LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Thanks for the support, girls. It helps. I also had a nice long talk with my BFF in Missouri, and she's in a funk too. It helped just to talk.
We girls from MO are just the BEST!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #242

Family and DRAMA are always tough! You know, you did it and you have moved on. That's the KEY girl! Way to go!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Emotional stuff is the hardest to deal with. I hope your family member appreciates that she has you to open up to.
Aw, thanks Dawn. She does appreciate my listening, and it makes it that much harder to see her go through all this awful stuff. She doesn't deserve any of it. And I tend to be a "fixer", and there's just no way to fix any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Good for you for moving on. I think the best way is not to make a big deal of it. Forgive and Forget
Yes, that's all I can do. I refuse to give in and give up. I'm not having my scheduled DD today, but I think I just need to let go and recover, and move on. Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
We girls from MO are just the BEST!
So true! So true! Although a close second are my gals in JUDDD and IE land! Don't know what I'd do without you all.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Carol, it must be very hard to feel so sorry for your relative and not be able to do or even suggest anything to help (although I'm sure listening is a big help).

I really empathize with the lemon treats afterward ... for me it was a chocolate cake I'd made for work, and then I had this yummy leftover frosting, so I made another small (9x9 square) cake for home, and I had most of it over two, stressful days.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Carol, it must be very hard to feel so sorry for your relative and not be able to do or even suggest anything to help (although I'm sure listening is a big help).

I really empathize with the lemon treats afterward ... for me it was a chocolate cake I'd made for work, and then I had this yummy leftover frosting, so I made another small (9x9 square) cake for home, and I had most of it over two, stressful days.
Well, at least I don't feel alone in my..... "indiscretion".
Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh Carol! RE: the family drama, I KNOW how hard that is, and how it can throw you off.

Sounds like you're doing well though, that's a big A+.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
...I ate way too many frosted lemon bites I had gotten at the store to "test" my IE eating. Now they're gone! Failed that test!!!...
That's okay. You can take the make-up!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday was a rough day. I woke up with a slight headache that wouldn't go away, and I felt creaky and achy through my whole body. Not like I was sick, but just fatigued and yuck. I finally took some Advil and after several hours, I began to feel a little better, but still exhausted.

I was on the phone with my mom, telling her I felt yucky and the West Side Story song started running through my mind so I sang to her "I feel poopy, very poopy, I feel poopy as poopy can be...." She cracked up and told me I needed to sing it the right way, it would make me feel better. I told her I DIDN'T feel pretty at all right then, so couldn't in good conscience sing that.

It was suppose to be a DD, but I knew it would be an epic fail, and I didn't even want to focus my attention on IE, so I just had a day. It's what my body and mind was asking for, and I knew it would pass, so no harm done. Took a late afternoon nap and started feeling human again.

Today I feel much better. Having a normal UD, trying to IE and mostly doing okay with that. My workout was TOUGH this morning, but I'm feeling like the new muscles I'm hitting with these new, advanced positions are starting to become accustomed and are beginning to strengthen a bit. YAY for YAYOG! Sore inner thighs can only be a good thing.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/120.2/120-122
WOE: Hunger Directed Eating/HDE
I admire you with the exercise. Every time you mention what you're doing it makes me cringe. I'm allergic to exercise!
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
Glad to hear today was a better day, Carol. Perhaps your body needed a "normal" day yesterday. I wonder if it is possible that you are not getting enough calories and yesterday you just needed little more. Just thinking out loud...
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi Carol have a beautiful weekend.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
I admire you with the exercise. Every time you mention what you're doing it makes me cringe. I'm allergic to exercise!
Ha! I used to be too. In fact, sometimes I can hardly believe this is really me.

Quote:
Glad to hear today was a better day, Carol. Perhaps your body needed a "normal" day yesterday. I wonder if it is possible that you are not getting enough calories and yesterday you just needed little more. Just thinking out loud...
I wonder that sometimes too, Marika. Especially during PMS time. Except M has not happened. Sometimes I think I go through the normal cycles every 4 weeks, even when the M doesn't appear. Just a part of perimenopause I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Hi Carol have a beautiful weekend.
Thank you Judy! You do the same. I hope you have something fun planned.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Carol, do you still gravitate toward low carb? I seem to have gotten that from some of your posts. How does the way low carb make you feel compared to carb heavy days? What about when the carbs are moderate, do you still feel better without them?
Old 06-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm feeling pretty good this morning, and I hope it lasts. Yesterday I felt not too bad in the morning, but fatigue set in in the early afternoon. I felt hot and sweaty all afternoon and evening. I think it has to do with eating more on UDs, the muscle activation of my workouts (also on UDs), and some mild detoxing I may be having from a renewed effort to do daily dry skin brushing. And not drinking enough water. I find that the more iced water or tea I drink, the cooler I feel. It was a gross feeling yesterday, and I'm hoping not to have that again today. Yesterday I knew I wasn't drinking enough, and I'm not sure why I didn't make the effort to drink a lot more.

I don't think it's hot flashes (I could be wrong about that) because it didn't really come and go. I just felt constantly warm/hot all evening and even through the night. And just lightly damp with perspiration. It felt like I was radiating heat from my muscles, which is what makes me wonder if it has to do with my workout.

DD today, and I feel like I'm ready for a good one. I want to eat very lightly, lots of cool salad and some fruit. Lots of cold water and tea. Right now I have my Coffee/HWC . Oh yes, and I got some coconut butter. I had about a teaspoon of it with my supplements first thing this morning. It's pretty dang yummy!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
That's okay. You can take the make-up!
I love this!

Quote:

Today I feel much better. Having a normal UD, trying to IE and mostly doing okay with that. My workout was TOUGH this morning, but I'm feeling like the new muscles I'm hitting with these new, advanced positions are starting to become accustomed and are beginning to strengthen a bit. YAY for YAYOG! Sore inner thighs can only be a good thing.
Good work, Carol! I'm there with you. The new phase in New Rules of Lifting for Women is significantly harder as well. Planks! Aaauuuggghh! (I am trying to hold up 200 pounds on my forearms and toes for 60 seconds?) Plus there are these lunges with a step that are killer, too. Hopefully by the end of the phase they will be easier!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:24 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
You girls are making me tired just reading all you are doing. The only exercise I got the other day was carrying around a weedeater for 8 hours with only a 30 min. After that no exe. for me I have done enough HEHEHE!!!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #257

Good Monday morning CAROL. Glad to hear you had a better day yesterday. Headaches are NO FUN!!! Hard to focus on anything if you have one!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How is it going, Carol?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Good work, Carol! I'm there with you. The new phase in New Rules of Lifting for Women is significantly harder as well. Planks! Aaauuuggghh! (I am trying to hold up 200 pounds on my forearms and toes for 60 seconds?) Plus there are these lunges with a step that are killer, too. Hopefully by the end of the phase they will be easier!
Ugh, planks! They are soooooo good for the tummy, and everywhere else come to think of it, but soooooo hard! They aren't a part of my program, but I should try and do it on my "rest days". I had trouble with it making my arms and hands numb awhile back. I'm sure it was that my form wasn't right, but it scared me off them. WTG with progressing on NROLFW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
You girls are making me tired just reading all you are doing. The only exercise I got the other day was carrying around a weedeater for 8 hours with only a 30 min. After that no exe. for me I have done enough HEHEHE!!!
Judy, the amount of yardwork you're always talking about makes me thing you don't NEED a formal workout program. Yours is built into your life!

Quote:
Good Monday morning CAROL. Glad to hear you had a better day yesterday. Headaches are NO FUN!!! Hard to focus on anything if you have one!
Hey Monica! The weekend was good, and kind of reset me I think. I feel so much better this morning than I have in about a week. I don't know what was going on, but I was just exhausted and yuck! Maybe taking 3 full days off of all exercise really helped. How are you, girl?

Quote:
How is it going, Carol?
Marika! I am raring to go this Monday morning. I've gotten my workout in, and made it a good one. And I'm feeling like I want to nourish my body, rather than the feelings I've been having, which is to comfort with sweets and treats. I feel like this is going to be a productive day, in my eating and in my life.

I STILL haven't finished reading Intuitive Eating! I guess my head just hasn't been ready to focus on it. But I'm feeling it again. Maybe I can sneak some reading time in here and there today and this evening.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #260

You are a reader, what are you reading for fun lately? (NOT Food related)? I just finished Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. LOVED IT! I can't wait to read book #2 in the series Losing Hope!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You are a reader, what are you reading for fun lately? (NOT Food related)? I just finished Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. LOVED IT! I can't wait to read book #2 in the series Losing Hope!
Yep, I'm a reader, but lately I haven't been able to make time for much recreational reading. I used to read every night before I fell asleep, but in the past several years once I get into bed I just konk right out. I might get a page or two in, but then I drift off, so I don't even try anymore before bed.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Master Your Metabolism Summit

I recently subscribed to this. You sign up for an email series and she (Melissa Schollaert) sends a series of interviews with health, nutrition, fitness experts in different areas. I think there are 21 in all. People like Jonathon Bailor, Matt Stone, Paul Jaminet, Ari Whitten, Nia Shanks.

I am fascinated by Ari Whitten's NEAT concept. Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. Simply put, he believes that the obesity epidemic is caused in part by our nutrition, very little with our exercise, and very much with our sedentary lifestyles. The sitting epidemic as he calls it. Dr. Mercola has been talking a lot about this as well, and recommends standing up briefly every 15 minutes. Tough to do when you're focusing on your work at a computer. But I'm sure for health it would be optimal. Makes me think about a standing workstation, although I'm not at all sure I could concentrate like that.

And a quote from Nia Shanks that really resonated for me (she is quoting someone else but I can't remember who). This is paraphrased:

Eat right and exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Eat right and exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it.
I think it takes a lot of work to get to this point!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Carol, I really agree with the problem of being too sedentary. I was such a slug for so many years! I worked at a desk job and was just too tired to move after work, from sitting all day! lol talk about a vicious circle.

Now I understand the value of being active. Our bodies were made to move and if we don't our joints get creaky and painful and our muscles ache when we do move around.

I went from forcing myself to move more to finally doing it each day more naturally. Whether its cleaning house, riding my bike or just getting up and walking around or doing stretches at regular intervals if I've been sitting awhile.

I also need to get back into my HIIT workouts and occasional cardio. I walked a lot in France. Now I need to get back into some kind of daily movement here at home.

The term MOVE IT OR LOSE IT couldn't be more true, especially as we get older.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 06-17-2014 at 04:20 PM..
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:49 AM   #265

That is an amazing quote!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I recently subscribed to this. You sign up for an email series and she (Melissa Schollaert) sends a series of interviews with health, nutrition, fitness experts in different areas. I think there are 21 in all. People like Jonathon Bailor, Matt Stone, Paul Jaminet, Ari Whitten, Nia Shanks.
Great, thanks for mentioning it. I am going to subscribe it as well.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm really feeling like a good DD today. I have a plan already, which I think really helps. Last several days I'm trying to get in as much tea and water as I can, and I'm using the color of my urine as my guide. Sorry, kinda gross, but it's how I can tell how I'm doing throughout the day.

I'm going to try to stand up often today, and even see if I can do some of my work standing up for awhile. If it could be as simple as that, it would be amazing. When I was at my heaviest, I was uncomfortable standing for more than just a few minutes, and couldn't wait to get my butt back on a chair or the sofa. Now it feels good to be up and moving.

Yesterday was a good UD, and I didn't have anything sweet for dessert, or all day for that matter. Other than fresh fruit. The plums are goooooood right now! And blueberries for dessert were so good. I finished off the day with a spoon of PB because I wanted a tad bit more protein.

Here's to a good day for us all!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the fruit season now!!! I had a white peach this morning and it was so sweet and juicy

Enjoy your DD today!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good idea on the standing! I feel like I do a lot of sitting, and this year at work I made an effort to walk around outside and around the office every so often. I do have to walk to the copy machine QUITE OFTEN (I'm printing things all day) so that helps get me up.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #270

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I often offer to do the shipping and receiving at work, even though it's not really my job, but it requires a lot of moving around. Otherwise I'm sitting all day. That's the biggest drawback about working in an office.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote