LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Madmarsha 50 Days to the Beach journal

Technically, it's now 47 since I meant to start this before my first trip to Tampa.

My goal is to be 145 pounds. If I don't reach it -- and I prolly won't -- it's really okay. I can still be in the jeans that I want.

I am not home yet so I won't know the "damage" this weekend has caused; but, really, it shouldn't be too bad. I give myself permission to eat "however" but my mind just doesn't want to return to the old. I had some crackers with dip, a small piece of Sicilian pizza, a potato chip or two. That's it. That combined with not my full water ration may be enough to give me some water weight gain but we shall see. Ideally, I've whooshed a pound or two.

How can I do this? Have to be super "perfect" on food and more fast days than I've had in the past 2 weeks. Have to start lifting again. Even as I say this, I know that will be tough. It's my hardest aspect. Easiest will be the running. I ran Friday morning and Sunday morning but probably will not be able to on Monday after the road trip. Will have to start Tuesday.

Honestly, at this point, I dunno how to speed up the weight loss. It almost requires me to be on a "diet" rather than eating intuitively.
LDL: 191
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Some treadmill today, food "normal", water prolly down overall but close. Still up 3 pounds. Drat.

Jeans go on but don't look good. I know it has to be a slow process but it's hard to get super excited in between and just stay the course. I mean, I know I will but it's more fun when it's exciting.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Up only 1.5 pounds now (but I ate some leftovers so I'm sure I'm back up). Didn't get my TOM whoosh last week so I'm hoping for one this week when I am fully back on track.

Water good for today. Fasted until the leftovers. May fast the rest of the night and tomorrow may be a good fast day also.

Dunno what's making me wait but I am not motivated to run yet today. I will, tho. I will. Off tomorrow so I'll think about doing butt lift class and then pilates. Last time, couldn't do the double double. Mike already went today or I'd go later tonight when it's quiet and lift. I could still go by myself if I get motivated.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't write yesterday. Arggg! Anyway, by last night, I saw my 167 again. Woo hoo!!

I ran 5 miles and went and sat in the sauna to sweat. I love to sweat.

I will run today either by myself or join a group up in Poplarville to run for something different. I like running alone but in a group will challenge me to not walk as much. We'll see.

Anyway, I haven't done a class in 2 weeks and I'm fine with that. There are some times I'm in the conformist mood and sometimes I'm not. And as long as I get back to lifting, with the running that's plenty.

I am not "feeling" a new change but I am seeing a new change. I believe I'm down 1 inch in my waist but still not quite in my size 12 jeans. I am sure I will be soon, tho. I had very little to eat yesterday but today I already had an Atkins bar. Which is fine. Not ideal but fine. How I eat the rest of the day depends on how I feel. I will try to fast as much as possible.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight I was 166! Yay! And I met Brandon who will meet me Monday to help me with my weightlifting. Yay! So so happy today.

Going to work so hard to try to be 159 by May 1st. If not, at least to be looking good in my new jeans, not just stuffed into them.

Didn't do the group run but ran (sorta) 5 miles. Going to sit in jacuzzi and sauna tomorrow. Really enjoy that. LOVE to sweat when I'm TRYING to sweat.

Really thrilled for the upcoming week.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
I'm puttin' this over here for you, too... Again...
WOOT WOOT!!!!
I'm so happy for you, now keep it up like I know you can!
So just in case you read this because you're feeling yourself slide back, reaffirm here that you know this is what you want and YOU CAN DO IT!
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
I'm puttin' this over here for you, too... Again...
WOOT WOOT!!!!
I'm so happy for you, now keep it up like I know you can!
So just in case you read this because you're feeling yourself slide back, reaffirm here that you know this is what you want and YOU CAN DO IT!
You are too awesome, MsKitty! Thank you so so much!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Crap, I ate a Reese's PB egg tonight. The only problem is I felt out of control with it because I'm really trying to fast but not succeeding. So this sugar ends up being a significant portion of my total intake for the day. I have had sugar before but usually with an influx of protein first. AND I think it's just boredom eating, too, which I can't remember the last time I did that ... at least on something non-"legal".
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
Crap, I ate a Reese's PB egg tonight. The only problem is I felt out of control with it because I'm really trying to fast but not succeeding. So this sugar ends up being a significant portion of my total intake for the day. I have had sugar before but usually with an influx of protein first. AND I think it's just boredom eating, too, which I can't remember the last time I did that ... at least on something non-"legal".
Okay. What you say is all true, but if you were going to snarf something "bad" there are worse things to have eaten, FOR SURE!
Let's review here:
34 gm Reese's PB Egg:
170 kcal, 10 gm Fat, 4 gm Protein, 17 nCarb (18 carb - 1 fiber)

Don't sulk about it. It was good, right? No regrets!
Now: SHAKE IT OFF and GET BACK TO WORK!!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Ur right. I didn't look at the package but 17 is not that bad. I probably had way more with the 2 Cokes in small cans I had last week. I just don't think I've done that "back to back" with the sugar. I usually go longer in between. But a week is a week, it's not been every day.

It was good. I did enjoy it. Probably more than I ever did before where I'd be eating 2 or 3 or more at a time. It did make me hungry, tho, so I "backloaded" with protein to counteract and I will be drinking crap tons of water today. And I'll do my run earlier.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
...I "backloaded" with protein to counteract and I will be drinking crap tons of water today. And I'll do my run earlier.
Exactly! ATTACK!!!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

More whoosh to come. Still seeing 166/167 consistently so body's getting ready to give some fat up. I predict 162 by the end of the month. Almost in my littlest jeans so far!

Doing well with some uninspired eating for a little while. Not easy but seems to be doing the trick.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Go Marsha, Go! Just think how svelte you'll be by the end of the month!
Get stuck? Ask yourself if you want to look like a PB egg in pants or like a svelte cougar! Cougar all the way, baby!
(I've been telling myself this about the Atkin's Endulge PB cups I have sitting in my kitchen for the last three weeks. It's worked, and you have just over two weeks until the end of the month! Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!)
Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Internet issues so I missed a couple days.

Sadly, I'm back to sticking at 168. No rhyme or reason for it. Didn't fast yesterday and not fasting today. Will try tomorrow since things will be more settled.

Ran a good 1.5 today. Focusing on a stronger 1 mile than going for the longer distances. Will w/l either tonight or VERY early tomorrow and then a run. Been a little chilly here and while that didn't used to bother me, I'm not loving it. Of course, it'll be WAY too hot soon; but I want to enjoy it now because I love a moderate day with a slight breeze when I'm running. Just nothing like it.

So right now, the running needs a slight push. The w/l needs a HUGE push. Need to make it a habit in the next couple of days. Like the food. My food is not even a thought right now. I'm just eating "legal" foods when the hunger crops up and water, water, water.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to 166. Been fasting so I guess I'll keep on today as long as I can. Not going to run or lift for a bit so I'll wait.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Dang, 3 days?

Well, back up again. 168. No PB egg, tho. This time I'm calling it a stall.

Did work out yesterday. Will do so again today. Water was nuts yesterday.
Going to try for that again today.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Same old, same old.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

So I'm thinking of making it simple, Stupid, and just plan on alternating running days with w/l'g days. I think the rest days will take care of themselves as I go along.

How does that sound to you, Marsha?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

New number this morning and now EXACTLY ONE MONTH TO BEACH DAY! I will be "solid" today but who knows about tomorrow or this weekend esp. with all the work I have to do. One day at a time, tho.

I'm going to keep exercising but cooling it with trying to figure out the "best" schedule. Just don't let too many days go by.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

*knocks*
Knock, knock!
Youuuuuu hooooooo!
Anybody home?
Old 04-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here. Doing the math. It's been 19 days and I'm still not any closer to being in my size 12 jeans. Problem is, my 14s are falling off. Doesn't make sense. So I lost 3 pounds this month and no inches. I wish I knew or was reasonably optimistic about wooshing next month in both pounds and inches. So I will keep weightlifting which means I have to lift tonight and then Monday. And I will still keep running but maybe only at least 3 times a week. Food continues to be on track. The last 3 days, I've only been eating every 12 hours or so. Now, today I've been grazing but it's not been a frenzied pig out of legal food.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I was just checking on your current plan of attack.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
I was just checking on your current plan of attack.
Ack, my plan is very "fluid". So worried about upsetting the "delicate balance" when I probably really have very little control at all except over what I actually eat. It's different when you have an actual date goal rather than just an abstract, eh, I lose it when I lose it. It will be a tough May as I "play" with the exercise issue.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

In due time, you will reap the benefits of that which you sow.
Stay.the.course, Marsha.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, MsKitty. After a bit of a rocky time there, I feel fierce again. It's a great feeling knowing I can go through that but make it back again to my epiphanized mindset.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Whew, what a morning. Sickey poo stomach which NO ONE wants to hear about. But, oh, man, it was nearly coming and going. It was SORT of a whoosh. Finally the Imodium kicked in. Noteworthy only because it came out of nowhere. It had been 12 hours since I ate, tho, what could it be but something I ate? Then I was scared to eat but I was hungry so I did have 2 eggs and some deer sausage which didn't upset me and I haven't eaten since and I am not particularly hungry right now.

Am inundated with a horrendous work thing right now so this is a good time to assess a short exercise respite. I will have a full workout with my trainer Wednesday, tho, so there's there. And then next week MAY be an unexpected trip to DC or an entire week where I can just exercise my little heart out as much as my muscles will let me.

Picked up some Greek yogurt cream cheese yesterday. A little dangerous because it's more carbs than regular cream cheese which I am currently more or less binge eating with my almonds; but I've never had it before so I will try it. Otherwise, aside from eating out too often (but still staying 95% on the straight and narrow), my food is same old, same old (except for bacon. I'm out of bacon which is usually a "go to").

Holding steady at 164 so there's probably a whoosh coming (and aided by the "evacuation"), hopefully. However, I still feel bloaty today as I did last night when I finished my chicken breast (which is REALLY filling) and I swear my stomach looks fatter! Not freaking out, just making an anecdotal observation.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Yikes. Being sick is *blech*. I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so poorly.
If it helps the short term goal though, perhaps it was meant to be.
It's always possible that you had a salmonella issue with the eggs or some similar issue/contaminate with the deer sausage.
At least the work will be keeping you busy. I understand there are some fab restaurants in DC. Perhaps you can locate another great find like the last one you spoke about.
Greek yogurt cream cheese, eh? If you're doing the HDE/IE thing, it's good to have such things on hand anyway. You may 'binge,' on it, but it is good practice for acknowledging the hunger and then stopping when you're satiated. I think it sounds like good 'test' material: stuff you like and stuff you can really use to help re-establish the correct neural pathway responses and behaviors. So, that's one way to look at it, anyway.
A flatter tummy will work just fine for the beach goal!! wOOt!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

MsKitty, when I go to Tampa, I've already scoped out the Brazilian charcuterie restaurants. Just meat, meat, meat! They used to have one down here but I never got to it. But I hadn't thought about scoping out DC for a good place so thanks for the reminder! I know there used to be a good German place that I always ate at in DC but that's been ages.

I was kind of hoping to find a really "new" taste with the Greek yogurt cream cheese but it was no better than regular to me. But it has more protein so if it's on sale some week that regular isn't, I'll certainly get it again. Yeah, for right now that little snack combo is hitting the spot for HDE/IE. And almonds are a newfound love I used to could always take or leave so it keeps me from binging TOO much but they are doing the trick!

Last edited by Madmarsha; 04-28-2014 at 09:54 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Yup. That's one of the (few) things I miss about Tampa - the Cubans and red beans/rice. There was a Cuban market just around the corner from where I worked. My DH worked over on the next block and we used to do lunch together at that place. Awesome to get containers of nothing but seasoned meat. That said, I do hope you can dig up some good eats in DC. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I must say that your snack combo sounds like a good one. I'm glad it's working for you!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I def. gotta scope out some good Cuban grub. I'll eat a bit of rice but I will gladly consume plaintains. I deem them "worthy". If I can get the beans solo without the rice, awesome. I deem beans worthy, too, because I don't eat them often but they have good fiber.

I am so looking forward to this trip. I am going with a few friends but one of them is my BFF. She is so awesome. I've known her since Sept. 3, 1975, (with a margin of error of 72 hours, but I think I nailed it). We talk a lot anyway but a whole week of "girl time". No work, no husbands, no kids, no dogs. We are going to have a lot of good talks that shall lead to some self discovery which has been an issue of late. What makes me me and why am I so gosh darn awesome?