LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 230/220.4/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: April 2014
I'm in control!

I'm starting this journal to keep me accountable! I need it! I did low carb before and lost 40lbs...i'm here again because I've gained 80lbs since then (3 years ago). I've recently been prescribed sleeping medication and medication for depression because I've attempted suicide a few times. My weight is my biggest problem and something I've dealt with for years! I want to make a permanent change in my life. I NEED this change in my life. Maybe losing weight won't make me happy but it will make me feel a sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt since I lost those 40lbs 3 years ago.

Anyway so here I am! I'm determined to rid myself of all medication and do what's best for me in this moment...day to day!

Let's do this!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JudyJo
Stats: 247/239/145
WOE: low carb all the way!
Start Date: January 15, 2014
Hello, Jana! I have done low carb several times in my ....ummm....weight loss career.....lol.......what I can say is that it is the ONLY plan/woe that has ever worked for me.

As a side point, I find that the heavier I am, the more emotional I am....I cry at the drop of a hat! It's horrible. And the more weight that comes off, the more I stabilize emotionally. There HAS to be a chemical connection of some kind, because I actually FEEL happier and more content when I get closer to my ideal weight.

I am struggling this time, and need to lose 80 more pounds, having started at 247.

Please don't give up.

I think you might find the same contentment. And maybe get to be rid of the meds, too!

Judy
JudyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Judy for the words of encouragement! I am not giving up this time, no way! I can't for my health. I don't think this is much about weight loss anymore as it is my health. I remember when I've tried doing LC again in the past I did feel better when I was on LC than eating all sorts of junk. LC is the only thing that has worked for me, I tried low calorie. Here I am again lol but I'm happier here in this community. Most people don't understand LC but you all do!

The past week I've been battling a nasty chest cold. I work only 3 days a week equaling 40 hours. So I have been trying to get as much rest as I can. I feel terrible! Today is day 2 of my LC journey. I'm doing pretty good, going back to basics. I haven't craved anything sweet yet. That probably has something to do with me being sick. I feel like I can do this time around.

I'm a daily weigher, I know that might not be the best idea but it works for me.
4/3 227.6
4/4 226.8

Today's eats:
B: Skipped (i felt too bad)
L: Hamburger steak, sour cream and butter, salad 1/2
D: Pork chop, salad 1/2
Tons of water

Other than being sick, I feel pretty good about my choices today.

See you all tomorrow!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Today is day 3 for me. I can feel my confidence building as I am prepared with the tools for success! I'm at work today. I work by myself all the time so it's just me and a few bunny rabbits that hop along here and there. It's a 12 hour shift today. I prepared my meals breakfast, lunch and dinner so I won't have any temptation to go to the snack machine. I don't need that junk!

B: 2 eggs 2 pieces of sausage
L: steak and chicken pan fried in butter
D: pork chop and a cobb salad

I'm still battling the chest cold, it's getting a little better I have an appointment with my dr on Wednesday about my medications I'm taking, it's a follow up to see how I'm doing. If I still have this chest cold maybe she will give me something for it. We will see. Maybe even eating healthier will help it too.

Weigh ins:
4/3 227.6
4/4 226.8
4/5 224.2
I'm glad to see this number Looks like LC is working again, I know this is water weight at first but i couldn't get the scale to move when I was doing low calorie or any other plan. LC works best for me.

That's all I have for now!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Jana! Just popping in to offer my support here. You can do this, girl!!!

Hope you get to feeling better soon, it's such a drag to have nagging colds hanging around!

You've got this! With ya all the way!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! i'm here with you too the whole way! we can do this!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

I have discovered something new that I completely LOVE as a snack!

Oberto brand All Natural Applewood Smoked Bacon Jerky. Oh My Goodness! So delicious and it is minimally processed. It is made with 100% real bacon. It has like 5 ingredients on the list. I'm in love!!! I tell you...in love!

All for tonight, goodnight, sweet dreams!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I missed updating yesterday due to being out of town for my niece's birthday party. We had chinese food and I did really good...plus no cake or ice cream for me! Step by step here! We had a good time yesterday visiting with my family, my niece is getting so big. When I move it will definitely be sad that I won't be able to see her as often as I'd like but, it'll be okay. That's life.

Weigh ins:
4/3 227.6
4/4 226.8
4/5 224.2
4/6 224.6
4/7 223.0

Today on the menu:
B: Two eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon
L: Chicken liver
D: Bunless burger

Have an amazing day yall! I'm sure i'll be back later to post some more here.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a nice Tuesday! I'm on day 6 today and still going strong! Yesterday I didn't have the bunless burger because after the chicken liver I was so full! I did have a snack of SF Jello and a cheese square.

That's all I have for today! I have to go out of town today so another eating out challenge faces me. Be back later to tell the story of how my day went with food.
Weigh ins:
4/3 227.6
4/4 226.8
4/5 224.2
4/6 224.6
4/7 223.0
4/8 222.6

B: 1 egg with cheese, 1 sausage, 2 bacon
L: eating out somewhere - wish me luck
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

So on our adventure today, we went to eat chinese AGAIN!..i won..AGAIN! So proud of myself for committing so well to this this time around! I don't even have to think about it anymore I just do it! That's the point where I was last time a no brainer...then I backslid. But past is past and I'm living in the present! Living for today, in this moment. Meal after meal. Minute after minute. I. CAN. DO. THIS.

Talk to you all tomorrow! Bed time, I'm pooped!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/269.0/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Hey Jana!
You and I joined the boards about the same time, and I remember your posts. I'm so glad to see you. I too have recently restarted I lost 33lbs back 2011 and then I gave up and put it back on plus more. LC is all that works for me and I feel so much better.

Just wanted to say Hi!!
BecBelle is offline   Reply With Quote