Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
That's sounds very peaceful, to be happy with 8s. Don't know if I could do it and let go of the 6s. My hat's off to you!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I did end up buying two pairs of size 8 jeans. I'm at peace. My weight will come back down again, or it won't, and I'm not going to stress about it. 150ish at 5'9" is good enough.

Lunch: We went to an Indian buffet. I had one plate, not piled high, with several different things, a tiny bowl of raita on the side, and a bowl of some tapioca dessert. Yum!

Dinner: I finally picked up some of the red Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joe's this morning. We're going to make it into a stir-fry with some Asian veggies. I'll keep a few pieces out to dip in melted Kerrygold butter, as people on the playground keep saying this shrimp tastes just like lobster. I'm anxious to try it out.

Keira is doing a major (much-needed!) spring cleaning in her room. We're going to get her a small flat-screen TV for her room in honor of her high honors at school, but only IF she gets her room in order. Argh, she's a great kid, but a bit of a hoarder. We also picked up a couple of pairs of sandals for her while we were out this afternoon. That child is wearing a womens' size 5.5-6!! I swear she's going to be 6' tall by the time she's 12 or 13.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joanna
Cheers to being at peace!! I bet you'll rock those 8's
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 AM   #214

Sunday:

I woke up hungry, and we went out to my favorite bagel place. I got my usual, everything bagel with cream cheese and coffee.

For lunch, I was seriously craving a cobb salad from Farmer Boys. We went and I got it, ate most of it, but left a bit on the plate and felt quite virtuous. This salad has tons of goodies on it, including lots of bacon, cheese, avocado and chicken, so I wasn't as virtuous as I like to pretend.

Dinner: DH made pork belly (from TJ's), blackeyed peas, collard greens and polenta. It was good and I had seconds, but my first plate was very modest.

I had several pieces of brownie brittle afterward.

All in all, I don't think it was really a bad day food-wise, but my weight jumped up this morning. I'm getting a bit worried. Here's this month's daily weigh-in so far.

6/1 148.6
6/2 148.8
6/3 148.6
6/4 148.4
6/5 149.2
6/6 149.4
6/7 149.6
6/8 150.8
6/9 151.8

There was quite a bit of salt in my food yesterday, though I'm not really salt-sensitive usually. We also moved all of Keira's furniture and really deep-cleaned her pig-sty of a room over Saturday and Sunday. Yes, it really was that bad. I'm a teensy bit sore, so I'm hoping I'm just retaining water.

Today, I'm planning cottage cheese when I get hungry. CC, it seems I keeps stealing your meals, be it cottage cheese or carrot cake!

For lunch, I'm bringing chicken tortilla soup and cotija cheese, but may feel like a banh mi. I'll decide at lunch time, which sounds best.

I'm fighting the restriction voices in my head today. I was really at peace with buying size 8 jeans over the weekend, but between that and the jump in weight, I'm thinking maybe I wasn't at peace and I was just giving up. I really think I WAS at peace, and need to get rid of the diet talk and the mean girl chatter. The funny thing is, I feel like I look better in my new jeans. They have a higher waist (not super high, but not low) and I think they flatter my shape better. I'm just irked with the weight right now. Ugh.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

I've been wanting to steal your banh mi, but I don't know what it is or where I could possibly find it.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #216

It's a Vietnamese sandwich on a French roll. The one I get has steamed pork, pork pate, cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots, pickled daikon, a tiny bit of mayo, and fresh jalapeno slices. I add Sriracha to mine. Yum!

Looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banh mi.jpg (10.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #217

It's 10:00 and I just realized I never had breakfast. My coworker is going to the Vietnamese place for lunch at 11:30 and offered to bring me back a banh mi. Now I need to decide if I need a snack, or if I just want to hold off for my sammich.

ETA: Yup, I decided I was hungry and my coworker won't be back for another 2 1/2 hours, so I'm having some cottage cheese.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 06-09-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I hope you can relax about your weight inching up. You can keep an eye out and see what happens long-term, and if you're really gaining, you'll soon know it. But it really may just be fluctuations and muscle soreness. And even if you are inching up, that doesn't mean going back to full-on restriction mode is the answer. I want so much for this to work for us all!

So much cottage cheese being eaten around here! I've just fallen in love with it again after many years of not allowing it (too many carbs, too many calories). But I'm enjoying full-fat cottage cheese so much as a delicious and easy food, with lots of good protein. I just had some, as a matter of fact. Creamy yumminess!

I'm glad those size 8s feel good and look so great. That may be your happy weight/size!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's a Vietnamese sandwich on a French roll. The one I get has steamed pork, pork pate, cucumber, cilantro, pickled carrots, pickled daikon, a tiny bit of mayo, and fresh jalapeno slices. I add Sriracha to mine. Yum!

Looks like this:
Old 06-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #220

Monday:

Breakfast @ 10:00: 1/2C low fat cottage cheese (I like it as much as full-fat)
Lunch @ 1:00: Banh Mi with Sriracha
Dinner @ 6:30: KFC - Original breast and wing, green beans, corn cobette

I checked in with myself throughout lunch and dinner and ate to pleasantly satisfied without being stuffed. I did not eat my biscuit with dinner.

Tuesday weigh-in: Still 151.8

Tuesday:

Breakfast @ 6:30: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
Lunch (planned): Chicken tortilla soup with cotija cheese, salad
Dinner: No idea

Keira has a brownie tasting contest tomorrow at school, so we'll be making brownies tonight. There will likely be tasting. Sadly, it got to 110* yesterday and is expected to reach similar temperatures today. NOT a good day for baking!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I hear you can make brownies in a crockpot! Never tried it, but that is what I hear-might be cooler!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I hope you can relax about your weight inching up. You can keep an eye out and see what happens long-term, and if you're really gaining, you'll soon know it. But it really may just be fluctuations and muscle soreness. And even if you are inching up, that doesn't mean going back to full-on restriction mode is the answer. I want so much for this to work for us all!

So much cottage cheese being eaten around here! I've just fallen in love with it again after many years of not allowing it (too many carbs, too many calories). But I'm enjoying full-fat cottage cheese so much as a delicious and easy food, with lots of good protein. I just had some, as a matter of fact. Creamy yumminess!

I'm glad those size 8s feel good and look so great. That may be your happy weight/size!
I grew up on cottage cheese with fruit and really didn't care for it much. There was a dish on my college dorm's salad bar that was cottage cheese, tomato, bell pepper, and green onion with black pepper and oil&vinegar. Got me started on a lifetime of this healthy meal. Nowadays, I love it with just tomatoes, a bit of green onion, and a sprinkle of red wine vinegar.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:41 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
some times at work I sprinkle a little drink powder that you put in your water on mine and it gives it a fruit taste and you don't have all the cal or carbs of the real fruit. Just an idea. I just add a little and it changes the color of the cheese too. Or I have also added Kroger lowcarb yougart with a half cup of cottage cheese and it gives you a big bowl with a different flavor of your choice.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #224

Tuesday's food went a little differently than planned.

B: Everything bagel, cream cheese, coffee
S: 1/2 C cottage cheese
L: Big kale/lettuce salad with light blue cheese dressing, chicken tortilla soup
D: smallish steak, 1/2 artichoke with mayo, and a whole lot of watermelon.
After dinner: 4 small cookies, 1 mini Reese's PB cup, 1 mini dark chocolate

I didn't NEED any of the sweets, but ate them anyway. Keira and DH were making brownies for a brownie contest at school today, and the smell awakened my appetite (though not my hunger).

Funny though, my weight went down a bit this morning: 150.4 from 151.8 the last two days. What I'm noticing with my weight is that it seems to go down when I eat more. I know that doesn't make sense, but I almost wonder if I'm not getting enough calories regularly through intuitive eating. I have been having very few cocktails, and my weight was steadier at a little lower than it is now when I was having nightly cocktails. Maybe I needed those calories?

I'm not messing with anything just yet.

Today, I'm not hungry yet, but it's only 6:00. I'm having coffee, and will see how the day goes. I'm thinking banh mi for lunch, but not sure yet.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:08 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I think you're on to something Dawn. When I was being very strict with myself, my weight was holding steady. When I started allowing myself a cookie or other treat almost daily, I lost 5 lbs in a couple weeks!

I enjoy reading your journal each day. Keep up the great work!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if you do need more calories, Dawn. I do believe that the body starts to hoard it's fat when we don't give it enough fuel. It's just that finding that sweet spot can be challenging! You'll find it.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #227

Wednesday:

B: 10:00 Quest bar
L: 1:00 Banh Mi
D: 6:00 Argentinian shrimp, salad, watermelon, several rocky road brownies, and a black cherry whiskey

I ate more than I needed at dinner.

Weight this morning: 151.2

Oh well, such is life. We're going on vacation in a couple of weeks. I intend to try to eat following IE, but I also expect a bounce. Whenever we go on vacation, I don't get enough water and have a big gain which comes down on its own in a few days after returning to normal eating and water consumption. I'm really interested to see what happens this time since I'm not "dieting."
Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

How was that Argentinian shrimp, BTW? I'm curious.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #229

They're fantastic, very meaty and sweet. They taste like lobster. And 4 oz. is only 70 calories - not that I'm counting or anything.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Mmmmmmm......Trader Joe's, here I come!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if you do need more calories, Dawn. I do believe that the body starts to hoard it's fat when we don't give it enough fuel. It's just that finding that sweet spot can be challenging! You'll find it.
I agree on both counts!

Quote:
Mmmmmmm......Trader Joe's, here I come!
Me too!

Also, Dawn, I agree with your statement from a few days ago about how much harder IE is when stressed.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Just noticed this evening that a Vietnamese restaurant is going up nearby. Can't wait to try Banh Mi!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #233

I love my banh mi!

Today's been a hungry day.

B: 7:30 - 1/2 C full-fat cottage cheese. I was still hungry, so I had a Quest bar, too.
L: 1:00 - Blackened chicken/bacon/avocado/tomato/lettuce/swiss/aioli on a croissant
D: 6:00 - planned - hot dog(s), potato salad, watermelon, and BEER!

I got called in to speak with two of my bosses this afternoon. I report to 3 different people now since they've added so many roles to my job. Luckily, none of them are based out of my office, so I rarely feel like I'm being watched or evaluated. Anyway, the company was floundering last year and we had several lay-offs and people who left early this year that they decided not to fill the positions. Getting called in to speak to the regional manager and the VP of sales is a scary prospect when the state of the company is in question. As such, my responsibilities have grown significantly. I've been stressed about it several times, but finally feel like I'm getting a handle on it.

So, the big scary meeting went something like this: "Dawn, we notice how much you do for the office and we'd like to add Office Manager to your existing titles of Project Administrator, Inside Sales, Technical Help-Desk Manager, and all-around Gopher." Of course, I'm paraphrasing. Discussion ensued about additional responsibilities, of which there don't appear to be toooo many. I asked for a raise. Denied, though it's not out of the question if the company continues on it's current upward trend. At least I put it out there. I accepted, and there will be an official meeting/lunch/announcement next week.

So, the stress level isn't likely to go down any time soon, and I don't get any more pay, but at least I'm getting recognized. The "atta-girl" feels pretty good. Plus, based on my organizational skills and the new responsibilities, they're letting me determine how much time I spend in each role, based on need, so I don't feel like I have to do EVERYTHING every day, if that makes sense. I get to prioritize how I see fit.

Whew, to go from fearing I was losing my job, to being given a new title was a bit of a shock.

So anyway, hot dogs and beer to celebrate.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Congratulations Dawn! It's always nice to know you're appreciated for all your hard work. Hopefully the $$ will show up sooner rather than later! Enjoy your celebratory beer!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Yay, Dawn! Too bad about the $$$, but the longer you do this, the more likely you'll get it, either at the present company or a future one.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:39 AM   #236

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Atta girls always feel good. I hope as the company continues to improve they reward you for your hard work and dedication!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

It must have felt great having them acknowledge how well you've been handling all that responsibility! You're going to have to come up with an acronym for your title.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations on the promotion, Dawn! I'm so glad they are recognizing your hard work. It speaks well of the organization that they are even doing that - so many just assume you must do it and never acknowledge added work put in. And the fact that you've been willing to take more and more on makes you that much more valuable to the company. I certainly do hope that more money will follow soon, because that is also a sign of respect and acknowledgement of hard work. And you deserve it!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #239

Thank you ladies. It does feel good to be acknowledged. I'm a little worried about how my coworkers are going to take it. I don't have seniority over most of my coworkers, so they may feel it's not justified. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Today's eating.

B: 6:00 - Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee
L: 12:30 - Banh Mi. I was STARVING, but paid attention to my hunger and ate most of my sandwich but left about 1/3 of the bread. I'm calling that a win.
D: No clue yet. DH has been parenting all day, so I imagine he'll want to go out. He put Keira to work at his office today, and judging from his FB posts, he's getting close to the end of his patience.

It's been quite a long week, and it's a full moon and Friday the 13th to boot. I believe I see a glass or three of wine in my future.

One more full work week until VACATION!
Old 06-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #240

We ended up meeting at the big Farmers' Market in the next town over. We perused all the stalls, then stopped at this beautiful old hotel for dinner. There was live music and the place was gorgeous.

I got a Waldorf chicken sandwich and salad. It was bland. I tried a bite of Keira's potato salad and it was bland, too. I was hungry, so I ate my sandwich and my salad, left some of the bread, but it was disappointing. On the way back to our cars, we picked up some figs, cherries, and blackberries. I sampled some of each when we got home, plus a few tiny cookies, and had a cocktail. Oh and a few slices of salami.

Eating was decent based on hunger cues. I could have done without sampling the fruit, or the salami, but I felt like having them and I was never stuffed. I think I wanted the snack because dinner was disappointing. A bit of chasing ANY taste, maybe.