Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Cheryl- hope your Easter is restful. Don't dwell on the slip up. Easter is a tough time - it is family time and family = food and even no family = food.
I also fell off so I guess I am soothing myself as well. I am so back on track tomorrow morning. Take care and Happy Easter.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #122
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you, ladies. Happy Easter to you as well. Nope; no family time for this chick. Working today so it's just another day to me. We are going to meet up for a meal this Friday cause one of my sisters is going away for three weeks and I thought it would be nice to get together before that.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hope your day at work was nice and uneventful! Friday will be fun! How's LC treating you? We're you feeling committed? I'm working up some weight loss, sacrifice mojo myself .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #124
Big Yapper!

Derailed thanks to drinking and drinking leading to late-night fast food cave-ins. I need to find a way to eat that is nutritious and super cheap cause my income is plummeting in May. I might restart my hhcg pellets and dive into a low cal experiment. See how little money I can spend in a month and how many lbs I can drop in the process.

May will also need to be alcohol-free for the same reason. I hate to even say it cause it sets me up for a fall. I hate stumbling around in public places like this. What I really would like to do in May is not talk about dieting or drinking at all, and just do what I need to do to get out of the 200's and to stay solvent in my checking account. That is one paragraph chock full of "to do's" for May.

Have a nice day, ladies. Off to work soon. One more after today and I'm done.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #125
Big Yapper!

Page 5 of my "enough fooling around" thread and I'm still fooling around. I feel like a fraud and want to have this thread deleted if I could. It's embarrassing.

Had major regrets over resigning my job after going back over my finances and realizing (after making a phone call to see if I could get a budget payment lower) I wasn't even ON a budget plan. I told them I called in the beginning of December. I read from the notes I took to show what was discussed and what we came up with as far as the monthly amount, etc. There is no record of any of the details that the associate and I agreed upon. I owe around $600 and if they wanted to, they could shut off my heat even though I've been paying money religiously. I thought I was right on track!

That's just ONE of my financial issues. So long story short, I asked to be kept on the books at the farm and used as back-up. The boss said we could do that. I said I didn't want to close this door and she said "there are no closed doors." Well, time will tell. She did say that two of the barn staff girls each will be taking a week off, though she didn't have dates yet.

She asked if I could come sometimes (volunteer) to free longe the horses or to groom. I said I could and she should let me know what days she needs me to do that. She indicated the weekend so I said I was working Saturday so I could come on Sunday (my first day off the schedule) and do that. She said she'd leave a note indicating which horses she wanted to get worked.

So I'm still a staff member at the farm and only time will tell how much income it will bring me each month but it gives me hope that I have a shot at financial survival while still taking time to get my you-know-what together. Yeah, I'm still hoping to do that.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Good thing you found that out before something was cut off ! Wow !

hope that it works out that you can work some for the extra $$$

night.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

bummer on the budget plan! He they get it straightened out.

it's a good idea to keep your options open on the job. Maybe you can find something else too? something will work out.

Don't beat yourself up on the weight, but don't let yourself off the hook either. It's only April. You have a whole lot of 2014 left to not "fool around" in .
Old 04-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #128
Big Yapper!

I saw my sisters and my mom and two bro-in-laws tonight at the pizza place and my sister is down to 129! She is so thin. She looks amazing. She works hard at swimming and walking and monitors her calories closely and she's proving that it works. Calories in, calories out. She eats everything under the sun. When will I accept that I can do it too?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy for you, that you got to see your family today. Hopefully your sister can be a motivation for you. You can do it!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow .... is she younger or older ? I can't remember ....

I love to swim !! Especially in the ocean. That's my fav. I would go everyday if I lived somewhere that the water was beautiful and I could step out of house onto a beach.... Ahhhhh..........dreaming ..........

Today is your last shift right ? Hope it goes well and you are able to relax and unwind some.. Good luck !!

have an awesome weekend !!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #131
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Laura. I hope you have an awesome weekend too. Yes, today is my last shift. It's been raining but according to the radar I've seen, it's moving out and will get sunny and dry up. Thank you, Lord!

I'm the youngest of my siblings. The sister who is 129 is 7 years older than me. She's been down at this weight once before, had skin-reduction surgery and kept the weight off for a number of years. Then something triggered her to lose control and she regained a lot of her weight. It's been a total fight every step of the way for her to get it all off again and I'm so proud of her. Now, I want to be like her and follow in her footsteps.

When she swims at the pool, she has a total routine and she's in the pool for over 2 hours. When she walks the dog, it's like 6 miles and she walks at a fast clip. And she and her husband go on long hikes sometimes too. On rainy days, she has a recumbent bike in her basement and she puts the dog on the treadmill so they can both work out together where it's dry. She has become an athlete. But she says that she has to do all that because her metabolism is so slow. A Dr once told her she would need to be like a hamster on a wheel to lose weight and keep it off.

I started this post an hour ago. Got caught up in a phone call with the ex-manager at the farm. She's coming to the farm tonight after I get there to get some hay for her bunny, give me some bunny treats (something you hang in the cage) and just say hello. I told her tomorrow I was going back to the farm to free longe them and she said she will come too. Weekends will be spent at the farm, as far as I can see for my future. It's the only time when it's peaceful. Program starts Monday afternoon and that's something I want to avoid. It's going to be a madhouse.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies! I'm going to enjoy my last day. It's really chilly and overcast outside. I thought the clouds had moved out but they came back and it's super grey and low light out there. Only in the 40's. Brrrr!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-26-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #132
Big Yapper!

Sun is out.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

A bit of sunshine makes everything feel so much better. I get terribly depressed in winter. Hope you are getting in some of that sun.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

praying you are relaxing and enjoying your new found freedom. Hope you spend time outdoors, taking Cissy swimming, opening the windows to let the fresh air in ! It's a new chapter of your life !
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #135
Big Yapper!

Thank you, ladies. New chapter indeed. Time to live as frugally as I can and to take care of my health. "Enough fooling around."

I'm letting a tablespoon of Chia seeds soak in some cold water so I can drink them. I haven't taken any in a long time but I do believe they will help cleanse my body of some built up toxins. Go to work, little Chia's.

Okay. Those little guys are on their way through my system now. I haven't taken vitamins in a long time either so I'm going to take those today too. Got them all lined up in a row. Soon as I eat something I'll pop them.

I need to clean the bunny's cage. He's sort of looking at me with that penetrating stare, sending me subliminal messages. I've decided that I'm going to get him neutered even though it's nearly $200. He's just got to get clipped. I've seen him "doing it" to a furry blanket that he's taken a liking to and I just get grossed out. He's like a machine. Raging hormones, plus he'll spray a little urine, too. I've had enough. I'm crying UNCLE.

That's another curious expression, isn't it? I should google and see where that originated from. Well, it goes back as far as to Roman times and it's unclear what it really meant. So, we're still wondering and using it to this very day.

I feel like I have diaper rash today. What's up with that? Like I said, it's time to really start taking care of myself and focusing on that rather than the farm. So that's what I'm going to do. Much easier to do when you are financially strapped. Have to make much wiser choices and plan things out. No impulsive actions allowed.

Well, that's all I've got to say for now. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings. Have a great Monday.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good for you. Everything starts with taking the first step... then another...

Sunshine & fresh air are definitely goods. That's something I have to make an effort to take advantage of... but it does feel good!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe the financial constraints will be just what you need for accountability? Sometimes a radical change is what it takes to jumpstart us? It'll be even more crucial to shop and spend wisely now, so only buy good LC foods that will fuel and heal your body. That way, when you're living out of the freezer (which we do as the $ runs out ), you'll still be on plan. You can do it!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #138
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Have a great Tuesday. I slept like crap again. I keep waking up around 1:30 the past couple of nights. No idea why. Makes me a little crazy cause I take all these meds. Whatever. Full moon perhaps, beyond these cloudy skies?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #139
Big Yapper!

Did I write about a possible companion job I saw online? I know I talked about it on the horse thread. Well, read this!!!

The woman who placed the ad and just called me is one of the woman's other caregivers. The woman needing a companion to fill in with the other two women working there now is a traumatic brain injury survivor from 8 years ago. She's in her mid-60's and also a widow, and retired school teacher.

Because of the TBI, she has a great deal of sensitivities to light, sound, smell, electricity, etc. She has two things that run in her house: The refrigerator and the furnace. (OMG. I guess that means there's no a/c in the summer and no fans. Oy! I'll have to figure out how to handle that.) She's a bit of a germaphobe so you slip into the house and take off your shoes, wash your hands, etc.

The shift begins at 2 and ends at 10. It goes something like this:

From around 2-6, you play games with her and talk. Around that time, you go out to your cell phone (which you left out in the car) and you order dinner for the two of you from a take-out menu from a restaurant nearby. (I think it's take out; maybe delivery. She pays for dinner every shift!)

After dinner, you clean up and go back to playing cards until around sunset. That's when she needs to retire to her bedroom and have her room-darkening shade drawn because of the car and street lights that bother her. She sits in her bedroom in a chair with her bedroom door partially closed and the caregiver sits in a chair on the other side of the door and they both drink tea (I guess I can drink something else if I want) and the companion talks with her until it's time for bed. There is a little bedtime routine and then I slip out and go home quietly.

It pays CASH, under the table, $100 for an 8-hour shift which includes dinner. She said if I was interested, it will go like this: I come for a meet and greet around 3:30 (I chose Friday) and I will then see if the woman likes me, etc. After that, I do one shift of shadowing one of the other girls for an entire shift. If I then want it and the woman wants me, I'm good for one or two shifts each week; either Friday or Sunday. Over time, I might be offered both shifts.

This is freaking AMAZING! The woman does all her own care. She needs no lifting or bathing, etc. All I have to be is sensitive to her sensitivities and learn to handle being hot (I guess. Maybe the a/c is central air and that will take the place of the furnace in the hot months.)

OMG!!!! If I get this position, I'm BETTER OFF than I was with the farm job! I will earn MORE money than I did before, working out in the elements with the bugs. And I'm playing card and board games and just shooting the breeze. She has a TV but it's not plugged in, and of course, no radio or computer. So she needs someone who can just share the world with her. Maybe I can read her a book or articles from the newspaper or a magazine (if the light is okay for her and for me.)

The lady says she sometimes drops some f-bombs during game playing if she gets a bad hand but she's not obnoxious or anything like that. She says that all the years she was a teacher, she had to watch her language and now she's making up for lost time.

Can you believe this????? I was so taken aback when I was told that I was speaking to one of the caregivers and not the woman cause I didn't know what to make of that. She said that she and the caregiver did create the ad together but the caregiver posted it.

I hope I can make this work. OMG! I'm going to be doing a lot of praying. And the woman I spoke with said she thought it was going to work out well, after getting a sense about me on the phone.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Woohoo ! i read about it on the other thread and I think it would be PERFECT for you !Will pray it works out !
Old 04-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #141
Big Yapper!

Thank you! Night, everyone.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

that you get this caregiver job. Sounds like something that could fit right into your new lifestyle.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
That's awesome! Hope you get it! I could use a job like that myself! Lol
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #144
Big Yapper!

Thanks, friends! I hope I get it too. I need to be anti-excited, though. She needs someone who is calm, quiet, clean and as scent-free as possible. I'll have to find out if she uses things like lip balm cause if she does, she's used to that sort of scent and I can wear mine. My lips are addicted to lip balm. I don't wear makeup or put hair spray or mouse (moose?) in my hair. If I get the job, I'll invest in laundry soap and deodorant and things of that nature that are for those with allergies.

I wish I knew if others have a "meet and great" too. The ad has been up for a while now. Oh God, please let this be meant for me. You rock! Rock of Ages! The Everlasting Arm!

Overcast here but the sky is brightening. The pond through the woods in the back is overflowing its spillway again from all the rain we had the past couple of days and there is ponding in the back yard. Not enough for Cissy to swim in but bad enough to keep me from going back there.

Well, just woke up a while ago and I'm drinking my first cup of coffee. Ttyl!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow! That does sound like God at work to me!! Be on your best, non rowdy behavior on Friday . I'm sure you'll get it! What a blessing that will be!! I know It's too soon, but I had a feeling something better was coming along. Keep us posted!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #146
Big Yapper!

Julie, I had hopes something better would but I had no clue what that could be or how long it would take. I really do love working with the horses but you know how it ended up being. All BS and little pleasure. And I truly do NOT handle the heat and bugs (and rain) well at all.

If I get this job, I'm wondering how I'll handle the money that comes my way. Safe deposit box? Can't put it into my checking and if I only buy things with cash, I will start getting charged a fee (have to keep a minimum balance in the checking or use the debit card 10 times each cycle in order to have free checking.) What a wonderful dilemma! I guess after this, I won't be able to discuss the financial aspect of this job in such a public way. Who knows how it could come back to bite me. So, mums the word!

I will indeed keep you all posted!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Haha- the dilemma of too much money. too funny.
Sending you good luck job vibes from across the ocean.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #148
Big Yapper!

Thanks, honey. I think it's funny too. God doth have a sense of humor.

I was just spending time on Youtube, looking into traumatic brain injury relating to heightened sensitivities to things like light, sound, touch, electricity, etc. I found nothing. I wonder just what happened to her to cause these changes in her ability to perceive the world. I hope I get the chance to find out. I'll bet she's a very interesting lady to spend time with. I hope she finds me interesting and the right person for her, too.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Oh I think you have a great chance of getting this job. My lips are sealed I won't tell a soul!

Well my dd has been hit hard this week. TWO friends passed away. One on Monday who was a very dear friend from high school. He was fighting a huge drug problem. The drug won. Then on Tuesday another friend lost his battle with kidney failure. Her bf was very good friends with him too. They grew up together. My dd isn't doing so well so if any of you who pray can include her, it would be great. Thank you.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy

Last edited by tay65; 05-01-2014 at 03:40 PM..
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #150
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I will pray, Tammy. How tragic. God be with all those who are mourning the loss of these young people. Peace be with them all.