Old 04-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diotima
Stats: 77/70.4/52(kg)
WOE: Very low carb
Start Date: April 21 2014
Diotima's egg fast for 21 days

Starting 21days of egg/fat fast.

It seems the more choice I have, I began to waver more often. And I need a bit of jump start to motivate myself.

The first day was easy. I ate in total 8 eggs with butter and mayo. So I guess it was in total less than 5 g of carb in total. I feel good and light at the moment. Amazing how 'easy' it is to be not hungry when the carb count is so low with so little calorie intake overall.

I wonder what to do with fiber though..
Diotima is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ibunnie
Good luck! I've done a maximum of 3 day egg fast and I felt great. No hunger and lots of energy. Wishing you the best. I've actually been considering doing and egg fast every weekend as those are my problem days.
Ibunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Ibunnie Weekends are the tough time for me as well!

Day2 : Hunger was not a problem today,either . And I ate in total 8 eggs again. But I had some bad spells of cramps today. Maybe a bit too much butter in the scrambled egg. The first day weight loss was a bit more than 4 pounds (2.2 kg) Although the first day losses are always the biggest, it is still quite impressive.

With the food choice so limited, it gives quite a peaceful feeling. A bit like fasting indeed, but with no hunger pangs and no dizzy spells!.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Congrats on the loss!! keep it up. Maybe I'll jump on this weekend for a 1-2 day egg fast. I did well today focusing on seafood.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Day 3 : Ate 10 eggs. Geeze. I feel like a hen now . Ibunnie/I love seafood, although I became allergic to many seafood stuff now . Good luck with the 1-2 day egg fast. I again lost a pound today. So in total about 6 pounds loss already. I think it might be a bit too 'fast', since I feel a bit nauseous. Ah. I miss fruits. Although I think I can give up bread/cookie stuff forever, I will always crave sugary fruits. Mango, pineapple... somehow berries are not my favorites.

I had some broth today to overcome the dizziness and nausea. and cooking some nice stuff for hubby and son to overcome some cravings. For some reason it soothes me to see them eat delicious food I made even when I can't enjoy it and being so slender, they can afford any food.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I couldn't imagine being allergic to seafood. I'm making a shrimp omelette this morning. I hope the broth helped I experienced that same nausea on my last egg fast.And Just think it's only for 21 days then you can Eat a nice fruit salad to break your fast.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Day4 : ate only 3 eggs. I felt so weird and light in the head today. Long time ago, I had fat burner which then still legally contained Ephedrine, and it felt just like that. Complete lack of appetite, and such a weird floating feeling. Guess people don't really need drugs anymore, they just need to eat eggs .

I 'broke' my fast partially today by eating 3 small almond flour sconces. I just couldn't stand the idea of more eggs for dinner. Feel slightly bad about it, but not overly so.

In total, I lost 7 pounds since I started the fast. in just 4 days. I guess I lost the water weight really too fast which led to a lot of muscle cramping, nausea, etc. I took quite some salt and broth, but it seems it was not enough. On a positive side, I've never lost weight so quickly in my whole life, even when I was much younger and when I was completely water fasting (weird to think about it now..). And after some yo-yoing, my body was not responding to the normal induction phase,either. So it's great to see some loss. On the other hand, now I don't think I can stick to 100% eggs for the rest of the plan. (weakling me). I am thinking about doing 2 meals with eggs and one meal with very low carb. I will keep writing here about my progress(hopefully) anyway though.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Don't feel bad. Your body needed something more. You can do a partial egg fast like you suggested. You'll be fine and congrats on the loss 7lbs in 4 days.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Day 5 : ate 5 eggs /a bit of beef and cream and 2 strawberries & 2 almond flour scones.
About half pound loss. So I guess it is finally slowing down. I feel better now, but a bit hungrier,too. it's a national holiday here. so I was a bit lax with my diet as well (good excuse ).

On a different note, I guess in the end, low carb works because people eat less calories than before .. just like low fat diet. It is just that low fat/low calorie diet makes one feel so deprived that a dam breaks open at some point in time and it is not sustainable. But if one can be moderate and careful about calorie intake, I guess it doesn't necessarily to be low carb.

I am from South Korea, one of countries where people are very very slender. And I was very slender,too before I went to Europe to study! And in Korea or in Asia in general, they eat really high carb meals. And mostly people eat a lot of rice, and vegetables and only little protein/fat. My mother is close to 70, and her waist is about 26 inches and she still has her curves. And she doesn't like 'rich' food. Mostly just rice and some seaweed, vegetables.

But it seems I never can go back to that kind of diet and remain fit.. I keep feeling hungry then binge. So for me, low carb is more appetite control rather than it burns fat more efficiently, etc.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Day7 : 162 lbs. total 8 pound loss in a week. The weight loss is getting slowed now. about half pound per day I think. I began to eat eggs with some condiment (soy sauce, tomato sauce). I guess it will slow the loss a bit but it makes me feel better. All in all, I find the fast quite easy to do, and I can see that my face got less round, and the collarbone begins to be a bit visible, etc.

As a reward for myself, I bought 2 pairs of jeans today at a 2nd hand clothing store. Since I am planning to lose 50 pounds more, I didn't want to buy too expensive ones . But I am going to buy something nice for myself after each 10 pounds loss from now on as treats.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:25 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

day 8 : 161 lbs. total 9 pound lost. Not much to report except that I feel great now. The nausea and weak feeling disappeared over the weekend. I had 7 boiled eggs today. it is now easier to eat boiled eggs than fried for some reason. I feel very light and happy, not burdened by huge amount of food in the belly.

I am going on holidays for two weeks soon. after the fast is over. it will be really tough for me to keep off the weight if I am not extremely careful. I have two social dinners at least. and I have to stay with in laws!. I feel actually very ashamed and hesitant to say that I am on a diet, and Atkins ..even. They will think me crazy for sure and will drag me into a discussion, prodding questions, etc. ugh..

But the alternative is to eat the same food as they, and I really don't want to eat anything which will sabotage my diet. So I guess I will just confess and wait humbly their judgement. But nobody will be able to force me to eat anything .. Remember that. It is my hand , my decision which puts that food into my mouth.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

day 9 : 160 pound. total 10 pound lost. I ate 5 boiled eggs today and a protein fudge I made. Recently I ordered quest bars, and wondered if I could make something similar at home. I got an idea from this webpage : Homemade Quest Protein Bars - Busy But Healthy . However, where I live, there is no way to get IMO (aka. isomalto-oligosaccharide) which is bascially soluable fiber. (this fiber is also used to make quest bars, by the way). I had however some Inulin powder, which is also fiber and sweet (prebiotic). For anyone interested, there was a study where it was shown that inulin had a beneficial effect on glycemic control (ISSN 2233-6079) and the powder is relatively cheap and easy to come by.
I heated the powder with some water and boiled it till the mixture reached honey like consistency. It became slightly golden brown, and smelled like roasted marshmallow. I added slowly whey protein powder (chocolate and vanilla) and whisked it rapidly till it all got mixed then spread it on the baking sheet and cut it in bite size when it was cool to touch.
The end result was slightly chewy, and sweet and very filling (very similar to fudges). I had a tiny piece and didn't need any more eggs for the dinner. I guess I can add some nuts and dried fruits next time for more variation.

This 10 pound loss was the most effortless loss I've ever had in my long weight loss career!. I have to see if I can keep it off, but after the first days, it has been really easy and pleasant. I however made 8/2 rule for my fast. that I can have other stuff (very low carb) as long as it remains less than 20 % (the other 80% from eggs).
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Day 10 : 158 pound total 12 pound lost. I had 5 eggs, 1 protein fudge, half of almond flour scone, and 2 Tbs of butter. I was a bit hungry and craved some carb food today.
What I find helpful during such moment is to indulge other senses than taste buds. Taking a fragrant bath is best, but since it is not always feasible, if I am at home, I go to the garden and crush some grass/leaves in my hand to smell them, or I can touch/smell flowers. If I am at the office or the weather is bad, I apply very nice smelling deodorant or floral perfume. The pleasant scent fills me with good feeling, and makes me want to have a body which would match the perfume.

It is a bit of depressing thought that even if I lose additional 12 pounds, I will be still 'overweight'. and nobody mentioned my weight loss anyway so far, so apparently it is like a drop in the ocean. I am still fat. Rationally I should know that I can't just jump to the normal weight overnight, but emotionally it is at times hard.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Day 11 : 158 pound total 12 pound lost. There was no loss today. I had 5 eggs, and 2 protein fudges, and will have some butter before going to bed.
Things taste a bit different than before now. I had just some soft boiled eggs, and the yolk tasted very intense, rather salty. but in a pleasant way. Everything tastes very vivid now. I think I am consuming way less than 800 kcal per day at the moment, and feel a bit worried that it is too low. But I often feel so stuffed now, and don't feel like eating. A bit afraid that the appetite will rush back in vengeance once I start to introduce more food when the fast is over.

Trying not to be obsessed with weight as well. Remember there is more to life than losing weight after all!. It is such an unproductive way of living a life to dream of the day when the life finally starts when the goal weight has been reached. It is going on from day to day.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Day 13 : the weight has stabilized at around 158-159 for 3 days now. A bit disappointing, but after the initial fast loss, it is not something unpredictable. To introduce some changes, however, I did weight exercise today instead of walking, and had a big beef steak instead of eggs. I had a few Tbs of butter/salt throughout the day.

I found an interesting link today about very very fast fat loss : Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol: How to Lose Fat Way Faster Than You Should | The Bulletproof Executive . basically you have only butter/coffee/salt/supplements for 5 days, and on the 6th day, you eat carb. So a combination of fat fast and carb cycling. I don't feel like going to that extreme yet, since I have a vacation coming up and need to socialize a lot with people. But maybe in June, I can give a go.

I really don't believe that only slow steady weight loss can be sustained. More than anything, motivation is what matters here, and a very slow progress, can be demoralizing.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:27 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Just noticed that the fungal infection on my arm disappeared!. I got it from my husband a few years ago, and I hated it. and the fungal cream he used didn't work for me. I've heard that low carb help with such things before, but hardly believed it.. oh wow.. And my tongue also lost its whitish and furry coat. It looks pink and clean now.
I am very hungry today, and trying hard now not to eat more.
I also have noticed that my skin looks better than before. Seems the high carb diet was really creating havoc in my body.

Ahh.. I really crave for fruits though.. and rice. drinking some water with apple vinegar now to sooth the craving.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

day 14: 2 weeks, 6kg lost. Not bad at all. Although I am not losing anymore at the moment, I am happy with my progress and I will hang on. Once the fast is over, I think I will weight less often than now. I also measured my waist today. It was nearly down 10 cm!. Unlike in the beginning of the fast,however, I feel a lot of hunger/craving nowadays. I sometimes wonder which would be better, to allow myself a moderate amount ? or to exert iron will ?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Day 14 : still stalling. I decided not to pay much attention to the weight anymore. At least I am not gaining . I will be happy when I lose, and will just accept it calmly and hang on when I am not losing. I had a bit of binge today. Although I think I was still around 1000 kcal mark. I had quite some 'kimchi'. My favorite pickled cabbage side dish. It has quite few carbs. (2 g per serving I think). But it is a trigger food for me, and it led to some sausage binge afterwards.

But I didn't binge like in the past, till I felt nauseous and unhappy. I remember one incident at an airport.. My mother was staying with me for 2 weeks, and I was seeing her off there. When she saw me after so many years, what she first said was "so fat!" . And she was going on and on that theme during her visit. When I was exercising, she said that my fat rolls were jiggling and it was kinda funny. She even made a racist remark that I would be mistaken for a native here since I am so fat.
I became rather acidic toward her in the end as well and then regretted it when she burst into tears and self pity.
And when I saw her finally off, I bought half dozen of donuts and ate them all at one sitting. I wanted to flush her out of my system. I felt like crying.
I have my own child now, and from the first moment when he was bald and red and wrinkly, there was no child in the world who was more beautiful to me. It still hurts at times why my mother couldn't love and accept me like that.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
Day 2 here on an egg fast..not going to be a 21 day fast but I have to say I have enjoyed it! In eating meat all the time it feels so hard to digest and I think the eggs are so much easier for your body to process. Easy to fix and prepare, cheap, what else can you ask for? I think I would get tired of an eggs only diet, but eating 2 eggs every 4 hours actually keeps me from getting hungry and I don't feel I am constantly digesting food all the time. Great break or reset from a LC or no carb diet for sure!
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:53 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

It has been quite a while since I last posted. Nearly a month!. I was on holidays in the meanwhile, and it has been really hectic and exhausting. It took us 30 hrs flights to reach the destination!. And of course I went off the wagon, but surprisingly only a little. And I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either!. Actually I think I am a pound or so lighter now. I ate bread/pie, etc, but I didn't feel this mad rush to consume everything in sight. And I carried tons of Quest Bars in my suitcase, and they really helped. They taste great and are very filling. My favorite was Rasberry and white chocolate.

I am back to egg diet once more. It is day 2 already today. Unlike last time though I still feel quite hungry. My plan is to lose again 6 kg as quick as possible and to maintain it for a month before starting it again.