Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Olive's Odyssey (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/828058-olives-odyssey.html)

Olive 04-10-2014 05:55 PM

Olive's Odyssey

Some non-classical definitions of the word "odyssey":

1. Oxford - "A long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience"

2. MacMillan - "A person's progress from one stage of life or set of beliefs to another"

3. Merriam-Webster - "A series of experiences that give knowledge or understanding to someone"

4. Cambridge - "A long trip or period involving a lot of different and exciting activities, esp. while searching for something"

5. Collins - "Any long eventful journey"

6. Longman - "A series of experiences that teach you something about yourself or about life"

Seems fitting...

Olive 04-10-2014 06:10 PM

Hello!

I'm Olive (Phoebe).

I turn 27 next month. I'm a mom to a lovely 5-year-old boy and wife to his lovely father. I live in a tiny, tropical country of swoon-worthy beauty.

I am a mostly ebulliently happy person, but haunted by the idea that I'm going to live out the rest of my twenties being fat.

I've been overweight since I've been in grade school. At the moment, I'm at 190 on a small 5'3 " frame. It's the heaviest I've been (albeit pregnancy). The lowest I've been at this height was 130 lbs, for a few miserable days when I was 15 (got there by ostensibly starving myself).

I want to get to about 150 lbs, and I hope I can do that in a year. Some may strive to get to a lower weight than that. But I don't believe much in BMI; all I know is that I feel normal, healthy and attractive at that weight. And 40 lbs. seems achievable.

And I know exactly what I have to do -- I've known for years. Same as for many others, low carb is the only thing that works for me. My odyssey is to overcome the idea that circumstances control me and "make me" break the commitment to staying LC. No more using stress, disappointment, celebration (or anything else) as an excuse to cheat. I need to do this long-term, and have it turn into a veritable way of life.

I crave and grow from your support, and I promise to return it tenfold to you Low Carb Friends!! xx

Olive 04-11-2014 08:54 AM

Yesterday's log --

DAY 1

Couldn't stop noshing, which is normal for me on Induction (side note: I so hope this is the last time I ever do Induction!).

Breakfast: skirt steak, 2 eggs and 1/4 cup chopped onions all fried in butter. Cup of coffee with 1 tbsp heavy cream and 1 Splenda

Lunch: two pork chops in mustard cream sauce (2 tbsps of mustard, 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1 garlic clove), 1/2 cup string beans

Dinner: 3 naked chicken wing drummettes and 10 "flatties" with buffalo sauce (butter and Frank's Hot Sauce), 1 cup shredded cabbage and 1 tomato slice (marinated in vinegar and tabasco)

Snacks: 2 baby Kosher dill pickles, 1 slice of Jack cheese, 1 small bag of lime-flavored pork rinds, cup of coffee with 1 tbsp heavy cream and 1 Splenda

Water: 8 glasses

***17 NET CARBS TOTAL***

Olive 04-12-2014 12:05 PM

DAY 2

Better energy. Was able to clean the house and take the dogs out for a late night walk. Goal is to stay under 20 net carbs so need to do better...

Breakfast: steak with 2 fried eggs, 1 slice Jack cheese, 1/8 cup onion and bell pepper, cup of Earl Grey tea with 1 tbsp heavy cream and 1 Splenda

Lunch: beef stroganoff (1 cup of mushrooms measuref raw, 1 garlic clove, 1/3 c heavy cream) over cauliflower "rice" (2 cups measuref cooked)

Dinner: sweet mustard baked drumettes (3 tbsps mustard and 1 Splenda) and salad (1 cup sliced cucumber, 1/8 chopped bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, 10 black olives, 2 tbsp SF white balsamic vinegar dressing)

Snacks: 2 baby kosher dill pickles, cup of coffee with 1 tbsp heavy cream and 1 Splenda

***22 NET CARBS TOTAL***

Olive 04-12-2014 08:29 PM

DAY 3

I'd forgotten how many dishes are dirtied doing Atkins! Sigh. Wash wash wash for hours. Already feel so less bloated and gassy. I love the diuretic effect of LC. Hoping to be in ketosis by EOD tomorrow.

Breakfast: 2 leftover sweet mustard drumettes, 25 almonds, coffee with 1 tbsp heavy cream & 1 Splenda

Lunch: 1 brat link, 1 tbsp yellow mustard, 2 baby kosher dill pickles, 5 olives

Dinner: meatza (ground beef base, homemade tomato sauce, 1 Italian sausage, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 10 olives, 2 slices Jack cheese, 2 tbsps parmesan)

Snacks: 1 serving creamy low carb vanilla pudding (Atkins recipe I found online)

***20 NET CARBS TOTAL***