Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Dear Diary, I want Milk! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/828311-dear-diary-i-want-milk.html)

glidergirl 04-15-2014 08:58 PM

Dear Diary, I want Milk!

Dear Diary, I want Milk! It's my treat at the end of the day! My quiet time, getting ready for bed, winding down, reading drink! I WANT IT!
Colleen

Dear Colleen, WHAT!? Are you kidding me? You Just went through a whole day with NO BREAD, NO SUGAR, NO COFFEEMATE, NO ICE CREAM, NO POTATO! You really want to screw that up with MILK? (but I want it)
Ok, ok, here's what we'll do, we'll try some low carb concoctions that MIGHT help get you through until you can drink a LITTLE milk again.
Diary
p.s. quit whining! do you want to feel better or not?

glidergirl 04-15-2014 09:54 PM

Day 1

Day 1: 5'6", 190/190/144, 326.5"/326.5"/276.5"
Want to lose 50" overall. (weight not as important, but 40-50lbs)

Well Diary, I made it through day one! It wasn't quite the way it should have been, but I cut out all my big carbs. And man, did I have cravings!
I had 2 eggs with an ounce of cream cheese for breakfast. (ok, ok, now I know I shouldn't have cream cheese! but I still counted the carbs)
2 cups of coffee with liquid no sugar sweetener and heavy cream (instead of my organic sugar and coffeemate)
Had a chocolate/sweet craving, so had about 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk with davinci type no sugar chocolate flavor. Tasted good and creamy, but gave me a bit of a stomach ache, and went right through me! Note to self: use this as needed to get things moving. :-p
Lunch : one hotdog (no bread) with 1 slice melted provolone cheese(I know, I know, I'm not supposed to have that either! but I'm easing into it) 1 glass sugar free lemonade

Supper: broiled chicken leg/thigh quarters, and for DH, since it's cold tonight, some leftover cream of potato soup (of course, I can't have the potatoes, corn, or milk in it)
for me a made up cream soup:
5oz. water, 1 TBS heavy cream, 1 TBS butter, 2 small mushrooms, dash of dried onion, salt, pepper, and garlic. Not too bad, but needs more cream and mushrooms.

Bedtime, I WANT MY MILK!
After perusing the forums, I made up a facsimile: 6 oz. cold water, 2 TBS heavy cream, and davinci type sugar free vanilla flavoring. Not Milk. But it tastes ok, and I'll tweak it as we go.

I'm hoping that eliminating refined, white carbs will lessen the inflammation with my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis.

Looking back at the day: I didn't really eat that much! well, not much for me!
I learned: No hot dog! no cream cheese yet! (but found the recipe for Oopsie Rolls, and can't wait to try them!)
I had no sugar, bread, etc. but did not drink near enough water! Tomorrow, MORE WATER! I don't really want to use artificial sweeteners too much, so I want to eventually phase it out of my coffee. I can see I'll use it for sweet flavor now and then, but hopefully someday I can go back to using sparse amounts of my organic, natural cane sugar, and MILK!
Colleen

Dear Colleen, You did really well, for your first day. I'm very proud of you! I believe, as you get closer to your 50" loss and better health, you'll be able to have a little real milk. (Isn't it funny that THAT is the thing you want most?)
But for now, hang in there! Just think about how much better you will feel getting refined carbs out of your life. The better you feel, the more you can move. The more you can move, the better you will feel.
You can do it!
Diary

glidergirl 04-16-2014 07:46 AM

Oops! Remembered this morning that I forgot to list my fried cheese yesterday: 2 oz sharp cheddar
Wondering why I don't have edit buttons on my posts here.
:dunno: