Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
yeah Julie, I was wondering if putting a towel over the blinds would work..... seems like an easy fix
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #182
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah, it's hard not to try to make suggestions on how to make things better for her but I have to go about it slowly and respectfully. She's tried everything (she says) over the 9 years she's had this condition and she has found a way to make it work and so we just have to go with that for now. I think she should change out all her shades in the bathroom and living areas cause they are stylish but so opaque. There are two little windows that flank her fireplace which have no shades or curtains on them at all. But she doesn't leave her bedroom after the sun goes down so I guess they don't need to have a curtain.

She has a room-darkening shade in the bedroom and the companion props a pillow at the bottom two corners, then places a strip of tape about a foot up from the pillow on the right. I guess that's enough to block the headlights that come through the back yard from the road.

To me, as soon as I saw the sliver of light on both sides of that shade, I immediately thought how a simple flange would fix that. Like those door sweep things that are attached to the bottom of the doors to block drafts? That would block the light all along both edges if properly applied.

Part of me thinks she doesn't want to make the house stand out to the neighbors. There might be rules cause it is a community where each home and yard is sort of cookie-cutter.

All I know is that I have to learn how things are done right now and do that well and maybe sometime down the road, we can implement improvements here and there. Have a wonderful day, ladies! I'm having a day of rest. No plans to leave the house.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Cheryl that's great it went so well. Wish I could find something like that. It would be perfect for me. I need to work on that.

Hope it works out for ya! How's the tummy now?
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #184
Big Yapper!

You never know what you might find when you shop around. I found this on Craigslist, of all places. I think it was under the healthcare section. My tummy is much better today, thank you. I won't eat that again. The two Tums did the trick at bedtime. Fixed me right up.

I hope Tasha's feeling a lot better now.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dd got a new job. She finally realized that the job she has isn't pYing her enough and the b.s. is awful. The manager at the Bon Ton has been wanting her to come there for years. So at the end of the month she's going. Making so much more money too. I'm happy for her. Her loyalty was holding her back. I guess when mom stopped coming to her rescue she knew she had to do something.

It's gonna be a warm day today, 77*. Maybe a little shower later this afternoon. Chloe has her first dentist appt this morning. Uh Ohhhh! Lol. I'm not going. I'll let Tash do this one.

I'm up early again. I've been waking up around 5am and I stay a awake for a couple hrs and then fall asleep for a couple more hours. It's strange. Lol

I'll CBL. have a good day!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #186
Big Yapper!

I had to google bon ton cause I'd never heard of it before. A women's apparel store? With her looks and body, she could get just about any job she wants. That's how I always thought being gorgeous worked, anyway. She should aim even higher, if that sort of work doesn't particularly interest her.

I wouldn't want to take Chloe to that dentist appointment, either. That's a job for Mommy. It's coming up on Mother's Day so, how fitting! Let us know how it goes.

It's only 60 degrees here right now. Not warm enough to open the windows. I still haven't gone and bought any Benadryl but I will do that today. I really have to. I never realized how they help me all day long when I take them at bedtime. I'm blowing my nose way more and I get so itchy on my face and hands sometimes. It's weird. The hand itching happened two days ago. I was scratching each finger separately over and over again.

I hope you sleep all the way through the night tonight, Tammy. I hate broken sleep. I guess I should do like you and get up then go back to bed, but as soon as I get up, the dog expects to start eating. It's hard to explain but the more hours of the day I'm awake, the more meals she gets. That's partly why I sleep so late. I know that sounds ridiculous so I need to create new patterns. Wake early, take her for a walk.

Well, my mind keeps drifting so I'll end this post now. I started going through pictures to bring to show the woman on Friday. She said she enjoys looking at pictures and it will help her to know me better. I've begun looking at pics of hers too. She had a GORGEOUS standard Poodle that was pure white. When he died, she couldn't bear to get another dog. He was a beautiful big old bear of a dog.

Have a great day! Hope you got your nap, Tammy.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-07-2014 at 09:30 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl,
So happy for you & the lady. It sounds like things are going to work out for both of you. PTL!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #188
Big Yapper!

A-MEN! He continues to amaze me. Why I worry about things, I'll never know. I have a plaque on my living room wall that reads "FAITH (in big, cursive letters, not caps). Worry ends where faith begins." One of my nice Good Will finds.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-07-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, they have a salon in their store. Lol. She'll make so much more there.

I woke up again at 5 this morning. Stayed up til 7:30 and slept til 12:30! I haven't done that in a loooong time.

Ttys! Have to run!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #190
Big Yapper!

Oh, cool! So happy for Tasha then. Happy for you, too! Perhaps this is the beginning of good things on your end as well. You sound busy but I hope you have a chance to settle down and touch base in detail soon. Get caught up on your sleep and we'll talk again tomorrow. Night, everyone.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
A-MEN! He continues to amaze me. Why I worry about things, I'll never know. I have a plaque on my living room wall that reads "FAITH (in big, cursive letters, not caps). Worry ends where faith begins." One of my nice Good Will finds.
I have that same saying in my house. Funny!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #192
Big Yapper!

That IS funny! Small world. Okay. Here's how my day went. Copy/paste from horse thread:

Holy CRAP! What a day. I was reading Aimee's post at 1:25pm and the phone rang. It was a girl named Nancy and she said she'd called me earlier and left a message. I never heard the phone ring but there was no voicemail. Anyway, in looking back, her first call was at 0930 and her second one was 1330. She should have called me an hour after the first call and every hour after until she got me, because...

The woman who was my new lady's companion for today had an Aunt who was in the hospital and she was desperate to find a relief for today. Everyone had been asked and no one could do it. Could I do it? I'm supposed to be there by 2! That's when the shift begins. Last week, I was going to be late because of my dead battery, this time it's because I have 35 minutes notice and she's 25 minutes away?

All my clothes were in the washing machine. I had to find something I could stand wearing that wouldn't be aggravating to her senses and in the drier they went for a quick fluff to dewrinkle. I grabbed some coffee, washed my face, threw the dog another scoop of kibble, and headed for the door. It took me 9 minutes flat, maybe 8. I drove like I did the last time and got there at 1408. Not bad!

The woman had no idea of any of this because it's her aides who get her voicemessages from her phone and there were no aides to do that. It was a mess, which was why I got there as rapidly as I could.

I walked in and she was full of questions and concerns about what had happened to the other woman, who was in the hospital, what did so and so say, etc. I said, "All I know is they said I needed to get here if I could and that's all I could wrap my head around. I didn't hear half of what they were telling me cause I was working out how I was going to get ready and out of the house in just a few minutes with all my clothes in the washing machine."

So the woman who was supposed to do today is now going to do tomorrow for me, so barring any other troubles, I'm done until next Friday! Pretty funny, actually. Just wish I had gotten more notice. With something that important, she should have called me over and over again until she reached me. That was just a stupid move on her part.

We played games. And after that, we played more games. OMG. She taught me how to play gin rummy and we played that for a number of hands, "open" (face up) to teach me. Then we played where we held our cards and I won a few hands. It was a lot of fun. THEN we played Rummikub which was way more complicated but built on what I just learned playing gin rummy.

Then we played Scrabble, Yahtzee, Poker and Black Jack. I think that was it, but the poker was played at her little card table in her bedroom after dark. That's when we have to close her room darkening shade and use her really large lettered cards. I could see the numbers fine but the suits were hard to determine in that low light. She said she doesn't even try for flushes at that time of evening. I won't either, from now on. When she plays that game at that hour in that room, they go through and make cards wild for two hands, starting with the 2's then the 3's, etc. We got up to the 10's (I think) before we finally stopped playing games. Wow.

At dinner time I went out and checked her phone messages (from my car, where my phone needs to be kept because of her condition.) I had a note (she's giving me notes for this that and the other thing all the time) telling me how to call the voicemail, what to put in after that, the password, and then I had a pad to take notes for what messages there might be. There were none. Then I called the restaurant to ask what they were serving tonight (I guess she sees what's the special and then decides if she's going to try something new.) I took notes and went back in to tell her that she didn't have any messages and what the specials were.

Went back out to order what she wanted to eat and I asked for one of the four girls she likes to order from because they don't screw up her orders. Luckily, one of them was working. She wanted chicken Marsala over linguine, and that comes with a salad and bread and butter. I misunderstood that when I was told that she buys dinner that it meant that we both ordered something that we would like to eat but what happens if you end up splitting what she ordered cause it's a large portion. That is fine with me and so I ate what she ordered.

But even then, there is a strict routine. You go out, you order, you come back in and play two more games of Yahtzee. That is just about the right amount of time for them to have the food ready. Then you go and grab her keys off the table by the front door on your way out so you can get her mail as you're heading out the housing development. I was heading to the restaurant (hadn't gotten to the street yet) when I realized she hadn't given me the money.

Turned back around and parked. Went inside and I hear, "Hello?" I said, "It's me." "Who's me?" It couldn't be Cheryl cause she just left. I handed her the mail, grabbed the ziplock bag with the money in it (she apologized) and headed out the door again. Got the food, came back, set the bag on the table, washed my hands in the kitchen (she's particular about all of this. Washing hands in the kitchen is preferable cause the water comes out hot and faster.)

Set down to the table which she's got all set up nicely with paper placemats and her silver and condiments and it's time to eat. It was a relief to just stop playing games and just TALK. After dinner, I put the leftover chicken dish in the fridge, brought over the kitchen trash can, she put all the paper plates and napkins in it after wiping the silver off. She likes to clear off the table herself cause it gives her something that she can actually do. Part of the routine. Then I take the trash can back into the kitchen, put the swinging lid dome back on it and wash my hands again.

Back to game play. Around 8, it was getting dark (drizzly and dark day to begin with, so it got darker a little earlier than it would have.) Then the next routine commences. The final game play was the poker in the dark, then I got her a cup of hot water (she sips on it with her chocolate later on) and her bowl of warm water to wash up with, closed all the blinds and did all the things that she asked me to, then I hit the bathroom before it was time to park myself in the chair outside her bedroom door and talk for a few hours.

Because we are just getting to know each other, we only talked. But once we have told our stories, even THAT will be game playing time. So we talked and talked and talked and since she hadn't asked me to check the time, I had no reason to go and look. But when she did ask me to check, it was 5 minutes to 11! I was almost an hour over. Before I left, I went back outside to my car to check for any messages for her. There was one and it was so long that it timed out.

I had to listen to it three times. Does that woman not realize that someone is taking notes to relay to the woman? It was way too much information and not in the least bit concise. I was thinking as I was taking notes, "You'd better memorize all this cause you can't read this note when you go back into that dark house!" I did my best and went inside. I remembered everything but not every detail. The woman can give her the rest of the details tomorrow when she goes in.

OMG. So I had to text my upstairs neighbor when I got to the woman's house at 2pm to ask if she would please let Cissy out around 6. She put her out for me and said that she went potty but that she seemed mopey. Well, that's no wonder. She's not used to me being gone that long. I don't know how I'm going to work out my poor Cissy but I will figure something out. I can't leave the bedroom window open like I used to cause if the upstairs dog comes through it, my rabbit is toast.

I will do personals tomorrow. Well, I mean later today cause it's 0130 right now. Holy Toledo! I had me a crash course in being a companion today. It's tricky but it will be easier each time I do it. And I rewrote some notes with the phone numbers and stuff in my own hand so it's easier to read.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-08-2014 at 10:43 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Gotta love crash-courses!
Glad it worked out & hope you were able to get a good night's sleep... Cissy time today!?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL !! Thrown into the frying pan for sure ! You did great I am so hopeful that you will love this job. I think I would.......

Is there any way you could record her messages and she could listen to them ? She can't tolerate that ? That's a hard one..... ;/

Maybe Cissy will be ok if you put her out for a bit before you leave and then again when you get back ? It's only 2 days a week ?

Sorry I've been under the weather and am too lazy to read back
Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow! on the job! You're right in the fray now! We play a lot of those games...rumikub is really fun once you get the hang of it. Lots of ways to rearrange the tiles etc. it's good it's on a week, sounds like a good balance! Yay!!

Hang out with cissy today and all will be well. She'll forgive you .
Old 05-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #196
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies! Yeah, it went as well as a first day could go. It will be much easier in the future if I read the paper I wrote vs what she wrote. She has a bit of a chicken scratch way of writing. When I leave messages on her voicemail that the aides will be taking notes of to relay to her, I will make them very concise. Maybe it will start a trend and everyone will begin to do it.

No, I can't record her messages cause she can't be near anything electrical even if it's running on a battery. She says she's like a conduit. She said her head is like a magnet for all things that send out a vibration or a current. It must be one of the most horrendous things to have to live with.

She spoke some of wanting to be set free from this world and she said she prays every night that God will take her. She talked about suicide and that she has come close three times. She talked about the method Mick Jagger's girlfriend used (which I hadn't heard of) which was a necktie and a scarf tied to a doorknob. Can't even picture that working but apparently it did. She doesn't take her life because she says her soul wants to continue to live. But she really has no life at all.

I mean, even a quadriplegic can watch TV, listen to music, go outside, etc. I don't think she'd trade places with a quad but YKWIM. She is similarly handicapped in the way she can live her life. It's really tragic. I will be praying for a miracle.

Yes, today is Cissy time. I have no plans to really do anything with her though. It's just like yesterday; dreary and threatening to rain or maybe even turn into a t-storm. I hope it doesn't cause during t-storms, that woman has to retreat to her closet. That's where she has to go when the aides are doing her laundry. Isn't that so sad?

One of her daughters is out in LA and she is a vocalist and lyricist in a band and she can't listen to her sing. Even if she were in her home with her, the vibration from the continual stream of sound that is singing is something she can't bear. Words are broken up so it doesn't overwhelm her system. I don't blame her one bit for wanting to check out. She said that if we ever find her unresponsive or not breathing, "don't call 911!" She has a living will but she said that once they begin CPR, they have to continue. I know that is true from my medical background. I would have a "do not resuscitate" sign on her bedroom wall so there was no question as to her desires.

I fear that in a moment of panic that one of her aides would immediately call for help. I would feel so bad for her if they did. She wants to be free. So sad.

As far as Cissy being stuck in the house for all those hours, it's tough. When I lived in the other house I had a doggy door which was great. Here it's mostly carpet and dogs always have their accidents on carpet vs tile. Maybe it feels more like grass to their little paws. I will feel better if the lady or guy living upstairs can just let her out once around dinnertime. I will give her kibbles in the morning and then before I let her out for the last time, then she won't eat again until I get home.

I will excuse myself from my position at the woman's bedroom door to check the time in the future. Going over by nearly a full hour just made it harder for the poor old pup. She was so happy to see me! So was the bunny. I let him out and he just ran circles around my feet. It's great to be adored.

Have a great day, everyone. Be thankful for all you have been given. "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Can I get an AMEN?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #197
Big Yapper!

I'm picking Mom up at 3 tomorrow afternoon cause I asked if she wanted to go to the mall a little early so she could do some shopping before dinner. She said that would be good so that's what we'll do. Happy Mother's Day a day early. Aren't we smart? I can answer that question myself. Yes we are!

Did a BUNCH of shopping today. Again, just like yesterday with the persistent drizzle and mist. What the hell is happening to cause this stuff? Just rain and get it over with! Can ya? Poor lady that I work for. Every night that is this dark, she has to go into her room that much earlier. Well, enough of that. Seems I'm always talking about her now. (I forgot to mention it yesterday but I drove home in thick fog half the way, then when I got into my town, it evaporated.)

I hit up the gas station (nearly $4/gallon for the mid grade gas), the Sprint store (to get a new cord for the device that is supposed to be amplifying my signal but it started to overheat and melt and can't be used right now), then the pet store to buy treats for dog and bunny as well as a new bag of kibble for seniors, then to the liquor store for some beer (Headed all down the line, hitting all the stores that were on the right side of the road) then turned back for home and had no more stops to make until I got back to my little town. Then I hit the grocery store and bought a few essentials. I got everything on my list and more and I was thanking God for the ability to buy all that I needed.

Now I can just hang here at home except for tomorrow with my dear old momma. I do have a long list of car things I need to take care of, but in among them is neutering the bunny. First the battery, then flush and refill the antifreeze (all gunky in the radiator; no clue how it doesn't keel over and die), get a total tune up, fix the leaking motor seal, get a new windshield washer motor (won't spray the fluid anymore), maybe replace the wipers and mechanisms themselves, etc. I hope I can do all these things before winter.

Can you believe that we are almost to the half way point of 2014? Isn't that just SICK? How does time just fly by this way? The older you get, the faster it goes. Why is that?

Sleep tight, my friends. Be well and God bless you all.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #198
Big Yapper!

Mom and I had a very nice time together yesterday afternoon. It was overcast and threatening to rain when I let her out at the door of JC Penny to go get a new pair of sneakers. While she was inside and I was parked, the sky opened up and it POURED. The car shook a few times from wind gusts. By they time she texted to tell me she was done, it had let up a great deal and was about to end altogether.

I picked her up and drove to the doors that lead to the Olive Garden and put her out again so she could go in and sit and I could find a parking place. She has a lot of leg pain when she walks so it was my pleasure to be the Valet service for her Mother's Day experience.

Parked the car (way up from the mall) and then went in and gathered her up and we got a booth for our dinner. It was funny cause they placed us at the very first booth in the restaurant, behind the reception desk. It wasn't a bad area and it was almost meant to be cause of her legs.

She ordered something that she ended up liking but it wasn't what she was remembering from before and I ordered something I'd had and still enjoyed (off any diet plan, of course.) We had a great time talking and I told her about the woman I now work for (Her name is Dee, so I will be using her name from now on.) And yes, it is official! I got a call yesterday from one of her assistants and she read a note that Dee had written for me. She wants me to do every Friday pm and every other Sunday. Sunday's shift is one hour shorter cause she has a helper on Sunday morning but that's fine. I told her YES. So the every other Sunday begins next week.

After dinner, we went to JoAnne Fabrics so she could shop for yarn to make a receiving blanket, jacket, hat and booties for the baby who's on the way in our family. She had difficulty finding an appropriate baby color in wool (the pattern she has calls for wool) and enough skeins in the same die lot. I had to twist her arm but we did find 5 skeins in yellow and that's enough to do the booties, etc but the blanket will have to be made from another grouping of yarn that she'll buy another time. (She knits, but only when there's a new baby on the way.)

We know it's a boy but she wanted to make it either a pastel yellow or mint green so they could use it again for the next baby, if there is more than one. I'm just glad we eventually found something she was able to work with. It was looking like it wasn't going to happen.

Took her home and got there just in time before the sky opened up again. We were in her apartment when it happened. I fixed her cell phone time display cause it was stuck on "world time" or something strange and I got it where it shows our time in our correct time zone. Then I got on her laptop to download the internet explorer updates so that glitch they had (security breach) wouldn't zap her computer and steal her data.

Gave her a kiss and went out to the car. The rain was still pretty steady but not driving. Got home and took care of my little critters. My windows had been all opened and I was afraid the rain blew in and that Cissy would be a shaking, drooling basket case from the storms. She was okay and no rain came in.

So, that was my weekend. The weather is PERFECT today and the windows are all open again but I'm content to let the breeze blow over my body as I relax indoors. Happiness.

Hope you are all having a great Mother's Day.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-11-2014 at 10:25 AM..
Old 05-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you. And your time with your mom sounds like it was a nice time. My dh, Chloe and I went to church and met my parents there. It was a nice service for Mothers Day. Then we went to lunch after. On the way home Chloe started complaining of her stomach hurting. By the time we made it home she was pretty sick. My dd was going to take her to her boyfriends house bc I guess they were having something for Mother's Day but Chloe wasn't feeling well so I told her to go. Besides Chloe was on my lap and wasn't moving.
She's feeling much better after sleeping 2 1/2 hours. I fell asleep with her. I had to run to the store for a few things and Chloe went with me.
I haven't heard anything from my son today. And Tasha spent no time with me either. Oh well. That's life.
I'll bbl. Chloe wants me.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad the house wasn't wet and critters crazed! Sounds like a nice day with your mom. And the job is perfect! You'll be a great caregiver for her and hopefully something will improve for Dee, what an awful way to live!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so happy that you and your Mother had a great Mother's Day !! You are Blessed to have her.....
Congrats on the job ! You will enjoy it so much and probably learn so much from each other !
Supposed to rain here today too. Glad the furry friends did ok

1st day off. Very little sleep... ttyl friend !
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #202
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Actually Julie, I'm not a caregiver in the least. Just a companion. She needs us to set things up for her and that's all. But I totally agree. I'm looking forward to more time with her and only hope I can get used to all those hours in the dark after the sun goes down. Winters must be grueling. I will just keep reminding myself that I'm only doing it three times in any two week period.

That beats 6 times at the farm, out in the rain and bugs! And I'll make more money.

It's in the upper 70's again today but sunny and dry. The perfect Spring, since Saturday's t-storms came and went. I love having the windows open and feeling the breeze through the house. Soon the breeze will be full of the most heavenly scents. There is a lilac bush just outside one of the windows and it fills the whole house with a beautiful aroma.

I might take Cissy up to the pond later to go swimming. She'll enjoy that. Her fur is a little long right now. It soaks up the water and weighs her down. Once she actually got some water in her stomach and when she got back to shore, she scared me to death. She was able to get the water to drain out of her mouth but I was so afraid. Maybe I need to wait and get her groomed again before I take her swimming.

My sister's dog is at my groomers right now cause she's being boarded. That would be cool for Cissy and Becca to have some time to play before and after her grooming. I'll call and set that up right now. Glad I thought of it! Don't want my baby to drown. (Got her voicemail and left a message.)

If I hadn't gotten this new job, I'd be cutting her hair myself. Been there, done that and hope I never have to do it again. She has so many layers of coat, it seems. I even bought my own shearers but never could get the hang of it. It's best left to the professionals.

Then the next critter thing I need to take care of is little Coopy's you-know-whats. They need to go. Tired of the spraying. (Misting would be a better description.) From what I know about Rabbits, they live a long time so best to invest the money and set us up for a happy life together.

Well, have an excellent day, ladies. I'll bbl.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #203
Big Yapper!

Wow! LCF (the threads I subscribe to, anyway) is a ghost town. It was very quiet all weekend but it was Mother's Day weekend. But it hasn't picked up one little bit even though we are now into Tuesday pm.

Where are you? Come out and play!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

I know cheryl, When I'm off and no one is around it's so boring....... lol !

Rained here this am. Fixing to head to grocery store. Lady is coming in am for mine and DH's physicals for life insurance changes , then we are leaving to go camping for a few days.
Nothing is done or packed of course.

Hope Cissy's hair turns out good.

Hope you enjoy your days off !
Old 05-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #205
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I saw that storm over the Houston area. Looked potent! Bet you needed the rain. I hope your physicals go well. Where you going camping this time? Looks like you might actually have dry weather by then.

Cissy will get groomed next Tuesday, late morning. I asked for the latest time slot and she gave me 10:30. I can hang with that. So no swimming for Cissy until she drops 2 lbs of fur. (That's exactly how much weight she drops when she gets clipped. Nuts, isn't it? Can't fathom how many lbs of water is absorbed in those 2 lbs of fur when she's swimming.)

Thanks for stopping by! Now go get packed and ready for your camping trip.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping by to say hello.
I haven't had much to say lately. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #207
Big Yapper!

You don't have to have a lot to say, just throw me a wave. Sometimes that's all I've got in me. When you see a post of mine that only has smilies, that's why. Enjoy your evening.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiiii!!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #209
Big Yapper!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #210
Big Yapper!

I went to the farm this afternoon to spend some time with my ex-manager who was scheduled to be the Team Captain (get horses ready for lessons.) She was pulled into being a leader during the 4 o'clock lesson so I barely saw or talked to her at all. I groomed lots of animals, though. Can't believe some are still shedding so badly! When will it end? Mostly I saw it was the mini's (mini horses, not Domenic the donkey) and the goat. Yeesh!

I posted more of my day on the horse thread but this is a good enough chunk of info for the journal. Follow the bread crumbs if you want more. So now I'm pooped and I'm going to get ready for an early bedtime. I grilled a cheese burger, sautéed some mushrooms, onions and garlic and ate too much. I had a bun so it wasn't LC. The mushrooms were borderline too old so they weren't that great either.

Have a good evening, ladies.