Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
I def. gotta scope out some good Cuban grub. I'll eat a bit of rice but I will gladly consume plaintains. I deem them "worthy". If I can get the beans solo without the rice, awesome. I deem beans worthy, too, because I don't eat them often but they have good fiber.

I am so looking forward to this trip. I am going with a few friends but one of them is my BFF. She is so awesome. I've known her since Sept. 3, 1975, (with a margin of error of 72 hours, but I think I nailed it). We talk a lot anyway but a whole week of "girl time". No work, no husbands, no kids, no dogs. We are going to have a lot of good talks that shall lead to some self discovery which has been an issue of late. What makes me me and why am I so gosh darn awesome?
Fwiw, there are some good places to eat over in Ybor as well. They have more of a nightlife environment there (restaurants and bars) on that side of the bay. You might want to consider those and look for reviews as well.
I reconnected with my BFF from HS last year. We pick right up like we've never been apart - even though years have gone by, so I totally understand.
I really hope you have a great time!
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
New number today but TOM is coming. Usually a good week for me but not last time.

Great workout April 30. So good time to refocus for May! I will work out but I will respect the rest days and concentrate on improving my 1.5 mile. At least till I get to the beach. Then I'm running on the beach to my heart's content!

Last edited by Madmarsha; 04-30-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
...Then I'm running on the beach to my heart's content!
Good plan!
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Well, nothing new. 21 days. At 50 days left, I thought there was a lot I could do. At 21 days left, I think there is little I can do. How much change can I make in my body at 21 days?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, I'm finally full. Hash browns and toast and then a mint Oreo cookie with a Dunkin Donuts coffee. Then STARVING all day. Then eating nuts, meat roll ups, cheese, and bacon and eggs fill finally I want to stop going out to the kitchen and I feel bloaty. Uggg
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

20 days to get in the new jeans. Gah!!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Well, ack. My hunger is really weird lately. Comes on ravenous since the donut but then also abates quickly even if I didn't feed the hunger. Generally, normally my hunger builds slower and then doesn't stop till I eat something. I am not sure right now when is the last time I ate something. I was so hungry for dinner last night and then never ate it. This morning I've already been not hungry at all, hungry, and now not hungry again.

TOM is almost over but haven't hit the exercise yet. What is wrong with me? I have 19 days now. Not that I was going to make too many body changes in this time. Still, I'm hoping for some wooshes.

Need to dig out the personal cooler or something for schlepping water out to the beach.
LDL: 191
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

So, waist size thought. Maybe this will help overall mindset.

I keep saying goal is whatever gets rid of my visceral fat regardless of vanity. But let's face it, it's human nature to focus on the external. Especially when your belly is there vexing you at every jiggly turn in the struggle to learn self acceptance. However, ridding the visceral fat will necessarily cure the vanity problem anyway. It's sort of like a 2-fer. It seems to me if I can keep my focus on that, that's a much more positive outlook than only focusing on the dang pair of jeans I am struggling to fit into comfortably and attractively and won't risk endangering my cortisol levels making me at cross purposes because of the stress of not losing inches.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling pretty un-fierce today personally. I'm about to go run to hopefully feel better but loneliness is the problem. My food is fine. My number is fine. Not whooshing but it's fine. Nope, I'm not feeling bad about the fat at all. It's feeling unloved and un-missed. I am nobody's #1.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

The problem with having a specific goal date is that I feel like a failure because I won't reach it as if I've done something wrong. And I haven't. I've not lost control and cheated. My exercise is down but that's not the problem. I don't think that made the difference tho I'm gonna be a fiend this week. No, the problem is the body not cooperating and getting with the program and I ultimately have no control over that. It's still disappointing, tho, how much the weight loss has slowed down.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Crap, I was supposed to do 6 miles. Only did a "hard" 1.5. Gonna at least take the dog for walkies.

And, Marsha, please, no more nut butters. It's not worth the "repeat" or the RAVENOUS HUNGER IT GIVES YOU no matter how good it is.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

This trip is gonna be interesting.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Really, Marsha, you haven't been here in five days? Well, it looks like your FL trip might be cut short but then you may have another "goal date". Eh, it ain't looking good for either.

You've got to figure this out, Marsha, and get your fat loss moving again. I am just in a quandary what to do. I am doing everything "right" and yet something is going wrong. Stall 10 pounds from now, dammit, not now.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Well, only made it to 162. And today am 165 and I hurt my quads last night so I dunno how the beach running is going to go. Argggg!!! Changing this now to my next goal date which has yet to be determined but is coming so I must concentrate now.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Beach running went fine! Now do I change to focusing on a new June goal since it's almost June or just keep on keeping on? A specific goal not met just seems to lead to disappointment. It takes as long as it takes. If I get a 10-pound month, cool. But it just seems that to have a specific goal doesn't really change anything. My motivation is already pretty intact!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I suppose I will have to run later because I was going to go to the pool and it's raining again! I love the rain. I do. But it thwarts plans and I need to get back on track. I hadn't run since I came home till last night and it was great. My quad was fine but I was sweaty! Only 75 degrees but humid from all the rain and I had the long pants on. It does feel good, tho, after that to come in the air conditioned house. Love that feeling. I sort of did that HIIT thing so I will keep doing that. Food is fine but need to lay off the almond butter and chocolate. Ah, heck, it's not like I can be perfect or have been perfect. The point for me is to be as compliant as possible but not feel deprived. YET AND STILL, I need to see some movement when there is no discernible reason not to. Could I do more "moving around"? Sure. Will it do any good other than what I'm already doing which is pretty good because I don't stray too far? I dunno. I do what I do but I'm not into things that feel like punishment. I enjoy the running and I enjoy the lifting. When I can get to the pool, I enjoy swimming esp. when it's hot, hot, hot.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Wait, I may have that wrong. I may need to increase adrenaline. Aaackkk. Keep reading.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in to my own journal. As of now, the next beach goal is 6 weeks away. However, I don't really like having a "goal". I am no more or less motivated so either way, I lose at the rate I lose .. or not.

By this time .. and certainly by the end of June .. I didn't know what weight I'd be, but I thought I'd have been in my new jeans for a while. No. Awful. I have not gone down in size in over 2 months. Awful. How can I lose some scale weight but not lose any inches? Ugh, I am so mad at my body. I am giving it what it needs and it's not rewarding me.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in. The beach is out but I'm in for a Labor Day goal of being at "goal". It will then switch less to a scale goal than just keeping up the WOE and re-focusing on weight lifting and running as the pool closes for the summer. Should be perfect timing. I won't reach goal (which stands currently at needing to lose 1.7 pounds a week) but I will be down to a single digit and maybe only being, say, 5 pounds from goal. At that point, toning and being fit will control ... as I wish they had before when I was 25 ... and the fat loss will just continue as a consequence.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Marsha, I just found your journal and you are doing great! I can't wait to get to the 160s. You must be so happy about doing that for yourself... Just because you haven't gone down In size doesn't mean you haven't lost the fat. You know what they say that sometimes water/fluid will take the place of the fat in the cells until a whush sp? comes along.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
Marsha, I just found your journal and you are doing great! I can't wait to get to the 160s. You must be so happy about doing that for yourself... Just because you haven't gone down In size doesn't mean you haven't lost the fat. You know what they say that sometimes water/fluid will take the place of the fat in the cells until a whush sp? comes along.
Thanks, Meme. I AM very happy. And very proud. And learning patience!! lol Oh, sometimes it's the patience that's the hardest ... but that's true for me in many areas, not just weight loss.

I didn't really think about it being fluid still hanging around in the fat cells. That makes me feel better. Whether it's fat or liquid, my body is definitely being stubborn. And so long as I have patience, that's okay. I know I'm doing the right things and doing everything I can.

Thanks for stopping by my journal!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, doing this one more month before I forget about this altogether.

It's August 1, my scale says 164!!! I am low carbing super strictly this month so let's see how it goes.