Old 05-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Julie, I had hopes something better would but I had no clue what that could be or how long it would take. I really do love working with the horses but you know how it ended up being. All BS and little pleasure. And I truly do NOT handle the heat and bugs (and rain) well at all.

If I get this job, I'm wondering how I'll handle the money that comes my way. Safe deposit box? Can't put it into my checking and if I only buy things with cash, I will start getting charged a fee (have to keep a minimum balance in the checking or use the debit card 10 times each cycle in order to have free checking.) What a wonderful dilemma! I guess after this, I won't be able to discuss the financial aspect of this job in such a public way. Who knows how it could come back to bite me. So, mums the word!

I will indeed keep you all posted!
I'd buy groceries etc, with the cash, and just let your disability checks cover your minimum balance requirements. Maybe get gas with your card? I hat paying cash for gas . You will work that part out for sure. It'd be nice to have the extra $ without all that hassle! I hope it all comes together!

Tammy-I'm so sorry for your dd. that's a lot, especially at one time! I'll be praying for all those involved.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #152
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah, I'll sort it out. Can't start counting my chickens before they hatch.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Thanks ladies. She's so sad. I try to make it better for her but she has to get through it.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #154
Big Yapper!

My sister Donna always says, "There's no way out but through." Sad but true.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
That sure is. She went to bed early. She's having such a rough week and tomorrow she's going to two viewings. Poor kid.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #156
Big Yapper!

Unimaginable. Hard to know what else to say. Just know that God will get her through it. And pray there are no more tragedies for a very long time.

Going to the "meet and greet" today at 3:30. No idea if I'm going to be playing cards or if this is to just get an overall feel for who I am and what I'll be bringing to the situation as a companion. I hope and pray that things go well and that this is the right place for me to be going forward with my life.

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I want them to want me. I also want me to want her. I need this job.

I'll bbl to report how it all went. Wish me luck and please pray for me.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope its a good good fit for you both.
My sister is a home-worker & has had people who wanted the same. Its a pretty cool thing to be able to do & get paid for.
I hope, for your sake, that she doesn't want to feed you with snacks & drinks...
God bless!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #158
Big Yapper!

I don't think she's into offering snacks and drinks but the companion I spoke with said she buys dinner every night. That I can appreciate and work around.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
hope it went great ! Let us know
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Well?... How'd it go? We're hoping for the best!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #161
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry. I've been in a bit of a daze. I met her 6 hours ago almost to the minute and all I can do is sit back in stillness and try to grasp her life.

She appears to be normal when you meet her, but she's anything but. She's of average weight and height, doesn't dye her hair (cause of her sensitivities), wears comfortable clothing, etc. No makeup, etc. I spoke with her for a full hour. It blew my mind.

Nine years ago, she got her head clamped in an electric door (like an elevator door but not an elevator door. At a hospital.) After that, her world was turned upside down and inside out. She thinks there must have been some organic problem in her brain for such a seemingly insignificant incident to reap such huge catastrophic results.

She can't live outside her bubble, essentially. Ever see that old movie, "Boy in a bubble"? That's her. It's not organisms that will affect her, but every electrical impulse, flash of light, loud noise, glittering object, scent that doesn't agree with her, etc. She has to insulate herself from all the things that can "set her back". I asked her what that meant and she said it could be weeks, months or even years.

She lives according to the hours of daylight there are because she can't turn on any lights. When the clocks get turned back in the Fall and the winter days grow short, she is held prisoner in her bedroom all the more hours. Right now when it doesn't get dark until around 8, she has more time to be "alive."

The daylight comes and she gets out of bed. She's got room darkening shades in her bedroom but she doesn't want to waste a single minute of daylight. All day long she has helpers. Some do her laundry, clean her house, (though I don't see much that needs cleaning cause she doesn't do much of anything), take the trash and recyclables out, get the mail, order and pick up dinner, etc. It's the same thing day after day after day.

The refrigerator is on but she can't go into the kitchen unless someone (one of her companions) pulls the plug out of the wall. While we talked, we sat at a square table that abutted a wall that separated us from the refrigerator and the electricity from that area. The range was on but she had a pot blocking the clock which was flashing from the last time the power went out. So there are only two appliances in her house that are plugged in and working, but the range is never used.

In much the way a vampire lives (I guess), she is driven by the hours of daylight. Though she has shades and doors and things to protect her, she can't take the electrical impulses of lights even when they are turned on in another room. Once the sun goes down, all light (for her or her companion) is ambient. No book lights, no flashlights, etc. ("No lights on ever!")

I got there and there was a sign on the front door. "Knock very softly. Don't bring any cell phones inside." The companion that was on duty opened the door as I walked up to the door and she had a disposable mask on her face. I asked if I needed to wear one of those and she said no. I stepped inside and she asked if I left my phone outside. I said I did. "No wrist watch?" I said no and said I only had a remote starter for my car on my key chain. She said to leave the keys and the key chain at the door on the table. Then the woman peeked around the corner and said to leave my entire purse there. I slipped off my shoes and walked into the room.

I offered her my hand but didn't know if I should because I was told she was a germaphobe. I wanted to be polite so I did, and being polite herself, she took my hand. It made her uncomfortable, though. She didn't make a big deal of it but later on as I talked with her and we spoke of how things were for her, I realized that I shouldn't have done that. I hadn't washed my hands.

As we spoke about light and how she went to bed when the sun went down and the street lights and head lights came on, I asked her if she ever tried those soft eye patches that have a rubber band on them. She wasn't rude but she said, "Don't try to fix me." I knew what she meant but just the way my Mother can't help herself from trying to offer me advice I don't need, I did it to her. I said I was sorry and later in our conversation, she apologized if she was abrupt. I said she wasn't and said "I get it."

She didn't pick up any scents from what I wore or any soaps I used on my body, hair, etc. I said I showered last night so my soap scents wouldn't be that strong. She said that was good. However, I did shampoo my hair right before I raced out the door and that didn't seem to bother her either. That's another story entirely, cause the damn battery was dead.

She wasn't told anything of my history, which I'd written about in that first email so I told her a quick synopses to get her up to speed. I wish she had been filled in but it was what it was. Apparently there have been many inquiries about this ad that was placed. She's conducting many interviews. Poor woman!

She told me how the routine goes and kind of walked me through it all. Then she had me pretend it was after dark and she went into her bedroom and had me slide up this comfy chair beside her closed door to see if I could hear her okay and to see if she could hear me okay. I had to raise my voice a little for her to hear me clearly but it was no different then having to lower my voice as we spoke face to face. She is sensitive to sounds too.

So that went fine and she ended up giving me a sample of the laundry soap she uses for her clothes, (a bar of Dove soap), a drier sheet that she uses and a time to come back and shadow another companion from 6-8pm this coming Monday. After that, if I'm moving forward, I'm going to shadow for an entire shift, from 2-10.

I think she really got a good feeling from me and I got a good feeling from her. Just as I learned to see the world differently when I fell in love with and married a totally blind man, this woman has forced me to see things differently. I don't know if I'll get the job but I couldn't help but be shocked into a different awareness for the rest of the day after our meeting. I can't explain it.

No music. No interaction with anything or anyone outside her four walls. No movies or computers. No TV or cell phones. No phones or electronic devices whatsoever. No lights! And from what I understood her to say, no candles either. What a life.

She's spiritual but not religious. Her being so bound up in the physical world has made her have to be more open in the spiritual world. I'm willing to hear more about what that means and I can certainly grasp what she's talking about. Even a prisoner on death row has to cope somehow. This woman is in a lovely private home in a multi-dwelling residential property and she has all this green grass and nice well-tended shrubbery and she can't hardly look out the window.

So the toughest part of the job will be from sunset until it's time to go. You can't turn any lights on and you have to keep her company through a mostly closed bedroom door. She and her companions have made these large standard printer-sized pieces of white paper with large black letters or words on them for when the room gets dark. They play a sort of word association with those cause they can be seen in the darkened rooms. Anything to keep her from losing her mind!

What a life! For 9 years she's been living it. I came home and told my mother I was home and that all went well and explained about the woman and she said something like "well, if you can stand it." I said, "I can stand it for 8 hours at a time if she can stand it for 9 years!"

So now everything seems different to me. EVERYTHING. I have a strong feeling this woman and I are going to be working together but there's no way to truly know. She's talking with bunches of people who responded to her ad but I do think we made a strong connection. This woman may change my life forever.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-02-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 05-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

That is so amazing . I think it would be so good for you . Calming really. Will pray that God's will be done !
Old 05-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds really interesting Cheryl. Hope it works out for you.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
wow- what an experience. I do hope you get an opportunity to care for this woman. Such a lonely existence.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #165
Big Yapper!

I hope so too, ladies. It will be nothing like I've ever experienced or done before, that's for sure!

My landlady just showed up without a heads-up and started to mow. I never finished the dang leaf blowing of the yard and it's been over a week since I picked up the poop from the dogs. I hope the guy upstairs was at least told she was coming so he could attend to it. But I hear the sound of those nasty palm leaves being crunched and spewed out of the mower along the part of the yard near the street where my blower couldn't reach due to the electrical cord being too short. I hope she's not upset.

I won't even take the money cause I didn't finish the work. Or maybe if she offers me the full amount, I'll just give her back $50 of it. I did work very hard but after those two stormy days with high winds, it seemed everything was blown back into the yard. I wish she had told me she was coming today. The back yard is still really soggy from all the rain we got a few days ago. What is she thinking? Hopefully she's only doing the trimming with the push mower that she bought from me. The rest she does with the riding mower.

I am going to be at the farm tomorrow afternoon, free longing some horses. I cleared it with the director and she said Sunday would be the day to do it. That will be great. I've never gone there to just work them out and then leave. The Sunday pm volunteers will be happy to see me. I already told the two women (mother/daughter.) The twin teenage boys will just have to be surprised.

That's all I've got to say right now. Have a great weekend, ladies.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #166
Big Yapper!

(Copy/paste from the horse thread.)

Okay. I got the $150 for the leaf job in my hand then gave her back $50 of it. She said she appreciated my honesty. Points! Plus I did the right thing in God's eyes. I shared with her about the woman I met and may be working for. I seem to be telling everyone I talk with about her cause I can't get her out of my head. But I did say that my battery wouldn't start yesterday and said it was a story for another time. Well, time to tell that part of it!

I never thought it was even possible that the battery wouldn't start. True, I hadn't turned on the car or gone anywhere in exactly 7 days but it's not cold out and that's the only time the battery seems to die under lack of use. I had a bunch of crap still in my backseat from the time my tire went flat at the farm and the tire repair shop tossed the donut tire into the trunk without "tucking it in." I just kept putting off that particular struggle until yesterday cause I didn't want to pull up to that woman's house and have the car look like that, knowing she's a germaphobe.

Well I got the tire "reloaded" (was just as difficult as I had imagined and should have made the tire place put it back inside) and then I started to put all the crap back into the trunk with some exceptions. Some things were going to be brought into the house, but not before my appointment. I left those things piled up in a row, at the edge of the driveway and the lawn. Then I went to turn the car on with the remote starter, "just to be sure." Nothing happened.

I had to be at the woman's house in less than an hour and it was around a 30 minute drive. I started to flip out. I went to jump it myself with the little jumper device I have but there was no charge in it. AND one of the alligator clips broke the last time I used it. I tried a few times and it wouldn't even try to turn over.

I considered calling AAA but I knew that would take too long. I considered calling to say I'd be late but knew that was the wrong way to make a first impression and this meant too much to me. So I stood by the road waving at cars and trucks as they went by, like I was hailing a taxi in NYC. (As an aside, normally this street is very busy but there were times yesterday as I was flagging that there were no cars in either direction!)

Two people stopped but neither of them had jumper cables. I said "thank you for stopping" and went on waving at cars. I knew I looked stupid so I alternately waved and then pointed at the car which had its hood up. I figured that would immediately show them I was looking for something simple like a jump, not a damn ride to the mechanic. But I'm not 28 anymore and it's tough to get sympathy when you're 229 lbs and 52.

Slowly but surely, I could see my mailman coming up the road toward me. I know him pretty well cause he was my mailman at the other house that is still in foreclosure, two years after I moved out of it. I asked him if he had jumpers and he said he didn't. Just then I saw an SUV pulling into a driveway at the house next door and I started hustling (don't try to imagine this, please. Just a word to the wise) over across the lawn to grab her before she went inside.

She didn't have cables either but figured the Justice of the Peace dude who lives next door to her did. He didn't answer his door or his phone. She tried calling him but there was no answer. I could see the chicken coop in his back yard and couldn't help but to find all of this very amusing. I knew God had my back but the stress was still wearing on me.

I went back to my house and the mailman had turned the corner and was about to head back down the other side of the street. His route ends just past my house. He said he thought the guy just down the road on the other side of the street (I could see the place) had jumper cables. He said he'd ask. He did just that and he turned around and came back! He pulled into my driveway and hooked up the cables and after monkeying around with the clamps a few times, it got enough of a charge to turn over. I was so elated that I went over to him and gave him a big hug and said he saved the day for me.

Left the car running and ran into the house. It was around 2:47 and I needed to be out the door in like 10 minutes flat, if not sooner. I wasn't wearing what I planned to wear but I just threw off my current shirt and changed into one that didn't have the little sparkly rhinestones in them (cause she can't tolerate that sort of stuff), washed my hair in the sink (cause I have the oil glands of a teenager) and tried to dry my bangs with the blowdrier so they wouldn't look terrible. The rest of my hair was going to have to dry as I drove to the woman's home.

I had a GPS in my glove box which I prefer using but I didn't dare take the key out of the ignition to open the box to get it. Thankfully, I have a GPS on my phone, too. I had already loaded the address into it (Thank GOD) and so all I had to do was get it going. Down the road I went, on a wing and a prayer. It took me a way that I hadn't expected and all the while I was hoping I could trust this thing. It got me there with 7 minutes to spare. I calmed myself down, thanked the Lord and went inside for my interview.

Isn't life a frigging trip sometimes?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow !! I'm exhausted just reading about it !!! lol. God was indeed with you young lady !
Old 05-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #168
Big Yapper!

I guess the great thing about making it to my age is knowing that things always work out somehow. I knew I would get there, I just had to keep waving and asking for help. God always seems to have my back. It's a wonderful knowing.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow!! Very interesting!! I will be praying, this does sound a lot like a perfect fit!! I love that you are changed from meeting her. Did you tell h about your husband? I think your insight into viewing the world differently would add to that connection with her .

Glad you've got a great mailman, btw!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl when will you find out if you got the job ?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #171
Big Yapper!

I shadow the companion she has this Monday pm from just a two hour segment of the shift (6-8) and then I will know what comes next. I might shadow for a full 2-10 shift next Friday and if that goes well, then I'll know for sure. If I find out before then, I will certainly tell you the good news!

I'm going to exercise Frodo, Daphne and Cowboy around 2pm. I want to be there early enough to get them worked out well but not so close to dinner time that it will make it where they have to wait for them to cool down to eat their grain safely. I also don't want to go so early that I miss seeing the volunteers that I always worked with on Sunday. Maybe I'll help groom but it depends on how quickly the barn chick leaves for the night. I wish she would slow down and actually love up on the animals some. I don't know what drives her.

I should go get ready. I can go a little early and just hang with the horses, I guess. I wasn't told I had to wait until a staff member was there so I'm going to play dumb if it's true I shouldn't be there before or after the staff person.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #172
Big Yapper!

Went to the farm yesterday at 2 pm. Free longed Daphne and Red together, then Frodo and Cowboy separately. I thought I'd get better results from each of them that way but they must have known it was Sunday and they had zero desire to longe. Nobody even bothered to roll around in there.

So since I felt like I had completely wasted my time, I decided to do something I've never done. I got the mini's and brought them into the arena. Took off their lead ropes but left their halters on (cause they are little beasties to catch when they want to be.) They went straight for all the luscious grass that was just under the bottom board of the fence. I had to get their attention and make them move and it took a while. Domenic would give me a very annoyed look, pin his ears and give a buck when I'd make him pull his head back into the arena and move. I told them they could eat later.

I finally got them to longe! It was a beautiful thing. I even got them to change direction just like the big horses do, by blocking their eye with my hand. (Never could quite understand that but I accept it cause it works.) Later on when I was telling the ex-manager I'd FL'd them, she said "Did they longe or just run around cause you were chasing them?" I said "No! They longed!" And the whole time they were running around me, I was telling them how great they were and giving them lots of praise. Then we ate grass where the grass is the best and where there is a very nice flat rock that I could drop my tired fanny onto.

I just noticed I said "we ate grass." I abstained. Ellen got to roam around and eat her grass and I was happy that I didn't have to groom all the muddy horses. I got to see the mother/daughter volunteers that I always worked with but it was a sad thing. I felt really weird being there with that new chick. I never really checked her out before but we were always told (even as volunteers) that you couldn't wear dangly earrings and stuff like that cause it was dangerous and could get caught on things. She's got a chunky ring on every one of her fingers, bracelets and dangly earrings. And she wears these fashion boots with a chunky 3" heal on them.

I found out when she helped me put the mini's back into their pen that she didn't even know where their halters were kept. She's been three for over two months now. So, I showed her. I hope she takes the time to have the volunteers take them for walks and grazing. I noticed that she actually has them helping her pass out the hay for dinner and stuffing the hay nets. I never had them do that. She does paddocks right along side them, so her routine is completely different from the way I did things. I can see why the volunteers are sad. It was palpable.

So I signed out at 4 and logged my two hours in the notebook on the sign-in table in the kitchen that is only for volunteers. I had to start me a new sheet cause I haven't needed to sign into that one in 16 months. No biggie. I got to write down what I did during my time and it felt good to say that I free longed some horses.

The chick also couldn't find one of the cat's wet food bowls. I was writing down what I did with the horses in the office on the exercise clip board when she came in and asked me where it might be. She said she found one but looked all over for the other one and couldn't find it. I went out and found it in the first place I looked. Someone had been putting their bowls on this leather chest and they were eating and of course it kept sliding until it fell off and wedged between the chest and the wall. So I told her where it was and that it was always best to put the cat's bowls on a bale of hay. (They get fed in the hay room cause that's where they spend the vast majority of their time.)

I heard from the mother of the volunteer duo later on (she has my email and we're friends on FB.) She said that the chick slowed down while I was there talking to them and they were stuffing the hay nets and said that was nice. I'm glad. I hope she just slows down and spends some time talking with them and getting to know them, because after all, they are helping her for free.

So, I left soon after that cause the sadness I was feeling was too intense (from the volunteers) and so I said I would see them again soon. Last night, the mother asked me if I'd be coming again next Sunday. I said I didn't know at this point but that I would if I could. I didn't tell her that if I get both days that are available with the woman I'm hoping to work for, I'll be working every Sunday. I didn't want to say that until I need to.

I think they want to see how I do with an 8-hour shift and see how the woman enjoys spending that kind of time with me. After all, it's all about how we click. If she's spending money to have company, she can pick who she wants to.

I'm doing my two-hour shadowing from 6-8 tonight. I think she's having me do just these two hours so I can see the routine for dinner, (ordering it, picking it up, cleaning up afterward, etc) and for the hours leading up to when she goes into her bedroom for the night. The companion needs to pull shades and do various things.

I finally got my lazy arse outside today and filled both bird feeders, hung a suet cake and filled the hanging bird bath on the front porch. I already saw a bird picking at the suet (not sure what it was) and I hear chirping in the bush outside my bedroom window, which is very close to the front porch. Happiness.

I gave Coopy a lot of rubbing when I got up and went around opening shades. He was still nibbling on the last of two leaves of lettuce I gave him at bedtime. Maybe I gave him too much, but it still sounded crisp. He loves to be pet. He leans his whole body into my hand. He's so silky. I love my Rex.

I guess that's all the news and all the stories I have in me right now. Have an excellent day. I'll bbl to tell of my shadowing experience. I hope I still want the job afterward. I hope I get a clue whether I have it or not before I head for home tonight. I can surely see why she'd want to wait until I've done a full 8 hours. It's a long time to play games and sit. I know my back is going to need to get used to all that sitting. All the more reason to get into shape NOW and FOREVER.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #173
Big Yapper!

I did my shadowing and we got our dinner out and I went with the companion who was on tonight to see where to go to pick up the food, etc. I ate some french onion soup but I'm sure it was much better in the crock, the way it is intended to be eaten. In a tin foil container, it just isn't the same. And I'm feeling a tad nauseous right now so I hope I didn't get food poisoning.

It went very well. We played Poker and Yahtzee and when I got there, they were playing Scattegories. I got to see the routine of closing blinds and preparing water for her to bathe with, etc. She is so limited by her illness. It's unbelievable. But we had a lot of laughs together and the other companion said she wished she could come on a night when she's not actually working, just to be with me and her cause we were such a good mixture.

I'm doing 2-10 pm on Friday, flying solo. After that, I'll know if I am hired. I was paid for 2 hours tonight in cash. You can't beat that, plus they had me take the left over chicken parm home. Neither one of them said they would eat it. I'll probably give it to Cissy cause it didn't look so hot.

I need to practice using singing exercises that utilizes your diaphragm rather than straining your throat cause once she has to retreat to her bedroom after sunset, you are talking through a closed door. I can see that will be a strain if I don't learn to harness the power of my diaphragm. She won't have much use of a companion with laryngitis.

Have a great night. Time to rest now! Thanks for your support. I have a really good feeling this is where I belong.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cheryl, That sounds very good. I really hope it works out for you.
Food poisoning would be bad! Do you think the lady got sick too?
What a hopeful, fun experience.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #175
Big Yapper!

Yes, it was! And no, she didn't eat the soup. The other companion and I both ordered the soup. I don't know how to contact her so I can't ask how she's feeling. I think some of what I'm feeling is post-nasal-drip at work. I've been out of Benadryl for several days and I always take two of them every evening when I go to bed. I've noticed itching and various other sensations like hives wanting to crop up on my face (like right now) and I was just tearing drawers apart looking for a fallen soldier. I know I've dropped some here and there but can't find one to save my life right now. Having a definite Springtime allergic reaction right now. That alone can make me nauseated. Drip drip drip.

I will have to go and buy some tomorrow. I can now afford to! The last time I bought a bottle, I remember thinking how little I could afford it. That's why I only bought a small bottle of caps.

If the woman got sick from something she ate, OMG. What a nightmare scenario that would be. She can't even enter her on-suite bathroom at night because of the headlights that shine through the cracks along her shade. She actually has a standard toilet in her bedroom and we asked her tonight how that worked. She has bags in it and she tries to not eat anything that might make her need to go #2 during the night time hours. She just pees in it, then dumps it into the regular plumbed toilet once the sun comes up. She has to make alterations to every aspect of her life. It's really unbelievable.

Night night! 10:30 and I'm going to continue the hunt for a stray Benadryl. I just KNOW I can find at least one. I'll come back if I do, just to show I was right.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #176
Big Yapper!

Nada.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #178
Big Yapper!

Thank you. I think the worst is past. That soup kept repeating on me so I took two Tums and I feel better. It wasn't all due to the allergies. I did what I could and now the rest is in God's capable hands. As I was using a flashlight searching all the nooks and crannies for a stray Benadryl, I thanked God that I could even USE a flashlight. The world looks entirely different to me with this woman in my life.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

hope you got to feeling better and got some sleep !

I think this new job opportunity is such a blessing ! The lady has to be lonely and if y'all hit if off, she would be so Blessed to have you there

pray you find out soon....... the suspense is killing me lol !
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
hope you got to feeling better and got some sleep !

I think this new job opportunity is such a blessing ! The lady has to be lonely and if y'all hit if off, she would be so Blessed to have you there

pray you find out soon....... the suspense is killing me lol !
Ditto! I am tempted to find ways to help here, just reading about it! Tape around the window shades in the bathroom so she can use her own bathroom at night... It's so sad and you naturally want to make it better!

Sounds good! I really hope it all works out! It will be a blessing to you both!