Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad all is well...hope you have a good weekend !
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #212
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Here it comes. I don't know if my little image I'm trying to post will work but if it does, it will show you the kind of day we have in store. I'm working for Dee and she will most definitely be in her bedroom closet. It will be a long day for us both.

But while she hides, I will have to keep going in and out to my car to make phone calls. Let me see if I can play this all out for you. I get there and park. Check her voicemail using my phone and take notes of any messages. Leave phone in car and go in to say I'm here. When it gets close to dinner time, I go back out to car, call the voicemail again, call the restaurant, take notes of todays specials, go back inside to tell her what they are offering.

Go back out and order the food. Go back inside. Go back out and drive to the mail box for her mail, drive to the restaurant and back, go inside. Then before I leave for the night, go out and check the voice messages for her again. Don't know how many times that means I'll be running through the pouring rain today but I may end up nearly as wet as I do at the farm.

Won't be telling the story of my day until tomorrow when I'm off work and can relax. Working Sunday too but for one less hour than today. Have a great Friday and a super weekend, in case I don't see any of you over that time.

[The attachment didn't work. ]
Attached Images
File Type: gif Storm 5.16.14.gif (858 Bytes, 2 views)
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe there will be nice breaks in the rain at the right times? Wouldn't that be a nice surprise .

I the the time passes quickly for you and Dee. I still can't imagine living that life! How can she afford the private care? Poor lady . No family and friends who visit? Glad she has visits with you to look forward to, .
Old 05-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #214
Big Yapper!

She has two daughters but visits are rare. Not sure how many friends she has or how close they live but I get the feeling her companions are her foster family of sorts. I can't say how she affords us cause I don't know. I'm just thankful that she can, or I wouldn't have a job.

It's so dark here right now. I wanted so much to post that radar image! It was a .gif file and I've posted those before with success. Maybe because it "belonged" to a certain weather website it is blocked from being copied for some reason. Would have loved to show it to you though.

They're saying only a chance for a few rumbles of thunder so maybe it will just be heavy rain. I'm going to have to give Cissy her half pill to chill her nerves just in case cause I can't have her all strung out here alone for that many hours. It's a little insurance, is all.

I might text the people upstairs and just ask them to let her out around 6 or whenever the rain finishes up (if it does.) The storm is moving north up the coast (long and narrow) but is also moving just as fast from west to east. I'd rather not have them drag her drugged fanny out into the rain cause I know she won't go out in that anyway.

I think it may be time to "test the waters" and see if she can handle a 9-hour stretch of being stuck in the house without me. (Takes me almost 30 minutes to commute one way.) If it's a foggy commute (like it was last Thursday), it will take a little longer. I hate fog.

Drinking my second and last cup of coffee. Any more than that and I get the jitters something terrible. No fun. I don't like decaf so that's not an option. I have a crick in my neck. Pillows must have slipped during the night. I've been trying to stretch and relax it but maybe I'll need a little Motrin to help it the rest of the way. (Just popped two of them.)

It's quarter to 1. Guess I need to go get ready. I already checked to make sure the car would start. Will get a new battery next week.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-16-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #215
Big Yapper!

The storm never came! It just broke up and I look at it as a small miracle. It rained a little on and off but not even what I'd call rain. They were predicting 20-30 mph winds and we only had a breeze. No thunder and lightening so she never had to alter her daily routine at all.

It's so sad, though. This woman feels she's in touch with her "spirit guides" and feels tapped into all things intuitive and God but she said something to me tonight that proves that she's under the influence of evil spirits. She said that she has asked for God to help her or to heal her and she said "He said he can't." He can't? Really? The hell He can't! You're talking to the wrong spirit if he's saying he's God but can't help her.
Now I know what to pray for regarding how I can impact her life. I haven't gone into anything with you all regarding her beliefs because they are her own and it's not for me to broadcast, but we don't see eye to eye. It's not an issue for me because "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." I know I am protected, but she clearly is not. She is inviting these "entities" into her "circle of trust" (to quote "Meet the Parents") and she is being screwed over by them. I can understand now why she has these strange symptoms and such torment. She says that "the light hurts me." She's talking about physical light but I can't help but read between the lines.

God has placed me there with her and I will just have to see how it all plays out but I will be sure to be full of HIM and not giving place to the devil. That means I have to stand guard at the door of my heart, mind and spirit. I can't get complacent or continue to live as a worldly, carnal Christian. God can't work through someone like that. I need to be His envoy in her completely closed off world where she has to live and hide from all things that make her sensitivities worse.

I don't know how to help her but God does, and He is most certainly able to do it! But He won't do it if she's going to give the glory to some other spirit entity.

Anyway, today was different. She had me go to Outback Steakhouse to pick up a "curbside take out" order that I called in before I left. She was tired of the stuff from the local Italian restaurants and I told her I didn't mind driving farther away. Outback was a lot farther than I realized. I had to get on the highway and go four or so exits to get there and then back. And it was all commuter traffic too. But she enjoyed her steak and I got to order something I wanted for a change. I goofed and over-tipped the person who brought the food out to the car, though. She only wanted me to give them $40 but I gave them $42, which was what was in the baggie. I counted it and thought it out and was going to just give the $40 but opted for the $42 and she was shocked I gave it all. Oops. She thought I hadn't counted it and said that if there had been $50 in there, would I have given it all too? I didn't argue, just learned a lesson and she will know what the order comes to and she can tell me exactly what to give in the future. She wasn't creepy about it, just being herself. When someone has so little control over the big things, they hyper-control the minute details that they can. I get that.

So for my second full 8-hour shift, I drove home in light rain/mist and fog. Makes it hard to see on the curvy back roads at night. I'm somewhat night-blind anyway. Add fog and oncoming car's headlights and I have to go super slow and watch for the lines on the street to keep me on the road. I hate fog.

We played Rummikub first then we played something I never heard of called "Spite and Malice." I'm just learning Rummikub and then to follow up with another completely new kind of game had my head in a tizzy. And it was muggy and too warm in her house so I was uncomfortable. We also played Gin Rummy, Yahtzee, Poker, Black Jack, and then we spent the last 2 hours talking with the bedroom door between us. This time I didn't go over (she did pay me for that extra hour with today's pay.)

So, what a day! I'm off tomorrow and working 7 hours on Sunday. I'm so happy that the storm disintegrated today! I medicated Cissy but she was fine when I got home and there were no "accidents" inside. All's well that ends well.

Goodnight, my friends. Please pray for me so that I can be useful to God for this woman who seems so lost.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-16-2014 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Wow Cheryl, That's quite the revelation you've had. I'm impressed with the Holy Spirit in you, giving you the insights & strength. You will most certainly need the full armor! (course we all do, but this is so obvious). I will certainly pray for you both.
What a blessing that the storm blew over & Cissy did well. It was nice & warm here today... felt hot to me, but was only 72.
Sleep well, my friend.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #217
Big Yapper!

72 feels hot to me too, if I'm out in the sun and not in shade. Yeah, it's nuts. Glad you are like I am. Thank you for the prayers and I will be keeping my weapons loaded and my armor on.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:07 AM   #218
Big Yapper!

It's 5 am and I'm still on the computer. I did a google search for that "spite and malice" game and found a great free online game site I never heard of before and I've been playing games ever since. In fact, I never took my night time meds so I'd better pop at least the ones that don't make you sleep. The birdies are beginning to chirp and I have yet to yawn one time. Looks like Saturday will be a lazy one for me.

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #219
Big Yapper!

[Copy/paste from the horse thread. Some repetitive info.]

Well, I'm clearly the laziest one of the bunch of us cause I'm the only one checking to see if there are new posts and finding none. I'm going to hate the warm seasons unless I join you all and start doing other more productive things with my time.

I was up all last night after I got home from work. Wrote about my day on my journal if you want to go and read (see siggy.) She taught me a game I'd never heard of called "spite and malice" and I googled it when I got home and found a very nice online game site and began playing it to get better. It's pretty fun and I discovered that she plays it a bit wrong. I will tell her how it's done online and then she can decide if she wants to keep playing it her way.

She was in the mood for a steak so she gave me the opportunity to pick something off the menu for myself. I naturally didn't order something expensive. I went to Outback to pick up our food (longer drive than I expected it to be) and it was brought out to the car (curbside pick up or whatever they call it.) It wasn't that great. I don't care for Outback except for their blooming onion, and I didn't dare order that while working over there or I'd have spent an hour in the bathroom.

So anyway, I got all jazzed about playing games on that website and I couldn't get off the computer. I ended up falling asleep around 7 or 8 and got up at 2pm. My eyes are burning which always tells me I needed more sleep than I got. I'll catch up tonight.

Landlady came and mowed today. I'm guessing all the poops are now squashed throughout the yard cause I don't know if the guy upstairs got out there to pick them up in time. I was asleep so I certainly didn't. Thank God she didn't bother me to come out and help her take down that heavy wooden bench swing. She wanted to take it down last Saturday but I said I had to go get ready to take Mom out for Mom's day dinner. It was kind of her to leave me be and just let it hang in the tree for a while longer. It will take two people to get it down.

I took a bunch of pictures that I had copied to a memory stick and then printed at CVS to show Dee. She appreciated seeing them. They were all of the farm and recent things like my dog, the bunny, the pond where Cissy goes swimming and cavorting, and of course, all the animals and gorgeous winter sunsets at the farm. She said she's always loved horses. Not sure if she was much of a rider or not. I guess I'll learn more as we go along.

That's all the news here. Working tomorrow 3-10, then off until the following Friday. Can't beat that schedule! I am so blessed. I truly am.

I think I want to have a tag sale. This house is way too cluttered and it used to be more open and easier to vacuum and stuff. I have mostly the landlady's furniture and I only brought a couple of my favorite chairs over here. I'm thinking I should get rid of them both and some other things as well. I like room to move around in. Less is more.

As Bugs Bunny always said, "That's all, folks!" Have a great weekend and know that you are missed.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow Cheryl ! That's so amazing that this woman is "into" all that stuff. Be on your guard and I know God will use you in her life !!

We just got home a while ago from camping and I'm beat. The kids want to take us out to eat for my birthday. We'll see. I have tons of food left from cooking while we were up there !!

Enjoy your new schedule. Sounds like it will work out perfect for you So glad !

I get bored when no one is on the boards also. Seems like when I have the time no one else does, and vice versa Never fails........

I'll probably bbl !! Take care !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

The pics for her to see "your life" were a great idea !
Old 05-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL gotta watch out for online games! Glad you have time to catch up on your sleep.
Is that unusual, that the landlady mows the yard? I always thought it was up to the tenants to keep the yards up... Nice for you that she does!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Now I'm wondering when she says "the light hurts me" and things of that nature, is it more mental than physical ? Could she have some "issues" that you don't know about ? I wonder ( of course cause I'm nosy ) what meds she's on ......... hmmmm
Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Yes, I wondered that too, shelby. Does she have a diagnoses? I'm wondering if she could be helped medically and not just endure all this.
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #225
Big Yapper!

She's no psych case. I've never once considered that in all the time I've spent with her. I trust my nursing skills and instincts and there's no question that she's experiencing what she says she is. What I question is if it's a physical/magnetic issue the way she describes it or is it a "bad spirit" issue. That is where God will come in. But you know the scripture that if you drive out bad spirits and more move in than were there originally, I'm going to let Him do this in His time, His way. He knows, and I don't.

If it were psychological, I wouldn't work for her no matter how much she paid. I have zero tolerance for foolishness. I won't be a part of someone else's made-up drama just for money. Life's too short. I believe she's experiencing what she says she is. And I want to be "in place", ready to be of help when God is ready to move.

To top all that off, she's Jewish. Did I mention that? See? I don't lay it all on you at once. It would be too much. It's complicated, y'all.

Speaking of complicated, scoot over to the horsey thread. I wrote a very LONG post and it's all very intimate stuff. I quoted Charski's post and wrote my replies in bold type within her post, then below the quote, I talk about my late husband. Deep stuff and I encourage you to read it if you're interested. Then again, maybe you'll wish you hadn't. (Now you have to read it or it will drive you nuts.)

I forgot what day is your actual birthday Laura but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!! We love ya.

(PS: Nice to see you Plum! But "Shelby's nana" is actually Laura.)
Old 05-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
The storm never came! It just broke up and I look at it as a small miracle. It rained a little on and off but not even what I'd call rain. They were predicting 20-30 mph winds and we only had a breeze. No thunder and lightening so she never had to alter her daily routine at all.

It's so sad, though. This woman feels she's in touch with her "spirit guides" and feels tapped into all things intuitive and God but she said something to me tonight that proves that she's under the influence of evil spirits. She said that she has asked for God to help her or to heal her and she said "He said he can't." He can't? Really? The hell He can't! You're talking to the wrong spirit if he's saying he's God but can't help her.
Now I know what to pray for regarding how I can impact her life. I haven't gone into anything with you all regarding her beliefs because they are her own and it's not for me to broadcast, but we don't see eye to eye. It's not an issue for me because "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." I know I am protected, but she clearly is not. She is inviting these "entities" into her "circle of trust" (to quote "Meet the Parents") and she is being screwed over by them. I can understand now why she has these strange symptoms and such torment. She says that "the light hurts me." She's talking about physical light but I can't help but read between the lines.

God has placed me there with her and I will just have to see how it all plays out but I will be sure to be full of HIM and not giving place to the devil. That means I have to stand guard at the door of my heart, mind and spirit. I can't get complacent or continue to live as a worldly, carnal Christian. God can't work through someone like that. I need to be His envoy in her completely closed off world where she has to live and hide from all things that make her sensitivities worse.

I don't know how to help her but God does, and He is most certainly able to do it! But He won't do it if she's going to give the glory to some other spirit entity.

Anyway, today was different. She had me go to Outback Steakhouse to pick up a "curbside take out" order that I called in before I left. She was tired of the stuff from the local Italian restaurants and I told her I didn't mind driving farther away. Outback was a lot farther than I realized. I had to get on the highway and go four or so exits to get there and then back. And it was all commuter traffic too. But she enjoyed her steak and I got to order something I wanted for a change. I goofed and over-tipped the person who brought the food out to the car, though. She only wanted me to give them $40 but I gave them $42, which was what was in the baggie. I counted it and thought it out and was going to just give the $40 but opted for the $42 and she was shocked I gave it all. Oops. She thought I hadn't counted it and said that if there had been $50 in there, would I have given it all too? I didn't argue, just learned a lesson and she will know what the order comes to and she can tell me exactly what to give in the future. She wasn't creepy about it, just being herself. When someone has so little control over the big things, they hyper-control the minute details that they can. I get that.

So for my second full 8-hour shift, I drove home in light rain/mist and fog. Makes it hard to see on the curvy back roads at night. I'm somewhat night-blind anyway. Add fog and oncoming car's headlights and I have to go super slow and watch for the lines on the street to keep me on the road. I hate fog.

We played Rummikub first then we played something I never heard of called "Spite and Malice." I'm just learning Rummikub and then to follow up with another completely new kind of game had my head in a tizzy. And it was muggy and too warm in her house so I was uncomfortable. We also played Gin Rummy, Yahtzee, Poker, Black Jack, and then we spent the last 2 hours talking with the bedroom door between us. This time I didn't go over (she did pay me for that extra hour with today's pay.)

So, what a day! I'm off tomorrow and working 7 hours on Sunday. I'm so happy that the storm disintegrated today! I medicated Cissy but she was fine when I got home and there were no "accidents" inside. All's well that ends well.

Goodnight, my friends. Please pray for me so that I can be useful to God for this woman who seems so lost.
Wow! That's a bit daunting, but you are so right! Greater is He!! I'll be praying for you with this situation and know that He is in control and appreciate your desire for Him to work in and through you! I'm so glad you're in this job! It's a blessing to you, but I know God will use you in Dee's life too!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #227
Big Yapper!

Thank you for your prayers. Have a very blessed Sunday with your family, Julie.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh that is even more interesting Cheryl. She has so much about her that i'm sure is interesting ..... I would probably ask her a million questions ( NOSY ROSY )

I know God put you in her life for a reason....... what a Blessing !

Have a great night !
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #229
Big Yapper!

I always feel that God put me in a situation or a relationship for a reason at the beginning, then I begin to wonder. When things get "muddied" and blurry, it's not so obvious. When the work begins to show and the challenges really rear their heads, it's harder to envision how God plans to use you. Then I wonder if it was all "wishful thinking."

Goodnight, ladies! Heading to bed now. Taking Cissy for a haircut and a bath and to play with her cousin, who is being boarded for three weeks at the same groomer's place. Sister's coming home on Thursday of this week so it's almost over but Cissy and Becca will be so happy to see each other, and then Cissy won't drown when she swims at the pond.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

That's why I love proverbs 3:5-6... Lean not on your own understanding...we don't have to figure it out. Just trust Him and He will direct your paths! He clearly directed you to Dee, just continue to be faithful to what He has called you to and He will take care of the rest.
Enjoy your cute doggie tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #231
Big Yapper!

Thank you, sister. Have a wonderful week.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #232
Big Yapper!

I had a good night at work. Very different routine from any of the other times I was there. It was stormy and raining but the storms seemed to stall over towns to the west and never wanted to progress. She'd hear thunder and hide in the closet. In and out she'd go but mostly she'd stay in. I kept going out at times to check the weather radar on my phone to tell her if it was passing, worsening, or give her an idea of how her night was going to play out. I did my best but if I could give an accurate forecast by looking at the radar on my phone, I need to replace the weather peeps on TV.

Mostly we got heavy rain and some thunder but we didn't see any flashes of lightening. One crack of thunder was very close and it made us both jump. I think it was the last one and so I said it must have been like a big exclamation point at the end of a sentence. Seemed appropriate.

So in the beginning, the mowers were there doing the lawns for all the houses (condos, to be exact) and so she was in the closet when I arrived. It was one hell of a day for her. I went in to check on her and see what I should do or what she needed and she ended up sending me to the front room to read or do whatever while she plugged her ears with her fingers (when the mowers and weed whackers are really close, she has to do that.)

I ended up looking through many of her books and found a couple that sounded interesting. I set myself up in a comfy leather chair with separate leather ottoman and set my dunkin donuts coffee in easy reach. Kicked my feet up and thought, "I'm getting paid for this."

I waited for the mowing to stop but it took a long time. She stuck her head out to call to me. She's so funny. "Normally the person that's here sits outside my closet and we play games." Well, she sent me away and had her fingers in her ears and the closet door most of the way closed. She's just all over the place, poor thing. I went back in and then the mowers and whackers came back and I went to read some more. Apparently they are very "all over the place" themselves. She'd gone into the closet around 1:30 and it was after 3:30 when she figured they were mostly done and she came out.

Then we were able to play some cards and she was so relieved to be able to be out of the stupid closet. But I got so into reading that book that I asked if I could borrow it and bring it back next Friday. She was very willing to let me borrow any of her books. (It's a near death experience book.) Or NDE for those who are familiar with that term. It's very interesting. Written by an MD.

As sucky as you'd think a day like that would be when you have an 8 hour shift, it was different and different was good. I wouldn't want to go through that every week but for the first shift of its kind, I found it to be interesting. Nobody would choose to live like that. Nobody.

We had more fun playing cards (well, at least I did) cause we had less time and we played things that didn't require addition. Well, we did play a little black jack but only about 10 hands. It went fast. I'm a big fan of Spite and Malice and Gin Rummy.

Since she was back in her closet at dinner time I got to order us some grinders. (Easier to eat in the dark, sitting on the floor.) Around the time I went to go pick them up, the sky opened up. It POURED. I had my umbrella with me though. I was ready for it and that made it okay. I was glad I wasn't doing the pm feed at the farm in that!

All things considered, I think I'll keep working for her. The money is good, the work is easy and she really is a nice lady. I let it slip that I saw the job ad while on Craigslist the other day (but now it's just for Sunday), and that I responded to the lady who posted it for her to say I thought the hours she wrote for the Sunday shift were wrong, and that Dee had mentioned how great it would be if she got another Teacher to join the list of people who work with her. Being a former Teacher herself, she said that they'd have a lot to talk about. I thought she could edit the ad to say Teachers would be especially welcome.

So then later on she asked me why I was looking at jobs on Craigslist. Oops. So I said I was keeping my eyes open cause she had said that it might not be a good fit and that the job isn't for everyone. I said I didn't know if she would decide I wasn't right for her or that I would work out. She said, "I hope you work out!" In that moment, so did I. That's that. I have a job and I am once again grateful.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad you're there to help her. Sounds like its very good for you too.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds like a good relaxing shift ! Love that
Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #235
Big Yapper!

I know, right? Laura, I bet you wish yours could be so "chill." Not in the ER. You still thinking about Mother/Baby? (Or whatever they're calling it these days. Used to be Labor and Delivery.)

Sunny and soggy here but landlady is still going to mow around 1pm so I need to go get the poops picked up and be around to help her take down the big bench swing. That will require a long ladder and two strong backs. She wants it down so I can't fight city hall. I hardly ever sit in it but I think it looks so great. After we take it down, we will cart it to the road where (hopefully) someone will take it home and enjoy it. That's how I ended up with it.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are able to get the swing down without too much trouble. I still think its kind of strange that the renters don't do the mowing... nice for you though. Hope it goes well.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #237
Big Yapper!

It's not a single dwelling. I have the downstairs and there are two people in the upstairs apartment. Plus the landlady is in love with the property. Mowing it herself is something she enjoys (plus she's just riding around on her mower) and it also gives her a reason to be here once a week and keep an eye on things.

I've rented a single family home in Las Vegas with my hubby and we were required to keep up the lawn. When I rented the house on the lake in CT, the landlords lived on the same property and they did all the mowing there, too. At first I thought that was really cool but it was their way of controlling everything. Like a dog lifting it's leg on a tree, they were showing me that the property was theirs even though I lived in that little house.

Over time, it became very clear that they thought of the entire waterline to be something they could use. I looked out my windows on more than one occasion to see their family or guests clearly on my side, fishing or something. I got very annoyed by that. I paid $1K a month to live there. I learned never to rent from someone who lives right in the same vicinity. Distance is primo. (To be fair, the half of the property that I was renting did have the best waterline. Their half was rocky and elevated a bit. But still!)
Old 05-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting. My son has a rental, tenants are supposed to mow, but they don't, so he does it when he's there (its in the city he works in). I would think they don't do it because he does. We're fixing up a house & going to rent it out till we flip it. I would like the renters to keep the yard up... bought a mower for it. Will hope for the best... its only 3 months a year... but then I guess you have snow removal the rest of the time!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #239
Big Yapper!

I had no idea you were purchasing a rental property. I don't know how long you plan to have it before you try and flip it but if you want the property to be in great condition, I'd mow it myself. Renters may start out on the right foot but after a while, things "slip." You don't want people in the area who've been driving by it week after week and seeing that it was in need of lawn care to formulate an opinion that the place is not worth what you'll be asking for it. JMHO.

The swing came down but the chains are still up. She did the work and struggled to pry open the clamped-down S-hooks where the chains were attached. We carried it out to the street. Thing must weigh 80 lbs or more. I put a Free sign on it and hope someone will look at it and get as jazzed as I did when I found it. It's a really nice, quality swing. It will last for years.

Did the poop patrol but after we took the swing down, I went to pick up Cissy's latest deposit and saw a whole patch of poops that I missed. Glad I found them before she started mowing. All's well that ends well.

That tree must be relieved to be free of its burden.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good, glad you were able to get the swing down. Hope someone comes along & treasures it!

We definitely don't have time to do the yard. I think the reason my son's renters don't do it is because his is a pilot's staff-house, where they come & go on rotation. Housing is scarce here. We'll put it in the rental agreement & check references. Not worried about selling it. Our last rental place sold by word of mouth.