz from work and general feeling tired from working for long hours. Instead of doing a longer workout I did a short toning segment. I feel better now

Weight - 168 pounds

Exercise:
35 min. toning workout

Food so far today:
  • Coffee
  • 1 pouch of organinc premade lentils from Costco
Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

So much for my every day check-in plans! LOL!!

I had a couple of iffy days. Migraines, a small bout with food poisoning and a day of partying with the motorcycle club (literally) got me a bit off plan, but nothing too bad. Today I've been good. My period is a couple of days early this month, so I haven't step on the scale.

Today I ate:

Coffee
Yerba mate tea
I made a huge bowl of sockeye salmon, tomato, lentils, walnut oil, organic apple cider vinegar and cumin that I ate through the day
Protein shake (maybe... if I feel hungry before going to bed)

I haven't been doing the 30 grams of protein 30 min-1 hr after waking up. I just can't stomach much right out of bed. I'm hoping this doesn't make much of a difference.

I've been doing my workouts. Exercise makes me feel so good!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

My current weight - 168.6

Even though it's TOM week I'm only 0.6#, which is a win for me because I usually gain 4 pounds around and during TOM

I've been good with my food, eating slow carb approved meals. I'm going to stick with lentils, as they're higher in protein and lower in carbs than other legumes. I've been eating little baggies of edamame too. I love toasted edamame, and my husband hates it! LOL!

I feel like my belly is flatter for some reason. I'm sure part of it is the water retention going away. TMI alert - I've been going to the bathroom more than usual too. I don't suffer from constipation, so it's kind of annoying for me when I have to go three or four times a day... all those lentils

I also tried on my first goal jeans and they fit better than the last time I tried them on. Less camel toe and less muffin top, for sure. I'm hoping to be able to wear them soon and take out a new pair of goal jeans. I weight myself, but for me my progress pictures and my clothes are better indicators of things going in the right direction. When I look at my pics from January I can totally see a difference. The workouts I do have a strong Callanetics influence, so visual changes definitely overpower the scale or even the measuring tape.

Still not eating within an hour of waking up...