Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Today is a DD for me too! Let's rock this girl!

Big plans this weekend?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Where the heck have I been in that I am just NOW realizing you have a journal?!?!? REALLY??? I guess maybe I'd just been so used to you visiting everyone else's?

Loved the pic of your mama, she seems like a lovely lady!
You are truly rocking that exercise and totally putting me to shame
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Today is a DD for me too! Let's rock this girl!

Big plans this weekend?
Yep, it's gonna be a good one! No big plans for the weekend, and I'm hoping to make it a nice, relaxing, calm one. Things have been pretty busy around here lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Where the heck have I been in that I am just NOW realizing you have a journal?!?!? REALLY??? I guess maybe I'd just been so used to you visiting everyone else's?

Loved the pic of your mama, she seems like a lovely lady!
You are truly rocking that exercise and totally putting me to shame
Nah, you haven't missed anything. I just started this journal. I don't know why I waited so long. Glad you're here though!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #64

WE ARE GLAD YOU STARTED ONE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Ended up a great DD at 484. It really feels good to be back on solid rotations again, and feel that old JUDDD mojo coming back, and with TOM to boot. I'm feeling really optimistic.

Tomorrow I have a friend's birthday lunch out at a steakhouse and we'll split a dessert. I'm looking forward to enjoying everything and being very mindful of it all. I don't know if my friend will notice the change in my eating volume and speed. She and I know each other really well and she may very well notice. She is always looking for new ideas to lose weight and has quite a bit to lose.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Carol! Great job on the nice wrap up on your DD.
Do you exercise only on UD? I find that I am almost light headed hungry if I exercise on my DD's. Is that normal, or will it pass?

Enjoy your UD!
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:09 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/120.2/120-122
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Carol, I'm glad it's working for you. I find it encouraging that you can do both. Are you starting to see the scale drop again? My mother died of Alzheimer's and I think a lot about the benefits of fasting in that area. If I could set my heart on that motivation I would love to give it a shot again. I loved the way I felt on DDs, but was a maniac on UDs!
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #68

OH LUnch out with a friend! HOW FUN! Enjoy your lunhch today!!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hi Carol! Great job on the nice wrap up on your DD.
Do you exercise only on UD? I find that I am almost light headed hungry if I exercise on my DD's. Is that normal, or will it pass?

Enjoy your UD!
Thanks Party! I do only exercise on UDs, because I want to be sure I have enough energy and calories to support the muscle work. I've started doing my hula hooping on DDs again, because I was really missing doing it. It's so much fun and I find it relaxing in a weird sort of way. But honestly, now that I'm so used to it, it's not that strenuous. I agree with you, until you're body is used to what you're doing and to DDs, the lightheadedness is hard to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
Carol, I'm glad it's working for you. I find it encouraging that you can do both. Are you starting to see the scale drop again? My mother died of Alzheimer's and I think a lot about the benefits of fasting in that area. If I could set my heart on that motivation I would love to give it a shot again. I loved the way I felt on DDs, but was a maniac on UDs!
Thanks CC! We'll see if I really CAN do both. So far, so good. I'm not even going near the scale right now. Or the tape measure. I'm trying to feel how my clothes are fitting, and how my body feels.

Quote:
OH LUnch out with a friend! HOW FUN! Enjoy your lunhch today!!!!
Thanks girl! I plan to. I have no idea what I want to get for lunch. I'm going to see what I want when the menu is in my hand!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great time with your friend today!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Carol!! Oh I'm so glad you have a journal! I've wondered about that for a long time, you are so supportive to all of us and now we can return the love!!

Looking forward to having another great place to hang out and connect!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Carol - would you mind talking more about the exercise app you are using? I checked out the website. It looks darn interesting. Worth the money?
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #73

Carol, how was lunch with your friend??? What did you eat???
Old 05-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Have a great time with your friend today!
Thanks, I sure did have fun. We were at the restaurant for 2 hours and just laughed and gabbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Carol!! Oh I'm so glad you have a journal! I've wondered about that for a long time, you are so supportive to all of us and now we can return the love!!

Looking forward to having another great place to hang out and connect!
Thanks Blonde! I'm so glad you found me!

Quote:
Carol, how was lunch with your friend??? What did you eat???
Oh, it was so fun. We both had a bacon cheddar cheeseburger with fries. When it came it didn't look like one of those humongous monster burgers you sometimes get (this was a new place for us). The entire plate actually looked to me like quite a modest meal size. But I had it in my "diet head" that I should only eat about half of everything. I was busy gabbing away, but I was also being careful to check in with my taste and satisfaction level, and at halfway done I was still feeling a bit hungry. So I wound up finishing everything. I actually think my diet head is interfering with me, because I may very well need more calories than I "think" I should have, with my exercising. So I'm going to honor that for now and see what happens. BTW, the fries were pretty good, and the burger did not wow me. I was surprised. It was just kind of bland tasting. Before, I probably wouldn't have noticed that as I scarfed it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Carol - would you mind talking more about the exercise app you are using? I checked out the website. It looks darn interesting. Worth the money?
You bet! I love talking about it because I'm so excited about it. I actually don't have the app (yet) but I probably will get it. Right now I have an online timer I can customize to time each set. I think it's safe to share the website. It's Interval Timer - Free Online Timer for Interval Training. I strictly use the book, and I printed out the workout charts from his website and use them to log my workouts, which moves, etc. He also does have some DVDs, but I doubt I'll buy them, because I am happy with the book. He has QR codes in the book, so if you scan them you can see quick examples of him doing the moves on his YouTube videos. Pretty cool, and I do use those to make sure my form is correct.

You really have to be honest with yourself about where you are when you begin. You need to be able to challenge yourself enough to make good progress, but also be so careful of proper form. I make sure I'm 100% certain I've mastered each move with perfect form before moving up a level, but I actually have moved up several levels on each of the moves so far. And I think I'm about ready to move up again on most of the moves. Exciting!

You really don't need much more equipment than what you probably have in your home. I've used a towel, my kitchen counter, a desk, a chair, a strong door with a strong doorknob, and I did have to buy a leather belt at Goodwill. There's a move called "Let Me Ins" where you wrap a belt around the doorknobs of an open door and then lift yourself up and down. I've attached a couple of videos because it's hard to describe. Anyway, I went through 2 of my old belts before I realized they were cheapie vinyl belts and got a nice, thick, leather one from Goodwill for $2 and it's working great. I can't believe I can do that move!

I could go on and on! Aren't you sorry you asked? Let me know if there's something more specific you'd like to know!

DD today, and I'm ready for it. Doing HDE and not counting anything on UDs is making the DDs immensely do-able and comfortable again. My tummy's growling just a bit right now, but I don't care. That would not have been true a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

No I am not sorry! This is fantastic. Thanks! I wasn't entirely certain how to begin, but it sounds like the book would be the best bet. These types of workouts appeal to me.

Are down days hard on the weekends?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Not especially hard for me. Unless there's something special socially going on, and then I just switch up days. But for me it seems like that is as likely to happen during the week as the weekends.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a really good DD yesterday. Not an especially low one at 605 calories, but I had two nice big salads for lunch and dinner, and I felt that peaceful DD feeling that I haven't had in quite some time. I think easing up on the UDs has made all the difference.

Last evening I was with some people who were having dessert, and I was getting some mild pressure to have some too. I didn't want to blow my DD, but more importantly, I truly didn't feel like I needed anything. I was being coaxed to "just have a few strawberries". Which of course wouldn't have blown my DD and I considered it. But I felt perfectly satisfied and so I just declined. That felt really good.

I got Intuitive Eating from the library and hopefully will be able to get started on it this weekend. I'm re-reading Skinny Jeans and really trying to go slow and soak it all in this time. It really helps me to have stuff to read that keeps me motivated to continue.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
nice, Carol! I love that you are feeling peaceful and not having dessert you aren't hungry for just because other people are having it or trying to talk you into something.
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Carol - that sounds entirely intuitive to me! I shouldn't speak to Intuitive Eating as I have not read the book, but that was mindful at the least!

I say bravo!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
You are doing great Carol! Way to go.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #81

OH carol, what a GREAT DD you had on Friday. I too did well on Friday, even when DH slipped and ate whatever he wanted. I can't say the same for yesterday....it was a rough MOM day yesterday!

On to today, plan to have a controled Up day!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks guys! Another good DD (576) yesterday. I'm into huge lettuce and greens salads with chicken or ham on them for dinners and it's working great to keep me satisfied. Easing up on demanding I get in high levels of protein on DDs is helping my mental attitude too. I can get plenty of protein on UDs, and usually do.

I feel smaller in the last couple of days, and I see it in the mirror too, and feel it in my clothes. Yesterday I was pretty much planning on weighing this morning after DD, but this morning I just didn't want to or care. If I can feel/see it, I know it's true. What a nice feeling to not "care" IYKWIM.

Still working on IE and feeling my hunger on UDs. But I have had a bit of a revelation. I'm starting to automatically remember to taste my food, especially at first bite, and I'm starting to experience how amazing foods taste. I had a lick of PB (those of you who know me know it is my beloved, and sometimes my nemesis) and just that little lick tasted like I remember it from childhood. Wow! So that's what it feels like to enjoy your food - really enjoy it. So since that moment I've had that with several other foods too, and it's GREAT! What the heck have I been doing all these years, scarfing stuff down so fast I couldn't taste it?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #83

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm *almost* ready to try not counting and not weighing, though still not quite there. You make it sound so peaceful. I've also had several moments lately where I really concentrated on the taste of food and found it so much better than I thought. We're a goofy group, aren't we?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

I LOVE that you decided the scale wasn't going to run your day. You know how you feel!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/120.2/120-122
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Thanks guys! Another good DD (576) yesterday. I'm into huge lettuce and greens salads with chicken or ham on them for dinners and it's working great to keep me satisfied. Easing up on demanding I get in high levels of protein on DDs is helping my mental attitude too. I can get plenty of protein on UDs, and usually do.

I feel smaller in the last couple of days, and I see it in the mirror too, and feel it in my clothes. Yesterday I was pretty much planning on weighing this morning after DD, but this morning I just didn't want to or care. If I can feel/see it, I know it's true. What a nice feeling to not "care" IYKWIM.

Still working on IE and feeling my hunger on UDs. But I have had a bit of a revelation. I'm starting to automatically remember to taste my food, especially at first bite, and I'm starting to experience how amazing foods taste. I had a lick of PB (those of you who know me know it is my beloved, and sometimes my nemesis) and just that little lick tasted like I remember it from childhood. Wow! So that's what it feels like to enjoy your food - really enjoy it. So since that moment I've had that with several other foods too, and it's GREAT! What the heck have I been doing all these years, scarfing stuff down so fast I couldn't taste it?
This all sounds great! Success in so many areas! I think it's exciting that HDE is working for you on your UDs and that you're losing again. I think really tasting the food makes it easier to stop because it's a much more satisfying experience.
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
Start Date: 2014 Restart
Sounds like you are doing great.

I am with ya! If you can see it then why bother but I still always step on that scale. I am trying to take it with a grain of salt though but its hard.

Keep moving along! UD for me also today!
ohcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

Love that you passed up on the scale! And are using the way you feel as a barometer. This tasting food revelation you're experiencing, it sounds wonderful! I'm still not sure how to get to that first step of slowing down, to then be able to enjoy the experience, but it really does sound fantastic.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I may have had a small step forward with HDE/IE last night. I had a moderate sized pork cutlet and a nice big bowl of buttered broccoli. It was less than I normally would eat, and I could have easily eaten the same amount over again, it was so good. But I ate it a little slower than normal, and really enjoyed the flavors and textures. But I sat there for a few minutes to figure out how I was feeling, and I could tell my stomach was satisfied. And that was that!

I did have some Reese's pieces a hour or so later because I wanted them. I wasn't at all hungry, but wanted a sweet treat and knowing tomorrow was a DD I wanted to fully satisfy my "wants". I ate them one at a time (instead of 5 or 6 at a time like usual). I really tasted them, enjoyed them, and was done.

I know it won't be this easy every day, or even every meal, but I really felt like I was finally starting to experience the things I've read in the books and what some of you are expressing you're feeling.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Carol,
I am joining you on your journal, if that is okay.

I was wondering how you decide how full or satisfied you are when you stop. I can easily detect the taste change, but my tummy still feels empty at that point. However, if I eat past that point, I cant really tell when to stop until I get really full, so I usually just pick a point, like 5 more bites or the rest of the half of whatever it is.

Thanks,
Stephanie
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #90

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
WTG Carol! I'm also finding that it's sort of a meal-by-meal prospect for me. Some meals I'm present and savoring my food and it really is easier to stop when satisfied. Other meals, I'm distracted or in a hurry, and I really do notice it's harder to "hear" my satisfaction. I can't always concentrate on my meals (you know, life interferes!), but I figure each time I succeed is a step closer to it becoming "normal."
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote