Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 05:36 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Oh Dawn I sounded like a great day even if the food was not great. You sound like you are doing great. Have a great day today!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Well yesterday ended up not being such a good IE day.

I woke up hungry and had some watermelon while waiting for the rest of the family to get up. Then they wanted Marie Callendar's for breakfast. I got bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and pancakes. I was hungry throughout breakfast and ate everything.

About an hour later, I felt stuffed, which was weird, because I just felt satisfied after breakfast.

We had lunch around 1:00, Hometown Buffet. I was only a tiny bit hungry, but had a whole plate (good choices) and 1 piece of carrot cake and 1/2 a piece of chocolate cake. I have no idea why I ate, or at least why I ate that much.

Dinner was around 7:00 and I could have done without, but I still ate. Salami, marscapone, brie, figs, cherries, and a cocktail. Ugh.

Up THREE pounds this morning.

I wasn't emotional or chasing the taste or gasping. I'm not really sure what was going on.

Today is Father's Day and I'm pretty sure there will be lots of food again. We'll see how it goes.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
dawn--the three pounds is water weight from all the carbs you ate--it will leave soon. Sometimes we have hungry days. It really is about the long term picture, the habits you develop over time. I no longer eat lowcarb, however if I eat too many sugary starchy foods, it seems to trigger bloat and hunger. You will lose the 3 pounds and more. hang in there.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
First off, congratulations on your promotion!!! Hard work really does pay off!! So, hopefully the raiser won't be far behind!

I have been MIA due to all sorts of things. But, I had to come see how you are doing! I am always amazed at your "stick-to-it-tiveness"!!! I've had to go back to JUDDD cause I was maintaining but not losing............ For health reasons, I really need to lose some lbs. But, I'm trying to listen to my hunger, too.

Keep up the good work with IE & I just may try again one day!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #245

Sunday was an "eat because I ate day." I didn't overstuff myself at any point, but I didn't really listen to my hunger cues either. Ugh. Weight is still up, and a pound more. I know it's water (mostly), but it's frustrating.

I was going to do a down day today, but got hungry after cleaning the fridge this morning (of all things!), so I went out for my bagel and cream cheese. I'm going to pay attention to my cues today, but also try to keep it a little lighter without exactly restricting. We'll see how it goes.

The funny thing is, I feel thinner right now after breakfast than I did when I got up. Weird.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #246

B: Bagel and cream cheese with coffee
L: Small Wendy's chili with onions and scorpion pepper sauce
S: Kali tomato basil parmesan crisps
D: Planning a Quest bar, but who knows. That could change.

I'm having a really easy, lowish calorie day (under 800 if I stick with this). I think it's funny that I was "planning" to have a down day, but wasn't feeling it at breakfast time, and it's pretty much turning out that way. Perhaps removing the stress of NEEDING to have a DD really did make it more appealing.

I have no plans to go back to rotations, but will probably start throwing in lower calorie days here and there if/when I feel like it. Hunger stays similar whether I'm eating high calories or low calories, just depending on the foods I choose, so it's really more about choosing lower calories some days. I don't know if that is diametrically opposed to the concepts of HDE, but I feel like I need to get a handle on this gain.

I do think I need to track calories still. Maybe someday I can quit, but this past 2 weeks has taught me that I do still need to do it.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joanna
Have you tried doing one or two fast days(low calorie days) a week and then doing Josie's program the other 5 or 6? I know Dr. Mosely who wrote the fast diet said that one day a week of 500 cals is enough to maintain. I hate calorie counting. I end up like the character in Rain Man, running around muttering to myself about numbers. But everyone has to figure out what works for them. PS I love reading your menu. Yummy
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #248

I did 5:2 for a while and did well with it, but I just keep changing my mind about what I want to do for maintenance. I'm alright with tracking calories again for a while and then trying again without. I'd really like the focus to be off of weight and calories at some point, but I'm willing to concede that I just might be one who needs that structure to succeed.

Last night, Keira decided she wanted sushi, so we went to this awesome sushi place close to home. I got a bowl of Miso soup and a sashimi appetizer platter, thinking it would be really low calorie. It was soooo good, but more calories than I thought. I ended the day a bit over 900 calories, but felt really good about my choices and was perfectly satiated.

Some of the bloat went away, too. I'm still over my comfort range, but went from 154.8 yesterday to 152.4 this morning.

Today I'm eating normally, but tracking.

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee (355)
L: Banh Mi planned (427)
S: Quest bar if needed (160-170)
D: ??
Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I wonder if you and I are experiencing some similar things. We've had some epiphany moments with it, we've had some really good intuitive days, or even stretches of days. So then we think we've got this and it will stick. But when we have a hungry day or just maybe aren't into focusing on it, we feel we've lost our IE skills and it's troubling. Does that make sense or sound familiar? it's what I'm going through, I think.

Not to mention the stress of gaining a pound or three. I'm glad I'm not weighing, but I can still see and feel when I'm bloated and feeling less tight. It's frustrating and scary.

It's good you were able to just naturally have a lower day. I guess listening to our bodies goes both ways. If we're really listening and honoring our hunger, some days we'll need more food than we "think" we should have, and other days we'll need less than we normally would have eaten in the past. Hmmm....

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #250

I think we are, Carol. It's a really interesting process and so nice to know others are experiencing the same things, though I wish it could just be easy for both of us.

Yesterday went well. I ended up having my bagel for breakfast, banh mi for lunch, then a Carl's Jr. jalapeno turkey burger for dinner. I got snacky before bed and had a cocktail and 7 slice of light salami. It was a really salty day (I add salt to my bagel and cream cheese, also added salt to my banh mi, which I don't normally do, then the burger and salami.) Salt normally doesn't affect me, and I was really craving it, but wondered what would happen this morning.

Down another 1/2 pound this morning. 151.8

Calories came in at 1647 with 73 grams of protein. That's right about at my maintenance calories, and I felt really good. I'd like my bounce to get back under 150, but I have no plans to "diet" to get there, though that may change depending on how much I gain on vacation next week.

It almost felt comforting to enter my food into my tracker yesterday. I was rebelling against tracking for the longest time, but actually felt really stressed when I wasn't. The first week went well, but then I missed the accountability. I suspect it's my mild OCD.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah, so glad your weight is coming back down. Your body must have been needing more sodium yesterday. I'm really beginning to believe that our bodies are always talking to us. It's up to us whether to listen and pay attention, or do our normal "la la la, I don't hear you" routine.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Glad it's coming down for you. Every morning I look forward to your journal. This morning I saw your post on another thread and said, "When is she going to post in her journal? I'm waiting..."
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #253

CC and Carol!

Today's a hungry day.

B: Everything bagel, cream cheese, coffee 6:00
S: Coconut cashew Quest bar 9:45
L: Wendy's chili with onions and scorpion pepper sauce 12:45

I have to get a money order at lunch time, and Wendy's is right near the store, so that's the plan.

No idea about dinner yet. We'll see what we see.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:39 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
So glad the scale is coming down and you're feeling good! I've never seen the coconut cashew quest bar ... would love to try it!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
So glad the scale is coming down and you're feeling good! I've never seen the coconut cashew quest bar ... would love to try it!
It's my favorite. I buy them buy the box.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Where are you headed on your upcoming vacation?? I love vacation talk I'm headed to the Texas coast in 3 weeks then I'm off to Savannah Georgia to visit my siblings.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #257

We're meeting family in Arizona on Sunday. Monday, DH's mom is taking all the kids (Keira and her cousins) to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days, so DH and I will head to Las Vegas with NO KIDS! We'll meet back in Arizona on Wednesday. Then we'll drive to Los Angeles to board a ship on Thursday for a 3 day Mexican cruise, going to Ensenada. We return Sunday and I have to be back at work Monday. Booo!

So yesterday went really well, food wise, until after dinner. I got really snacky and had a big chocolate craving. I ended up having some cheese and salami, then several pieces of chocolate. I'm pretty sure TOM's coming to visit any day, so I'm not beating myself up. I went over maintenance calories by a couple hundred, but I was actually hungry. Weight was down a bit more today, so I think it was okay. 151.0 this morning.

Today, I've had my bagel, cream cheese, and coffee. Then I had an early morning meeting with the CCW coordinator with the police department. I'm approved to move on to the background investigation. Woot woot!

Now, I'm at work, and we're having a staff meeting in 2 hours. My promotion will be announced at that time. I'm interested to see how the staff will take it. It shouldn't really affect them, as they'll still be reporting to their current supervisors, but there may be some hurt feelings. I hope not.

Busy, busy, busy. I also have to make an appointment for my fingerprinting through the DOJ, so hopefully I can get in before we leave for vacation. That might be lunch today or tomorrow, so I'll have to throw a protein bar in my purse just in case.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

Seems like you have the most uncanny ability to hit TOM just at vacation time, Dawn.

Your vacation sounds fun. VEGAS! Wave to me as your going through AZ. It's gonna be hot this weekend, but you're used to that, aren't you?

How exciting about your CCW! Are you aiming to work with DH, or is this just something you wanted to do?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Dawn, your vacation sounds fun and relaxing! How neat that Keira's gramma is taking her and cousins to the Grand Canyon. She will remember it always. How old are her cousins?

We will be doing LV and AZ this winter, along with our yearly stay in Anaheim. Its the only time hubby really enjoys traveling. Going to Europe sounds like going to a different planet to him!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Seems like you have the most uncanny ability to hit TOM just at vacation time, Dawn.

I know, right?! Grr.

Your vacation sounds fun. VEGAS! Wave to me as your going through AZ. It's gonna be hot this weekend, but you're used to that, aren't you?

Oh yes, I think our temperatures are pretty close to yours. Everyone always thinks California is all beaches or mountains. Not here!

How exciting about your CCW! Are you aiming to work with DH, or is this just something you wanted to do?
DH wants me to fill in here and there, but with the CCW, I won't be able to carry while working. That actually requires a different permit, due to liability. He has both permits, but I'm just concentrating on the CCW for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Dawn, your vacation sounds fun and relaxing! How neat that Keira's gramma is taking her and cousins to the Grand Canyon. She will remember it always. How old are her cousins?

The girls are 11, Keira's 9, and 8. The boy is 3. They're going to have so much fun!

We will be doing LV and AZ this winter, along with our yearly stay in Anaheim. Its the only time hubby really enjoys traveling. Going to Europe sounds like going to a different planet to him!
I love Europe. I bet he'd enjoy it if you could drag him there.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #261

Yesterday I had.

B: Everything bagel, cream cheese, coffee (6:00)

Staff meeting - 2 1/2 hours. My promotion was announced. Nobody said a word, good or bad.

L: Banh Mi with Sriracha (1:00)

D: DH was working so I took the kidlet to Mimi's. Nothing sounded good. I think I was grumpy because nobody congratulated me on my promotion. I know that sounds petty, but I was sort of down about it. I ended up having a cup of corn chowder.

We got home, and I had a diet pina colada, then some salami and mascarpone before bed. I was actually hungry, not just emotionally wanting something, so I'm calling it a win.

Calories came in at 1411, protein only 47 grams. Weight was 151.4. Knowing I didn't overdo calories yesterday somehow makes the small bounce up totally acceptable. Not knowing my calories makes me stress that I'm going to keep gaining.

It's 5:30 a.m. now and I'm dying my hair. I'm getting pretty hungry, so I'll probably get my bagel again this morning. I'm such a creature of habit.

I have an appointment at 1:00 for fingerprints, so I'll probably pick up something on the way to work that I can eat at my desk. Cottage cheese and fruit, maybe.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, silence says a lot, but it doesn't feel good. They may be having a hard time with it. It sounds like you did really great not having an appetite when you felt bad. Sometimes that leads to overeating, but your reaction was the opposite.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #263

I was surprised myself CC. I had fleeting thoughts of throwing myself into a bowl of ice cream or a big juicy burger, but realized it's not really what I wanted. Yeah me!

I'm starting to experience a bit of the fall-out now from my promotion. While I don't directly supervise anyone in my office, I am management, and there's some resistance. One of the things I've always done is track time sheets. We don't clock in and out here, but people are pretty lax about taking longer than an hour lunches, or running errands on company time. So in the meeting yesterday, which was led by one of our VPs, the staff was told that I need to know where they are at any given time, and if they're not at work and I don't have their schedule, I'm counting them as absent. We have techs who go out in the field and outside sales people, so they're not always in the office, and that's fine and normal. So here's how today started:

6:30 a.m., I got a text from one of the outside sales guys saying he's going to Bakersfield and won't be in the Fresno branch until 1:00. No biggie. I'm always up around 4:00 a.m., but he doesn't know that.

7:30 a.m., I was at work, and our head of Training and our Field Tech came out and told me they were running to the store and wanted to "make sure you know where we are." There was a bit of eye-rolling about having to report to me.

It's just now 8:00 a.m., and I'm wondering what else will happen. Argh, 5:00 can't come soon enough.

Then I'm off for a whole week. I wonder what will be said/done in my absence. Either the resentment will die down or it will escalate. I'm not going to worry about it, either way, but I'm really looking forward to being outside the situation for a bit.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

It will take a lot of courage, but you're strong so you will be able to handle it. Remember if you had the strength to get the weight off, you've got this one.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

L: Banh Mi with Sriracha (1:00)

I'm on a mission to try to find this Banh Mi sandwich. I looked up one Vietnamese restaurant, and it had closed down. Restaurant 2 did not carry it. (what?). Then ... I thought I was in luck. I went to an eclectic restaurant (not Vietnamese) and they had it on the menu. I was practically jumping up and down when I ordered it, but they were out!!!!

D: DH was working so I took the kidlet to Mimi's. Nothing sounded good. I think I was grumpy because nobody congratulated me on my promotion. I know that sounds petty, but I was sort of down about it. I ended up having a cup of corn chowder.

I would have been disappointed too! It might just be an adjustment for them, but the'll get over it .... they have to! You're management. It does sound like your vacation is coming at a good time. Seriously, any weirdness will blow over and soon it will just be the new normal again. No worries!

We got home, and I had a diet pina colada, then some salami and mascarpone before bed. I was actually hungry, not just emotionally wanting something, so I'm calling it a win.

Good job not going for the comfort ice cream. That is a victory for all of us who have done that in the past whenever we can deal with upset in a different way!!

Calories came in at 1411, protein only 47 grams. Weight was 151.4. Knowing I didn't overdo calories yesterday somehow makes the small bounce up totally acceptable. Not knowing my calories makes me stress that I'm going to keep gaining.

I'm glad! That's a good thing, because stress is not friendly for weight
Hope the rest of the day goes well! You are going to be great in this new position!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

That stinks that no one congratulated you. You're obviously very dedicated and a hard worker, so that may threaten some. It does sound like this tracking everyone's whereabouts is going to be a pain. Not just for them (feeling watched or babysat) but more for you. You may need to come up with a system that won't be so intrusive on your time and attention. I would hate to have to track everyone all the time!

You're going to have so much fun on vacation! It's only a matter of hours now.....tick tock.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #267

You ladies always know the perfect thing to say. Thank you!

I put up a picture on my Lync system (VOIP phone system) at work. I have gotten a couple of compliments and today, someone I haven't seen since December 2011 called me and raved about how fantastic I look. She's really nice and we talk all the time, but never in person. It helped me feel better, too.

Food today:

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
S: 100 calorie cottage cheese with strawberry duo
L: Quest bar, double chocolate chunk
S: Candied ginger - just now. I was starving and couldn't wait until dinner in an hour or so.
D: Planning Texas Roadhouse if DH is up for it. 6 oz steak, baked sweet potato, green beans with bacon and onions.

It sounds like a lot, all typed out, but calories are only around 1400, so there's still room for a cocktail if I want to kick vacation off right.

26 minutes and counting!!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

WooHoo for vacation time!!! I hope this next week is really fun and relaxing for you.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #269

I did end up having a cocktail last night. Total calories: 1582, protein: 76. Weighed in at 150.6 this morning.

Today we're doing some major cleaning. I hate coming home from vacation to a messy house, plus we've got a house/dog sitter coming periodically throughout the week, so the house needs to be somewhat in order.

I still need to do a pedicure, laundry, pack, and I have a hair appointment. It's a lot of work to go on vacation.

Breakfast: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee. Anybody surprised?
Lunch: No idea yet, but I'll be out and about.
Dinner: Again, no idea.

We're leaving bright and early tomorrow. DH decided he'd like to stop in Calico on the way to Arizona. It's a ghost town, so that should be fun.

Sunday: Travel
Monday: Meet up with family, kiss the kiddo goodbye, then head to Las Vegas.
Monday afternoon and Tuesday: Las Vegas
Wednesday: Back to Arizona to pick up the kidlet, spend some time with the family.

We haven't decided if we'll spend the night Wednesday, then drive Thursday to Los Angeles, or drive to LA on Wednesday night.

Thursday: We get priority boarding for the cruise, so from 1:00 p.m. until Sunday morning, I intend to relax, relax, relax - with a drink in hand for the bulk of that time.

I don't plan on counting a single calorie, or worrying about what I eat at all. I'll concentrate on trying to eat intuitively, but won't beat myself up if I eat too much. Monday when we're back, I'll assess the damage and decide if I need to throw a few down days in, then back to IE from there.

Have a good week everyone. I know I'll have TONS to catch up on.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #270
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Have a great trip!
GME is online now   Reply With Quote