Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meagan7
Stats: 157/155/130
Meagan's Journal

I've been reading these boards for a while now and I cannot even begin to say how helpful everyone is. I've learned sooo much, and it's made my time on atkins so much easier. I'm on day 16, but I'm not really sure what I've lost. The scale only shows a couple pounds, but my clothes are feeling pretty loose. I'm pretty happy so far. I've never been much for sweets so that helps. Cheese has always been my indulgence. So far I've been able to keep my servings in check. Honestly though, I can't believe I've been able to get through this so easily. I have always thought of eating as a hobby.. not for any emotional issue (that I know of), but because I just really like food (and beer). I split my time between New Orleans and the MS Gulf Coast, I work in the food industry, and some of my best friends are chefs.. So yeah, that doesn't make it easy, but I will say that atkins is the easiest way for me to continue with my lifestyle without missing out on too much.

Anyway, I'm 33 years old, 5'6", and approx 155 lbs. I'm trying to get down about 20-25 pounds or a couple sizes. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and it's my mission to keep them! Ha, I'm refusing to buy new clothes until I'm back to my old size..

Soooo, yeah, Day 16. It's probably going to be eggs and bacon for breakfast, chicken and vegetables for lunch, and whatever I can eat from our Mother's Day dinner.. For my mom, not me. I don't have any kids, by the way.

Also, Happy Mother's Day if any mothers happen to wander on here today. I don't know how you do it! I watch my friends with kids, and I'm constantly amazed, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to follow a diet/exercise plan. So, cheers to you!
meagan7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meagan7
Stats: 157/155/130
ahh, Day 17. Luckily, I was too busy working to think about food. I had some sausage and vegetables for lunch and a leftover steak for dinner. And I drank a ton of water, which is a huge win for me. I need to keep it up.

I'm having a hard time not weighing myself everyday. I think it just makes it worse though. I mean, you'd think I'd be content with my clothes feeling looser and this new found energy, but no, i still obsess over numbers...
meagan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Good girl. Maybe you should put your scale on a high shelf where you can't get to it easily? Thanks for stopping by my journal.
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan7 View Post
I've been reading these boards for a while now and I cannot even begin to say how helpful everyone is. I've learned sooo much, and it's made my time on atkins so much easier. I'm on day 16, but I'm not really sure what I've lost. The scale only shows a couple pounds, but my clothes are feeling pretty loose. I'm pretty happy so far. I've never been much for sweets so that helps. Cheese has always been my indulgence. So far I've been able to keep my servings in check. Honestly though, I can't believe I've been able to get through this so easily. I have always thought of eating as a hobby.. not for any emotional issue (that I know of), but because I just really like food (and beer). I split my time between New Orleans and the MS Gulf Coast, I work in the food industry, and some of my best friends are chefs.. So yeah, that doesn't make it easy, but I will say that atkins is the easiest way for me to continue with my lifestyle without missing out on too much. Anyway, I'm 33 years old, 5'6", and approx 155 lbs. I'm trying to get down about 20-25 pounds or a couple sizes. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit and it's my mission to keep them! Ha, I'm refusing to buy new clothes until I'm back to my old size.. Soooo, yeah, Day 16. It's probably going to be eggs and bacon for breakfast, chicken and vegetables for lunch, and whatever I can eat from our Mother's Day dinner.. For my mom, not me. I don't have any kids, by the way. Also, Happy Mother's Day if any mothers happen to wander on here today. I don't know how you do it! I watch my friends with kids, and I'm constantly amazed, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to follow a diet/exercise plan. So, cheers to you!
I feel this way about my daughter. She has 3 kids under 9 I had 2, her and her older brother, and I also wonder how I did that

I agree with you about the helpfulness of the boards.

It's good to meet you
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjs726
Stats: 157/128/105
WOE: low carb/start JUDDD 5/12/14
Hi Meagan. Stopping by to say hello and welcome. I just started doing JUDDD this week after lurking on the boards for a while as well. I love reading about all the support everyone offers here and hope it's finally what helps me to get to goal once and for all. Wishing you much luck on your journey!
tjs726 is offline   Reply With Quote