LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DownsizingMe
Stats: 213/166.2/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Kim's Notes

Well, I have been debating for several days whether or not to journal here. I am not so interested in logging my food here bc I literally count everything I put into my body through an online tracker. I do think, however, with the hundreds of thoughts that run through my head every day concerning my health and weight loss, maybe it would be a good idea to get them down somewhere... and to have some support and feedback as well. THIS board is full of supportive and nice people whereas other boards seem to be full of negative folks. So, this brings me to my first "thoughts".
I restarted in Jan 14 and today I weighed 25 pounds less. Now, some would say that is a good rate of loss, etc, but for me it has been slow because I know how I normally lose. I really buckled down this week and did some reevaluating.
First, I was tracking my food but loosely. Those little things I was not tracking, like eating a serving of olives, does add up. So, I think I wasn't really logging my intake as I needed too. Second, after getting strict with myself, I was still losing fairly slow, like a pound a week slow, and one night it dawned on me, I was taking my multivitamin in gummy form! Oh my goodness, it probably has sugars and carbs I am not even thinking about! I researched low and wide and really did not find much to say yes, this is the culprit or no, don't worry. Like many of us, I decided to test the waters myself, and luckily was at the end of my bottle of gummy vitamins. I bought a gel type vitamin and started on those. So, to shake things up a little more, I read and read and read about IF. I sort of eat like this anyway so a little modification would not be difficult. I stay low carb though, I do not add carbs at all. And it works for me.... I eat in a 6-7 window during the day, still having my coffee with hc through out the day.
After shaking things up this week, I finally broke through those two pounds that I had been bouncing between. I broke the 190s. I fit into my Levi's and they were not even tight! I feel better. I am on my way and it feels liberating! I am 43% to goal!

<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7z64XY/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7z64XY/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4XY/weight.png</a>
</a>
DownsizingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownsizingMe View Post
...After shaking things up this week, I finally broke through those two pounds that I had been bouncing between. I broke the 190s. I fit into my Levi's and they were not even tight! I feel better. I am on my way and it feels liberating! I am 43% to goal!
YAY YOU!!!!! KUTGW!!!
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Ms Kitty!!!! I appreciate it so much!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Today is a new day!

I did not have a great day yesterday. Foodwise, it was ok, but emotionally is where I ran into problems. I feel really stressed and when I feel like that, I think about food in an unhealthy way. I realize this. I didn't give in and for that I am proud of myself. I have to remind myself that if I gave in to my unhealthy thoughts, it would only add to my stress of school and everything else life has going on right now. There are things I have no control over BUT I do have control over what I put in my mouth. I am going to Yoga class this morning. I need to relieve some of the stress that is settling into my shoulders, literally.

Here is to a better day and better attitude (toward the stressors) today!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I have been doing pretty well. It always amazes me how the scale fluctuates even between 5 mins. I have been debating on whether or not to buy a new one bc this one is a bit old. I don't know. Probably will continue debating that for a min.

I am happy this week to have seen some whooshing going on. 4.4 pounds this week, GONE! Some of the minor adjustments I have made seem to be working. I was able to get into a pair of capris that have been hibernating in the back of my closet.

Just staying the course, roughly 43% to goal!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...4.4 pounds this week, GONE!
...Some of the minor adjustments I have made seem to be working.
...Just staying the course, roughly 43% to goal!
Awesome!!! Not so "minor," those adjustments, if you've managed a loss like that! Keep those NSVs coming! WTG!!!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

What a rough 24 hours! My daughter is on a field trip and her dog has decided to act out. It took me 45 mins yesterday to get that dog to come in! Last night, said dog treed a cat. That set her off into a hyper mess. And then this morning at 0445 my phone rings which is an instant adrenaline rush in the middle of the night for a hang up call. And I couldn't go back to sleep after that. I didn't weigh this morning, figuring it probably wouldn't be accurate after that.

I have to say how great I feel having control over me again. I am able to turn down offers of food without even blinking an eye and I honestly do not go off plan at all, only adjusting my planned out day on occasion.

Starting out at 213 this time and now at 185.6, I know I am on my way and I feel pretty comfortable and patient about it.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

We used to have a former racing Greyhound. He would get out and then RUN RUN RUN - fast, then get lost. Someone once found him the next county over. I also have a cat now that escapes, has nowhere to go and then "hides" in the uppermost part of the woodshed (which of course, I can't reach).
I hate odd-hour calls like that! The only thing almost as annoying is when I wake up "panicked" because I know I've overslept and my alarm didn't go off or something.
Not good for he nerves, to be sure!
I'm so sorry you had such a rough day!!
Awesome that you're able to turn down food offers. That shows some fortitude on your part.
I live in pretty much my own bubble, so it's my own demons I have to wrestle with most. I'm sure if I were still in an office environment, it would be tough though. I gotta hand it too you: good job!

Hang in there!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Ms Kitty, thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you are doing well!
Old 05-05-2014, 03:52 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I have been meaning to journal but time keeps getting away from me.

Things have been moving in the right direction. I am 52% to goal! I woke up this morning and when I looked in the mirror, I finally saw I was much smaller. My brain is starting to catch up with my body, I think. Up until this morning, I guess it had not really "clicked". Kind of interesting, my original goal was 175 because I know I am comfortable there but as I started being strict with myself as far as staying on plan, I changed my goal to 155, which is where the charts say is a healthy weight for me. I am not far from that 175 though. It sort of is a mini goal for me, I guess.

My birthday is Fri and I am conflicted as to whether or not to have a cheat day. I have been hardcore on plan for at least 6 weeks. I really have no cravings for anything off plan but thinking about a celebratory meal does have me thinking about how nice it would be to have some of my former favorite foods. I know one meal won't set me back terribly but on the other hand, I am on such a good roll, I don't really know. It is something I will go back and forth about all week, lol. I know me.

Well, I am off. Happy whooshing to everyone!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I have a lot of thoughts running through this brain this morning. I have pms so I feel a little....bleh and tired today.

I have been having a tough time eating the calories I should be eating. I am just not hungry and fill up pretty quickly. I lost weight before with the same type of thing happening. I am listening to my body and doing the right things. I started the IF of 18:6 a couple of weeks ago basically because I am never hungry in the morning anyway and thought I would give it a shot. I had also already stopped eating anything after 7 pm as well, so it has been very workable for me. The only thing I do have in the morning is my coffee with heavy whipping cream and splenda. My daughter and husband are not so sure I am eating enough and have expressed concern. I can't force myself to eat more though. Like I said, I am just not hungry. There are days when I am and I eat accordingly. But I do know, from experience with my own body, once I get closer to goal and start adding carbs, it will be fine and my weight will stabilize.

The other thing, having support or lack thereof. My husband and siblings are great about validating my efforts. I am so lucky to have that. There are some others who do to but those that don't, it makes me wonder if they just don't have it in them to verbalize that support because of whatever may be going on in their own lives. The human race is certainly a complex deal. The thing is I know I look different, better, healthier.

I have been back in the gym for a month now and finding different things I really enjoy. I use to do yoga and am getting back into it now. I also really enjoy Zumba but boy does it kick my butt!

And then there is the issue of skin. I am doing a few things to try to help it shrink back up. I started dry body brushing, use almond oil, made a homemade salt scrub with almond oil as a carrier. I feel like things are moving a long ok and I know it will take time. Not for skin, but I also started oil pulling.

I feel like I am finally taking time out for myself. Really taking time for me. And I am really starting to like myself again, not just body wise, but me. If that makes any sense at all.

I suppose I have rambled on enough for this morning. Happy whooshing to all.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
I'm going to follow along Kim! You and I have similar stats and your progress is so great!

I think you sound young? I wouldn't worry too very much about the skin. What I have heard helps is collagen and vit k. Working out as you are will help too!

KUTGW girl!
DaisyGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Hi Daisy!

Well, I am not terribly young. I will be 43 in a few days. Our stats are similar and you are doing great with your weight loss! I see you are aiming for a goal of 155 too! It is so cool to find someone who has similar stats!!!!

Have a good day, girl!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:14 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

What a week! Finals are done and now I am just waiting on one final grade. That class alone is stressing me out, but what is done is done.

Anyway, I had a cheat night on my birthday last Fri and vowed to not weigh until this Fri, to give myself a chance to get rid of the water and such. I had not wavered off plan in a good two months. And I don't feel bad, not like I would have before. I know I am on my way and life does happen. I chose to eat off plan and got right back on the wagon the next day.

My husband got me a fitbit one for my birthday and it is so neat! It has motivated me to get more steps in, even parking at the far end of a parking lot!

Working on it!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Well, I went off plan on the 9th for my birthday and a week later, I was at the same weight. Interestingly, the last time I went on this journey, I would set aside one day a month to have a cheat but this time, it was at least 6 weeks before I did so, and I wasn't even sure until the day of, if I would or not. I really had no desire to...until the day of and we went out for dinner. It was a good time and I don't regret it at all. Since Friday, I have lost 1.6 pounds. So, I am back on track and that loss is even with TOM pending. That brings my total loss to 31.6 pounds with 25.4 pounds to go. Roughly 56% there!

Yesterday, I was famished all day. I normally don't really get hungry until mid afternoon but by 11 am, I was so hungry, I could have eaten an entire large pizza. I did not do that, but instead stuck to legal foods but ate more. I came online and read through other posts of others talking about having a really hungry day and the resounding advice was to eat legal foods,but to eat! That is exactly what I did.

I seem to be more in touch with my body this time. I don't know if it is age or the fact this isn't my first rodeo, but I just seem to be more in tune with my body's needs and I can just feel it when I have a loss, even a small one. One thing is that I readjust what I eat every so often because I feel like I need to. It is good, for sure.

Something I have noticed is how weird my body looks sometimes. I know it is constantly recomposing-is that a word? and sometimes I just look... weird! I take it as a good sign though. It means something is happening!

Well, I suppose I am done with my rambling thoughts this morning.

Hope everyone has a successful day!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Holy Whoosh, Batman!

I step on the scale twice a day, morning and night. Even though the difference between the two is always different, such as sometimes the next morning will only be a pound difference from the night before, sometimes 1.5, I am always puzzled at what the difference is because it is never the same difference... anyway, when I stepped on the scale last night, I was SHOCKED to see a 178 and some change, so I was quite curious to see what this morning would show. A 2.8 pound difference from yesterday morning! I am fairly certain that is the biggest whoosh I have ever experienced.

So, what was happening to my body over the last few days has been really interesting. For one thing, I felt... just flabby. More so than when I have a loss of a pound or less. I was also hungry. I was especially hungry on Monday. I posted about that, I ate, but stayed with in my limits minus calories. Tues and Wed were better but when I became hungry, I really was. On those days, I stayed just under my calorie limit. Yes, I watch calories. I have to, I think with my age and since I am in the early stages of menopause. I also should have started TOM around the 16th but it hasn't shown up yet so I do not know if that is due to weight loss and my body is readjusting or if menopause is kicking in a bit more. Time will tell for sure. Anyway, I also worked out hard yesterday, to the point my legs and booty were just a little sore yesterday.

So, this morning, I actually feel as though I look smaller. I feel like I actually look like I have lost weight.

I feel so great this morning! I have 22.4 pounds to go! Total loss is 35.6 pounds. But then comes the hard part of maintaining. I will cross that bridge when I get closer. Because for now, I am taking one day at a time and enjoying the ride.

Hoping everyone has a great day!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I love this update! I get you on the calories. I'm deep into my 50s and post-menopausal (on BHRT though) and I definitely have to count calories along with carbs, fat, and protein.

Nearly 36 pounds is so fantastic.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Daisy!!!!! I keep a log of every single thing I put in my mouth. I like charts and graphs and something for reference. I am a little nerdy like that. Exactly the reason my husband said he decided on the fitbit for me, lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

It has been too long since I journaled. I really should get better with that I think. I certainly have had some thoughts this past week that I should have gotten pen to paper. I finally started my TOM and so I am not weighing until I am over the hump. It was 46 days in between the last and this. I will be interested to see what next month brings. I have read women who are going through menopause can possibly have pretty erratic cycles. But I am still curious if this is more of reset due to weight loss or because my hormones are changing a bit more.

A little vent this morning. It seems as though every time I am at a social situation, with people who know I am eating differently and losing weight, will always say, "Oh, you can cheat just a little bit." But I cannot. Cheating just a little bit off of my own schedule will hinder my losses. I am pretty disciplined and can say no to offers of off-plan foods. It doesn't bother me, why does it bother others? I just don't get it. I know it isn't a mean thing but geez.... And you know what? I am the one who knows how I would feel the next morning. No one else can be in my head but me.

Moving on, and so I tried hot yoga last week and it was challenging but great. I am going to start going twice a week, 3 days in the gym, 2 days of yoga. I am thinking this will work out pretty good for me.

I am off. I have a pretty long day ahead and a little more time to surf the web and all.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
A little vent this morning. It seems as though every time I am at a social situation, with people who know I am eating differently and losing weight, will always say, "Oh, you can cheat just a little bit." But I cannot. Cheating just a little bit off of my own schedule will hinder my losses. I am pretty disciplined and can say no to offers of off-plan foods. It doesn't bother me, why does it bother others? I just don't get it. I know it isn't a mean thing but geez.... And you know what? I am the one who knows how I would feel the next morning. No one else can be in my head but me.
For me, I've noticed that if I don't mention what I'm doing most people don't notice what I'm eating. And if someone thinks I "need" a piece of cake I take it, push it around on my plate for a few minutes, then quietly throw it out. Bad girl! Sometimes I even do that with a drink. Sip a glass of wine or cocktail until it's good and watery. Ask the bartender for a glass of ice water. No one pays that much attention!

It bugs me to no end just like you though. People want company with their behavior! lol
Old 06-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
People want company with their behavior! lol
This made me laugh! So true!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

This week is flying by! I went to my yoga class Mon, walked/jogged 2.5 miles today at the gym, planning on going again in the morning-depending on how much I get done today with my school work, and am going to yoga again on Sat. I am really loving the yoga class. I was down a whooping 2 pounds even this morning. I still feel big though. I think body image is something I am going to have to work on. That has always been a huge problem with me. Always something to learn.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hello there! Hope you don't mind me popping in, I was reading your journal and see that you have been doing yoga...I also do yoga, started in November of 2012, had an injury in May of 2013 (non yoga related) and just restarted in the beginning of May 2014. What type of yoga do you do? I see you mentioned hot yoga, are you doing Bikram? I do vinyasa flow and was doing hot yoga (last year)but my studio isn't offering it right now. They will probably pick it back up again in the fall, and hopefully I'll be ready. This morning I did an old "Buns of Steel" video I have here at home. It's nice to see someone who likes to work out...I'm not sure if I agree that it stalls weight loss. For me it seems to help things along.
You've had great success, keep up the good work!
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Hi NanaMary!

Glad you stopped by! The hot yoga I do is Bikram but my studio does offer vinyasa flow. I really enjoy it. I really enjoy working out, it just is time for me! I am with you though, I don't really think it hinders weight loss. I think it may slow the rate of loss when someone is building muscle, maybe. But I think it is all about moderation for me. I tend to have an all or nothing attitude in every thing I do, but am learning balance is more healthy way to go. I try to get to the gym 2-3 times a week and go to yoga 2 times a week.

Glad you popped in! Have a great day!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

This week has flown by. My course load is heavy and I only thought I always I had my head in a book before! But, that is ok. I have 6 weeks until I graduate! Eye on the ball!

Regarding body image, I am trying to take notice of changes that I see. I mean really take note, and allow my brain to process it. I am trying to change my internal dialogue with this. I notice I have really nice shoulders. My arms finally look smaller. My collar bones look amazing. My feet are back to their normal size. My face is def a ton thinner. I am starting to see defined muscles in my legs.

Yes, there are definite changes.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:25 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Those are the best NSV I've seen! You are doing great and it's fun to watch.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Aw, thank you, Daisy. You totally made me smile this morning! Thank you!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

I feel like a whoosh may be on its way. I, like everyone else, goes through weird cycles in my weight loss rate. I feel like sometimes my body puts the brakes on so it can catch up with my WOE.

Anyway, impending whooshes are so interesting to me. I have read many other people who talk about signs of a whoosh and I try to pay attention to what is happening before a whoosh for me. One thing many people talk about jiggly puff. I noticed before, I will get that but right now, I have more jiggly puff than ever before. I think, because of this, my body looks lumpy and definitely not proportioned well. I take it because it means changes are happening! Even though it is not so attractive-lol. Another sign for some is feeling ravenous. I have only had that sign once. It lasted for a day and then the following 2 days I was still hungry but it was definitely better. I have been feeling the complete opposite the last couple of days. Most of the time my appetite is pretty consistent, just not the last couple of days. And finally, when a whoosh is about to happen, I just feel smaller, even if the scale doesn't show but a small to no difference. And that is how I feel now, just smaller.

Regardless of a whoosh coming or not, I am so close to the 160's!

Eye on the ball!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Geez, it has been almost 2 weeks since I journaled. I went to visit my son and his family for a few days, leaving my daughter up there for a visit. I did really great while there. I stayed on plan, albeit, I did eat more than usual. I switched from using ranch to oil and vinegar and I have to say, I am really enjoying it. Years ago, a personal trainer told me to always try something different than what you normally like. For example, if you are a coke lover, try diet pepsi instead because you will probably not like a different version of the same product. The ranch I like is really calorie heavy so I decided to branch out and I am glad I did. And a little really goes a long way.

I am getting close to goal, well, my goal I set in the beginning. I am beginning to wonder if I actually don't need to go down maybe 10 more pounds. I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Last week, I did really great sticking to my work out goals. I walked 3 times and went to yoga 2. It is all good.

And so, I leave to study. All I ever do these days is study and get some kind of a work out in.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

I am so happy and proud of my daughter. She had been gone for a couple of weeks right after school and when she returned home, she sat down and talked with me about needing to lose weight and get healthy. So, we had a long talk about what is doable for her and so forth. She decided to do a moderate carb plan and we made a grocery list, went to the store and bought the things she wanted. I also ordered her a fitbit and she is really excited about it. She worked out twice yesterday, one time on her stepper, and then she and I went for a good walk later. She has some plans with her friends over the next couple of days and has already planned out what she will eat and how she will deal with it. I am really, really happy to see her make this very important decision for her life. As I told her, when she leaves for college in two years, she should have a handle on how to deal with her life while she is still taking care of herself.

In other news, my rate of loss has begun to slow a little. I don't mind. I knew it would happen. I have roughly 11 pounds to go, but I think it will be more like 20. I will continue what I am doing for another week or two and then see if I need to tweak the diet some. I have been a lot more active lately so it could also be building muscle along with whatever happens when one gets closer to goal. Another factor that could contribute to the slow down is I have been under more stress than normal over the last 2 weeks. So, yeah, there are certainly a few things that could be contributing to the slow down. I will just have to sit back and see how things go.

Time for another cup of coffee and yoga this morning....then lots of homework.